Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: God of War Collection: 720p60, trophies, GOW3 demo - out NOW!

Hybrid View

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up God of War Collection: 720p60, trophies, GOW3 demo - out NOW!

God of War 1 and 2 collection on Blu-ray with trophies for $40 in 720p form this fall
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...on/#more-15448

FOSTER CITY, Calif., September 1, 2009 – Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced today a new and exclusive PlayStation®3 (PS3™) offering for the critically acclaimed God of War® franchise, God of War® Collection. Scheduled for release this holiday season, God of War Collection will feature reworked versions of both God of War® and God of War® II on a single Blu-ray Disc™ at full 1280 x 720 resolution. Both critically acclaimed games, which were originally developed for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring PlayStation®Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the first time (included for both games). God of War Collection offers substantial value to PS3 consumers, the compilation of both best-selling games costing just $39.99 MSRP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, they are actually doing that? That's got to be a first right?

I have to ask 'why not 1080p' but whatever, I'd bet that's the RSX's fault >.>

That's pretty awesome. I wish it happened for FF XII and other games too.

For next page:

Quote Originally Posted by solidsnakejej View Post
    God of War 1 and 2 collection on Blu-ray with trophies for $40 in 720p form this fall
    FOSTER CITY, Calif., September 1, 2009 – Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) announced today a new and exclusive PlayStation®3 (PS3™) offering for the critically acclaimed God of War® franchise, God of War® Collection. Scheduled for release this holiday season, God of War Collection will feature reworked versions of both God of War® and God of War® II on a single Blu-ray Disc™ at full 1280 x 720 resolution. Both critically acclaimed games, which were originally developed for the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, have been remastered with anti-aliased graphics running at 60 frames per second for a smooth gameplay experience on the PS3 system. Additionally, the Blu-ray Disc compilation will bring PlayStation®Network (PSN) trophy support to the franchise for the first time (included for both games). God of War Collection offers substantial value to PS3 consumers, the compilation of both best-selling games costing just $39.99 MSRP.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/...on/#more-15448
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube
    Five Things We Won't See in the Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)
    PSN ID: Londonstani // PS4 Gameplay & Screenshots
    Steam ID: curryking3 // PC Screenshots & 4K & QHD Screenshots

Hasa Diga Eebowai solidsnakejej's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come on Sony ICO and SOTC next.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH i ned money!
    God, fucking annoying, way too many awesomeness on the PlayStation 3.
    http://e-mpire.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19726&dateline=129306  9612

Post Thanks / Like
    Bluepoint Games
    If this gambit turns out successful, which it more than likely will, consider these guys bought.

HD? Check
    60fps? Check
    Trophies? Check
    Remastered graphics? Check
    My soon to be empty husk of a wallet? CHECK

Sony's beasting, this cannot be denied.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder when the first side by side comparison will pop up...?
    (for those of us that can already play GoW on our PS3's)

Post Thanks / Like

There's a special kind of nerd though, who thinks computers will overtake mankind in thirty years, changing humanity in ways incomprehensible to us now, ignoring the third of the world without electricity. It gives spiritual significance to technology developed primarily for entertainment and warfare and gives nerds something to obsess over that isn't the crushing vacuousness of their lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems the rumour i posted from PS3Extreme about GOW blu Ray mix was correct so i have no reason to doubt this rumour which is pretty much confirmation from the site that something big, used to be multiplatform but now will become exclusive to PS3 approaches in January my friends

Top Secret: Massive PS3 Exclusive Now On The Horizon

You may have heard it here before: we are aware of a truly huge PS3 exclusive title that hasn't been announced or confirmed as of yet. Now, as we have promised to keep the game under wraps, we still can't tell you what it is... But with the recent price drop, the introduction of the PS3 Slim, and more reasons than ever to have a PS3 in your entertainment center, we wanted to give you one more.

First of all, don't bother e-mailing us with desperate pleas; those e-mails will go unanswered. Secondly, you can theorize and speculate all you wish but you must always bear in mind that we did not confirm a damn thing. Thirdly, and this much we can almost promise: the game in question is something the vast majority of gamers will likely enjoy, and the only hint we can give you is that it is familiar. Well, we're talking about a massive upgrade over the last installment, but nevertheless...familiar. The good news is that we might be able to spill the beans on this as early as January or February, but we're at the mercy of Sony right now. Our source - who is no rumor-starter but the game designer currently working on the project - says his hands are tied on the issue, and we'll continue to respect that. But if everything goes well, we'd like to think this game will be ready to go by the end of 2010; that may seem like a ways off, but we consider it a damn good reason to own a PS3.

You know about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God of War III, MAG, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, and The Last Guardian. This title will have a place in that elite group as soon as it's announced; you can be guaranteed of that. Oh, and if any of you are wondering if there's a chance the game will go multiplatform: no. That's all for now, peeps.
    Great news about GOW and ill definitely be picking this up. Hope Sony does this with more of their games and i hope third parties follow suit....MGS Essential please!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's just too f'ing good!
    Never expected them to actually bother "re-building" Gow1&2.
    I thought at best we would get them in PS2 form on a disc next to GoW3.

So for the collection, as Mr Obvious once said: Day 1!

Post Thanks / Like
    i hope more PS2 games get the same treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsnakejej
    Come on Sony ICO and SOTC next.
    oh god yes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Soooo bought!

ICO and SOTC, plus the original Killzone with the control refinements from 2 please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome new way to sell PS3s for Sony: Remake PS2 classics

Post Thanks / Like
    i hope more PS2 games get the same treatment.
    the best way to ensure this is to buy the shit out of this game. the more it sells, the more likely sony will want to make more money off of other older games.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is the date September 1st. Isn't that tomorrow? O.o
    "THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE CYBERPUNKS WHO FIGHT AGAINST INJUSTICE AND CORRUPTION EVERY DAY OF THEIR LIVES." - Snatcher
    Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube
    Five Things We Won't See in the Final Fantasy VII Remake
    Best Controller to KB/M Program: http://joytokey.net/en/download (ask me if you need help)
    PSN ID: Londonstani // PS4 Gameplay & Screenshots
    Steam ID: curryking3 // PC Screenshots & 4K & QHD Screenshots

Post Thanks / Like
    I notice this hasnt been announced by SCEE or the EU Blog. Looks like its only the states for the time being Will have to import i guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great way for Sony to foster development relations with smaller studios, and get them running on PS3 hardware,

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, I can't believe this, they actually did it! This is sooo bought!!! I wonder if it'll include a GOW III demo, it would make it sell a lot more.

Now Shadow of the Colossus on PSN, please

Quote Originally Posted by curryking1 View Post
    For next page:
    Page? New thread!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Instabuy. That is all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qzak View Post
    instabuy. That Is All.
    instabuy. That Is All.