http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/EpiQ7/fifa09_derossi_01.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/EpiQ7/fifa09_rooney_02.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/EpiQ7/fifa09_rooney_01.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/EpiQ7/fifa09_barnetta_03_cmyk_.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/EpiQ7/fifa09_derossi_02.jpg
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm317/EpiQ7/fifa09_cech_01.jpg

frosty
09-12-2008, 07:44 PM
That's actually looking pretty impressive... though I imagine you'd have to slap a bit of aliasing onto those screens to translate to what you'll actually get while playing.

seahorse
09-12-2008, 07:46 PM
for the last few years, fifa has been miles better than pro evo. looking forward to playing this one.

Z
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
fucking amazing! and that's why I love EA!
as for FIFA 09, I only hear good things about it and it is doing great with online.
very impressive indeed. I can't believe we'll see two teams with that detail and a whole shit of other things all on screen at the same time. I am one happy gamer.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa188/shmookins/emos/ATT00009.gif

NickSCFC
09-12-2008, 07:57 PM
What is FIFA 09 Clubs? (Be A Pro 10 vs 10)
FIFA 09 Clubs is a mode designed for PS3 and 360 that enables gamers to form or join user-controlled 'clubs'. These clubs are ranked within divisions based on total points. Clubs will be relegated and promoted within divisions based on their points. If a club has more points than the second best club in their division and more points than the last club in the division above, they will move up a division and send the last placed squad down a division.

How will the best club be determined?
The best club will be the one with the most points. They will hold the Division 1 - Rank 1 position.

How many players can you recruit to your club?
FIFA 09 Clubs supports up to 50 players in each club. However, only ten players can play for the team during a match.

Who selects the team each game?
The Club Manager can change the club's team at any point. The team selected will not impact the playing field, since all teams and their players will be set to the same attribute levels. The outcome of the match will be based on the performance of the players on your team.

Will FIFA Clubs support substitutes?
The Captain can make substitutes as would be done in a normal match, but only the club members that started the match can play. So if the captain does a sub, the real world player will switch to that virtual player.

What happens to players who aren't selected for the first team or the substitute's bench? Do they watch the match in spectator mode?
Instead of limiting matches based on the availability of a few club members, a club can play a match as long as 3 members are present. A club can be playing several matches at once based on how many members are available. There is no club spectator mode in FIFA 09.

Can consumers join more than one club?
No you can only be in one club at a time.

Who's going to want to play left-back?
There are a lot of people who appreciate the importance of defence on a football team as well as midfield and attack. We hope that the kind of guys who are very good on defence and very disciplined on defence will become a commodity that teams will want to play with and suddenly they will become very valuable.

We envision a landscape where teams try to recruit the best players at each position to build their teams into the best in the world. If you want a good buzz in a 10 vs. 10 match you might not necessarily be involved in the action all of the time but for the shorter moments that a real footballer would be in a football match it takes on a whole different level of stress and excitement.

When you get your touches at left back, for example, you know you can't fail because you will be letting down nine human players on your team if you make a mistake. Every interaction takes on an exponentially greater significance. Instead of thinking as an individual you have to play and react as a team.

What happens if you have less than 10 players?
The CPU will control players if you have less than 10 players. If you have less than 10 players, say 7, than each user can choose the option of being fixed to a position or being able to switch between their position and the 3 CPU controlled positions.

The key is you have to make this decision before the game and choose to be able to swap between your player and CPU controlled players when you are setting up the game. So some users may choose to remain fixed to their player the entire game while others may choose to be able to swap between their player and the CPU controlled players.

What happens if you disconnect during a game?
If a user on your team quits mid-game or you disconnect than the CPU takes over that player. If you drop to less than 3 players in a match, the match will be forfeit.

If you get disconnected - can you rejoin your team after being reconnected?
No, there is no way to join a match that is already in progress. If you become disconnected then the CPU will take control of your player.

Will there be a fixed schedule? How will consumers schedule a game?
No, there is no fixed schedule. Matches can be held at any time. When there are enough players ready to play (minimum of 3) then they will be matched up against another club for competitive play.

Is there a tool for scheduling matches?
No see above.

How long is the FIFA Clubs season?
The season begins as soon as FIFA 09 hits shelves and ends after the FIFA 10 game releases Please check that this is correct and we will support FIFA09 club up until FIFA10 launches.

