PDA

View Full Version : Red Faction Guerrilla - Demons of the Badland DLC out NOW!

curryking1
08-01-2007, 08:48 PM
New Red Faction is Official

Yup, a new Red Faction is coming. THQ CEO Brian Farrell made the announcement today during a conference call. Eat that, flashy press conferences!

We're assuming that the game is in development by THQ's subsidiary Volition (as with past titles in the franchise), but other than that...expect better graphics, smarter AI and larger environments than in Red Faction 2. The cover art may or may not resemble the work of three-year-old.

Link (http://kotaku.com/gaming/confirmation/new-red-faction-is-official-284811.php)

Cyrus
08-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Going to be cool to see how they improve the destructability of the environments now that they have so much more processing power. Might be a great online title, we'll see.

OG_Monkey
08-01-2007, 08:58 PM
still aint get a chance to play RF2

GTAce
08-01-2007, 09:02 PM
1 was awesome as hell.
2 was... no comment.

Looking forward to it, good news.

EDIT: Ah damn it cant rep you curry. 8(

LaLiLuLeLo
08-01-2007, 09:03 PM
My friend's gonna flip out over this.

Luis
08-01-2007, 09:16 PM
I liked RF1 a lot. RF2 was quite an improvement in terms of tech, but it was really boring. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to a new one.

OG_Monkey
08-01-2007, 10:28 PM
should i pass on 2 then? Wait, the game cant be more than $20 now, i might as well just buy it, even if it isnt that great.

Luis
08-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Get RF1, the fun is more worth it than anything RF2 offers.

SleazyBig slim
08-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Hopefully its built on PS3, if not i'm afraid it wont look any better then lets say... The Darkness.

OG_Monkey
08-01-2007, 11:04 PM
I played RF1 and beat it numerous times lol. But i wanna play the story mode in RF2. Does it connect to RF1 and im thinking i might have to play it for RF3

EDIT:

Sleazy, the darkness was a good looking game, well to me. What do you ean built on PS3? Like have it as it's lead platform?

TEEDA
08-02-2007, 12:07 AM
1 was awesome as hell.
2 was... no comment.

Hell yes ! it was my first FPS on consoles with Timesplitters, the gameplay had no flaws, and the GEo-Mod was amazing.

Luis
08-02-2007, 12:15 AM
I played RF1 and beat it numerous times lol. But i wanna play the story mode in RF2. Does it connect to RF1 and im thinking i might have to play it for RF3Not at all. It's one of the reasons why it sucks.

OnBake Platinum
08-02-2007, 12:21 AM
I liked RF2! Though it did spawn a very bad forum member...

Newboi
08-02-2007, 12:34 AM
I guess I'm the only one who didn't enjoy red faction 1 or 2.

Well, I guess "wasn't impressed" would be a better term for it. I got the first Red Faction when it came to PC and I rented the second title.

The Geo-mod system was interesting, but it defined the word "gimmick". Much of the system was incredibly useless and was only fun for 5 minutes for me when I blew manholes in rocks to nowhere. Blowing a hole open beside a door that was never meant to be opened in the first place didn't really make me jump for joy when actually trying to make legitimate use of the system.

From a console gamer's point of view at that particular time, Red Faction would have been very amazing I'm guessing, but it felt like a standard fair on the PC (if that much).

I just didn't like RF2 so I don't have much to say about that.

Now if RF3 brings a very destructible environment to the table with a geo-mod system that is actually intuitive, RF3 will definitely be a hit in my book. :)

OG_Monkey
08-02-2007, 03:16 AM
Not at all. It's one of the reasons why it sucks.

so RF2 is just a complete new game. If you dont mind can you give me your input scor of the game out of 10? Like what are "the reasons" wwhy it sucked?

Even at a budget price i should avoid?

julps31
08-02-2007, 03:54 AM
Lol I enjoyed RF2. I'm sure thats only because I've never played the first one tho lol.

TEEDA
08-02-2007, 03:58 AM
LoL I really liked the multiplayer game in Red Faction 1. There was particulary one map I loved , it was the rocky environment with those brides where I just had to create huge holes on them, but then after you died, you just kept spawning on the holes and dying like an idiot lol. that was fun.

jaxmkii
08-02-2007, 04:17 AM
QUOTE=LaLiLuLeLo;1635552]My friend's gonna flip out over this.[/QUOTE]

me first! :spit::pinky::whip::wave::devious::matrix::aim::sp it::whogives::pinky::devious::wave::whip::moon::mo on::moon::moon:

LaLiLuLeLo
08-02-2007, 04:27 AM
sorry dude you're like 8 hours late. he beat ya hahaha.

Marjoh
08-02-2007, 05:09 AM
It's news like this I wish there were like an anti-seasick pills for gamers. LOL

I played RF2, love it, but only played a few times for a few minutes. I'm one of the unlucky some who get headache playing FPS.

.aZnF

dork
08-02-2007, 06:12 AM
i loved the first red faction. blasting through walls was awesome. it's still one of my favorite fps and definitely one of my happiest ps2 memories :pleased:

Luis
08-02-2007, 10:46 AM
so RF2 is just a complete new game. If you dont mind can you give me your input scor of the game out of 10? Like what are "the reasons" wwhy it sucked?

It felt nothing like the first one, no RF1 characters made an appearance, it took place on Earth instead of Mars, the plot was totally nothing like RF1's. It was like an spin-off, to be honest. The multiplayer is better than RF1's though.

But again: what's really wrong about it is that it's BORING. Or at least it did seem very boring to me. I finished RF1 several times and even once or twice after playing RF2. Which I only finished once, because I honestly couldn't stand it. Seriously, it's just not worth it despite the graphical update.

Score? At budget price, 6/10 if you like the multiplayer mode. 3/10 otherwise.

antuk15
08-02-2007, 11:32 AM
Geo Mod - Cell powered :evillaugh

KiLLA2006
08-02-2007, 04:27 PM
NICE!!! I loved red faction 1 & 2! i thought both were great on their own... i had oodles of multiplayer fun on both of them! im excited for this title!

masteratt
08-02-2007, 04:32 PM
I fell a sleep while playing RF2 and when I opened my eyes the game was finished.

Easy, boring and mediocre and unispired.
That's RF2 lol.

RF1- Wow. That was probably one of the finest FPS games ever made.
I enjoyed it a lot and prefer it over any big names like Killzone or Halo as RF has so much variety which was even more incredible to see at the time.

RF3- I'm guessint my take on it will be a lot like my take on RF2.

GTAce
08-02-2007, 04:41 PM
And the GeoMod in 2 was crap.
In 1 you can destroy a complete multiplayer level, in 2 you are very limited.

curryking1
08-02-2007, 04:46 PM
It's been so long since I played RF. It was one of the first games I rented probably, I wish I bought it. I keep imagining the first level in the Mars mining shaft lol.

TEEDA
08-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Bot to speak with the different weapons and their secondary mode in RF 1.
I love playing with the railgun which you could see behind the walls. And the giant rocket launcher Lol , I remember there was a trick to get 3 shots , you had to get the giant plasma rochet launcher, to die with one shot and come back to get the weapon, it gave you 3 shots.
The solo campagne was kinda challenging though But hey the average design was really nice.

LiquidEagle
08-02-2007, 07:33 PM
1 was awesome as hell.
2 was... no comment.

Exactly. RF1 was frickin' amazing. 2 sucked hard.

OG_Monkey
08-03-2007, 01:46 AM
It felt nothing like the first one, no RF1 characters made an appearance, it took place on Earth instead of Mars, the plot was totally nothing like RF1's. It was like an spin-off, to be honest. The multiplayer is better than RF1's though.

But again: what's really wrong about it is that it's BORING. Or at least it did seem very boring to me. I finished RF1 several times and even once or twice after playing RF2. Which I only finished once, because I honestly couldn't stand it. Seriously, it's just not worth it despite the graphical update.

Score? At budget price, 6/10 if you like the multiplayer mode. 3/10 otherwise.

thanks man. I guess ill ignore this one since it has nothing to do with 1 and probably nothing to do with 3 either. And now that i think of it after seeing a gameplay video, i really dont wanna play old games like that anymore as much as i played my 360 in HD lol.

I loved one to death, i remember everyday after school, my friend and i would play some multiplayer at that map with the 2 building on each side and had the open land in the middle. And it was the first game for me that really handled bots well, we would put em on the hardest difficulty and it was so great lol.

I hope 3 turns out better than 1.

LiquidEagle
08-03-2007, 05:58 AM
Was anybody else REALLY excited when they first announced RF2 and started shipping demos to people, and then when you played the demo, it hurt terribly to see such a great first game get such a shitty sequel?? It took at least 1 clip to kill a single enemy in that demo...

Anyways, RF1 is classic. Fun multiplayer, and the single player rivals any other FPS out there (it's easily in my top 5). Also, the weapons in that game are super-badass.

TrueVCU
08-03-2007, 06:02 AM
I still have my copy of RF1, purchased in summer 2001. Blowing through walls still brings me great joy.

However the sequel left much to be desired. I ignored it after beating it in the course of a single rental, and all I remember about the experience is being underwhelmed. It was like an extension of the last few areas of RF1: intense action, but where the hell did geo-mod go?

