PDA

View Full Version : Leipzig will be big!

BluBoi
07-20-2007, 04:17 PM
I hope this hasn't been posted before but here goes...

SCEE's president and CEO David Reeves has told MCV that E3 was a phoney war, and that Sony will let off the first of its peak season "fireworks" in Leipzig next month.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/27811/Sony-draws-up-Leipzig-battle-lines

Hopefully we will see some 2008 games like 8 Days and the Getaway there, and the controller announcement.

Thanks to Danji on the PS3forums.

TEEDA
07-20-2007, 04:23 PM
LoL....Yeah give us a confirmation of the PS3 120 GB for Europe even if there is no price cut....
Sho us ShockAxis... And the Next Eye Toy !

Luis
07-20-2007, 04:25 PM
It's been posted, but it well deserves a thread :-p

Sony couldn't afford having an important presence and reveal important announcements last year because of PS3's delayed launch in Europe. This year they'll want to redeem themselves and they'll probably have a lot to show next month. The 1st party European titles like 8 Days and The Getaway are likely to make an appearance, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if they unveil the new PS3 controller, although they might want to wait one more month until TGS for that, as announcing it so soon might not make a lot of sense with so many new bundles being released lately with the good ol' sixaxis.

Z
07-20-2007, 05:38 PM
well, duh! lol

okay, but it is a month away and it is a tad too early to start a thread for it, but what the heck.

to be honest, before Reeves got me hyped, I wasn't looking forward to Leipzig at all, to be honest. I have my eyes set on TGS and GDC since Leipzig only had its first show last year, AFAIK. but it looks like Europe is finally getting a general big event that we can mark with TGS and E3, :)

OmniStalgic
07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Cool...Euro should have a TGS/E3 or there own...

Gotta say that I'm still waiting for TGS though, Final Fantasy, White Knight Story, more MGS4, Disgaea etc....

Gotta love the Japanese style of gaming

OmniCloud=RPG whore;)

Epix
07-20-2007, 09:12 PM
http://www.ps3blog.net/wp-content/uploads/leipzig_war3.jpg

Rockmond
07-20-2007, 09:21 PM
http://www.ps3blog.net/wp-content/uploads/leipzig_war3.jpg

Thats tremendous.

GD|eNSo
07-20-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't think we will see "big shows" anymore, more like a bunch of little shows with spikes of news. Not saying you shouldn't be hyped about this event, it's just I doubt they blow everything out with another event just aroudn the corner ... then another one.

Z
07-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Sony will set of a clown shaped A bomb at Leipzig. lol

we'll all be slimy mutants. but we'll be very happy slimy mutants. lol

julps31
07-21-2007, 04:27 AM
It's been posted, but it well deserves a thread :-p

Sony couldn't afford having an important presence and reveal important announcements last year because of PS3's delayed launch in Europe. This year they'll want to redeem themselves and they'll probably have a lot to show next month. The 1st party European titles like 8 Days and The Getaway are likely to make an appearance, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if they unveil the new PS3 controller, although they might want to wait one more month until TGS for that, as announcing it so soon might not make a lot of sense with so many new bundles being released lately with the good ol' sixaxis.If they play there cards the way I think they will...i think E3 was the show meant to whet your pallete. Which is why they didn't show tons of new games but made tons of exciting annoucments and showed off the incredible current line up.

Then Leipzig is the show for the Euro games we haven't heard much from in addition to possible announcements (new controller, new PS3 SKU for Europe?). Then TGS is for the Japanese games we haven't heard much from recently (Final Fantasy, White Knight Story ect.) and possible annoucments. Its like what Guerilla did with Killzone lol. Lower peoples expectations by releasing a pic from an older build (which wasn't really bad mind you) then shoot em through the roof by blowin that pic outta the water with the actual trailer.

Just in this analogy the "actual trailer" will be the three shows combined that'll shoot peoples expectations through the roof.

curryking1
07-21-2007, 04:30 AM
^That's a good thought I think about the spacing and timing of announcements.

julps31
07-21-2007, 04:44 AM
Yea that would be the perfect strategy to get peoples expectations high, raise excitment for the PS3 and improve the overall outlook on the PS3. E3 raised the bar...Leipzig will raise it a little further, and TGS will knock it off. But thats only if my prediction of there strategy is right.

