Thread: Unreal 2 Screenshots

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Running on the Geforce 3.

Check out that fire!

Imagine what it would look like on Xbox, with almost double the poly pushing power.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    very cool

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to get it for my PC. As I could never bring my self to play UT without a mouse and keyboard and I don't have broadband so if theres any online play in the XB version I won't be able to enjoy the game to it's fullest.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Pretendo
    I'll have to get it for my PC. As I could never bring my self to play UT without a mouse and keyboard and I don't have broadband so if theres any online play in the XB version I won't be able to enjoy the game to it's fullest.

That should solve your m/k needs. A controller designed just for First Person Shooters. I'm picking it up with HALO at launch.

And there is a 56k add-on in the works for the Xbox... But hey, not forcing you or anything. ^_^;

Senior Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    ohh that FPS thing is cool. But you have to accept that the N64 Controller is the best for a FPS game! talking about consoles of course... oh and not counting XBox and GCN. but i think the N64 Controller will be the best for FPS though. Its model is like...a gun..no?

Well...my opinion!

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    perfect dark zeeeeeroooooooooo :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh yes the joystick, trackball 3rd party perhirprial. I've already had this debate in the 3Dfiles forums (which is a site that mostly holds PC gamers and PC gamers are pretty much Xbox gamers) and the trackball was horribly shot down. I myself have tried UT with a trackball. I will say that there is a learing curve at first, but after you get used to it, it's definately not the same. Also the joystick's to close. The best way to play a good FPS is with a good optical mouse and keyboard.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    i can't wait to play the game with a good ole xbox controller!!!!

the Flame Torch totally rules!!
    totally deadly looking!

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh temjin,

when XBox comes out with a mouse and keyboard the nay sayers will then say they can't sit on the couch with it

etc etc etc

Senior Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why does everybody like using the keyboard and the mouse for FPS? I hate the way it feels on games.

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    i love it man, quake 2 online.. you look around and fire primary and secondary with mouse, move with keyboard and change weapons.. its great..

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BigSky
    i can't wait to play the game with a good ole xbox controller!!!!

the Flame Torch totally rules!!
    totally deadly looking!
    you name is bigsky.. but it should be bighands if you think you can reach ALL of the xbox buttons comfortably.. when the ign editors feature on the xbox controller gets off insider exclusive, then you'll see what i mean.. only craig harris, who has a reputations for his big hands, could reach all buttons, fran, matt, everyone else, including the chinese (japanese?) IGNxbox editor couldnt reach the buttons comfortably

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    simps is right. The Xbox controller wont be all that great for a game like HALO. Most of the people I've talked to said that they have to move their hand in a different position on the controller to reach for the right analog stick.

The more impressions I get of the Xbox controller, the more I start thinking that Nintendo just thought things through more thoroughly(... Did I spell that right? o_o).

Originally posted by Pretendo
    Ahh yes the joystick, trackball 3rd party perhirprial. I've already had this debate in the 3Dfiles forums (which is a site that mostly holds PC gamers and PC gamers are pretty much Xbox gamers) and the trackball was horribly shot down. I myself have tried UT with a trackball. I will say that there is a learing curve at first, but after you get used to it, it's definately not the same. Also the joystick's to close. The best way to play a good FPS is with a good optical mouse and keyboard.
    Awww.... That sucks... Oh well. I saw a guy playing pretty well with it though. My cousin plays FPSs all the time with an optical mouse, and this guy wiped the floor with him using that controller. And my cousin is godly when it comes to FPSs.

Originally posted by BigSky
    when XBox comes out with a mouse and keyboard the nay sayers will then say they can't sit on the couch with it
    Yeah, I know. People said the same thing about the k/m with Q3 on the Dreamcast. First Person Shooters just aren't meant for consoles. Until somebody's able to make the absolute perfect FPS controller, we're screwed.

Senior Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only thing i dont like about the XBox controller is the size. Have you seen it? it is HUGE! Really check this:

Ack! thats fat!

Senior Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa that thing is huge! lol Now how can anybody say anything good about the controller?

Veteran Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    the n64 was the perfect fps controller man.. two different styles.. GE and turok.. both were pretty good

Senior Citizen
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by simps
    the n64 was the perfect fps controller man.. two different styles.. GE and turok.. both were pretty good
    Its true! Its true!

back to hell
    Post Thanks / Like

halo,unreal

halo=goin 2 pc
    unreal championship? just get unreal 2 for the pc=more net gamers (unfortunetly that means the 56k ppl BUT I'M ONE OF THEM!)
    [shadow=blue,left,300]sexul[/shadow]©...the typo that is worth saying over and over.
    <a href=http://www.clanloveandpeace.vze.com>

My SOF2 MP Test clan site</a>
    i relinquish my enslaved --er...my adopted smilies
    <center>[glow=green,2,300]"I been trying to transmit a feeling
    I been hoping you receive what I'm revealing"[/glow]</center>
    <a href=http://www.Pointless-Display.vze.com>My latest attempt</a>

Thread Information