Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should change the name from Call Of Duty: Black Ops to Call Of Duty: Viet-Bomb.

I mean it looked good, just not black ops.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do we have 2 identical thread?...Mods merge the threads or do something sheesh....
    I'll post my opinion in your thread once I watch it (in about 2 seconds lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh OK I see, they are doing a Assassin's Creed type of thing where you are in "now" time in an experiment or something and you relive the old times through someone else's body I guess, thus taking you through all the wars.
    Cheap story (if my prediction is correct). Can't comment on anything else since all I saw was 0.5 seconds of flash screens but my first impressions is that the engine didn't look updated in anyway which is a huge buzzkill.

Post Thanks / Like

Call of Duty: Black Ops

I didn't want to make a thread about it, bust since nobody else did already, here it goes:
    VGA's post:
    Quote Originally Posted by VG Aficionado View Post

COD(7): Black Ops teaser. Since there is no thread.
    The game looks like MW2 graphically. THe jungle scene looks nice due to vegetation. I could write about the info shown from pausing the clips like the different weapons, but I don't feel like it.

I am not interested in CoD games anymore and am only starting this thread to channel all the comments about the new game in one place and leave the news thread for other discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raijin View Post
    What a crap teaser... why the camera has to be shaky ffs???
    It is annoying, but that is the idea of a teaser; to tease, not reveal.
    I hate shaky cams so much I didn't watch Cloverfield even though I like huge monster movies...

The movie Quarantine was okay since they didn't shake the came that much.
    Last edited by Z; 05-01-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    We always had popular games with multiple threads in each main section.

This one would be for the PS3-centric discussions. I didn't find another thread here for the game.
    "With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
    - Steven Weinberg

“If Jesus had been killed twenty years ago, Catholic school children would be wearing little electric chairs around their necks instead of crosses.”
    - Lenny Bruce

Post Thanks / Like
    Boom kaboom vroom *whisper* BOOM!
    aaahh shiiiit

On a Magic School Bus OG_Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    now we have three identical threads

I mean I totally agree, doesn't make sense having three different threads for the same game. I think all multiplatform games need to be placed in the general VG section. But no one liked the idea of that sooooooo.
    Last edited by OG_Monkey; 05-01-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    Check out my YouTube Channel and Other Pages:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OG_Monkey View Post

I mean I totally agree, doesn't make sense having three different threads for the same game. I think all multiplatform games need to be placed in the general VG section. But no one liked the idea of that sooooooo.
    You gotta take them by the balls and enforce the rule. Just keep moving multi-platform threads here or merge etc, maybe warning to those who don't follow and soon VG section will flourish

The only sensible argument against it was "some games have exclusive content" but so what, just discuss it under one roof of the game as that's still a part of it. One game, one thread. For example some people didn't know Stimulus was 360 exclusive in PS3 boards, they would have if it was only one thread.

Anyway I'm not sure why I care so much but I guess it's such a simple thing to do that I feel it should be brought up/ enforced. Like you said having 3 threads for same game....c'mon now, that's ridiculous. There is a basic forum principle to have no duplicate threads for a reason, especially being a user of the New Posts feature, having to check multiple threads for same point of discussion is not very fun.

EDIT: Thanks Viper.

On topic:
    Very awesome episode of GT pop-block analysing the trailer, lots of great info: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt...-call-of/65166
    Last edited by masteratt; 05-01-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very awesome episode of GT pop-block analysing the trailer, lots of great info: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gt...-call-of/65166

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OG_Monkey View Post

Just a thought but isnt it possible to have the same singular thread appear in all three general, 360 and PS3 sections so if you post in say from the Xbox side it will appear in a solitary thread. You know what i mean? Say i opened the new Hitman multi platform thread but in the PS3 section then a mod could make it one thread appearing on all three sides. At the end of the day everyones comments from all three sides appears in one thread just with three different access points for the fanboys to be happy

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    May not be able to make a better one that IW but WaW was hardly a piece a poor game. I know a lot of people that like it better than MW2.
    WaW was a terrible excuse for a multiplayer CoD game. It sucked hard had more glitches then any other CoD so much unbalanced (ever see anyone use a gun other then the mp40).

CoD4 is still the best.

Post Thanks / Like

PLAYSTATION.4
    Playfrance.com PS4 News 24/24 the latest news.

"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.”Being true to yourself really means being true to all the complexities of the human spirit"

E-mpirial Plenipotentiary Viper's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Threads merged.

Pointless as hell right now to have 3 threads on the same topic when no details exist to give reason to differentiate them.

If something console specific about the title comes out, then make s specific thread for it.
    The current US government is the type of government the founding fathers fought against and warned us about.

America, the Dr. will free you now.

Post Thanks / Like
    @TEEDA's pic collection post: However good or bad this game might be, it's going to be very tough overlooking the fact that we are still looking at the MW1 engine....A very minimal upgraded (if at all) one. Just looking at those shots give me the "*sigh* not again..." feeling.
    Also now that multiple timelines are confirmed, MP design is going be very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah still looks like the same engine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D3adcell View Post
    CoD4 is still the best.
    Yes sir. It is.

Post Thanks / Like
    18th May during the NBA thingy on ESPN, they will show 100% Gameplay trailer. And no, this isn't just an announcement of an announcement, they had a teaser of it to go along with it.
    For anyone who cares bout that kind of stuff, the marketing is 360 exclusive again.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread Information