PDA

View Full Version : X-Files find a home on the big X

XX_revolution
02-02-2003, 04:02 AM
Vivendi and Fox Interactive have announced the development of The X-Files: Resist or Serve for Xbox. Developed by Black Ops, Xfiles is a true 3-D survival horror game experience spanning three original episodes created by the executive producers of The X-Files TV Show.

In addition, The X-Files: Resist or Serve features the likenesses and authentic voiceovers from the majority of the cast, including David Duchovny (Mulder) and Gillian Anderson (Scully).

The fear begins when Mulder and Scully travel to the small Rocky Mountain town of Red Falls to investigate a string of unusual murders linked to ghost sightings, the undead, and other paranormal phenomena. Mulder and Scully must pursue an inhuman killer to a secret research facility in the Siberian wasteland and finally into the depths of a buried alien spacecraft to unravel the mystery of the black oil and prevent the alien colonization of the planet ... for now.

Maintaining the authenticity of The X-Files, the game features familiar environments and characters faithfully recreated from The X-Files television show, including Mulder, Scully, Skinner, the Cigarette-Smoking Man, The Lone Gunmen and more. The X-Files: Resist or Serve takes the X-Files authenticity one step further by also including the score and dynamic music created by those responsible for the music behind the television show.

The X-Files: Resist or Serve will be available in Summer, 2003

darkmagic
02-02-2003, 11:28 AM
I used to love X files. USED TO!

Reborn Entity
02-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Only three eps? Must not be long. I might rent it.

XX_revolution
02-02-2003, 09:41 PM
Theres no telling how long they can make it drag out from 3 episodes though.

dalejrfan13
02-02-2003, 11:33 PM
I smell suckage.

XX_revolution
02-02-2003, 11:45 PM
I dont know...I might rent it...I liked the TV show...

Reborn Entity
02-03-2003, 12:42 AM
I did too. I like the idea of it, I'll rent it.

imported_Scizor666
02-03-2003, 08:08 PM
I'll rent it ... although there is a lot of potencial to make this a great game ... If they can keep it faithful to the series and make an iteresting story with gameplay heavier on puzzle-solving as opposed to action ... I think that this could turn out good.