Sephiroth_VII
08-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I bought 2 a while ago for 5 $. Waste of money and time, stopped playing after an hour and never came back. I might take a look at RF1 now that you guys recommend it this highly.

Luis
08-03-2007, 03:14 PM
1 and 2 are two different games. About the only thing they have in common is the name :shrug:

OG_Monkey
08-03-2007, 05:24 PM
lmao, how about the weapons in 2? Great, bad?

Luis
08-03-2007, 06:25 PM
They're the same ones as in RF1, but reworked. There are a few new ones, but with the exception of the first one you get to use in the game, there's nothing worth mentioning to be honest.

LiquidEagle
08-03-2007, 08:03 PM
RF2 did let you dual-wield, which was kinda cool...

Luis
08-03-2007, 08:41 PM
As cool as useless :-p

OG_Monkey
08-03-2007, 09:34 PM
loved the rail gun

OG_Monkey
02-06-2008, 03:32 AM
THQ confirms Saints Row studio prepping third installment in Mars-set sci-fi series for release before April 2009.

Although publishers typically promote their upcoming games by showing them off at gaming events, arranging for preview coverage, or just blasting out press releases, news of THQ's soon-to-be-resuscitated Red Faction franchise has been emerging primarily from the publisher's investor-focused conference calls.

A return of the franchise--which hasn't been seen since Red Faction II launched on the PC in April of 2003--was first hinted at to investors in a conference call. Weeks later, a new Red Faction was then explicitly mentioned by management in a conference call. Months later, the publisher brought the project up again in a conference call.

Today, THQ CEO Brian Farrell brought up the new Red Faction in yet another conference call. The executive promised that more on the game would be shown in the coming weeks, but he did drop a few additional details today. Referring to it as "Red Faction III" for the first time, Farrell said it is being made by THQ's Volition Studios for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. As one would expect, it will bring back the series' hook of interactive environments, using the power of the new consoles and PCs to incorporate "more exciting destruction technology."

As for when gamers can expect to blast through Red Faction III, THQ is planning the game for its fiscal 2009, which runs from April 2008 through March 2009.

awwwwwwwwweeeesooooooooooome!

LaLiLuLeLo
02-06-2008, 03:34 AM
DES-TRUCK-SHUNNNN!!!
Should be interesting to see how they stand out considering destructable terrain isn't a huge deal with the 7th gen.

OG_Monkey
02-06-2008, 03:36 AM
True true

I just hope it turns out good and lays off the Unreal Engine 3, im so tired of games using that damn thing.

I can only imagine. And it better not tie to RF2 cuz i REALLY dont feel like playing that game

Im gonna play some RF1 again...if i can find it, game is still tight to death

Newboi
02-06-2008, 04:15 AM
With Bad Company and Red Faction doing all the destruction, I wonder what's gonna be left for Black?

I look forward to this title though since the RF team was very forward thinking with the Geo-mod system during its time.

TrueVCU
02-06-2008, 04:18 AM
Black can die in a fire as it deserves to.

And i join OG in hoping the tie to RF2 is minimized, didn't like that one nearly as much as 1.

Newboi
02-06-2008, 04:22 AM
Black can die in a fire as it deserves to.

Well damn...http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa188/shmookins/emos/frozen2.gif

And i join OG in hoping the tie to RF2 is minimized, didn't like that one nearly as much as 1.

I pretty much agree on that one.

OG_Monkey
02-06-2008, 04:42 AM
Hmm, i keep forgetting about Black 2. Now THAT had some amazing destruction and im sure itll be great too. Just hope to god they fix the story mode

TrueVCU
02-06-2008, 05:15 AM
it wasn't the story mode that pissed me off, it was the enemies' superhuman ability to absorb two shotgun blasts at point blank range before dying

masteratt
02-06-2008, 05:16 AM
RFII created a huge scar right in my brain.

After playing and LOVING RF1, RF2 was like going into a brothel and being greeted by naked man.

So let's hope RF3 gets it right again.

Pro A.
02-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Two, was pretty good, I thought. Not as strong as One because One had an intriguing story whereas two went the all-out route, but still solid. Three, I hope, is more like Half-Life 2. The problem with the original Red Faction was you could beat it in 2.5 hours if you moved. I hope the third quadruples that length.

OG_Monkey
02-06-2008, 05:29 AM
Multiplayer was the shine in RF1, i loved the time when we 1st discovered hiden areas by destroying walls etc

Loved bots, we used to play them on the hardest difficulty

And the Rail Gun was just pure awesome

all the weapons were

Gummy
02-06-2008, 05:31 AM
First one blew my mind, and the 2nd was okay.

I've actually been hoping for a 3rd installment for quite bit ever since x360/ps3 came out.
Should be good yo.

OG_Monkey
02-06-2008, 05:37 AM
it BETTER be good -_-

Thunderhorse
02-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Ys RF1 was a great game... blowing my way in to other areas of the map was a blast.

Never played RF2 because my ps2 was broken and unused by the time it came out.

OG_Monkey
02-06-2008, 05:42 AM
It came out on the PC correct? I guess i could...acquire it, just go give it a go

TrueVCU
02-06-2008, 05:49 AM
I wouldn't. They almost completely even forget geomod exists, and without that the rest is basically an okay FPS.

LiquidEagle
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
RFII created a huge scar right in my brain.

After playing and LOVING RF1, RF2 was like going into a brothel and being greeted by naked man.

So let's hope RF3 gets it right again.

Yep, in total agreement here :-D

belgarn
02-06-2008, 12:22 PM
I enjoyed Red Faction, but never played the second one. This might be interesting, hope they can take destructable levels to a new level as they did with the first one.

Kiwi
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
I enjoyed Red Faction, but never played the second one. This might be interesting, hope they can take destructable levels to a new level as they did with the first one.

Second game was alright, personally I prefered the first game. As mentioned above, it'll be interesting to see what they can add to the genre now that destructible environments are nothing special nowadays.

jaxmkii
02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
about time

<3frosty
02-06-2008, 05:32 PM
I havent played any game that features destructible environments the way that Red Faction provided this generation. I havent played Bad Company, so maybe thats comparable. I had just mentioned the lack of use of this kinda technology in the Star Wars: Unleashed thread, specifically that this game had it on the PS2.

Awesome though. I heard Saints Row was pretty good so the company behind it probably has enough talent to make this game interesting.

EDIT: I really wish the PS3 guys would venture outside of their own forum so they could actually place this where it belongs. IN THE GENERAL VG SECTION.

FISCHSTYX
02-06-2008, 05:52 PM
EDIT: I really wish the PS3 guys would venture outside of their own forum so they could actually place this where it belongs. IN THE GENERAL VG SECTION.

I guess they just figured they would post it here, cuz the 360/PC forum is dead. :P

I liked the multiplayer in RF2 alot, but RF1 was definately better overall. Cant wait to see the new one!!!!!!!!!

<3frosty
02-06-2008, 10:53 PM
I guess they just figured they would post it here, cuz the 360/PC forum is dead. :P

I liked the multiplayer in RF2 alot, but RF1 was definately better overall. Cant wait to see the new one!!!!!!!!!

You dont seem to get what im saying. In the GENERAL VG forum section. Not to post it in the PC or Xbox forum. The general one. That way, i dont have to wander into the PS3 forum to find out news that is general and not specifically about the PS3.

curryking1
02-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Is this the first official announcement of it. I remember hearing very sparsed rumblings about it, but this is great.

Finally, jeez.

I might even pick up RF1 if a store near me has it for cheap, I'd like to play it again.

I think it'll probably have pretty archaic graphics (I think I remember it being quite poor compared to many games simply because how early it was released and what it tried to do and what not) but it'll still be funzorz :)

curryking1
02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
You dont seem to get what im saying. In the GENERAL VG forum section. Not to post it in the PC or Xbox forum. The general one. That way, i dont have to wander into the PS3 forum to find out news that is general and not specifically about the PS3.

Ask thread makers or someone to put threads in multiple areas if they decide to add them to areas like the PS3 and 360 section.

Like OG did with Dark Sector which was cool. Ask people nicely to do what OG did.

We've gone over this many times. Threads can go anywhere they have any relation to. If the game is on PC, Wii, 360, PS1, it can go in all those sections and the GG section.

Ok?

You know what I'll 'complain' about? People complaining in threads in the PS3 section. Take it to suggestions and feedback or ask nicely in a less complaining fashion.

Edit - Double post ftw. Winnrrrarrrr!!!!!

<3frosty
02-07-2008, 01:14 AM
Your right, curry, i did take a complaining tone with my post. Because it was an actual complaint.

The next time this occurs, ill make sure to ask nicely and report it to the suggestions box.

LaLiLuLeLo
02-07-2008, 02:16 AM
Every time we try it, it never works. Unfortunately for the non PS3 gamers, the majority of the board came from PSInsider and continues to join for that reason(?) so.... tough rocks, kid. Feel free to start threads in your respective forums that you frequent for the sake of discussion, but where the thread is doesn't really hurt it if the discussion is constructive anyway. Everyone's welcome to talk about 'em.

<3frosty
02-07-2008, 03:03 AM
Every time we try it, it never works. Unfortunately for the non PS3 gamers, the majority of the board came from PSInsider and continues to join for that reason(?) so.... tough rocks, kid. Feel free to start threads in your respective forums that you frequent for the sake of discussion, but where the thread is doesn't really hurt it if the discussion is constructive anyway. Everyone's welcome to talk about 'em.