How can you recruit players to your club?
Managers can scout players based on position, rating, wins, losses and games played. Other detailed information can be reviewed such as shots on goal, passing, tackles, cards, fouls and offsides. When a manager sees a player that fits his or her requirements, they can invite them to join their club.

What stats will you keep?
Clubs will track stats for Wins, Losses, Ties and Total Points. Total points is the most important stat for your club.

How have you improved the online play?
The framework we established with FIFA 08 Be A Pro: Online Team Play (5 vs 5) is sound and supports 10 vs. 10. The challenge for us is to make sure those rare occasions where the game might go out of sync are eradicated. When you have one console versus one console it happens infrequently.

When you have 5 versus 5 the frequency is suddenly significantly more because now you have 10 consoles rather than two. When you look at 20 consoles connected online to each other suddenly the stability of the game and the rareness of the occasions when the game goes out of sync become more manifest so we have really needed to work hard on those issues. We have daily 10 vs 10 sessions in the studio and the game is very stable.

What's the future for Online Clubs?
We envision a time when you have managers, an economy system where players will be able to move clubs, where playing FIFA becomes an alternate reality to the real world of football. The day will come when there are virtual equivalents of Wayne Rooney or Ronaldinho, from different parts of the world, who are expert FIFA gamers and clubs are clamoring to recruit them to represent their side, just like the real world.

Ultimately our ambition is to have the best 11 English FIFA football players at each position playing against the best 11 American, German, or Italian FIFA football players at each position to actually stage a virtual world cup to earn the right to be the world's best FIFA football team.

Was it always in the plan to have 10 vs. 10 this year?
We established 5 v 5 last year and the plan has always been to create a virtual 11 vs 11 football game for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. While that has always been an ambitious project we felt this year we could push pretty hard to reach 10 vs 10. This is quite an achievement. It feels like FIFA 09 Clubs is the next great frontier in sports gaming.

Will the strength of the goalie be the same in all clubs?
Yes, all players are levelled to an 85 overall.

What kind of strength will the CPU controlled players have? Will a Rooney be stronger than a Pantelic or will all CPU players have the same strength?

All players are levelled to an 85 overall. The individual attributes have all been set to relative strengths of the player's preferred position. So all CBs will have the same set of stats and all RWs will have the same set of stats, but their attributes will be different based on the needs of their position. If a user moves a player out of their preferred position, their overall rating may drop.

masteratt
09-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Heavily 'doctored' screenshots but yeah I got the demo and the game plays freakin' awesome.

The ball is free and it all feels very manual, you feel you do a lot of what's going on in the pitch instead of it feeling 'robotic'.

PES09 had an impressive vid showing off the Champions League mode which really got me hyped (because the gameplay in that trailer looked steady and slow).

I'm definitely getting FIFA09 and will wait for the PES09 demo to decide on that one.

NickSCFC
09-12-2008, 11:13 PM
We've come a long way in 10 years

http://takdownload.ir/wp-content/images/2008/04/fifa-99-screenshot.jpg

Kiwi
09-12-2008, 11:19 PM
The last FIFA game I owned.

Raitei
09-12-2008, 11:28 PM
This game is looking pretty sweet, and i may not get pro this year (it's constantly getting more dissapointing)

so anybody up for putting our own Fifa Club together?

Gegenki
09-12-2008, 11:32 PM
im getting upset. I haven't brought a fifa game in 10 years, but pro is just lacking. It used to be the realistic one. Theres so much more you can do with fifa now -> off the ball play, decent tricks, using tricks effectively to get around opponents, first touch.
Yea they take practise but still. ITs starting to feel like the only good thing about pro is its free kicks (yea fifa free kicks are awesome to see but I don't like arrows)

Raitei
09-12-2008, 11:34 PM
the got rid of the arrows didnt they (they were gone in 08, and didnt see them in this one)

Z
09-12-2008, 11:35 PM
The last FIFA game I owned.

it was 2000 for me. hee.

I feel bad for those playing such games on a Wii. it's like picking a handheld over a home console- unless you can't afford one, that is.

strjms72
09-13-2008, 11:58 AM
fifa 09.

I hope fifa 09 to be faster than 08. currently still playing fifa 07.

