PDA

View Full Version : Official PSN Gamesharing Thread: Split/Trade/Share your PSN games! v2.0

switchitup8888
09-01-2007, 10:42 PM
ATTN: Warhawk is not sharable
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...er/PSStore.jpg

Share games to help people out who don't have credit cards or share them to split the cost!

Can't buy any PSN games because you have no credit card and Sony hasn't released the game cards that they promised? You're in the right place.

For every Playstation 3 account, it's possible for 5 friends to link to an account and download purchased games. You must keep this shared account on your PS3.

---> Here is a diagram to help demonstrate how sharing games on a Playstation Network ID works: <---

5 people have grouped up to share a password and ID. One person paid for flOw, and the other 4 people downloaded it from a single ID.

Originally, it was thought that each purchased item had 5 download "slots." People began to realize that when they let new people on their ID to download a game, the people were given a message that they could not download. It made for some interesting situations with people who were splitting games! Now we know that it's all about 5 individual machines who download from a single ID. So, you'll find yourself making a new ID for every single game if you share them with different people each time. If that's ok with you, then you don't need a static group.

If one of your members doesn't want a certain game, that's ok too. You'll still be splitting it 4 ways, or you could always find an extra and make another account!

This thread is all about sharing and splitting PSN games. It's easy to do! If you would like to split/trade/share one of your PSN games then just post here to set it up!

If you do not have access to a credit card, but have PayPal, then this thread is for you!
If you do have a credit card, and would like to split the cost of your PSN games(old or new), this thread is for you too!
Sharing your games means you can split the cost up to 5 ways. Even if you just split it with one other person you are getting a great, full-priced PSN game for half off!
If you don't want to bother with PayPal, then why not barter? Trade one of your games for someone else's and you both win!

There are already some great titles on PSN but there are so many more coming. Check in with the thread to see what's being shared. If someone mentions they'd like to trade a game you want for a game you have, PM them and you're set! If you notice other people who want a game that you want, split it!

Gamesharing Guide

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

_.~Gamesharing Guide~._

Short Explanation: A game is bought. Four people and the original purchaser use this same ID to download the game to their PS3's. You keep the ID on your system for as long as you want the game.

*If you will be hosting a game share*

You can use your own PSN ID if you have already purchased games and want to share them for money. For most sharing it's a pretty good idea to make a new PSN ID.
Go to the left side of the XMB and hit "Create New User". Make it any name you want.
Go to the right side of XMB. You will only have 1 option, to make a PSN ID. You will put in an E-mail address. Either put in one of your own, or make a new spam account on Yahoo Mail(recommended).
Your new PSN ID is ready to be used. Go through the normal steps for buying a PSN game.
After buying and downloading your new purchase go to the right side of XMB to account management. Select Account Management again.
Here, go to "Edit Billing Info" and remove all information. Then go to "Edit Account Info" and remove all that information. This is so that no one can get on this account and purchase other software on your dime. Use this if you don't personally know the people in your group.
Send username/password out to the people who have payed you for their portion of the game.
When pricing each persons's share of the cost, remember that PayPal will charge around 30-40 cents per member deposit.
It's likely that each person has to download the game one at a time, but this is not tested.
KEEP THIS PSN ID ON YOUR SYSTEM OR ELSE YOU CAN'T USE THE GAME ANYMORE
*If you are purchasing the game through a sharing host*

Go to the left side of the XMB and hit "Create New User". Make it any name you want.
Go to the right side of XMB. You will only have 1 option, to make a PSN ID. Select "Use existing account" and put in the info that was sent to you by the person hosting your share.
Now you should be able to get on the PS Store, and click on "Download List". In this list will be the downloads that have been made on the account. Whatever game has been bought on the account will be right there. Click download, and you're set.
Log off of the ID when you have finished and you can play the game on your regular ID!
KEEP THIS PSN ID ON YOUR SYSTEM OR ELSE YOU CAN'T USE THE GAME ANYMORE
Tips:

A good trick is to change your password after everyone in your group is done downloading. That way they can't get back onto your ID unless you share with them again and give the new password out.
Don't send the Login/Password out until you have gotten your PayPal payment.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Sony announced that players who download games from PlayStation's online shop can share them on up to five other PS3 machines. If a player logs into his PlayStation 3 account on a friend's system, he can download any game he has already purchased. "You can send that content to four other friends for that initial investment," said Tretton. "We want to get the game in as many hands as possible."
"It's not about generating profits at each and every interaction with the consumer," he said. "I think that really offsets the argument that says, 'Wow, that's a really pricey system.'"
***(Credit to Grinchy for making this)***

heres the list i have (ill try to remeber all of em lol)

Pixeljunk
Highstakes Poker
Lemmings
MGO Beta
Flow
Super Rub a dub
CaC
Blast Factor
Super Stardust
and a few more

***PM me or post here if u have a game that i didnt mention and we will talk about trading

raVen
09-01-2007, 11:02 PM
I have
CaC
Super Stardust
Castlevania
Flow

Looking for Tekken/Tekken Oline
and Super Puzzle Fighter

Luis
09-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Did I read "MGO beta"? =-o

Anyway, the only reason why I'll never do this is that no matter how much you could trust your friends, you won't be able to control what they do or what happens with your account details once you've shared them. It's not just that they could reveal your info to anyone, but it could happen that it simply leaks to someone else for whatever reason you can think of, such as a friend or a relative of your friend happily sharing the stuff and the information without even being conscious of what they're doing.

There's no risk for those who do not have credit cards, but for those who do...

switchitup8888
09-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Did I read "MGO beta"? =-o

Anyway, the only reason why I'll never do this is that no matter how much you could trust your friends, you won't be able to control what they do or what happens with your account details once you've shared them. It's not just that they could reveal your info to anyone, but it could happen that it simply leaks to someone else for whatever reason you can think of, such as a friend or a relative of your friend happily sharing the stuff and the information without even being conscious of what they're doing.

There's no risk for those who do not have credit cards, but for those who do...

exactly. thats y ur supposed to erase your credit card info before doing anything

Shadow Voa
09-01-2007, 11:58 PM
Its got potential, but theres like only one person on these boards I'd trust anyway, so if and when the time comes I wish to share or they do this will be a great feature that PS3 offers.

switchitup8888
09-02-2007, 12:01 AM
i would appreciate some rep power cuz it took a while to put all that together

seahorse
09-02-2007, 12:42 AM
you don't get rep power until you have 200 posts...

switchitup8888
09-02-2007, 12:55 AM
oook

Pimpwerx
09-02-2007, 01:52 AM
Hmm, I'm willing to go in on Tekken:DR Online with someone trustworthy. The gf wants it badly, but I'd rather not have to pay full price. I'm a new PS3 owner, so I'm also interested in CAC and SSHD. Maybe we can work something out here. PM me on here, or on PSN where I'm MastaKiiLA. PEACE.

fazzk
09-02-2007, 04:12 AM
Hmm, I have always thought about trying one of these sharing groups out. Never really gotten around to actually doing it yet though...

Viano
09-02-2007, 01:27 PM
waiting for the game card is probably the best solution..

KRA
09-02-2007, 06:36 PM
yeah sony: this is waiting.

switchitup8888
09-07-2007, 08:22 PM
just getting the thread back to the top again

switchitup8888
09-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Hello everyone. I am now looking for tekken online. Would anyone like to trade?
I have:

High stakes Poker
Pixeljunk
Lemmings
MGO Beta
Flow
Super Rub a dub
CaC
Blast Factor
Super Stardust
and a few more

PM me on here if your interested