I like the opinion you take with this... tough rocks. Classy. :moon:

My suggestion is less about where it is and more about garnering an interest from people who are keeping track of general issues in video games or just a broader audience in general. Perhaps it would help get people to the forums and populate the OTHER sections that some of us think are dormant or going extinct (cough, PC and 360).

I obviously frequent this forum, but feel its unnecessary to make this thread in the PS3 forum when its quite obvious, even from the title, it is not PS3 specific. But, me expressing my opinion shouldn't ruin your day. Obviously, there is going to be quality discussion when its posted in the most populated section VG wise.

gibmonster
02-07-2008, 03:10 AM
I liked part 2 in some ways....like blowing up an electricity pole and watching it fall on someone was cool. But the lack of blowing up walls and linear levels really hurt it.

I hope the destructible environments in RF3 can be used in the following ways:
-defensive strategies or cover
-less linear levels
-hurting people with falling debris and stuff.

But I want it to feel natural so that when you replay a level it is never the same.

And ofcourse having good AI that reacts realistically to the changing environment would be awesome and make the game a very tight package.

gibmonster
02-07-2008, 03:12 AM
damn. sorry for double post

OG_Monkey
02-07-2008, 05:20 AM
I dunno I just seem kinda worried on him this will turn out. RF1 was so great because it was the first to do the destruction thing (to me it was) so great, especially on the ps2. Also there was nothing like it and the game was just great.

Now with every other game made being a FPS, wonder if anything will be good cuz it'll probably feel "old". What will separate this game. Destructible environments? Yea but so will BF bad company and etc...

FISCHSTYX
02-07-2008, 12:30 PM

No, I fully understood. I make joke. It make me laugh. Hoorayz!

FISCHSTYX
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

<3frosty
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
No, I fully understood. I make joke. It make me laugh. Hoorayz!

Sarcasm over the internet blows.

ddaryl
02-07-2008, 04:41 PM
I did enjoy RF1, but it failed to deliver on the expectation of destructable enviroments.

I fear for RF3 because it will have to be designed to the lowest common denominator which is the Xbox 360. No HD-DVD and no standard hard drive will keep any multi-platform game from hitting on all cylinders.

If they want to do an impressive amount of variable enviroments and variable amounts of destruction then they need an area to store all that changed data, and that is only going ot happen on a hard drive. If they want to expand enviroment types then they need something larger then a single DVD.

I was impressed with burnouts world being multi-platform, but I am always thinking of what that game would have/could have been if it was all PS3 top to bottom.

LiquidEagle
02-14-2008, 10:56 AM
http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/rdonlyres/44AB4DDC-A15D-4E77-8294-C41EC81883F1/15074/gami_179_cov_a.jpg

Red Faction: Guerilla :-D

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200802/N08.0213.1711.09335.htm

We also take Red Faction: Guerrilla apart, getting an in-depth look at the game’s amazing destructible environments.

Luis
02-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Wow, these guys always get exclusives. Too bad that based on the title, the next RF seems more about shooting than anything else.

LiquidEagle
02-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow, these guys always get exclusives. Too bad that based on the title, the next RF seems more about shooting than anything else.

GI apparently got in-depth info on the new version of GeoMod though, so that also sounds like it'll be a big deal :-D

Hopefully Volition's making it, and hopefully they don't screw it up :-p

masteratt
02-14-2008, 11:03 AM
If anyone has sweet melons, you know where to rub them.

LiquidEagle
02-14-2008, 11:04 AM
I think it'll be at least a week before those are available...but yeah, I want some melons too (even though I have a subscription)

seahorse
02-14-2008, 12:12 PM
colonial marines still exists?

jaxmkii
02-14-2008, 12:26 PM
I like the opinion you take with this... tough rocks. Classy. :moon:

My suggestion is less about where it is and more about garnering an interest from people who are keeping track of general issues in video games or just a broader audience in general. Perhaps it would help get people to the forums and populate the OTHER sections that some of us think are dormant or going extinct (cough, PC and 360).

I obviously frequent this forum, but feel its unnecessary to make this thread in the PS3 forum when its quite obvious, even from the title, it is not PS3 specific. But, me expressing my opinion shouldn't ruin your day. Obviously, there is going to be quality discussion when its posted in the most populated section VG wise. just ditch the 360 and get a PS3 than you'll understand.

cliffbo
02-14-2008, 06:23 PM
lemons will do please... :)

OG_Monkey
02-14-2008, 08:29 PM
dammit, my GI subscription just HAD to expire lol. And its funny, i bet maybe more than half the subscribers subscribed by accident. I got mine through the like EDGE cared from Eb Games and im sure others did too

NickSCFC
02-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Aliens: Colonial Marines (PS2 Beta)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/ps2/alienscm/alienscm_screen005.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/screenshots/ps2/alienscm/alienscm_screen004.jpg

jaxmkii
02-14-2008, 09:34 PM
^ enter the evelasting PS2

OG_Monkey
02-14-2008, 09:35 PM
ew wtf

jaxmkii
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
ew wtf

damn good 4 PS2

cliffbo
02-14-2008, 09:56 PM
damn good 4 PS2

perspective readjusted... remembers first gen 360 games

jaxmkii
02-14-2008, 10:01 PM
perspective readjusted... remembers first gen 360 games

your right *REP ASAP

gibmonster
02-14-2008, 11:03 PM
That's damn good for PS2. Being a huge alien fan I was a little pissed off when it got cancelled, though it was probably for the best.

hevymac
02-14-2008, 11:05 PM
colonial marines still exists?

Hehehe, I remember they (Gamespot) had a gameplay vid they took off a screen at a gameshow. My bro and I were really looking forward to it but there you go....

Luis
02-16-2008, 10:37 PM
... (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9791498&postcount=1)

These have to be fake, it can't look that terrible.

GTAce
02-16-2008, 10:43 PM
:ohno:

Red_Eyes
02-16-2008, 11:47 PM
LOL. That hammer is clearly photoshoped in. Opps. I mean, that is the most photo-realistic hammer I have ever seen.

TrueVCU
02-16-2008, 11:48 PM
... (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9791498&postcount=1)

These have to be fake, it can't look that terrible.

:barf:

The dude looks EXACTLY like Stallone

TEEDA
02-17-2008, 01:33 AM
Lol. Hopefully we ' ll have Fracture from Lucasarts.
And As I know RF3 is supposed to come in 2009. So they have plenty of time to polish the game.

OG_Monkey
02-17-2008, 05:14 AM
shiiiiiit, not even the fuckin shiniest shoe polish can save that game if those are REAL!

Luis
02-17-2008, 10:39 AM
More screenshots and artwork (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9796581&postcount=292). Yuck, it's real :barf:
After RF2 I had serious doubts I'd ever be interested in this, but this is beyond ridiculous. I still don't believe those were meant to be public promo screenshots.

LiquidEagle
02-17-2008, 10:41 AM
More screenshots and artwork (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9796581&postcount=292). Yuck, it's real :barf:
After RF2 I had serious doubts I'd ever be interested in this, but this is beyond ridiculous. I still don't believe those were meant to be public promo screenshots.

Yeah... I'll wait until I see Game Informer before I make the call on this......

If this is real it's just plain sad though...

Gummy
02-17-2008, 10:42 AM
wow... delay please and work on it!

Z
04-05-2008, 01:55 PM
"Red Faction: Guerrilla producer tells VideoGamer.com dev team is "finding some of the challenges of the PS3 beneficial".

The PS3 has the potential to achieve better graphics than the Xbox 360, a Volition developer has told VideoGamer.com.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at THQ's Gamers Day in San Francisco, California, this week, Jeff Carroll, associate producer in charge of multiplayer and PS3 on upcoming third-person action game Red Faction: Guerrilla, said that while developers will struggle with the PS3 at first, once they "figure it out" they will find "a very powerful system underneath".

Red Faction: Guerrilla, the third in the popular series, sees a switch from the FPS view seen in the first two games to a third-person view. Scheduled for a simultaneous Xbox 360, PS3 and PC release in THQ's fiscal year 2009, the game has come on leaps and bounds since its first-look public unveiling earlier in the year.

When asked if there would be any differences between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions, Carroll replied: "We've got the PS3 running at a similar frame rate to the 360. We're finding some of the challenges of the PS3 beneficial. We feel like we're doing rather well with the PS3."

Carroll went into more detail on the benefits of the PS3: "We have been getting the physics system, the Havok system and our own proprietary destruction system running on the SPUs, as well as our animations. We're seeing quite a decent speed improvement now that we've effectively got that running on the SPUs instead of the CPUs."

Carroll agreed, however, that many developers have found the PS3 to be a challenging platform, and admitted that Volition shared that struggle, at first.

"We were like that at the beginning. But I think mainly because we had to get our destruction system running on the SPUs, we had to get it running well in order to succeed, we felt a tremendous pressure right at the beginning to learn as much as we could about the PS3. And our programmers have done a wonderful job."

When asked whether it is possible to achieve better graphics on the PS3 compared with the Xbox 360, Carroll said: "I think potentially you will. I think early on people are going to be struggling to figure out exactly how to make the PS3 work. But I think once they do they will see it's a very powerful system underneath. They both have their advantages. The Xbox 360 pushes polygons rather well, which for us, because everything is destructible, that means that we have a tremendous number of polygons in our game compared to regular games, we see a great benefit with the Xbox 360, but we just learn to optimise in different ways for the PS3."

