PDA

View Full Version : Could fall 2007 be a repeat of fall 2001?

SleazyBig slim
03-02-2007, 06:21 PM
2001 was the best gaming year in history and has yet to be matched. MGS2, GTA3, DMC, and GT3 just to name a few and these were all PS2 games of'course. I know its a long shot but if PS3 gets MGS4, DMC4, NG Sigma, Killzone, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Ratchet & Clank, and the Naughty Dog game all this year then this will be by far the best line up in gaming history. PS2's 2001 aint got **** on this. Now Motorstorm is coming out next week, Warhawk maybe coming this year as well, but its anybody's guess for the rest of the games I named, but damn if Sony pulls this off this wont be topped for a very long time me thinks.

totobeni
03-02-2007, 06:27 PM
you should add ICO to your list it was out in fall 2001 ...anyway

pretty much Lair , HS , DMC4 , Killzone 2 , Uncharted , Ratchet & clanck Future , NG Sigma , Eye of judgment and many more ...so yeah ..its PS2's 2001 all over again

cliffbo
03-02-2007, 06:29 PM
naaaa... fella, its going to walk all over 2001. gaming is going to change forever

Z
03-02-2007, 06:29 PM
you forgot Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword and other Sony first party titles coming out this year. ;)

SleazyBig slim
03-02-2007, 06:41 PM
you forgot Tekken 6, Heavenly Sword and other Sony first party titles coming out this year. ;)

Damn I did, and it just made me realize even more hor this year will kill 2001.

dnpmakkah
03-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Even though GTAIV isn't exclusive I would still put that in the list as it will always feel like a Sony 'only' game.

<3frosty
03-02-2007, 06:58 PM
This wont just be great for the PS3 as u so narrow-mindedly mentioned, btw, why just a season? why not the whole year? Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Strikers: Charged, BioShock, Halo 3 (eh, maybe, im still in doubt), God of War 2, Half-life 2 Orange Box edition (HL2 Episode 2 and add-ons), Assassins Creed... i could probably name a bunch of others.

Also, i think last year's November was probably the best month of gaming ever. We had the release of the PS3, Wii, Zelda, Gears of War, Guitar Hero 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Resistance, Call of Duty 3, Viva Pinata... i mean, wow. all in one month. AND, i believe Resident Evil 4 was reduced to only 19.99 that month as well.

NickSCFC
03-02-2007, 06:59 PM
2001 was the best gaming year in history and has yet to be matched.
WRONG! 1996 was, with Resi Evil 1, Tomb Raider 1, Nights, Quake, Virtua Fighter 2, Tekken 2...

closely followed by 2004 with Halo 2, Half Life 2 and Doom 3...

woop de woop nigga whaaaat!

gottig10
03-02-2007, 07:08 PM
WRONG! 1996 was, with Resi Evil 1, Tomb Raider 1, Nights, Quake, Virtua Fighter 2, Tekken 2...

closely followed by 2004 with Halo 2, Half Life 2 and Doom 3...

woop de woop nigga whaaaat!

THAT LINE UP YOU JUST POSTED IS BS COMPARED TO THE ONE THE ORGINAL POSTER PUT UP.

YOU LOOSE

SleazyBig slim
03-02-2007, 07:13 PM
This wont just be great for the PS3 as u so narrow-mindedly mentioned, btw, why just a season? why not the whole year? Super Mario Galaxy, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Mario Strikers: Charged, BioShock, Halo 3 (eh, maybe, im still in doubt), God of War 2, Half-life 2 Orange Box edition (HL2 Episode 2 and add-ons), Assassins Creed... i could probably name a bunch of others.

Also, i think last year's November was probably the best month of gaming ever. We had the release of the PS3, Wii, Zelda, Gears of War, Guitar Hero 2, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Resistance, Call of Duty 3, Viva Pinata... i mean, wow. all in one month. AND, i believe Resident Evil 4 was reduced to only 19.99 that month as well.

Well i'm a PlayStation only gamer sooo.... Still waiting for the others to give me a reason to pick up their consoles. Not to bash but I owned all 3 consoles last gen and bought the PS2 last and instantly liked and played it more then the other two.

