PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero/DDR Do they work on PS3?

Siraris
07-19-2007, 09:28 PM
If so, what do you need to get them to work? Just a USB adapter?

BahnNZ
07-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Yup, USB to PS2 adaptor.

DDR is no problem but there has been reports of problems with Guitar Hero. I got GH2 USA coming next week, it's the only reason I keep my PS2 around, I'll tell you how I got on.

Derrick Barra
07-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Yup, USB to PS2 adaptor.

DDR is no problem but there has been reports of problems with Guitar Hero. I got GH2 USA coming next week, it's the only reason I keep my PS2 around, I'll tell you how I got on.

Say what? I've tried a couple of different PS2 to USB adapters and none of them worked because there was no way to hit the "PS" button. I was really hoping to get DDR working but according to the information I found out the only device that was being created to get around this issue was stopped during creation because it was reportedly not possible to get it working.

Siraris
07-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Say what? I've tried a couple of different PS2 to USB adapters and none of them worked because there was no way to hit the "PS" button. I was really hoping to get DDR working but according to the information I found out the only device that was being created to get around this issue was stopped during creation because it was reportedly not possible to get it working.

Didn't they stop requiring hitting the PS button in the last update?

BahnNZ
07-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Would have though DDR would be easy....! Learn something new everyday.

I play PS2 games on my PS3 with just USB with no problems.

edoshin
07-19-2007, 11:27 PM
I'd like to retire my ps2 also, but GH is one of my favorite games, plus DDR.