In Red Faction: Guerrilla, players will be able to destroy every building they see through a combination of weapons, vehicles and explosives. Real world physics are applied to the structures, often leading to a collapse through real-time structural stress.

Carroll added that the game is "very much" pushing the PS3, "both in terms of memory and processing power".

You can see for yourself how Red Faction: Guerrilla is shaping up over at our hands-on preview, and cast your eyeballs over some brand new screens hot off the press.

Red Faction: Guerrilla is due out some time during THQ's 2009 fiscal year for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC."

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/red_faction_3/screenshots.html

blah, blah about it all. only the bold part caught my attention. O_o'

Luis
04-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Are those screenshots real time? Because they look far, far better than the first ones that appeared a couple months ago.

jaxmkii
04-05-2008, 02:11 PM
wow i could see how this could be used to be twisted into FUD

masteratt
04-05-2008, 02:46 PM
By FUD if you mean marketing then of course.

Red Faction 1 made great use of destructible environments and although Red Faction 2 sucked horrible hairy cursed balls, there were one or two set pieces where destructible environments were awesome.

From the screenshots, it looks interesting, love that vehicle crushing into the building.

I'll remain optimistic for this one, I think they can pull of another Red Faction 1.
And Red Faction never looked great so graphic whores- Avoid this game, it's not for you.
This is for us people who enjoy good gameplay (pfft, crazy, I know).

Z
04-05-2008, 03:31 PM
Are those screenshots real time? Because they look far, far better than the first ones that appeared a couple months ago.

don't know, if so I would've imagines it would've been shouted off of roof tops, so I guess they aren't- which is why I didn't mention them.

*a good example of punctuation usage*

jaxmkii
04-05-2008, 03:33 PM
i thought RF1 was great both gameplay and grafx

Luis
04-05-2008, 04:13 PM
RF1 was nice, but RF2 was to RF1 almost like what DMC2 was to DMC1. Similar game, ruined concepts, fan disappointment.

TrueVCU
04-05-2008, 04:35 PM
hope is restored

OG_Monkey
04-05-2008, 05:02 PM

hell yea man

jaxmkii
04-05-2008, 05:23 PM
hope is restored

indeed

yoshaw
04-05-2008, 07:12 PM
http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/red_faction_3/screenshots.html

blah, blah about it all. only the bold part caught my attention. O_o'

Those screenshots look CG to me. I'll believe when I see the gameplay in motion.

LiquidEagle
04-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Certainly looks a helluva lot better than the first batch.... now we need a trailer & some gameplay footage. When's this due out?

LaLiLuLeLo
04-06-2008, 01:34 AM
I don't see what's so 'has to be cg' about the graphics?

OG_Monkey
04-06-2008, 06:27 AM
the fact that the previous showing of the game looked like a dreamcast game is why

Z
04-06-2008, 06:43 AM
just to remind everybody; very early builds not aimed at showing the interface or graphics that shouldn't be seen by the public aren't an indication of the final look of the game. case in hand: Dark Kingdom.

PS. I still giggle every time I remember those*

Luis
04-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Those didn't just seem to be from an early modern hardware build, but from a Dreamcast build, like OG said.

Z
04-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I remember. I think RF1 looked better than those, and iirc those were 'leaked' and weren't supposed to be seen. have you seen the MotorStorm making of videos included with the game? the early builds looks like PSOne colored cubes.

point is, don't judge something graphically so early as that is one of the latter things to show up in a game. just like with CG movies, that eye candy and detail is not the first thing to get worked on.

in any case, with Fracture and other games, RF has to show something really good to live up to its image. they have to incorporate that feature in the game much more properly and do it with style.
we'll see, though honestly, with all the big guns firing this year, RF3 isn't making me pay attention to it yet. probably nothing will till I get MGS4 out of the way. ;)

Luis
04-06-2008, 01:49 PM
I remember. I think RF1 looked better than those, and iirc those were 'leaked' and weren't supposed to be seen. have you seen the MotorStorm making of videos included with the game? the early builds looks like PSOne colored cubes.

But they never released that as promo footage. It wasn't meant to be any kind of advertising. Those first RF3 pics, however... neither the developers or the publishers ever commented on whether those were meant to have been seen by the public or not.

Kiwi
04-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Who cares? What matters most is the finished article.

If it's anything like the first game, I'll be happy.

Luis
04-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Well, I'll just be skeptical until I see gameplay footage, because both RF2 and that batch of screenshots don't make me exactly confident.

Kiwi
04-06-2008, 02:45 PM
Hopefully they listened to our complaints about the second one. I wouldn't say the series was ever amazing graphically, but as you said, some in-game footage would be nice.

cliffbo
04-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Red Menace
With Guerilla, the Red Faction series is finally returning -- but with a change in perspective, will fans call it a comeback?

by Paul Semel
Along with Halo and the original Medal of Honor games, 2001's Red Faction was one of the first first-person shooters to show that the genre could work on consoles. Unfortunately, that game's disappointing sequel, 2002's Red Faction II, showed that not all do, and that some don't work on a PC, either. Now the series is making a comeback of sorts with Red Faction: Guerilla, which THQ will release on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC at some point in the next year. The operative phrase here is "of sorts" because, unlike its predecessors, Guerilla isn't a first-person shooter. Though, according to Producer Rick White, fans of the series shouldn't knock it until they try it.

Crispy Gamer: Let's backtrack a bit. What is the Red Faction series and where does Guerilla fit into it?

Rick White: The series has always been about the little guy fighting back. In Red Faction, you started off as a miner on Mars, and there were some experiments going on, so you revolted and fought your way out, and eventually the Earth Defense Force came in and saved the day. Then Red Faction II took place on Earth. For Red Faction: Guerilla, we're going back to Mars. It's 50 years later, Mars has been terraformed, but the Earth Defense Force is now the oppressive force. You're a guy who just got his plot of land when, all of a sudden, the Earth Defense Force starts taking people's property. It starts with just you fighting, but you eventually get swept into a guerilla movement.

Crispy Gamer: Now the other two games were first-person shooters, but this isn't, right?

White: No, it's definitely not. It actually started out as a first-person shooter, but we soon realized that with all the destruction we've incorporated into the game, we really had to pull the camera back so you can see the destruction you've caused and what's hitting you.

Crispy Gamer: What kind of game is it, then?

White: It's a third-person action shooter in an open-world environment. It's not a run-and-gun game; you really have to use destruction to your advantage. If you just run and gun, you won't last long.

Crispy Gamer: So then is the game typical of open-world games in that there's a main story but also tons of side-quests?

White: It's an open world to the extent that we've put these challenges all over the world and you interact with them how you want. We've tried to bring the Earth Defense Force to life. What I mean by that is they may have an outpost, and they send supplies to that outpost twice a day. You know that if you hit them, it will raise the civilian morale and bring down their control of the area, but you can do that whenever you want. If you just stand there, the E.D.F. will continue to do the things they do: They'll beat people up, they'll send out their propaganda trucks, they'll send supplies to their outposts. Then, on top of that, we have the story missions.

Crispy Gamer: Why did you decide to do this as the next Red Faction, especially after so many years, as opposed to doing, say, Red Faction III as an FPS and this kind of game as a spin-off?

White: We actually toyed with having both first- and third-person views in this game. We even had people who came to work at Volition because they wanted to work on a Red Faction first-person shooter, and they were like, "What the f*#$?" It just didn't feel right, and in fact, once we switched it, they all converted. So we feel that once people start playing it, you'll get drawn into it.

Crispy Gamer: One game that Volition made in the six years since Red Faction II was Saints Row, which was also an open-world game. Did working on Saints inspire you to take Red Faction into a similarly open world?

White: I don't know how much it really influenced it, but I do know that when we were thinking of what we could do with our GeoMod system [a destruction system that allows you to dig holes in things using explosives], and we saw the open world of Saints Row, it just made sense.

Crispy Gamer: How does this game work with the GeoMod system?

White: Well, GeoMod allowed you to dig holes in certain spots, but there were always spots you couldn't GeoMod through, and you had to go back and go through the door. So we decided to set this game above ground, which means it can now be used in meaningful ways.

Crispy Gamer: Does that mean you can now cut a path through a mountain to get to your objective?

White: No, you can't delve into the terrain. Instead, it works with the buildings and anything else that's on top of the terrain.

Crispy Gamer: Can you use it to punch a hole into the side of a building, then?

White: Exactly. All the buildings are destructible. I was playing this one part where you have to rescue some hostages on the second floor of a building, but I had blown up the stairs, so I went up on a nearby ridge and set off some charges on a tower, which brought it down onto the roof of the building. I then used the downed tower as a catwalk, blew a hole in the building's roof so I could get inside, found the hostages, then blew a hole in the wall so we could get out. It really just changes everything.

Crispy Gamer: One of the hallmarks of open-world games is vehicular manslaughter. Will there be different vehicles in Guerilla?

White: Yes. We have the conventional ones: jeeps, tanks, trucks and ATVs, but you'll also be able to upgrade vehicles. You can, for example, bring your truck back to your safe house and put a turret on it. We've also got a walker --

Crispy Gamer: Are those the big mech-like things that look like the cargo loader from "Aliens"?

