- The Super Mario 3D Land™ game for Nintendo 3DS sold more than 625,000 units and is the fastest-selling portable Super Mario™ title in U.S. history.
- The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword for the Wii system had the biggest first day in franchise history and sold more than 600,000 units in its first week.
- Nintendo sold more than 2 million combined hardware units in November. This includes more than 860,000 Wii systems, more than 795,000 Nintendo 3DS units and more than 350,000 units of the Nintendo DS family of systems.
- Nintendo 3DS had its biggest single month of sales, representing an increase of more than 215 percent over the previous month, and has now sold nearly 2.5 million units since launch.
- Wii had its biggest Black Friday ever with more than 520,000 units sold. Full-month sales increased by more than 245 percent over the previous month.
“Great software and unparalleled value drove momentum on Black Friday and through November,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Both Nintendo 3DS and Wii have already set records, and we’ve still got the bulk of the shopping season to go. People are flocking to our bundles and the fun of Mario and Zelda that can only be found on Nintendo systems.”
For more information about Nintendo, visit http://www.nintendo.com.
Source: Press Release