After E3- :)

After Leipzig- :hugegrin:

After TGS-:shocked:

OG_Monkey
07-21-2007, 06:24 AM
which is 1st, this or TGS?

Newboi
07-21-2007, 06:25 AM
Leipzig is first

Danji
07-21-2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks to Danji on the PS3forums. His name is Darji, my name is Danji. Get it straight son!

Luis
07-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Its like what Guerilla did with Killzone lol. Lower peoples expectations by releasing a pic from an older build (which wasn't really bad mind you) then shoot em through the roof by blowin that pic outta the water with the actual trailer. Man, that's just not true. The first pic was from their latest build but it was leaked by USA Today. It's just that even though the pic itself didn't seem so great on its own, when looking at the same scene in motion it becomes apparent how impressive Killzone really is.

Z
07-21-2007, 11:48 AM
and the best part of Europe is that some of the best Sony teams are European. the people that brought Home, Eyetoy, Edge, LBP are from there. some of their biggest studios are there. Britain alone has around 3 or more like London Studio, Liverpool and Team Soho. :pinky:
I am not sure if the PSN platform was developed there as well or not, but I think so.
PS. although the mind behind the Eyetoy is Dr. Marks who is American, his work, team and location in in Europe.)

His name is Darji, my name is Danji. Get it straight son!

you have a twin?

LaLiLuLeLo
07-21-2007, 07:38 PM
More like a doppleganger alternate dimension nemesis!

julps31
07-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Man, that's just not true. The first pic was from their latest build but it was leaked by USA Today. It's just that even though the pic itself didn't seem so great on its own, when looking at the same scene in motion it becomes apparent how impressive Killzone really is.You sure about that? The difference is pretty apperent to me. Even if it is true that there from the same build. Maybe its just a bad screen but it seems that its more then just the lighting that gives the other screen the realism. The textures look better to me and the anti-aliasing looks better in the second screen. *ducks from Cpi's grasp*

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a176/julphotobucket1/Killzone2_screenshot_1.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a176/julphotobucket1/70884164620070711141418.jpg

KRA
07-21-2007, 07:43 PM
diffrence is in lighting which is different just because the source of light in this room is different.

julps31
07-21-2007, 07:52 PM
Eh..maybe. Either way it was the perfect first screen to release (even they didn't actually release it) to lower peoples expectations lol.

Z
07-21-2007, 09:57 PM
that pic was indeed captured from the trailer. look at one of the videos and you'll see the same exact scene where it was taken from. now, I agree that it wasn't the best capture, and maybe it was intentional, I don't know. but the game is kick ass and puts all other shooters to shame in my book. and the day this comes out is the day I take a week off of work, buy a week's worth of junk food and lock myself in heaven!

julps31
07-21-2007, 11:14 PM
that pic was indeed captured from the trailer. look at one of the videos and you'll see the same exact scene where it was taken from. now, I agree that it wasn't the best capture, and maybe it was intentional, I don't know. but the game is kick ass and puts all other shooters to shame in my book. and the day this comes out is the day I take a week off of work, buy a week's worth of junk food and lock myself in heaven!You and a ton of other people (myself included) lol. Like I said in the thread about PS3 killer apps, I could really see Killzone being Playstations Halo if it lives up to the hype and is a solid well made game. And really considering the quality control a team of there size provides (and the time they've had to work on it), I almost find it hard to believe that it wont at least be above average.

Z
07-22-2007, 12:06 AM
it suddenly hit me; Resistance 2 will blow the first one out of the water! just look what they're doing with R&C!

yup, PS3's future just keeps getting brighter and brighter. :)

BruceWayneIII
07-22-2007, 12:37 AM
that pic was indeed captured from the trailer. look at one of the videos and you'll see the same exact scene where it was taken from. now, I agree that it wasn't the best capture, and maybe it was intentional, I don't know. but the game is kick ass and puts all other shooters to shame in my book. and the day this comes out is the day I take a week off of work, buy a week's worth of junk food and lock myself in hell!

Fixed ;)