Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda

Post Thanks / Like
    The fact that you are embarrassed playing the game does not make the game bad, it makes you insecure.

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah man...agreed. It's not easy all the time, but you shouldn't care what others think of you too much. I remember I used stunt going through the hood listening to soft rock or sade or something, lol...You gotta get over that stuff--you shouldn't be embarrassed to playing anything in front of people.

My mother thinks i watch cartoons all the time when I put One Piece on lol...

And that girl was kinda hot. Not really a standout beauty, but something about a girl that's excited for a Zelda game is pretty hot.
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Neither enemy nor friend Otacon305's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be even more turned on by a girl like her hating on this game while singing praise of Ocarina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper
    I saw naked men
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    I was a (...) receiver. I saw men naked in the shower, tackled them to the ground, got tackled, huddled together (...), wore tight clothing that accentuated the buttocks (...) There was man meat everywhere. (...) I hung around with a bunch of guys. Took showers with a bunch of them 5 days a week. (...) I crave the cock (...)

"The spirit of the warrior... will always be with you."

Hey! Hey! Street Fighter! Hisham's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniCloud View Post
    yeah man...agreed. It's not easy all the time, but you shouldn't care what others think of you too much. I remember I used stunt going through the hood listening to soft rock or sade or something, lol...You gotta get over that stuff--you shouldn't be embarrassed to playing anything in front of people.

My mother thinks i watch cartoons all the time when I put One Piece on lol...

And that girl was kinda hot. Not really a standout beauty, but something about a girl that's excited for a Zelda game is pretty hot.
    Ahaha, same thing happens when I put on any anime haha.

And I agree with not caring what people think. Hell, I used to go to my fair share of Street Fighter tournaments and I didn't give a fuck what people thought about that. Nerd doesn't have to equal loser anymore haha.
    Last edited by Hisham; 07-05-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisham View Post

And I agree with not caring what people think. Hell, I used to go to my fair share of Street Fighter tournaments and I didn't give a fuck what people thought about that. Nerd doesn't have to equal loser anymore haha.
    Nerd never had to equal loser but some people just made it so hard to rise above it.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. " - Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hisham View Post
    Nerd doesn't have to equal loser anymore haha.
    Well, I wouldn't go that far... But loser isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Loser.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paz View Post
    The fact that you are embarrassed playing the game does not make the game bad, it makes you insecure.
    This.

Also, this.

Ol' Boy is back (maybe)! Unspoken's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    To Carlos, I agree that the sailing was a bit tedious, but I was never really lost in that game. I was always able to find wherever it was that I needed to go fairly easy. Just the time it took to get to those places was a pain. Like, I could go downstairs from my room, make a sandwich, grill it, and take it back upstairs before I reached certain destinations.

But then you get the songs that warp you, so it's not that big of an issue.

You need to grow some balls and deal with it. Like crazy chick said in the video, Wind Waker's story is goddamn awesome, so be a man and get back into it. Also, the game has my favorite score of the Zelda franchise. Absolutely beautiful.

Speaking of crazy chick, though, I have a friend that is exactly like that, but she's blond and a bit shorter. Other than that, they could be best friends/sisters separated at birth.

1337GheyCowboys!
    Because without the "1337" and "Cowboys!", we'd be the Wyld Stallynz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    You guys call me wierd.... ^ This video proves you wrong. Period.
    She's hilarious and quirky, but if you are implying that for a girl, you are actually pretty normal, then I agree.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know what, Paz. You need to shut up for once. You're new around here, but you come around acting like your word is better than mine.

I don't care what people think of what I think... But when I have a guest over, watching me play fucking Wind Waker - on a fucking stupid little fucking cutesy shit, and a boring segment that is the fucking boat... That's embarrassing. I can play COD4, or MW2 without hearing "this game is gay." or "play a kickass game."

So unless you know situations, shut your mouth. *glares at Mirai* You too.

Unspoken, I'll get to your reply after Paz has responded, I don't want you to be confused here, at all.
    Last edited by Carlos; 07-05-2010 at 09:21 PM.

I will have the penne alla arrabiata TimmyJ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously Carlos, why are you so touchy about everything that people say to or about you? People do tend to jump on you a little bit unfairly, but you're always so quick to go on the defensive - and usually by way of being offensive. The world and the people within it aren't out to get you.

As for the whole "being embarrassed" thing, I think I get what you mean, although I'd disagree about Wind Waker. Whilst I couldn't give a flying fiddler's fuck about what someone thinks about the media I imbibe, sometimes aspects of them are so bad that I feel embarrassed in a peculiar way, almost as though it's me that's responsible for said atrocity. Perfect example: Killzone 2's dialogue. It pains me through to my bones to hear such effin and Jeffin used as a substitute for anything worthwhile, and I can't imagine myself showing the game to anyone and pointing it out as a positive - it makes the tasteful part of my brain reel back in horror.

Anyway, on the topic of the game: I recently saw some pictures of it running on some TV's and, very peculiarly, such second-hand screenshots do it greater justice than direct feed ones in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Izzard - Dress To Kill
    Thank you for flying Church of England, cake or death?

You don't eat pigs, we don't eat pigs,
    It seems it's been that way forever.
    So if you don't eat pigs and we don't eat pigs,
    Why not not eat pigs together?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJ View Post
    Seriously Carlos, why are you so touchy about everything that people say to or about you? People do tend to jump on you a little bit unfairly, but you're always so quick to go on the defensive - and usually by way of being offensive. The world and the people within it aren't out to get you.