White: Right. They were originally used to dig and pick up things, but they can be used to crush things or pick up tanks. There's a light version and a heavy version.

Crispy Gamer: Will the game feature any multiplayer, either co-op or competitive?

White: No co-op, we couldn't get the framerate anywhere close to what we'd need to do that, but we do have competitive multiplayer. It'll be 12 to 16 players, and we'll have the classic modes -- Deathmatch, Capture the Flag -- except that they'll also have all the destruction of the single-player mode. This not only makes them really fun, but because the environment is constantly changing thanks to all the destruction, you have to constantly change your tactics. We were playing once, and there was a guy who was sniping from a position where we couldn't take him out, so we blew through the wall of the building he was in, and blew a hole in the ceiling right below him. It really changes the feel of these games.

We also have some unique multiplayer modes that you couldn't do in any other game because of our physics-based destruction, but we're keeping those under wraps for now.

Crispy Gamer: The last game features the voices of such actors as Lance Henricksen and Jason Statham. Will Guerilla feature any celebrity voices?

White: We're still looking into it. Right now we're not.

Crispy Gamer: Do you have any idea when it might be out?

White: Yeah, fiscal year 2009, which means it'll be out somewhere between this March and next March.

Crispy Gamer: Finally, after the disappointing Red Faction II, why do you think Guerilla will redeem the series?

White: I think there's a lot of reasons, but the biggest is that it goes back to the roots of the series: It's on Mars, you're fighting back against an oppressive force, and it's about blowing up stuff and taking advantage of it.

http://crispygamer.com/_GeneratedPages/Interviews/Interview750.aspx

ddaryl
04-16-2008, 06:34 PM
I didn't know Volition wasn't developing Red Faction this time around..

It'll have to blow everyone away if it is going to stand up against the plethera of FPS's being developed these days.

Kiwi
04-16-2008, 09:15 PM
THQ? Fuck that shit.

LiquidEagle
04-16-2008, 09:22 PM
THQ's always been the publisher... according to Gamespot's page for it Volition is developing it...

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/redfactioniii/index.html

Kiwi
04-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Good.

I still hate THQ though :P

cliffbo
04-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Good.

I still hate THQ though :P

'all you need is loove... da da da da daaaaaa... all you neeed is love, love... love is all you need'

VonGak
04-16-2008, 09:25 PM
EDIT: Re-phrased the post so it makes more sense.

Finally!

Dunno why but it feelt like THQ never could grasp what people wanted from Red Faction.

OG_Monkey
04-16-2008, 09:28 PM
So its NOT a FPS anymore...interesting....

And yea, THQ sucks >_>

Newboi
04-16-2008, 09:50 PM
They made their destruction engine sound very primitive, like they just took the system from the PS2 and put it on buildings instead of terrain.

I thought they would build and engine that would be much more sophisticated, allowing the destruction of both.

I also have to disagree on the point that seeing destruction is better in third-person. Clearly these people haven't played BLACK?

I think seeing explosions and structures crashing down around you in the First-Person point of view is much more engrossing.

Z
04-17-2008, 06:18 AM
I want videos. then I shall pass judgment.

OG_Monkey
06-24-2008, 06:37 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/882491/red-faction-3/videos/rfg_doc-intro_062308.html

KRA
06-24-2008, 09:26 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/882491/red-faction-3/videos/rfg_doc-intro_062308.html

it does looks kind of nice.
it's a nice thing open world game without gangsters.

LiquidEagle
06-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Okay, it's looking a bit better, but it's still pretty rough around the edges... Definitely not the Red Faction I was hoping for :-/

Z
06-24-2008, 06:29 PM
the franchise isn't strong enough commercially for THQ to pour a lot of resources on it, and it showed. painfully. environmental deformation was the strength behind the original game. now, we see Bad Company and Mercenaries 2 showing us how it should be done on the new systems.

I think another reason why they went with a 3rd person view is to avoid competition/comparison with all the other FPS around these days (which a number of are good, actually). smart decision. since the game looks and performs as a mediocre type pf production, I will treat it as such. it may be a fun little simple game with some online to it. as long as it is not priced as a full fledged games, it is alright. but if it isn't, then shit is about to hit the fan!

LiquidEagle
06-24-2008, 09:22 PM
I'd say this game has more detailed deformation than Bad Company or Mercenaries, if only because it takes structural design and alterations into account more, but we'll have to look at the final products to truly compare.

LaLiLuLeLo
06-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Hm. Once they started blowing shit up it looked awesome. I'll keep an eye out.
Regardless, the best game ever made already came out, so anything after this point i don't have too high expectations for.

curryking1
06-25-2008, 01:00 AM
That did look totally wild when stuff started exploding, definitely, that was really, really wicked.

But I think it is a bit of a problem that it stands out far over everything else. But not really that it stands out actually... it's just the rest of it looks really plain awkward. If I had to slap a name on the way everything else looked I'd say PS2.5 for sure.

The colours are just not attractive enough or even complimenting each other well at all - the art is winning no awards for sure.

It looks pretty cool overall, but I think if they could get some more appealing overall look.

Maybe it's a limitation of going so far with the destruction of the levels and buildings... so I guess I'll cut them slack if that's the reason. I could dig that route, but if there's anything they can do to just get something going on there to make it look at least a little less bland they gotta reach that much farther.

I mean by all means go for some gritty or dusty or dirty something... It looks too much like a demonstration rather than a released game you know?

TrueVCU
06-25-2008, 01:25 AM
After reading about it in EGM, I can't wait for it. Sounds like the iraq war on mars, in a good way :D

Newboi
07-14-2008, 06:17 PM
New Destruction vid:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_6776_en.html

ddaryl
07-14-2008, 06:49 PM
this game is in the same category as Haze... I'll wait and see if they can deliver on the promises.

gibmonster
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
With resistance 2 and Killzone 2 on their way...It's going to be hard parting with money to have this in my collection. I can only bare to play a few FPS games in a year.

Newboi
08-02-2008, 05:18 AM
Guerrilla Faction multiplayer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37885.html?type=wmv

more vids:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37891.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37893.html

Looks pretty generic, but...nope can't get excited personally.

OG_Monkey
08-04-2008, 05:50 AM
actually doesnt look bad. Reminds me of Mass Effect, im buying....maybe

Jay Gee
08-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Watched one of the videos and saw the character get out of a truck that turned on its side. When he landed on the ground, his body was leaning and moving at an impossible angle. Pretty funny.

Killing Moon
08-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Well I can't tell much from those brief vids, but so far it seems pretty meh to me. Not that it's bad or anything, that remains to be seen.

I am glad it's 3rd person though, but other than this, it appears SO FAR to be little more than yet another generic shooter.

Could be wrong; we'll see.

OG_Monkey
08-04-2008, 04:35 PM
It just looks like Mass Effect SO much.

Problem is, nothing gives off a "red faction" essence. It's like this should just be a new game

OG_Monkey
08-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Well...360 owners have the chance to play the beta..so I did....man this game sucks! But like I said in the 360 section, I'll be fair and play it more but ulgh, Red Faction 1 atm shits all over this!

Luis
08-16-2008, 05:24 PM
It just doesn't feel good from what we've seen so far.

TrueVCU
08-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Red Faction 1 atm shits all over this!

As it did when RF2 came out.

Very glad I kept my copy.

Luis
08-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Funny how they made a good game and nothing else good came out of it. Not that we can really judge RF3 already, but...

OG_Monkey
08-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Alright after thorough analysis...the multiplayer side of things for this game is really...really lame and boring.

masteratt
08-16-2008, 09:10 PM
It'll be fun to rent just to see how everything collapses and stuff.

LiquidEagle
08-17-2008, 02:54 AM
Ouch, what a bummer. RF1 was so damn good...

Z
08-17-2008, 02:11 PM
this game is in the same category as Haze... I'll wait and see if they can deliver on the promises.

nah, Haze had Radical's reputation and good marketing behind it to make it seem as a quality shooter. this one, however, is unseemly. looks like your average title. and at that, it looks ok.

jaxmkii
04-07-2009, 10:11 PM
so am i the only one who like this?

i just had a blast smashing holes though walls with a sledge hammer and cathing guards buy suprise. the grafix are normal for multiplatform games but this look like the multipath stealth/meele/TPS/mech/combat driving game play with GEO-MOD 2.0 and havick combined is going to make for some real intresting situations.

forget the cruddy screen shots this game might have something worth offering.

GTAce
04-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Wait, theres a demo?

:huh:

Luis
04-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Only if you got the last Qore. It was packed with extras last time.

AC!D
04-07-2009, 11:19 PM
Im also looking forward to this Jax. Apparently the destrcution is second to none i.e you dont destroy scripted buildings set pieces like in Battlefield Bad Company.

OG_Monkey
04-08-2009, 02:07 AM
the demo is single player campaign? Gotta try it becuase the beta for this game was reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............*happy new year*.......aaaally terrible. So i'm not expecting much or even anything from the multiplayer side.

jaxmkii
04-08-2009, 02:57 AM
i ran around and it appears EVERYTHING id distructable... i even like how you found wire mesh in side concrete walls

gibmonster
04-08-2009, 04:43 AM
I gotta say I'm getting interested in this game. It looked uninteresting before, but the stuff they have showed recently...really looks like a lot of fun.