Raitei
09-13-2008, 12:38 PM
it is faster than 08... dribbling is a lot easier aswell, the players feel less clunky

NickSCFC
09-13-2008, 01:27 PM
im getting upset. I haven't brought a fifa game in 10 years, but pro is just lacking. It used to be the realistic one. Theres so much more you can do with fifa now -> off the ball play, decent tricks, using tricks effectively to get around opponents, first touch.
Yea they take practise but still. ITs starting to feel like the only good thing about pro is its free kicks (yea fifa free kicks are awesome to see but I don't like arrows)

FIFA 09 has the same freekick system as PES, no arrows.

Diresu
09-13-2008, 07:50 PM
Played the demo and it feels better then the last years version but through passes at their default setting are still horrible. Some other minor annoyances are still there, but thats partially because I don't know the complete control scheme yet. Presentation is impressive though. One thing that doesn't seem changed, which I had major issues with last year, is that there is no sense of difficulty. If you play on anything above beginner...all teams whether they are 4 or 1 star play almost at the same difficulty. There is no clear gap in quality between teams on opposite ends.

NickSCFC
09-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Skills tutorial and Juggle tutorial

KOnrUUmzBYw

q83QXzvZXvw

Raitei
09-14-2008, 08:47 PM
so seriously, how many people here are interested in getting a fifa team together?

Diresu
09-14-2008, 09:35 PM
^I am down.

strjms72
09-16-2008, 08:57 AM
i paly demo now and is very nice. i try schedules of skills tutorial but I do not succeed with keyboard.

nemesis121
09-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Played the demo...........meh, the game is rather average IMO.

nMIK-3
09-17-2008, 08:54 PM
It is definitely the best Fifa out there but still way far behind from Pro Evolution in terms of gameplay. This is my opinion.
I was looking forward to buy Fifa 09 this year but after I played the demo I decided not to.

Z
09-17-2008, 09:36 PM
there shouldn't be a 'neither' choice in the poll because unless you have an 'other' option, you don't care for the genre or sport to begin with. in that case, you have no place voting.
the poll should be for those who will buy a footy game this year and will get either or both.

Raitei
09-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Anyway, im applying for a fifa clan in the clan thread. i'll tell you if it goes ahead

NickSCFC
09-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Advanced skills
KOnrUUmzBYw

Juggle skills
q83QXzvZXvw

Basic skills
zDVJm0U_PFM

Gegenki
11-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Why is there no psinext league?
Are there not enough people for a league?

I made one called PSINEXT
with password viper (cause that was the first thing that came to mind other than psinext)

Kiwi
11-12-2008, 11:31 PM
I think there's very few of us on here who play football games. Myself, I've got PES09 on the 360. I think the only other people on here who play FIFA are Raitei and masteratt.

Segitz
11-13-2008, 06:56 AM
Although I am a German, I don't play Fifa games etc... my brother does though^^

Z
11-13-2008, 07:49 AM
I don't play any sports games. never had since 2001. though I love FIFA and think it is the best footy in town..

Raitei
11-13-2008, 10:46 AM
fairy nuff

Luis
11-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Game (retailer) is sending demo discs of FIFA 09 with every order, or so it seems. I'm getting one with other games, although I'm never going to play it.

Gegenki
11-14-2008, 12:13 AM
sucks a little bit i guess. Forgot this is mainly an american forum, but suprised at the number of europeans who dont play.
I played an american guy today. He had his headset on so i connected mines. Was quite cool
-> Moves towards the box <-
Ohhh!! AHHH - shit - ah- - git em! - OHHHHH - AHHHH! - OMGZ

Diresu
11-14-2008, 06:12 PM
^I have Fifa also but I am yet to play online. Im trying to finish the Be a Pro season.

Gegenki
11-22-2008, 11:19 PM
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2326794

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2332924

The tricks displayed in these videos sum up why i chose to buy fifa this year.
Love the fact that you can do stuff like this in fifa and actually use it in match.

Raitei
11-22-2008, 11:37 PM
http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2332705

i liked that one, but still lost the game

Z
11-23-2008, 11:40 AM
I was surprised to find the full game on PSN. PSN should get more BD game releases. :)

masteratt
11-23-2008, 11:42 AM
LOL...It's not the PS3 version, it's the PSP version :)

Kiwi
11-23-2008, 11:49 AM
I made that same mistake.

Z
11-23-2008, 01:24 PM
oh, I didn't really pay attention. I only say the name and it said full game or something. ah, bring more PS3 games to PSN Sony!

masteratt
11-23-2008, 01:52 PM
lol yeah everyone falls for it :p

And more full PS3 games on PSN FTW.