Man, I rarely get angered with CEOs or the Corporate side of Video Game companies, but this quote by Mr. Tretton pisses me off:

"In an industry that's certainly had its challenges this year, we like to say that the environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry. We have a brand that can play on a worldwide basis, young and old, male and female, where our competition tends to be relegated to either select regions or to select consumer audiences. ...We don't have unlimited money, we cater to a more mass market audience. I think we're willing to take a little bit more risk than a competitor like Nintendo is and ultimately we deliver to the masses on a worldwide basis and that's what we've done for the last 15 years." - SCEA boss Jack Tretton
http://www.destructoid.com/sony-winn...y-151113.phtml

I didnt know what thread to post this in so I just placed it her in the genereal Vids.

CEOs are important to a company, and while some like Nintendo is Notorious for bullshitting and straight up lying (No Wii Price Cut, there is no DS redesign coming etc..), Sony especially their American branch can come off extremely arrogant at time. Like extremely.

This is one of those cases. Wtf? Nintendo doesnt take risks? Are you fucking kidding me?

**vent vent**

Sorry for the vulgarity but I had to vent this out.

I think part of why it hurts is because I love Sony so much...

But also the sheer ignorance of what they say. American branches piss me off. One thing I like about Japanese branches, is (outside of Kutaragi's kraziness or Yamuchi's blatency) they are chill and calmed the f out. And HUBMLE! See: Iwata. That guy is the best CEO of a video game company I can think of. He is chill. He's like a quiet nerd guy. And he wear leather jackets. I used to love Reggie too, until the last couple of years when he started kinda blowing the hardcore off. And I liked Peter Moore a lot with MS, he had nice character. And J Allard - the coolest bald dude ever.

I have never been a big fan of Tretton in the first place though, I dunno why. As goofy as Kaz is ("whoops!") he's a cool cat in my books. But Tretton...quotes like these make me wanna pimp slap his white ass.

Sorry for the extremities guys, Im just venting

I do understand CEOs dont make the games, and that there are great working people who make great games. But sometimes the CEOs make the companies look stupid.

Its like he's just sour that Nintendo took the crown from the PS brand. I guess he's gotta rep his brand too, since he works for them after all...which is fair.

Nintendo was pretty sour when Sony stole it from them too :P (CDs are not the future!) So i guess it evens out.