D3adcell
04-08-2009, 05:06 AM
You can also get the demo if you pre-order at gamestop. I will download it later tonight.

Pro A.
04-08-2009, 05:31 AM
I always liked the Red Faction games. Granted, the first was too short and the second had no story (decent voice acting, at least, from Lance Henriksen and Jason Statham, no less) but they were fun in that wonky episodic 1950's-style serial kind of way. Seems they're going for the Gears approach with some Geo-Mod action, which is always nice. Seven years is a long time to wait for a sequel, but I'm more than willing to spend another six hours blowing any and everything to kingdom come.

LaLiLuLeLo
04-08-2009, 06:23 AM
I played this at NYCC this year. Pass. Could be wrong? Doubt it. Especially with my plate as full as it is.

masteratt
04-08-2009, 06:31 AM
i ran around and it appears EVERYTHING id distructable
Not EVERYTHING is destructible.

In Red Faction 1 you could dig tunnels through the game's walls, in RF3 that's not possible.

I remember the part in RF1 where you controlled a huge digging machine and you could basically go through everywhere with it, that was awesome.

This one looks like just-another-shooter with destruction physics so I'm not really interested.

D3adcell
04-08-2009, 06:48 AM
Apparently a lot of the guys on the team where pissed off because they wanted it to be a FPS shooter but some guy that is the lead now that hasn't worked on RF before made them do a third person game.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173569

OG_Monkey
04-08-2009, 05:30 PM
i knew it

masteratt
04-08-2009, 10:49 PM
The dude said it made more sense in 3rd person as you could see more of the damage you were causing.

I prefer 3rd person personally as well, it draws me in more to see what my character is doing.
Unless the animation is shit (ala Fallout3) in which case I prefer 1st person.

cliffbo
04-08-2009, 10:54 PM
so am i the only one who like this?

i just had a blast smashing holes though walls with a sledge hammer and cathing guards buy suprise. the grafix are normal for multiplatform games but this look like the multipath stealth/meele/TPS/mech/combat driving game play with GEO-MOD 2.0 and havick combined is going to make for some real intresting situations.

forget the cruddy screen shots this game might have something worth offering.

look, i've knocked breeze block walls down with a sledgehammer and i can tell you it aint that easy lol

Luis
04-10-2009, 10:34 AM
For those who haven't bought Qore, you can get a free demo code by signing up at THQ:

http://www.thq-games.com/uk/redfaction

You can choose your country, if that's more convenient. The codes are limited, by the way. I'm downloading it right now!

masteratt
04-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Awesome, thanks!
Got a key :D

That was a pretty fun demo.
Pretty mediocre but destruction adds that little spice....Also it had a nice atmosphere with it being Mars and all.

OG_Monkey
04-24-2009, 03:25 AM
Well played the demo today...as i felt about the multiplayer beta...this game is awful

Smokey
04-24-2009, 10:10 PM
the demo is fun as... the old Red Faction 'smash the shit out of everything' lol

GTAce
04-24-2009, 10:16 PM
I played the demo last week and i found it boring.
I dont get a real feeling from the guns, the game is blurry, the enemies boring, the artstyle too comic-esque, you cant deform the environment and the animations suck.

masteratt
04-24-2009, 10:20 PM
I loved the demo, I've played it lots of times now.
I will definitely be buying it if it's lengthy game, if not, rent.

Killing Moon
04-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Not EVERYTHING is destructible.

In Red Faction 1 you could dig tunnels through the game's walls, in RF3 that's not possible.

I remember the part in RF1 where you controlled a huge digging machine and you could basically go through everywhere with it, that was awesome.

This one looks like just-another-shooter with destruction physics so I'm not really interested.

Preeeeeeeeetty much, you're on point. Not to mention after playing the demo I found out it was just another open-world GTA style fest, I lost interest instantaneously.

What a shame.
RF1 and 2 [still] FTW :-(

masteratt
04-24-2009, 11:15 PM
Lol after reading that pre-demo post I don't agree with myself....Actually I do lol, but it's super fun none-the-less.

RF2 sucked though, I remember hating it so much after loving RF1.

I think my rating will go like this:
RF1
RF3 (this one)
RF2

Luis
04-24-2009, 11:25 PM
The production values are awful, but while the demo seems lousy at first, you soon realise it can be fun.

RF1
RF3 (this one)
RF2

Yeah. Maybe, as I won't buy it based on the demo.

gnznroses
04-25-2009, 03:56 AM
i knew this game would suck and it proved me right.

i've only played the demo once -- i'll try again -- but i think it sucks

OG_Monkey
04-25-2009, 04:02 AM
meh, i didnt get pass like 15 ft from the starting point of the demo before i quit and deleted it

Smokey
04-25-2009, 08:56 AM
bunch of whingers lol... whats more fun then destuctable enviroment?

Luis
04-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Sex. Not the virtual kind though.

gnznroses
04-25-2009, 06:45 PM
the destructible environments were really corny.

masteratt
04-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Jeeez, Mr Negative everyone in this thread &#172;_&#172; lol

bunch of whingers lol
lol, exactly.

OG_Monkey
04-26-2009, 12:54 AM
The team shouldve done a Coup d'&#233;tat on that dumb lead producer. Third person, psssh, i bet thats where everything started to go downhill.

cliffbo
04-26-2009, 04:42 PM
what's the game like then...?

TrueVCU
05-04-2009, 03:37 AM
I just played the demo today (sorry, Spore's been making me its bitch :D). I'm pretty much sold. Nothing satisfies like jumping through the air and coldclocking a guard in the head with a sledgehammer upon landing, luring a group of soliders under a walkway I'd already rigged with explosives, or tearing through a building with a mech. This is what Mercs2 should have been, and is so far the best example of delivering on the promise of destroying everything you see.

TrueVCU
06-01-2009, 03:30 AM
It's GOOOOOOOOD! (http://www.gamerankings.com/ps3/944785-red-faction-guerrilla/index.html)

OG_Monkey
06-01-2009, 03:46 AM
I guess you really cant judge this game off the SP and MP demo...becuase both were complete shit. But I guess the actual game gets good or is just good. Which is weird...why put out a bad demo. Maybe its just me?

Oh well, still not picking this up...maybe at $10 and below used/bargain bin at Walmart ;)

gibmonster
06-02-2009, 05:46 AM
Demo lacked a lot of polish...among other things. Still quite enjoyable.

My concern is that the destructible environments is the only thing this game has going for it. What about the other gameplay mechanics and stuff you can do in game? The way AI reacts to the evironment. For example, if you blow a whole in a wall behind them? are they momentarily suprised?

AC!D
06-02-2009, 12:04 PM
The game is getting some amazing reviews on metacritic.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/redfactionguerrilla

masteratt
06-02-2009, 12:25 PM
The way AI reacts to the evironment. For example, if you blow a whole in a wall behind them? are they momentarily suprised?
You can see in the demo that they are, they run for new cover.
Although I dunno what you exactly mean by surprise though? I'm not sure if they'll go "omg omg omg omg!"
But the fact that they just don't stand there after you've blown their cover is good enough for me.

The game is getting some amazing reviews on metacritic.
Damn straight! *pre-orders*

Title change btw?
The game is out today in NA and 5th June in Europe.

TimmyJ
06-02-2009, 01:33 PM
The one thing that really grates my grapes in games like this is the seeming omniscience of enemies and the resultant stealth-but-not gameplay. It presents itself as a possibility but never actually allows for it =/

Smokey
06-02-2009, 05:12 PM
everything ive seen says it pretty awsome

AC!D
06-20-2009, 01:30 AM
I decided to get this game today because of the many great reviews its gotten playing around a bit for an hour and i have to say......The destruction in this game is absolutely incredible. Ill post some impressions when i play for a few more hours but damn i just had to give some props to Volition. Best and most realistic destruction in a game i will probably ever see.

In the tutorial mission i was trying to take out a structure and placed two charges at what i thought were the main support beams (Well iron thingies anyways) and after i detonated the one beam was taken out and a chunk of the other was taken out. Part of the structure collapsed but alot of it was being held up by half a beam and when i approached to finish the job i heard creaking and the chunk of beam couldnt support the weight of the structure and it fell on top of me just barely leaving me alive lol :) Absolutely amazing. I hope the rest of the game lives up to its brilliant destruction.

Smokey
06-20-2009, 05:12 AM
havnt got it yet will soon. is there anywhere where i can dig tunnels again like RF1?

AC!D
06-20-2009, 11:07 AM
havnt got it yet will soon. is there anywhere where i can dig tunnels again like RF1?

I dont think so Smokey. Maybe you get a weapon later but its doubtful because the terrain doesnt seem to deform and i havent noticed any craters at the poin of impact around explosions. I could be wrong though im not very far into the game.

Impressions so far:

- The destruction is incredible ( Not pre-scripted chunks of wall like in Battlefield: Bad Company) and at times i find myself in a building trying to be an architect finding the main support structures with the least amount of demolitions use. Its also amazing how many times ive had to run away from the bigger structues because the top starts falling in my direction trying to squash me like a bug.

- You character moves with weight like in Gears of war which is ok but im spoiled by Drake and im wishing he had a bit more fluidity. The jump button also seems pointless because he hardly jumps a few inches off the ground but that just might be the devs trying to stay true to a different atmosphere in Mars which hasnt been entirely terraformed im guessing. Their is a cover system with the tap of R2 like in Gears but i hardly use it and also a sprint button .