As for the whole "being embarrassed" thing, I think I get what you mean, although I'd disagree about Wind Waker. Whilst I couldn't give a flying fiddler's fuck about what someone thinks about the media I imbibe, sometimes aspects of them are so bad that I feel embarrassed in a peculiar way, almost as though it's me that's responsible for said atrocity. Perfect example: Killzone 2's dialogue. It pains me through to my bones to hear such effin and Jeffin used as a substitute for anything worthwhile, and I can't imagine myself showing the game to anyone and pointing it out as a positive - it makes the tasteful part of my brain reel back in horror.
    Don't try and reason with him, this thread is about to get epic real quick.
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. " - Abraham Lincoln

want a baby? garden weasel! bryan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's great to see love blossom as it has in this thread so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyJ View Post
    I changed my custom title to "The most hated member." for proving my point. Paz comes into the thread OBVIOUSLY trying to get a rise out of me, followed by Mirai's post - and Mirai doesn't like me at all. Now, understanding this pattern, there's a tone in both of their posts. Keyword: Tone.
    And this part doesn't get me riled up, you debated your position on my ideals with some tact. Not with some bon fide attitude. You get it? I know how to control myself. I have been doing this for quite a while, and everyone still try and piss me off. Even a few others were saying "you shouldn't care about what others think" but they debated with tact. Respect.

You disagree, and that's all right, man. I respect it, and I won't argue with your point of view.

This next post, has debated with me, but shows some tact:
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken View Post
    To Carlos, I agree that the sailing was a bit tedious, but I was never really lost in that game. I was always able to find wherever it was that I needed to go fairly easy. Just the time it took to get to those places was a pain. Like, I could go downstairs from my room, make a sandwich, grill it, and take it back upstairs before I reached certain destinations.
    It was tedious. Yes, but sometimes, I get lost on where to go, or knowing what to do next. Or even how to get there. So, I kind of just gave up on Wind Waker.
    But then you get the songs that warp you, so it's not that big of an issue.
    And, I agree. The musical score is masterful.
    You need to grow some balls and deal with it. Like crazy chick said in the video, Wind Waker's story is goddamn awesome, so be a man and get back into it. Also, the game has my favorite score of the Zelda franchise. Absolutely beautiful.
    Like I said; I gave up.
    Speaking of crazy chick, though, I have a friend that is exactly like that, but she's blond and a bit shorter. Other than that, they could be best friends/sisters separated at birth.
    Is she your girlfriend?
    Last edited by Carlos; 07-05-2010 at 10:54 PM.

Longing for Times Passed OmniStalgic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ur not the most hated member afterall :0)
    “Had the religion of Christianity been preserved according to the ordinances of the Founder, the state and commonwealth of Christendom would have been far more united and happy than they are. Nor can there be a greater proof of its decadence than the fact that the nearer people are to the Church, the head of their religion, the less religious are they.”
    "By their Fruits, you will recognize them..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OmniCloud View Post
    ur not the most hated member afterall :0)
    *wispers* psst. Just go with the floow.
    Yes, I am.

Hey! Hey! Street Fighter! Hisham's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paz View Post
    Well, I wouldn't go that far... But loser isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Loser.
    Meh, I still have a decent social life, and while I am the dude that people usually ask about video game advice and shit, I don't make a big deal about it. Hell, I don't even talk about video games in person unless somebody asks me about it or I have a bunch of friends over playing some random ass sports game.

But what I was really trying to get at with my point is that you can have the social sense to bathe, dress nice, be doing something productive with your life and take care of your body and still play video games as a main hobby. You don't have to be like that kotaku writer who played everquest and denied his gf sex hahaha.

Whatever though, I do feel like I am losing touch with gaming though. In the last month I've played my PS3 for maybe an hour. Gives me an idea for a blog post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hisham is the guy who drips with coo'.

Don'tcha, foo'.

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus jumped up and slapped your mother with a 6 eyed trout, Carlos. Why do you always think someone is disagreeing with you only to "get a rise out of you"? Maybe he's disagreeing with you because he just happens to disagree with you.

As for your friends calling it "ghey"...if you feel your integrity and manhood was insulted, tell them to shut the fuck up, grow up, become a man, come back and enjoy the damn game. Never, NEVER, feel insecure about your choices of games (or anything) on the immaturity of others. Be the bigger man. If you let them dictate what you play, you're just showing your inferiority.

And one final note, never tell anyone that their word is irrelevant here based on their registration date. Been here 8 years, been here 8 minutes. You treat every member with the same respect for his or her opinion.

And that lady's dog was looking up at her like she was out of her frikkin mind. That also got hard to watch.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Jesus jumped up and slapped your mother with a 6 eyed trout, Carlos. Why do you always think someone is disagreeing with you only to "get a rise out of you"? Maybe he's disagreeing with you because he just happens to disagree with you.
    I've already explained this to everyone. Read it.
    As for your friends calling it "ghey"...if you feel your integrity and manhood was insulted, tell them to shut the fuck up, grow up, become a man, come back and enjoy the damn game.
    That doesn't work, like I have been implying in the last few posts; Attitude is everything.
    Never, NEVER, feel insecure about your choices of games (or anything) on the immaturity of others. Be the bigger man. If you let them dictate what you play, you're just showing your inferiority.
    While it was insulting to just hear them say it.... I'm not insecure just because of it, I'm just annoyed by it. Nintendo used to be able to pull in both sides of the same coin; the casuals, and the hardcore. Those who didn't like Wind Waker's cartoony direction actually LIKED Zelda 64. Here's what's wierd, when I was playing Twilight Princess for GameCube, my bro called Zelda being "sorry" when TP was supposed to be a dark game. My first reaction is "huh?" and a big fat "What the fuck is going on here?"
    And one final note, never tell anyone that their word is irrelevant here based on their registration date. Been here 8 years, been here 8 minutes. You treat every member with the same respect for his or her opinion.
    Oh, that's funny, I felt that Paz was doing that.

Thread Information