PDA

View Full Version : HS, Lair, Warhawk, Killzone, and R&C all in September?

SleazyBig slim
04-06-2007, 10:00 PM
http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=377#more-377

"September is shaping up to be a big month for PS3 games. That’s when we’ll see Heavenly Sword, the ultra-responsive arena-based swordfighting game, innovative dragon-fighting game Lair and the air, foot and vehicle combat game WarHawk, which is still looking likely to be released over the PlayStation Network rather than in the shops. First-person shooter Killzone, too, should surface in September, as well as the first PS3 version of Ratchet & Clank."

Yeah sure ok whatever. I thought 3speech was a legitament Sony affiliated site, well they certainly shouldn't post bogus info like this.

woundingchaney
04-06-2007, 10:02 PM
I as well cant see this many high profile titles coming along in September. I look for them to stagger the releases throughout the end of the summer or beginning of fall into the holiday season (thats if we dont see the inevitable delay somewhere, LOL).

One can never have to many AAA titles on Christmas :)

Nameless
04-06-2007, 10:04 PM
We could see Lair in the near future and Warhawk late summer.
I doubt we will see Killzone this year...

I have the feeling HS & R&C will drop in the fall.

cliffbo
04-06-2007, 10:05 PM
thanks to SleazyBig slim

FUTURE PS3 GAMES
Filed under: PS3 NEWS, GAMES — Three Speech April 6, 2007 @ 8:46 am

So now we’ve got our PS3s and we’ve been getting stuck into those launch games. Which is all very exciting, but we wouldn’t be human if we didn’t have the odd sneaky thought about what is coming up next. So it would seem to be appropriate to gaze wistfully at promised future PS3 delights.

Before looking at specifics, we can make some more general observations. Until next year, the onus will very much be on Sony’s internal studios to come up with PS3 exclusives. Many of this year’s most wanted games will be coming out on the Xbox 360 as well, including some efforts which have traditionally come out first on PlayStations of yore – Phil Harrison, interestingly, explained at the Bloggers’ Round Table at GDC that the PS3’s projected installed base (at least in 2007) didn’t justify paying out the money to secure PS3 exclusives. So, it will be a while before PS3 owners will really start earning bragging rights over people with Xbox 360s.

There’s going to be a slight lull in terms of new PS3 releases – many of the games which just missed launch will now appear in September. There is one major Sony-developed release that will arrive before then, though: SingStar PS3. Which, of course, will let us download our favourite tracks over the PlayStation Network, so that we can mangle them with our inept vocal stylings.

Another imminent release which is also coming out on the Xbox 360 is 2K Games’ The Darkness. An absolutely insane first-person shoot-em-up developed by Starbreeze (of Chronicles of Riddick fame), The Darkness originated as a comic-
book, and features a New York Mafia storyline, bizarre super-powers (including gremlin-like Darklings) you derive from dark places, and an alternative universe (home to The Darkness itself) in which World War I is permanently fought. Deeply freaky stuff.

Another hotly anticipated title from 2K Games (also appearing on Xbox 360) is BioShock. BioShock’s lineage can be traced back to the revered System Shock 2. Essentially an RPG, although it majors on shooting, BioShock will certainly be one of the most visually stunning games ever – it’s set in an abandoned underwater city built by a billionaire in the Art Deco style.

Of course, the big one, that we’re all waiting for, is Grand Theft Auto IV. You may have seen the first trailer for it, which was recently unleashed on the web, so you’ll know that it’s set in the Big Apple. Beyond that, we don’t know much about it – Rockstar Games always keeps a tight lid on GTA games before they come out. And GTA IV, too, will be out on Xbox 360. But, of course, it will be a must-buy.

One rare third-party game that should be exclusive to the PS3 is Square Enix’s latest epic RPG, Final Fantasy XIII. In fact, PS3 owners with a Final Fantasy fetish will be truly spoiled, as Square Enix is developing another, more action-oriented game called Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Nobody knows when either game will appear, but Final Fantasy XIII, at least, should see the light in time for this Christmas.

And then, of course, there’s Konami’s Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Hideo Kojima’s next-gen sneak-em-up will be a PS3 exclusive. It’s slated for a 2007 release but, Given Kojima’s track record, you’d have to be a bit sceptical about whether it will be ready this year rather than next year.

September is shaping up to be a big month for PS3 games. That’s when we’ll see Heavenly Sword, the ultra-responsive arena-based swordfighting game, innovative dragon-fighting game Lair and the air, foot and vehicle combat game WarHawk, which is still looking likely to be released over the PlayStation Network rather than in the shops. First-person shooter Killzone, too, should surface in September, as well as the first PS3 version of Ratchet & Clank.