- Theres a tiny bit of screen tear but only when you swing the camera around really fast and its hardly noticeable and less so than in Uncharted.

- Side missions seem like they could become repetitive but hey if it means blowing bigger and better shit up with greater precision im all for it. I get the same feeling from this game i got with flower getting my daily life frustrations out but instead of beauty its just destruction.

- Vehicles handle ok. Nothing special so far. Could change when i finally get to one of those robot walkers i saw in the trailers for the game.

- AI seems smart enough so far trying to flank me and avoiding debris from stuff i destroyed instead of getting stuck in it which i really find impressive so far and they dont just stand around but move a lot when you get them in your sights so no complaints there. EDIT ok the nemeies have gotten stuck sometimes between objects but only in small enclosed areas where debris has fallen all over which is understandable.

- The graphics are pretty good considering this is the same team that made the awful looking Saints Row. Though im guessing it is not that hard considering Mars is lifeless outside of the colonie areas.

- So far though the game is a pleasure to play and it might seem like the destruction was made to appeal to overzealous little destructive loving teen boys but you might just be pleasantly surprised how tactical your use of demolitions becomes in the game when you sit down and really think about how to tackle your next mission(s).

- Again just for emphasis......The architectural destrucion in this game is amazing!!!!!!!!!

AC!D
06-25-2009, 11:35 PM
I just finished the single player which took me about 25 hours.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and on my scale of fun id give this game a 9/10. Im glad they are making a sequel and i hope it doesnt take another 5 yeears.

Things i would like to see in the sequel:

- Get new artists Volition. I know Mars is not exactly Disneyland but damn the land has been terraformed so add some color to the high class areas like Eos at least.

- Bigger and more varied buildings to destroy which goes with the first point of better art direction for the buildings also.

- The only thing the game didnt let me do was fly in one of the air vehicles which looked really cool. Imagine the destruction you can reign from up above.

- A stealth option to tackle some mission like rescuing prisoners which became a pain when you had to kill more and more enemies to get to them. Also the stealth option is also cool when you want to thoroughly plan and take your time to destroy a destruction target.

- There were some other small niggles but nothing that would ruin the game so i wont mention them.

Lastly i would give my left nut if Rockstar licensed this Geo Mod destruction tech from THQ and put it in GTA 5 or Agent. Nuff said!

curryking1
06-26-2009, 04:40 AM
You can really tell they used up all the dev money the publisher gave them on the physics lol.

It'd be nice if they were afforded a larger budget. I really miss the sense of the first game, it was quite stunning.

AC!D
06-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Playing As Insurgents: Volition Reflects On Red Faction Guerilla (http://kotaku.com/5302517/playing-as-insurgents-volition-reflects-on-red-faction-guerilla)

Good read!

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2009/06/custom_1246055271192_RFG_ActionShots19.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2009/06/custom_1246055391336_RFG_WeaponShots14.jpg

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2009/06/custom_1246055311246_RFG_ActionShots34.jpg

There are rebellions that were and weren't intended to be part of Red Faction Guerilla, Volition and THQ's well-reviewed destroy-everything open-world game. Kotaku talked to the game's designers about the possibilities and politics of what they made.

"I like an open world where it feels like stuff is going on around you," James Hague, Red Faction Guerilla's lead designer at development studio Volition told me in a phone interview earlier this week.

Red Faction Guerilla is a sprawling open-world action-adventure for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 set on a Mars ruled under the tight grip of the heartless Earth Defense Force. The player is a miner-turned-revolutionary who shoots and batters enemies and buildings to help the just overthrow the bad.

What Hague was discussing a game that is loaded with opportunity and charged with the energy of an insurgent's rebellion against a military authority – the kind that, not intentionally, has parallels to those seen fighting on the news these days.

Let's start with the game design rebellion. The game Hague and his team made, the game that technical designer Luke Schneider maintains was not intended to be a "GTA on Mars," was made to feel like a more open open-world game than the average one. It was a game designed to enable rampant destruction and handle all of the gameplay consequences. Volition built their game, Hague and Schneider told Kotaku, on the premise that giving the player an axe and guns that can destroy every structure on the map is also a game that should open the player's options to do as much as they can imagine.

"We wanted people to play pretty much however they wanted to," Hague said.

There are signs of success. For example, the developers has learned that players are doing things the creators didn't expect. Take the destruction of a canyon-spanning bridge in the game's Badlands district. Some might take it down with explosives. Others might use the game's disintegration gun to zap one strut away at a time. Volition discovered that one player decided to attract military attention and then shot helicopters so they crashed into – and tore down – the bridge. Another player filled the bridge's lanes with cars then made them detonate in a chain. "When that was put in there, the goal was to put in something very large and allow the player a lot of choices in how to take it down. We're not looking to dictate how you do it."What they pushed was emergence, a value celebrated by players and makers of open-world games at least as far back as the launch of GTA III.

"We were trying to go a little further out there in terms of emergent gameplay on the high level," Schneider said. During development, they went too far: "Players would just be completely lost." The developers said they wanted to make an open-world game that felt more open than gamers have been playing. Things in the world were just supposed to… happen. Convoys would drive through the game world at set times each game-day. Players could attack them or not. But some players of pre-release versions of the game panicked and felt that they'd be letting their guerilla movement down if they saw a convoy and didn't attack. Missions like hostage rescues that are now triggered only when a player goes to an icon on the game world's map – the classic way of starting missions in open-world games – used to instead be sprung upon the player as alerts they could choose to respond to. "We were trying to get a balance between letting you choose what you want to do and making the world seem alive," Hague said. "We tried at both extremes and I think the balance is pretty good."

They found the right amount of insurgency to make their game work. And if it resembles any current real-life insurgency, that's not intended, the developers say. "We weren't looking at the modern day situation," Hague said. "We were looking at stuff like the past wars in Afghanistan and so on. How do react when you have a superior force against you and you can't attack them head on? We weren't trying to make an Iraq simulator."

Yes, this is a game about being part of an insurgent fighting force, a game that rewards players who can sneak up and undermine a more powerful military maybe with a disintegration ray or maybe by blowing up a car in front of a building. But civilians are never targets. The enemy is only military and always armed. Early in the game, the hero of Red Faction tells his brother, "I'm not a terrorist," only to see his brother gunned down by the evil military rulers, the Earth Defense Force. "We didn't want people to feel like they were on the wrong side of this war," said Schneider, who said that wars as far back as the American Revolutionary War were studied for tactics. "We just wanted people to have fun blowing stuff up."

With both the politics of the game as well as in the gameplay design, the developers don't think they took their rebellion too far. Almost.

One mission, which puts the player in the turret position of a vehicle while a fellow freedom fighter sharpens knives and begins to viciously interrogate a captured military man, did make Hague briefly uneasy. "The first time I actually played that mission once we got it in place I felt kind of bad," he said. He remembered thinking: "The Red Faction really crossed the line here. I don't know if I believe in the same stuff they believe in anymore, but I've got to keep continuing because it's a good cause overall… I remember we were going to go with an interrogation fairly early on. It just wasn't until we did the final writing pass and recording pass that we could really hear it in context. Honestly, it came out a little more over-the-top and intense than I expected to be."

A scene like that wouldn't have been unusual in 24 or out of context in an action movie. It's an ethical boundary, pushed.

The rebellions of Red Faction Guerilla are set to continue. Development of downloadable content is underway. The two developers would not share specifics.

Is this as open as it gets? Of course not. But as far as they've gone, the makers of Red Faction Guerilla are happy with the result.

The part which i bolded is what i meant when i described clever or an open destruction design ethos Volition employed in this game. You can destroy strucutres with so many various tactics. In the one mission i took an entire building down by driving a garbage truck through the main supports of a building.

On another demolition side mission you are asked to destroy three oil pipes in a huge canyon each below one another by about 10 meters whithout any weapons except for your axe equiped. You are also provided with a walker and some charges right near the bottom of the last pipe where there is a small portion of land to walk on while the canyon goes down even further down where you can fall and die from this point. Solution? Jump trom pipe to pipe while balancing walking across them till you reach the bottom while equiping the demo charges and getting into the walker when you get to the. Then you use your boosters to get you onto the first pipe as gentle as you can or your walker will fall through the pipes and game over. Once you get onto the first pipe you place demo charges and then move onto the next pipe. Destroy the first pipe and rinse and repeat with the next two. If you actually figure this little demo puzzle out you get huge salvage rewards to buy better destrcution weapons. Absolutely brilliant!

I also enjoyed reading the part in the article about terrorism vs insurgency and how Volition handled this touchy subject. I think inFAMOUS ( If you killed civilians and made good morale choices you would be neutral and would not unlock the greatest levels of your powers and this is where Prototype failed me because you are nothing more than a monster in the game i.e a true terrorist in the sense of the word killing without mercy when in games like this i would prefer a balance so i dont have to always feel like a monster if that isnt my gameplay choice ) handled this well because you lost good points for killing innocents but Red Faction handles this even better. The game has a Red Faction morale system which when you complete missions and destroy enemy structures results in EDF control diminishing and the morale of the civilians in a particular zone increases resulting in more of them joining your cause the higher morale grows. How does this help in the game you ask? Well when you start a new zone and you attack your first structure and the enmey guards respond in kind and attack you then maybe one truck will stop and a civilian will get out and help you if your morale is at say about 20 percent. At a hundred percent about 6 or 8 guys help you and later on in the game this can save your life a hell of a lot when enemies have other targets to shoot at besides you because the game is rather challenging and not easy at all. However if you by accident kill a civilian then your morale for a zone drops and you get less reinforcements and less civilains support you during your liberation of Mars campaign.

