PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 from Spain to Iceland

ivarinn
07-24-2007, 03:20 PM
I was wondering if any of you know if it was okey for me to buy PS3 here in Spain and take it back home to Iceland. PS3 costs like 150 more euros back at home so I was thinking if I could use it back @ home. I know their both PAL but spanish people tend to make everything spanish.
Hoping for a quick reply thx.

Luis
07-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi there, visitor :)

If you know how to travel with a PS3 bought in Spain back to Iceland, don't be afraid at all about it not working over there, although I'd suggest to test it before you bring it there just in case. The power supply unit is universal, which means that you don't need to buy anything to make it work with your electric infrastructure. The PS3 games are region free, so as a matter of fact you'll be able to play any PS3 game you buy anywhere in the world. It will also be compatible with your TV, no matter whether it's old or new.

Whether you'd be able to take it back to your country, I'm not sure how easy or difficult it could be, and whether you'd have to pay some taxes for that matter. I guess someone here can shed some light on taking a PS3 to another country.

By the way, the starter pack will be released this week in Spain, check it here (http://www.game.es/ficha/ficha.aspx?sku=049815&codafi=&dsfdsfd=423ejn3jed323d32d32d). Get it if you can! Not only you would be saving those 150 € for the system itself, but you'd be getting the two most popular games plus an additional controller for the same price. Both games feature several languages and you can set the language of your PS3's interface easily, so no worries about that either.

satriales
07-24-2007, 03:46 PM
I was wondering if any of you know if it was okey for me to buy PS3 here in Spain and take it back home to Iceland. PS3 costs like 150 more euros back at home so I was thinking if I could use it back @ home. I know their both PAL but spanish people tend to make everything spanish.
Hoping for a quick reply thx.
All PS3 games will work fine as they are all region free. I'm not sure if PS1/PS2/Movies all have the same region coding in Spain and Iceland, but if they do then you shouldn't have any trouble playing those either.

Luis
07-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Any PAL PS1, PS2 and DVD (as well as region 0 DVDs) will work on a PAL PS3, no doubt about it.

I don't think Iceland uses NTSC... or does it?

Luis
07-27-2007, 04:56 PM
http://xs317.xs.to/xs317/07305/dscn0800zm0.jpg

Mediamarkt offer:

PS3 + Resistance + Motorstorm + F1 + VF5 + 2nd sixaxis + steering wheel = 599€

What a steal. Take advantage of this if you can.