Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Legend of Zelda

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    So unless you know situations, shut your mouth. *glares at Mirai* You too.
    Despite shaking in my boots, I stand by my previous stance of "if you're worried about what people think of you for what games you play, you need to work on your issues with insecurity."

I can empathise with you Carlos. I used to have similar feelings. Then I turned 14.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    zomg flame warz

on topic, i felt so bad for miyamoto when the E3 presentation got all fucky. You know he's super pro at the game but everything was failing. I wanted to give him a big hug and steal his wallet

Flocke of D.I.C.K.'s Cheerleader

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJ View Post
    Assuming you're referring to Shadow of the Colossus with regards to feeling "alone the whole game" the feeling of solitude was one of the best things about it. I never though I could become quite so attached to an AI horse - and the final bridge you cross? It meant that I wanted to kill the final colossus to death just to vent over what had happened.

One of the cardinal rules of storytelling is to show, not tell, and SotC is one of the few games to manage that so masterfully, the other being Flower. SotC created a world around you that had a story, that had an elegantly told history, that had a beautifully wistful melancholy, and that - most importantly - had soul. And why did it have soul? Because it created the perfect emotional canvas, one which everyone is free to paint their own picture onto by way of the subtle insinuations of the colour palette, the ethereal score, and the underlying, enigmatic story.

Forums were awash with people exploring the world and trying to seek out new nooks and crannies, not because there was reward involved - no trophies, no unlockable weapons, no secret cutscenes, nothing - but because it appealed to that frontier-spirit. And I think part of what makes that spirit such an inherent part of our own spirits is the very fact that everything that's newly discovered awakens or titillates some hitherto unexcited part of our minds.

At least, that's what SotC is to me...: intentionally absent of purpose and inadvertently bursting with it. Guess what my favourite game is =P
    Yeah I agree...but sometime it felt unnecessarily empty, like the journey between Collosi battles should have been interrupted by smaller shadow enemies from Ico maybe. I just enjoyed the pacing of Ico a bit more than SOTC, you were always searching/solving puzzles, then when you finally did a battle--it was EPIC and well worth it. SOTC pacing was a little boring towards the middle of the game, and I honestly think PS2 had something to do with that.

Purely going from early impressions of Last Guardian, I'd say Team Ico is going back to a more even split between exploration/fighting/puzzle solving. And the personal relationship looks even more awesome!!! Although I have to admit, Love is one of the themes I most resonate with. Its very realistic even, you truly would do anything if you love someone enough, so I hope that theme makes it way into this title as well..
    Last edited by OmniStalgic; 07-17-2010 at 07:12 PM.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Gamer of all genres. Master of none. Generosity of God's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG Zelda 25th Anniversary Logo!!! Miyamoto is making a Tribute Product!!! JOYOUS DAY!!!

Skyward Sword looks great. that mysterious character that disappears at the end looks like Vaati from Minish Cap.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent. This is why the game will not be delayed into 2012 and possibly why it was move into 2011 to begin with.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

I will have the penne alla arrabiata TimmyJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks pretty sexy in motion: Wind Waker without a child protagonist. And I hate the "child/teenager saves the world" plot in any game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Izzard - Dress To Kill
    Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?

You don't eat pigs, we don't eat pigs,
    It seems it's been that way forever.
    So if you don't eat pigs and we don't eat pigs,
    Why not not eat pigs together?

Post Thanks / Like
    http://soundcloud.com/rawmeatcowboy/...-zelda-skyward

is someone able to confirm this by playing the trailer backwards?

i would but i don't have the trailer on file and can't seem to find a download link

Post Thanks / Like
    Weird question: I'm playing Spirit Tracks on DS, and you know breakable objects like rocks and vases and grass all respawn, is it..."OK" I guess, to abuse the fact they respawn to collect lots of gems?
    I'm wondering if that has any impact in long term to game balance or is the repetitive work of doing that not worth it?

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

I see my post as last post but when I click it, thread ends with the Carlos post from 8th July 2010, wtf.
    Ok nvm, lots of posts since that time are suddenly visible now (wtf was going on...)
    Last edited by masteratt; 05-04-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Veteran Citizen the poe collector's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol masteratt you Zelda n00b

that's designed to be taken advantage of so you're fine. I can't tell you how many times I've broken all the vases in a room to collect rupees, walked out, then gone right back in to get them again. There's almost no way you're going to fill your wallet in any Zelda game without doing that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Generosity of God View Post
    http://soundcloud.com/rawmeatcowboy/...-zelda-skyward

is someone able to confirm this by playing the trailer backwards?

i would but i don't have the trailer on file and can't seem to find a download link
    Gametrailers to the rescue

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gd...skyward/713541

Neither enemy nor friend Otacon305's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They really need to get some new artists. All the enemies look like pathetic pokemon rejects.

Nintendo's 2 rules for designing a Zelda enemy:
    1)Is it intimidating? Start over.
    2)When you think you've used enough pastel colors... you're almost half done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    I saw naked men
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I was a (...) receiver. I saw men naked in the shower, tackled them to the ground, got tackled, huddled together (...), wore tight clothing that accentuated the buttocks (...) There was man meat everywhere. (...) I hung around with a bunch of guys. Took showers with a bunch of them 5 days a week. (...) I crave the cock (...)

"The spirit of the warrior... will always be with you."

Thread Information