^Go revise for your exam, forget games!!
Patch didn't do anything for me performance wise
Not that bad since it ran OK anyway but I was hoping it would get a bit smoother.
It's all good though. Tried one of the scenarios yesterday. I died! I love this game.
ARMA II Operation Arrowhead Announced
Bohemia Interactive announces ARMA II Operation Arrowhead, a standalone expansion for ARMA II, the military shooter sequel. The project does not yet have a release date, but Bohemia Interactive states it "is fully committed to supporting the existing ARMA II user base whilst also working on the expansion pack." A couple of images accompany the annoucement, which outlines the game's central Asian setting and a bit about gameplay:
Prague, Czech Republic, August 13th 2009 - IDEA Games and award winning independent development studio Bohemia Interactive announced today the development of ARMA II Operation Arrowhead; the standalone expansion pack to ARMA II, one of the most anticipated sandbox PC military simulator of 2009.
Three years after the conflict in Chernarus, portrayed in the original ARMA II, a new flashpoint in the Green Sea region heats up and coalition forces led by the US Army are sent to Takistan to quickly restore peace and prevent further civilian casualties.
Set into the new, visually attractive environment of hilly central Asia, Operation Arrowhead will offer realistic combat simulation experience in a modern day setting with unprecedented freedom of movement, actions and tactics. Players will enlist into various roles within the US Army, from basic infantrymen, through special operatives, to pilots and tank crew in this new installment in the award winning line up of military simulators for PC from Bohemia Interactive.
ARMA II Operation Arrowhead will be presented during the Gamescom; trade fair for interactive games and entertainment in Cologne, Germany 19th - 23rd August 2009. Visit us at our stand in hall 4.2, stand no. L034.
"Bohemia Interactive is fully committed to supporting the existing ARMA II user base whilst also working on the expansion pack, this will not only allow us to introduce a new and original theater of war to the simulation series, but also improve numerous areas of the core game, for both the original game and the expansion, where we can go even further with adding completely new features" said Marek Spanel, Bohemia's CEO.
Usually I would scream FIX THE CORE GAME FIRST!!! edit-(actually come to think of it it's not that broken, just needs optimisation)
But for some reason I trust these guy...If they say they are juggling two projects at once, they are freakin' juggling two projects at once!
Also modern eastern warfare is more fun than a jungle setting for me (MGS3 the only exception).
Lol, same response here almost.Usually I would scream FIX THE CORE GAME FIRST!!! edit-(actually come to think of it it's not that broken, just needs optimisation)
But ya, I feel like these guys are just doing what they need to survive. They need the money really and I don't feel like they are trying to take advantage of ArmA owners.
Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube
Five Things We Won't See in the Final Fantasy VII Remake
I can run the game with all setting maxed out with the veiw distace set to 10,000 meters and still hold 80-140fps @ 1920x1080... but dispite all this the game is unfortonatly broken for me...
every 1-3 min the screen goes black for me leaving only my hud visable durring gameplay im sad to say it ruins it for me. im playing it using a freinds steam account im going to buy a hardcopy ASAP but im afraid the hardcopy will have the same problem.
We the people...
What are the PC specs?
I've heard that there are a lot of graphical problems with the ATI 4800 series cards, as well as systems like yours that have a huge amount of RAM (possibly a 64-bit thing). I guess the best thing to do would be to post the problem, preferably with some screenshots, on the Bohemia Forums.
From the Bohemia Forums
Patch is here.ARMA 2 PATCH 1.04
Copyright (c) 2009 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.
- ANY ORIGINAL VERSION OF ARMA 2 from 1.00 to 1.03 other than the Steam version, Steam users should use the auto updating feature instead (their game will not be playable if they apply this patch until they recover it again from Steam)
- DirectX 9 March 2009 is required and should be updated during the patching process automatically as needed or you can update your version of DirectX from www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/
IMPORTANT: This patch doesn't work with STEAM version. Use steam auto update feature instead if you own Steam version!
HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH:
- Run the patch exe to apply the patch setup automatically.
- It will install all content of the patch to the folder with your ArmA 2 installation (default is C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2).
- Please note that it is not possible to rollback to a previous version after the installation of this patch, only a full reinstall of the game is possible, if you want to keep your previous version you may want to backup the entire game installation folder before applying this patch.
- It is not recommended to use any savegames created in versions 1.00 or 1.01, if you use a savegame from 1.03 some of the fixes may not apply to that game in progress until the beginning of a new mission.
VERSION 1.04 HIGHLIGHTS
* Mouse controls: Improved mouse handling and responsivness
* Stability: Fixed CTD caused by Voice Over Net when many players were speaking simultaneously and other stability problems
* Sound: Fixed speed of sould simulation and other improvements
* Multiplayer: fixed scoring, multiple mission parameters added and various other MP-related improvements
Oh thanks, didn't expect that lol. It's running excellently on my end (improved mouse responsiveness? wtf...that's an odd one).
I've been playing it most frequently in recent times. Did a tough as heck scenerio yesterday, lost all my team-mates (because they kept running in front of a fucking APC with a machine gun!), and I was injured on my torso (effects your movement) and had to complete the mission on my own, all scarred up and moving like a dead man. It felt awesome.
Anyway always good to have support even when you don't think you need it so kudos to the team.
no mention of improved support for Crossfire 4870x2s?
We the people...
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)