Another interesting title – which was originally slated to be a PS3 exclusive, but which will now appear on Xbox 360 as well – is Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed. This is essentially a stealth game, but casts you as an assassin in the
Crusades-era Middle East. Which instantly makes it stand out from the crowd. Factor in superb visuals and powerful crowd-AI, and it looks as though Assassin’s Creed will be one of those titles you can point at and use as an example of what next-gen games are all about. It should be ready in time for
Christmas.

Looking a bit further ahead, there are persistent rumours that Sony Liverpool is working on a new version of the much-loved, ultra-cool WipEout. Alas, that won’t be ready until next year,although there could be an HD-ised version of the PSP’s WipEout Fusion to keep us going in the interim. Sony’s London Studios are working on a PS3 version of gangster action franchise The Getaway – again slated for a 2008 release – and another mysterious action-adventure game called Eight Days, which was demoed at E3 last year. And then there’s the innovative safari sim Afrika, which looks amazing, although very little is known about its gameplay, other than that it will partly involve getting you to operate as a wildlife photographer.

Capcom’s much-anticipated action-adventure game Devil May Cry 4 should reach us well before the end of the year (again, it will be a cross-platform game rather than a PS3 exclusive), although it looks like we’ll have to wait until 2008 for the mouth-watering zombie-slasher Resident Evil 5.

And, of course, we couldn’t write a piece about the PS3’s most-anticipated titles without mentioning Gran Turismo 5. Kazunori Yamauchi abandoned his original plans to make Gran Turismo HD Concept a full-blown game in order to
concentrate on GT5.He’s a famous perfectionist, so we shouldn’t expect it to be ready for this Christmas. But when it arrives, we can guarantee that it will have been worth the wait.

GTAce
04-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Damn this is gonna be an expensive Christmas for my family and friends. :laugh:

SleazyBig slim
04-06-2007, 10:09 PM
Oh yeah they also mention Bioshock coming to PS3, this I believe. It might not come at the same time as the 360 version, but its coming.

Shogun042
04-06-2007, 10:17 PM
wow what am i gonna play this summer then?

NeoPlayStation
04-06-2007, 10:20 PM
*cof*cof (http://www.e-mpire.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1479098&postcount=441)

dnpmakkah
04-06-2007, 10:21 PM
Interesting if the Bioshock rumor is true as most 360 owners claim it is exclusive and one of their 'reasons' for owning the console but hopefully it is true. The game looks good and seems different which I love. Very atmospheric in nature.

As far as the rest of the article not much to say there. A lot of it seems off. That's too many games to come out in September, maybe the guy meant no earlier then September but what do I know.

Also Assains Creed near Christmas? If the blog is true then that means several games are delayed among them being Lair, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, and Assasins Creed which would suck if true.

What ever happended to Stranglehold? That should be coming out in May theoretically right?

Shogun042
04-06-2007, 10:26 PM
according to NeoGAF it's a handed in freelance article.

it doesn't make sense from a business prospective though - you don't wait two weeks and take a shit, you spread it out and do it on a regular basis. much better for your body and in this case for your consumers.

VonGak
04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Meh, do we really have to debate bad journalism?

SCE WW isn't even equipt for that kind of destribution (would also be a waste of money).

tapion92
04-06-2007, 11:06 PM
ill be getting ever single one of these amazing games on my birthday! =)

cliffbo
04-06-2007, 11:07 PM
ill be getting ever single one of these amazing games on my birthday! =)

you hope!

Red_Eyes
04-06-2007, 11:10 PM
http://threespeech.com/blog/?p=377#more-377

"September is shaping up to be a big month for PS3 games. That’s when we’ll see Heavenly Sword, the ultra-responsive arena-based swordfighting game, innovative dragon-fighting game Lair and the air, foot and vehicle combat game WarHawk, which is still looking likely to be released over the PlayStation Network rather than in the shops. First-person shooter Killzone, too, should surface in September, as well as the first PS3 version of Ratchet & Clank."

Yeah sure ok whatever. I thought 3speech was a legitament Sony affiliated site, well they certainly shouldn't post bogus info like this.

3Speech ain't a leigtament Sony affiliated site.

Siraris
04-07-2007, 12:04 AM
I really hope that Killzone is far enough along to blow people out of the water, or else they should not be releasing it in September. I'd rather it come out in 2008 than come out before it's perfect.

I'm really disappointed that Lair and HS aren't coming out til then :( There's like, nothing for the system between April and September... well, Sigma and HSG 5. But that's not anything to get THAT psyched about.