AC!D
07-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Red Faction: Guerilla DLC Hands-on (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/100/1004214p1.html)

THQ deserve a big thumbs up for striking while the iron's hot and delivering the first batch of DLC within a couple of months of the original game's release. In the Demons of the Badlands DLC you play one of the Marauders (Samanya) in an entirely new section of Mars.

If you think Samanya sounds familiar that's because she was your scientific sidekick in the original game (spoiler alert – for anyone who hasn't played Red Faction: Guerilla) who turned out to be one of the Marauders herself. In Demons of the Badlands you'll get to play as Sam when she was a Marauder and discover why she turned on her people and joined the Red Faction. Sounds like a pretty neat story arc to us, although players after a deep narrative journey – or lengthy gameplay – should be warned that there are only three story missions in this DLC. Although it may be light on missions, Demons of the Badlands still has a healthy list of features, boasting new weapons, vehicles and side missions all wrapped-up in a brand new area of Mars, separated from those you played in RF: Guerrilla.

Mariner Valley is the name of the new environment you'll explore and it's a far more vertical and uninviting locale than we've seen previously. Imagine a game set in America's Grand Canyon and you wouldn't be far off. You'll barrel down tight roads, walled by sheer cliffs on either side with most buildings either built at the base of a cliff or bolted precariously to the side of it.

The new missions are good fun and extend the Red Faction flavour seamlessly, with the highlight being blasting waves of EDF vehicles with a plasma cannon perched high up in a guard tower. As well as the missions there are eight new side missions (Guerrilla Activities) to get stuck into and it's within these that Volition has poured most of its creativity into. The new Demolitions Master challenges see you doing insane stuff like using gas bottles as explosive dominoes to chain buildings together and strapping a remote mine to the back of a car so you can speed towards a cliff, dive out of the car and detonate the mine in mid-air to send the car flying across the gap and into a building on the far side. Sensational stuff.

Another feature we liked was the rapid-fire unlocking of new weapons. You don't have to bother building up salvage cash to buy any of the weapons in the DLC and you'll often unlock two new weapons for every mission you complete. The weapons are a mix of ones you will have seen before, plus a handful of new weapons (seven in total). Most of these new weapons are fairly slight variations on previous weapons like Marauder versions of the remote mines, sledgehammer and melee weapons. We did really like the new rapid-fire Missilepod gun that hammers multiple rockets into targets. However, we couldn't help feel a little disappointed that the prequel storyline prevents us from being able to use some of RF: Guerrilla's best weapons like the disintegration gun.

We'll reserve judgment until we've finished the DLC and found out the Australian prices but overall Demons of the Badlands is shaping up to be a nice little addition to the Red Faction: Guerrilla experience. Releasing on 13 August for Xbox 360 and PS3 (and shortly after on PC) it should definitely hit while Red Faction fever's still strong

Kiwi
08-06-2009, 06:21 PM
The Demons of the Badlands DLC should be out today on XBL and PSN, a week earlier than expected.

mwXPTap9Cvs

AC!D
08-06-2009, 06:37 PM
It doesnt seem to be out on the PAL side unfortunately :(

Kiwi
08-06-2009, 07:21 PM
The updates on the European stores aren't usually done until later, aren't they?

AC!D
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
The updates on the European stores aren't usually done until later, aren't they?

If you mean as in delayed to a later date then usually but if you mean updated later today then nope because the update is out with the Batman demo already for this week.

Anyways it was getting lonely in this thread. Good to know im not the only one who enjoyed the game lol :P

Kiwi
08-06-2009, 07:37 PM
If you mean as in delayed to a later date then usually but if you mean updated later today then nope because the update is out with the Batman demo already for this week.

Oh OK, I thought the update hadn't come out. Could do with somebody else checking if it's on there.

Anyways it was getting lonely in this thread. Good to know im not the only one who enjoyed the game lol :P

Well, if I had a PS3, I would be enjoying it!

AC!D
08-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh OK, I thought the update hadn't come out. Could do with somebody else checking if it's on there.

Well, if I had a PS3, I would be enjoying it!

PS3 Content

Downloadable Games

-TV Show King (£7.99/€9.99)

Demos

-Batman: Arkham Asylum

Add-on Game Content

-Call of Duty: World at War – Map Pack 3 (£7.99/€9.99)
-Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood – Old West Map Pack (£7.99/€9.99)
-Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires – Additional Music Set 3 (Free)
-LittleBigPlanet – inFamous Cole Costume (£1.59/€1.99)
-Savage Moon – Waldgeist Pack (£3.19/€3.99)
-Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 – Cog Hill (£3.19/€3.99)

Rock Band DLC

* Spinal Tap’s Tap Ten (£9.19/€11.25)
* (Funky) Sex Farm (£0.99/€1.49)
* (Listen To The) Flower People (Reggae Style) (£0.99/€1.49)
* America (£0.99/€1.49)
* Big Bottom (£0.99/€1.49)
* Cups and Cakes (£0.99/€1.49)
* Gimme Some Money (£0.99/€1.49)
* Heavy Duty (£0.99/€1.49)
* Hell Hole (£0.99/€1.49)
* Rock ‘N’ Roll Creation (£0.99/€1.49)
* Stonehenge (£0.99/€1.49)
* Tonight I’m Gonna Rock You Tonight (£0.99/€1.49)

Guitar Hero World Tour DLC

* Camel’s Night Out by Eric Johnson (£1.59/€1.99)

Videos

-Battlefield 1943 Launch Trailer (Free)
-Gran Turismo PSP Trailer (Free)

Wallpapers

Topatoi x3 Wallpapers (Free)

PSP Content

Downloadable Games

-Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men’s Chest (£15.99/€19.99)

Add-on Game Content

Rock Band Unplugged DLC

* Had a Dad by Jane’s Addiction (£0.99/€1.49)
* Renegade by Styx (£0.99/€1.49)

Themes

Dissidia Final Fantasy Theme 6 (Free)

Videos

Gran Turismo PSP trailer (Free)

Nope looks like its not out in any PAL territories. Maybe the American store will get it early.

TrueVCU
08-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Sweet, I just beat this like 2 nights ago and was hoping for more!

Kiwi
08-06-2009, 11:33 PM
Red Faction: Guerrilla Patch Delivers Fixes, New Multiplayer Mode and More Maps

A free patch for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 editions of Volition's Red Faction: Guerrilla was released today, bringing new features and fixes to the destructive shooter.

Players will be prompted to download the update when attempting to sign into their console's respective online service, with major tweaks including a new Challenge Mode, everyone getting the pre-order bonus levels, and support for the first bit of DLC.

As an added bonus, players will earn double XP in multiplayer from August 6 to 9.

New Features:

* New Wrecking Crew mode: "Challenge Mode" introduces three rounds of distinct submode/weapon/backpack settings per level. Each participant plays through all three rounds in an attempt to get the highest score possible. All wrecking crew modes, including Challenge Mode, can now be played in single player.
* Wrecking Crew Leaderboards: Scores are automatically uploaded to leaderboards (1 per level) so you can compare how you're doing against your friends and the world. Leaderboards are only available for Challenge Mode.
* Bonus Wrecking Crew levels unlocked: The 4 pre-order bonus Wrecking Crew levels are now unlocked for everyone, delivering 10 additional levels.
* Weapon and Backpack disabling in Multiplayer: Custom matches now offer the ability to prevent specific backpacks or weapons from spawning in a level.
* XP multiplier for matchmaking playlists: Double XP playlists are now possible (and will be used).
* Ore Deposits on Minimap: Mining ore that has not been mined will now show up as purple pulsing dots on the minimap. This will help players to obtain the "Working the Land" achievement/trophy.
* Support for upcoming DLC: Demons of the Badlands, our first DLC pack, which will be released on August 13th.

Other Fixes:

* House Arrest icons now reflect their proper completion status after the last mission is completed.
* Convoy spawning is now fixed after the last mission is completed (previously, some convoys were prevented from spawning).
* Scale of some icons on the full-screen map and minimap has been fixed
* Parties are no longer allowed to matchmake into Anarchy through the "Any Playlist" selection option
* Ties no longer count as losses on the multiplayer leaderboards

Source (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59876)

AC!D
08-17-2009, 06:26 PM
I played the DLC and here are some impressions for those that are interested.

- 500MB Download.
- 4 hours to complete including all the sidequests.
- 3 main storyline missions which were pretty good.
- Side missions same as in the main game and mostly boring except for 5 cool new demolition missions.
- All weapons unlocked straight away by completing side missions and the new weapons are great and powerful
- No walkers ( Bummer :( ) but the new tank and missile gun were cool.

Very enjoyable single player DLC and the 3 missions were closer in nature to the last few missions in the main game which is cool.

Overall if you enjoyed the main game you will enjoy this cause its more of the same and quite cheap i might add. 7/10 from me.