Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War 3

On a Magic School Bus OG_Monkey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check out my YouTube Channel and Other Pages:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Belka View Post
    Double barrel shotgun, a female character, an annoying looking third faction... I'll get it just because I got the other 2.
    Yea, when you're two thirds of the way through a trilogy, you kind of have to finish it.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=723963

Read that first post. I just read "4 player co-op" and I just went from six to midnight.

Oh, and that female character is Anya. Looks like we have to read to books to figure out how that happened.

Post Thanks / Like
    im mostly excited about the 4player co-op. its about time. i was wishing they'd do it in gears 2, plenty of times there were 2 players and 2 ai. irritating. i can't wait for more info.
    i represent the uninformed consumer.
    [/url]I'm trying to become more than what was predicted of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    im glad they changed up dom since he was the worst character from the bunch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to give props to Microsoft they have a hell of a core lineup to compliment that casual incoming Natal crap. They seem to have balanced things nicely and not gone down the Nintendo route. So far MS easily has the best exclusive core lineup and Nintendo is second in my book for the next 12 months. Sony need to have a big E3 with only Socom, GT and Mod Nation being unveiled so far.

As for Gears of War 3 the proper full introduction of the Lambent might bring back that mystery/atmsophere/shit whats around the next corner feelings the first game had instead of the more all out action approach the second one took which i enjoyed but did not like as much as the first game.

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes me a bit sad that Gears 2 didn't come to PC yet, though. I have no money to buy a 360 (nor the interest to do so, as my table already is filled with an amp, a PS3, my laptop, my LCD and my keyboard and alcohol^^). Makes me wonder, did Gears 1 sell so badly on PC, that it wasn't worth it?

Anyways, Gears 3... they should make a Trilogy pack on both PC and PS3, so I can play it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Four player co-op? Sweet. Hope the bump the number up to 12 for multiplayer and 6 for horde

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope that more games take the same approach with coop (i.e. story coop, not some mission based crap). Liked it in Doom2, LOVED it in Resistance 1... hated it in Resistance 2 (and MW2 for that matter).

Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one suspecting the Locust were never the true enemy? I mean, piece it together... The ending of two (if you beat it you know what I mean), plus in some of the screens from the trailer, the humans and Locust are clearly not firing at each other - they're firing at the Lambent. I smell a revelation that the Locust were the only thing keeping the Lambent at bay and now they're not... Perhaps we'll see an alliance between man and Locust somewhere in GoW3...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GodMachine_Iridius_Dio View Post
    Am I the only one suspecting the Locust were never the true enemy? I mean, piece it together... The ending of two (if you beat it you know what I mean), plus in some of the screens from the trailer, the humans and Locust are clearly not firing at each other - they're firing at the Lambent. I smell a revelation that the Locust were the only thing keeping the Lambent at bay and now they're not... Perhaps we'll see an alliance between man and Locust somewhere in GoW3...
    Thats pretty much a given. What i dont like though is why the Locust would possibly want to fight a war on two fronts? I understand that they were trying to reach the surface to avoid the rising emulsion that mutates them into Lambent but surely there was a better alternative. I really am not liking the story since that Josh Ortega guy took over from the the first game. Too many stupid plot holes. I can deal with gameplay plot holes but not bad writing plot holes.

Your Amicable Overlord D3adcell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like HPK hope they dont join forces. It's not like the locust came here and peacfully tried to get us to help them against the lambent or whatever. Now we have to kill them all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Segitz View Post
    I hope that more games take the same approach with coop (i.e. story coop, not some mission based crap). Liked it in Doom2, LOVED it in Resistance 1... hated it in Resistance 2 (and MW2 for that matter).
    agree

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OG_Monkey View Post
    lol ya know, maybe it's just s hidden message to say the 360 could pull off Uncharted visuals. Otherwise they used a completely random environment to show off the engine.
    your probrably more right than you know. thats exactly what they want the forum jockies to take away from that cherry picked screen shots.

the real question is could it that up for the whole game without recycling.
    We the people...

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.gamesradar.com/f/things-y...41311370443014

pretty cool dissection of the trailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^The only thing missing from that link is the observation of the Pendulum War Lancer that Anya gives Dom. Seems like they're running out of Chainsaw bayonets.

And I severely doubt that Anya has a thing for Dom. There was some poorly written tension between Marcus and her in Gears 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched the trailer (couldn't before as my internet acted up and I had to go online via UMTS)...

first, this surely isn't realtime on a 360... I mean, by a LONG shot. Just the PQ is too much for it to be real. But it's just a trailer, so I can live with it (everyone does it, right). Second... did they just copy Cloud Strife and added a rifle?? I haven't played the second one, but omg^^

Post Thanks / Like
    ^Hopefully, you aren't just confusing Baird with Cloud...right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, as I said, I didn't play 2, so to me, this looks like Cloud, from the short cuts shown in this trailer^^

Post Thanks / Like
    But Baird was in the first game as well. I have to disagree with the Cloud comment. Cloud has crazier, impossible hair and about 27 different swords available at any time.

Hell, I'm looking forward to playing as Baird in co-op.

Thread Information