Shogun042
04-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Well on the WarHawk official site it lists the game as coming out "Fall 2007".

http://www.us.playstation.com/Warhawk/?ILC-PS3_1303&LINK=WHOGS

gibmonster
04-07-2007, 12:09 AM
I'll be getting every one of these games, but I doubt Sony would want to release all these high profile titles all at once. It's just too good.

frosty
04-07-2007, 02:15 AM
3Speech ain't a leigtament Sony affiliated site.

They are directly funded by Sony.

Luis
04-07-2007, 02:19 AM
Funded by Sony? Really?

Anyway, they're an unofficial blog with a direct relationship with Sony.

EvilTaru
04-07-2007, 05:01 AM
The site itself is connected to Sony but the stuff on the site like the blogs sometimes aren't always accurate.

OmniStalgic
04-07-2007, 06:34 AM
I think we'll certainly see these titles in 07...but all in September:huh: I doubt it....We really only need like 2 hits a month plus multi-platform hits.... There's but so many games people can play at once..

Diresu
04-07-2007, 06:53 AM
I think we'll certainly see these titles in 07...but all in September:huh: I doubt it....We really only need like 2 hits a month plus multi-platform hits.... There's but so many games people can play at once..

Woudln't be to smart to release so many in 1 month, yea. Spread out in order to avoid having dry months is the way to go.

JosVerstappen
04-07-2007, 11:14 AM
I expect Warhawk and R&C in august. HS and Lair in september. And since GTA will suck up every spended game-dime in oktober, no competetion from big titles in that month. So Killzone will come in november. And MGS4 will be december.

That's my guess.

Luis
04-07-2007, 11:41 AM
The second half of this year is going to be absolutely crazy.

E3 in July.
Leipzig GC in August.
TGS in September.
Home in October.
Many huge franchises and AAA new IPs most likely coming between September and December.

And who knows what else! I think it will be a great time to be a PS3 owner, mostly between September 2007 and March 2008, IMO.

GTAce
04-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Leipzig GC in August.

I dont think there will be something new or great.

Luis
04-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I dont think there will be something new or great.There could always be some announcements, but since E3 will have been so close to it this year and Sony will have so much to announce in July, I don't know what to expect. Interestingly however, the Home open beta starts in August...

Regarding PS3 news, it sucked last year because Sony only showed a few videos (a new MGS4 sequence among them though) and there were only a few playable multiplatform games that pretty much nobody cared about. They probably didn't want to have a great presence since they knew they were going to announce shortly after that the European launch was going to be delayed.

This year, things could be different :cowboy:

FantasyGhost
04-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Could it be they're holding off because of the immersion deal sony made? So they can add the "next gen rumble" in it?

Segitz
04-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I dont think so...

This would f*ck up all early adopters (not as bad as MS with the Elite though, pads are a wee bit cheaper^^).

I looked at the UK webpage of playstation.com and it says, that Lair will come "June - September" and HS in "September".

I cannot think of any good reason to release 4 or more high profile games in less than 1 month. This sort of business would not make sense, or they "know" when the other companies will strike (Halo 3) and they "merely" counter this.

I think, Lair will be released earlier than the rest (at least I hope so), as Sony needs to get some games out. Else, there wont be any exclusive games up until September. Ok, summer is not the most profitable time of the year, but this would set Sony in a bad light (we already have enough bad PR). Also saying, that some of these games were slated for LAUNCH! and now they're being postponed nearly one year, is a bit strange.

But if this holds any credence, Sony is up for a MAJOR christmas season! About 10 high profile games in its first real christmas is nothing to laugh at

gibmonster
04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
I dont think so...

This would f*ck up all early adopters (not as bad as MS with the Elite though, pads are a wee bit cheaper^^).

I looked at the UK webpage of playstation.com and it says, that Lair will come "June - September" and HS in "September".

I cannot think of any good reason to release 4 or more high profile games in less than 1 month. This sort of business would not make sense, or they "know" when the other companies will strike (Halo 3) and they "merely" counter this.

I think, Lair will be released earlier than the rest (at least I hope so), as Sony needs to get some games out. Else, there wont be any exclusive games up until September. Ok, summer is not the most profitable time of the year, but this would set Sony in a bad light (we already have enough bad PR). Also saying, that some of these games were slated for LAUNCH! and now they're being postponed nearly one year, is a bit strange.

