PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Unveils Official Wheel of Gran Turismo™ for PLAYSTATION®3

GTAce
02-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Logitech Driving Force GT Wheel Delivers Powerful Force Feedback, Brake Bias and Traction Control Adjustment
Game Developers Conference 2008

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today at the Game Developer’s Conference (GDC), Logitech (SWX:LOGN) (NASDAQ:LOGI), the world’s leading developer of force feedback gaming wheels, announced the Logitech® Driving Force™ GT racing wheel, the official wheel of Gran Turismo™. Featuring powerful force feedback and an innovative 24-position realtime adjustment dial for on-the-fly control of brake bias, traction and damper settings, the Logitech Driving Force GT gives gamers the most accurate and authentic PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) racing experience.

“We’re excited to be working with Polyphony Digital again to deliver a wheel that will satisfy the needs of car enthusiasts, like me, around the world,” said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech’s director of product marketing for gaming. “People who love the striking realism of the Gran Turismo racing series will discover that Logitech’s latest wheel will allow them to experience the cars the way they were meant to be driven. With the Logitech Driving Force GT, you’re not playing games anymore – you’re racing!”

Logitech’s latest racing wheel was meticulously designed by Logitech and Polyphony Digital, Inc., the developer of the Gran Turismo series. The companies worked together to add the unique realtime adjustment dial, a first for force feedback wheels, allowing people to fine tune the car’s balance by adjusting the brake bias, traction control and damper settings. Now Gran Turismo drivers can have precise control over the car’s setup to achieve maximum performance.

“The Gran Turismo series has always been designed for racing enthusiasts,” said Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital. “The Driving Force GT racing wheel was designed to perfection by our team, specifically for the next generation of Gran Turismo.”

Logitech’s newest force feedback wheel simulates understeer, oversteer, and traction loss with frightening accuracy. While the full-size gas and brake pedals deliver precise throttle and brake response, racers can use either the sequential stick shift or the wheel-mounted paddles to race through gears. The wheel also features a large 11-inch wheel with rubber-overmold rim, providing exceptional comfort and control.

The Logitech Driving Force GT turns 900 degrees lock-to-lock allowing drivers to navigate hairpin turns with greater accuracy. And with anti-backlash gearing, there is no slack in the steering response, making any race a smooth, realistic experience. In the center of the 11-inch wheel, the Driving Force GT features an illuminated horn button with the official Gran Turismo logo. Using the authentic sounds of the car being driven, racers can quickly alert other cars when they are approaching fast. Or when playing online, people can simply use the horn to taunt other players as they speed by.

The Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is engineered for use with Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on PS3, which will be available on Blu-ray Disc™ (BD) and as a download on the PLAYSTATION®Network in North America on April 17 and in Europe on March 28. The Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is also compatible with Gran Turismo™3 and Gran Turismo™4 on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system.

Pricing and Availability

The Logitech Driving Force GT wheel is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe beginning in May. The suggested retail price is $149.99 (U.S.).

About Logitech

Logitech is a world leader in personal peripherals, driving innovation in PC navigation, Internet communications, digital music, home-entertainment control, gaming and wireless devices. Founded in 1981, Logitech International is a Swiss public company traded on the SWX Swiss Exchange (LOGN) and on the Nasdaq Global Select Market (LOGI).

Logitech, the Logitech logo, and other Logitech marks are registered in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. For more information about Logitech and its products, visit the company’s Web site at www.logitech.com.

"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

©2008 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. “Polyphony Digital” logo is a registered trademark and Gran Turismo is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Manufacturers, cars, names, brands and associated imagery featured in this game in some cases include trademarks and/or copyrighted materials of their respective owners.

Any depiction or recreation of real world locations, entities, businesses, or organizations is not intended to be or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of this game by such party or parties.

(LOGI – IR)
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080220005382&newsLang=en
Price in Europe will be 150€ and also available in May, according to this (http://www.hartware.de/press_7973.html) German source.

jaxmkii
02-20-2008, 02:12 PM
jkbfdvilberlu lefiouwdJNFSDOHNGSUIDH2SFD BVKJnbhdfsbvidfl shbvuibf

OOOOOOOMMMMGGGGGGFFFFFAAAABBBBBQQQQQ!!!!!!SHIsasnd febdfj sd

*foams at mouth*

GTAce
02-20-2008, 02:15 PM
The price is good, a G25 is more expensive (well but it has a clutch and better materials....).
What i dont like is the plastic, a bit metal wouldnt hurt, but since i cant use a wheel, i dont give a damn. lol
The horn feature is cool. (^o^)'

Jay Gee
02-20-2008, 02:30 PM

*foams at mouth*
I take it you're excited?

jaxmkii
02-20-2008, 02:39 PM
yes... yes i am i have bett waiting for this anoucement 50% of GT is the logictech wheel they make for it.

BTW [@/killingmoon] this is why GT is the best. great software coupled with great hardware. if your playing GT with a paddle your just not getting it.

Zer0-Sum
02-20-2008, 02:46 PM

*foams at mouth*

What he said.

This rules!!!!

ddaryl
02-20-2008, 03:14 PM

*foams at mouth*

truer words have never been spoken

I'm in too!!!!

PSXBatou
02-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Is it wireless? I'll buy it either way, just curious.

