PDA

View Full Version : Fatal Inertia crawls back to PS3

Fats
07-18-2007, 11:29 AM
Sci-fi racer Fatal Inertia is now a PS3 title once again, after jumping ship more times than a pirate on a pogo stick (rubbish joke - sorry.)

The game was one of two games that Koei chief Kenji Matsubara showed at Sony's PlayStation Premier this week, which came as a surprise after Koei cancelled plans to release the game as a PS3 launch title, and had pledge it to Xbox 360 instead.

So it seems the futuristic hover car racer will be making its way to a Sixaxis near you soon.

Source (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=168316)

Luis
07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Cool... I guess.

curryking1
07-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Too bad it still looks like garbage... if only it could get back to that CG from 05, then I'd give a damn.

Nameless
07-18-2007, 01:33 PM
:whogives:

TEEDA
07-18-2007, 03:13 PM
Damnn....I want Ni oH Back too !!! lol

yankeefan06
07-18-2007, 03:28 PM
What ever happened to that game? It just disappeared out of nowhere.

Z
07-18-2007, 03:29 PM
reading the news of this jumping back and forth only reminds me of the cruel reality of our shitty 'reporting' this industry is cursed with.

:whogives:
futuristic combat racing fans! it looks gorgeous and having only one title in that genre ain't enough for this gamer.
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa188/shmookins/emos/goodjob.gif

you'll be seeing Dynasty Warriors on PS3 at TGS- which would be practically the same.

zero 7
07-18-2007, 04:07 PM
who cares wipeout coming out it'll only kill it amyway

Fats
07-18-2007, 04:09 PM
I love how we've all disregarded this game as a piece of shit because it reportedly jumped ship to the 360 and made its way back to the PS3. Christ, why compare it to Wipeout when we haven't even played this?

BahnNZ
07-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Well, you can make one comparison...

Wipeout HD, game with proven track record and legion of fans = $10
Fatal Inertia = $60

But yeah, give it the benefit of the doubt... I guess...

TEEDA
07-18-2007, 04:12 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2007/07/medium_fatalinertiabackps3.jpg

Fats
07-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Why can't I remember Ni-Oh?

TEEDA
07-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Why can't I remember Ni-Oh?

http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/67241/Ni-Oh%20002_qjpreviewth.jpg:excited:

I always remember this kicked ass trailer with the badass dynastie warriors rocking music style !

Fats
07-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Lmao, still don't remember it in the slightest. Must have never been on my Radar in the first place.

TEEDA
07-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Lmao, still don't remember it in the slightest. Must have never been on my Radar in the first place.

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/711/711566/vid_1197041.html

here it is, it was supposed to be a badass samurai action game , and there was a movie but it was cancelled I think.

Z
07-18-2007, 04:21 PM
I love how we've all disregarded this game as a piece of shit because it reportedly jumped ship to the 360 and made its way back to the PS3. Christ, why compare it to Wipeout when we haven't even played this?

not all of us. I've always been interesting in this game since 05- especially after seeing the latest pics prior to E3.

as for Wipeout, FI does a few things differentaly to warrant it's own crowed. and as I said, one game isn't enough. Wipeout is fantastic. but this isn't Wipeout and it brings fresh breath to the very limited genre.

me is http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa188/shmookins/emos/singer.gif with the game.

EvilTaru
07-18-2007, 04:23 PM

I'm certainly not disregarding this game as a piece of shit, and it certainly has a chance of turning out to be a good game, but considering Wipeout is a known and beloved franchise and Wipeout HD is coming out this winter, it takes away a lot of the excitement surrounding FI following the multiplatform announcement and subsequent delay of the PS3 version which certainly has damaged the IP's chances of success. It essentially went from "oh I'll play this while waiting for Wipeout to come out on the PS3" to "onoz multiplatform now xbots sez FU sonybots MS took exclusive away" to "yeah really xbots don't actually give a shit about the game for even one second but now Wipeout HD is coming out I don't give a **** either". Right now it's a multiplatform IP stuck in the middle of one of the most bitter console wars and I'm not sure either side really cares that much about it other than using it as ammo to be honest, and no I don't think either platform holder will bother to really push this game marketing-wise as they have much bigger fish to fry, it's probably destined to fall through the cracks, since it simply won't get the exposure it needs to generate enough consumer interest.

That said, I look forward to seeing a more complete build of the game.

GTAce
07-18-2007, 04:29 PM
I must say the last screens were awesome.
It could turn out to be a good game but on the other side i think WipeOut will blow this away.

Viper
07-18-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't think I've ever seen such indecisiveness in a publisher/developer before.

Luis
07-18-2007, 04:34 PM
It was supposed to be a Japanese launch title (11-11-2006) according to the TGS 2006 trailer, and now there isn't even a release date and somehow the 360 version will come out sooner. It gives you no confidence on the quality of the PS3 version, even though it performed very well when we last saw gameplay on PS3. I guess it's not fun at all to play :shrug:

LaLiLuLeLo
07-18-2007, 08:00 PM
the game jumping back and forth on consoles does not bode well for its development...

dockthepod
07-18-2007, 08:54 PM
UE3 is to blame. It sounds like the problems have been fixed (with help from Sony) so they should be able to bring it back over to ps3 without too much pain.

LiquidEagle
07-18-2007, 08:56 PM
UE3 is to blame. It sounds like the problems have been fixed (with help from Sony) so they should be able to bring it back over to ps3 without too much pain.

That's a good point.

However, this game has fallen way off my radar since it was first announced, and better things have already been announced and will be coming out (probably sooner). I had forgotten about this game until all that news of it going to 360 surfaced, so this one was as good as dead in my mind and I didn't feel like I was missing out. :-p

LaLiLuLeLo
07-18-2007, 08:58 PM
This game is like Sean Puffy Combs changing his name all the time, and people have stopped caring.

gozirah
07-18-2007, 09:03 PM
I am sort of glad that Fatal Inertia is throwing its hat in to this so called genre of futuristic racing. I think the Wipeout community is resistant to significant change, so the whole emphasis on destructible/changeable environments in Fatal Inertia can reside safely outside of Wipeout, while at the same time may prompt some competitive inspiration.

OmniStalgic
07-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Didn't Sony just make a deal with for the Unreal engine to be optimized for Ps3 development?

Who knows Fatal Inertial may just work out on PS3:shrug:

The real Wipeout isn't coming this year anyway..

makeitlookreal
07-18-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm glad it's back for the PS3. The game does not look awful. I think it has a lot of potential.

LaLiLuLeLo
07-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah I mean, what I saw looked fun, and I hope it's a good or great game, I'd buy it. But koei needs to get their damn act together.

curryking1
07-18-2007, 11:34 PM

I dunno who 'we' is, but I'm pretty sure I've disregarded this game ever since we saw the first screenshots and every subsequent screenshot of this game looking like a big ball of crap.

I personally don't want to give it the benefit of the doubt because I have about zero confidence in Koei now and I never have. I've never looked at them as a strong publisher.

I'm hoping it can be a great game and all, but for myself I'm not seeing why I should expect very much.