But if this holds any credence, Sony is up for a MAJOR christmas season! About 10 high profile games in its first real christmas is nothing to laugh at

True. I think we'll see one or two titles getting released a bit earlier. with the other titles being released about a month apart. It's crazy.

gozirah
04-09-2007, 01:32 AM
No, I don't think next gen rumble is holding any game up. Developers were not planning on it, so their games are intact without it. If they wanted to included it they could do it through updates.

I also don't think suddenly introducing rumble would make any early adopters upset. Its not like a hard drive or a next gen disk format. You can pick up a new controller without having to install anything. And those who choose not to get a new rumble SIXAXIS still get the same game except without the finger numbness syndrome.

It just means developers will have to make games playable without rumble, which has worked so far (except for Rez).

LiquidEagle
04-09-2007, 02:02 AM
I will gladly replace my controllers with ones with rumble, and it's the reason I haven't picked up a 4th SIXAXIS controller...

dnpmakkah
04-09-2007, 02:38 AM
I still only have 1 controller and its the one that came packed with the system. So if Sony implements rumble with sixaxis I would glady buy some. I want the best of both worlds.

gozirah
04-09-2007, 02:44 AM
heck, in some situations, you might like to have a super light controller sans rumble. Introducing your next gen rumble don't make your old controller obsolete.

dnpmakkah
04-09-2007, 02:49 AM
^ I do like the fact that it is virtually weighless.

LiquidEagle
04-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Chances are I would trade my old controllers in, but that depends largely on what the new controller would be like and plenty of variables... we'll just have to see, but hopefully something is announced by E3 (at least in time enough for Kojima to implement if he has better ideas than he's already putting in)

LaLiLuLeLo
04-09-2007, 04:32 AM
I have 4 controllers :doh:

BahnNZ
04-09-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeeeeeup. Other than NG Sigma, nothing doing until September. Thank god you can play movies and PS2 games on this thing.

<*Goes into hibernation until September*>

dnpmakkah
04-09-2007, 04:55 PM
When contacted for comment by GameSpot, a Sony representative pointed out that Three Speech is a semi-official blog handled by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and said the only game on the list with a confirmed US date is Lair, which should arrive in July.

The Three Speech blog has since been updated with a notice that reads, "There is currently no indication that BioShock will come out on the PS3. Apologies for the previously inaccurate information."

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168749.html?tag=latestnews;title;0

Segitz
04-09-2007, 08:33 PM
After this "strange" post at Threespeech, I am pretty sure, that it will come to the PS3. It bares some similarity to DMC and Sega somehow.

I just hope, Lair shows up before 29th of May^^, I have one week free time during term :P

LiquidEagle
04-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Damn I hope Lair makes it before the end of July or I'll be very sad...

Shogun042
04-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Damn then maybe Gamestop was right in saying it's coming 7/31/07.

then Heavenly Sword in September, but what comes out between now and July? That's like a 3 month drought.

EDIT: Besides SingStar, i won't be getting that game.

dnpmakkah
04-09-2007, 09:36 PM
^ If July is the when the first BIG game comes out then I would suggest until then we will pretty much get multiplatform titles and PSN downloadable games (remember there is always the Home beta trial). It does suck but it only puts further emphasis on the holiday season which will help usher in 2008.

The 360 took the same path last year. It was quite boring durings it few months after launch. It continued that way till mid summer. The 360 didn't start to hit it's peak till Gears of War came out (it's first BIG exclusive gun) that was a whole 12 months later. The only other games that made a splash were hits such as Ghost Recon, R6, Splinter Cell, Saints Row and Dead Rising but most of these are multiplatform and will be coming out for the PS3 anyways. Infact these very same games will be coming out between now and July so you can always play them till the real games hit. Plus there will be fun mulitplatform games along the way like Dark Sector and Stranglehold to hold you over.

But once July rolls out it should be one big game a month if things hold true. That would mean in roughly 7 months the PS3 will be getting its first BIG exclusive gun (although some might put Resistance and Motorstorm up there too).

July = Lair
August = Warhawk
September = Heavenly Sword
October = Killzone
November = GTAIV
December = Metal Gear Solid

.......or something along those lines. Then we have other games such as Drakes Fortune, Rachet & Clank and FFXIII all of which is supposed to come out in 2007 but who knows. I know there is a lull right now but once it hits it will be a BANG.

Remember the 360 is hitting its stride during year 2 and yet it seems the PS3 will be hitting it's stride during month 7. Kind of puts things in perspective.

Shogun042
04-09-2007, 11:22 PM
er i think you got GTA IV and Killzone backwards but yeah i see what you're saying. RB6 Vegas should be coming out soon, then there's Spiderman, Pirates of the Carribean, etc, to hold me over til July.