Zer0-Sum
02-20-2008, 04:18 PM
I wish it would be Bluetooth, but I will buy it regardless. This is soooooo sweeettttt!!!!!! GT5 with a steering wheel!!!!! AHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

Segitz
02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Ooohhhh yeah...

My birthday is 15th of April... guess what I am gonna get bitches :D

GTAce
02-20-2008, 04:23 PM
It comes in MAY so you need a giftcard. lol

chartwel
02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
least this one is cheaper than the g25, although i dont think it looks nearly as good. you get what you pay for i guess.

ddaryl
02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
least this one is cheaper than the g25, although i dont think it looks nearly as good. you get what you pay for i guess.

The G25 looks prety slick... and sounds like it is built sturdier...

If the G25 is the better wheel then I will get the G25 model.

GTAce
02-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Well the G25 has a 6+1 (reverse) shift layout and a clutch.
Problem i see there is with cars with a 7 speed transmission, i dont know how it is when you drive cars like that.
But this here has all these setting stuff and the horn features...
If you want a more mainstream and "easy" kind of wheel this here is the best, for all that want real car feeling a G25 is highly recommended.

PSXBatou
02-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Well the G25 has a 6+1 (reverse) shift layout and a clutch.
Problem i see there is with cars with a 7 speed transmission, i dont know how it is when you drive cars like that.
But this here has all these setting stuff and the horn features...
If you want a more mainstream and "easy" kind of wheel this here is the best, for all that want real car feeling a G25 is highly recommended.

How do you all set this up? I have a large living room, but quite cut down with most my large furniture. I am interested in getting something like this, but I also want to make sure that it makes sense to use space wise if that makes any sense?

Anyone have photos of how they setup their stuff in an average living room? I know I saw Jax I believe with the full on car like setup but i neither have the time, talent, nor space to make such a cool device.

ddaryl
02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
I believe the G25 also has the paddle shifters option, so 7 speeds transmissions would be better served using that.

I always use paddle shifters....

How do you all set this up? I have a large living room, but quite cut down with most my large furniture. I am interested in getting something like this, but I also want to make sure that it makes sense to use space wise if that makes any sense?

Anyone have photos of how they setup their stuff in an average living room? I know I saw Jax I believe with the full on car like setup but i neither have the time, talent, nor space to make such a cool device.

I actually built myself a table that sits at the perfect height with my couch. I throw a few pillows behind my back so i can sit up on the wheel. The table I built is now used as table in my living room where we throw the mail, cel phones and car keys etc... but when GT is ready to roll the table goes back to its intended purpose.

I might add that my table is stainted cherry red, and has brass accents on the corners making it look very nice for its dual purpose.

Raitei
02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Nice, in truth id rather have the G25 (h-pattern stick shift and build quality)

But, this is priced much better so i may just pick it up

Nameless
02-20-2008, 07:13 PM
I agree the price is right, but a clutch would have been nice...
I have the feeling another version will release with the final version of GT is released.

OG_Monkey
02-20-2008, 07:14 PM
$150?...rofl

GTAce
02-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Btw. here you have the complete buttonlayout from a SIXAXIS the G25 has only 2 buttons.
So you have to switch to the controller everytime you finished a race, i would find this annoying in longer sessions.

Nameless
02-20-2008, 07:18 PM
$150?...rofl

Compared to other high end steering wheels not a bad price.

Sephiroth_VII
02-20-2008, 07:33 PM
I think I'm waiting for the wheel they'll release with GT5.

Overload
02-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Btw. here you have the complete buttonlayout from a SIXAXIS the G25 has only 2 buttons.
So you have to switch to the controller everytime you finished a race, i would find this annoying in longer sessions.

The Shifter has a d-pad and 8 buttons on it. I guess you could say it could be annoying moving your arm a few inches but it has more then 2 and you dont need the controller except for exiting the game(no PS button).

GTAce
02-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh i didnt knew that.

Overload
02-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Yeah its pretty cool, the shifter can be changed from H pattern to sequential (up and down) also which would solve the 7th gear problem. I need a chair and a rig like JAX. Thats my ultimate goal.

jaxmkii
02-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Ooohhhh yeah...

My birthday is 15th of April... guess what I am gonna get bitches :D

mine's may 26th:pinky:

jaxmkii
02-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah its pretty cool, the shifter can be changed from H pattern to sequential (up and down) also which would solve the 7th gear problem. I need a chair and a rig like JAX. Thats my ultimate goal.

what one?

this one?
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/jaxmkii/untitledMedium.jpg

or this one?

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/jaxmkii/DSC03636LargeMedium.jpg

Overload
02-20-2008, 09:03 PM
THe first one.

children avert your eyes from the second picture. Man you should post a warning.

GTAce
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
:lol: That pic is legendary in this board here. :laugh:

Sephiroth_VII
02-20-2008, 09:09 PM
As it should be :laugh:

Raitei
02-21-2008, 08:16 AM
man, i need one of those seets, but ill probably have to wait til after exams for my dad to get me one (he works in an autoshop)

jaxmkii
02-21-2008, 11:27 AM
just pick a seat.http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&N=1010509&Ne=1&langId=-1&catalogId=10002 weld up a frame using cheap and easy to find 1" .120 wall square tube pop rivit on a mounting deck made of plate aluminum or steel. and slap on a logigteck wheel. oh and you might want to give it the crylon touch

LiquidEagle
02-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm way too inebriated to read all of that, but the wheel looks cool and Logitech is definitely reliable ;)