NickSCFC
03-02-2007, 07:19 PM
THAT LINE UP YOU JUST POSTED IS BS COMPARED TO THE ONE THE ORGINAL POSTER PUT UP.

YOU LOOSE

Oh, forgot Mario 64...

YOU LOSE!

<3frosty
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Well i'm a PlayStation only gamer sooo.... Still waiting for the others to give me a reason to pick up their consoles. Not to bash but I owned all 3 consoles last gen and bought the PS2 last and instantly liked and played it more then the other two.

Xbox 360 has plenty of reasons why u should pick one up, if the online gaming isnt enough. And the Wii will have plenty more before the year is out. Im more pumped about Mario Galaxy then i have been for almost ANY game. And that is saying something. Besides, are u saying u have a PS3 NOW, but didnt have enough reasons to pick up a 360 or Wii before? What are u smoking?

<3frosty
03-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh, forgot Mario 64...

YOU LOSE!

Mario 64 ftw! That game was epic beyond comprehension.

SleazyBig slim
03-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Xbox 360 has plenty of reasons why u should pick one up, if the online gaming isnt enough. And the Wii will have plenty more before the year is out. Im more pumped about Mario Galaxy then i have been for almost ANY game. And that is saying something. Besides, are u saying u have a PS3 NOW, but didnt have enough reasons to pick up a 360 or Wii before? What are u smoking?

Thats right, I have a PS3 now and didn't have any reason to pick up a 360. I don't care much for most american or western developed games so I know the system is not for me, i've had expereince with the 1st one to know that, had xbl the whole works. Please respect my opinion, I respect yours.

<3frosty
03-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Thats right, I have a PS3 now and didn't have any reason to pick up a 360. I don't care much for most american or western developed games so I know the system is not for me, i've had expereince with the 1st one to know that, had xbl the whole works. Please respect my opinion, I respect yours.

not everyone has the same tastes, and thats fine. The Wii has a killer lineup coming though.

gibmonster
03-02-2007, 10:45 PM
This year is gonna crap on 2001. Period.

Z
03-02-2007, 10:54 PM
This wont just be great for the PS3 as u so narrow-mindedly mentioned...
he is in the PS3 section. he specifically talks about PS consoles and didn't mention anything about the other formats. what is wrong with that? go to the Ninty section and make a similar thread or the general gaming section and combine all systems. sheesh...

PS. along with 2001, I remember 1998 to be one hell of a year with GT, Tekken 3, MGS, Ace Combat and many others.

looking forward to this years offerings. :)

rpgamer_2k5
03-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Xbox 360 will matter when those RPGs, platformers and action-adventure titles appear. Those FPS clones right now are downright boring and that's why the Xbox 360's sales are not stellar.

That's going to change, though. ;)

OmniStalgic
03-03-2007, 12:42 AM
^Not when FF13 and Versus debut they wont;)

lol...seriously though...the competition really has made a lot of choice options for many people...

PS3 and Wii is where it's at for me this gen though..

jaxmkii
03-03-2007, 01:35 AM
not everyone has the same tastes, and thats fine. The Wii has a killer lineup coming though.

what is the big Wii lineup

OmniStalgic
03-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers are the big ones for me...Plus there will be a slew of awesome Wii-only games that use the controller like Sonic Rings, Monkey Balls, Wario Ware etc...Will be a good year for the system...

Krad
03-03-2007, 03:39 AM
he is in the PS3 section. he specifically talks about PS consoles and didn't mention anything about the other formats. what is wrong with that? go to the Ninty section and make a similar thread or the general gaming section and combine all systems. sheesh...

If only it was a populated as the Sony forum... :(

what is the big Wii lineup

Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, and Super Mario Galaxy. Those are the main ones, when are they coming out? No Clue. Did I buy the system on launch for specifically these games? Fuck Yea. :mario:

OmniStalgic
03-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Back on Topic though...Many sites were pegging 2008 for the big year for PS3, but if these games release on schedule man...then WOW. I think many people will fork out the cash to play em...

I'm not going to list all the games that will be hit in each territory, but Sony has something for everyone in 2007 alone...They just have to come out in time...

PhYmon
03-03-2007, 04:15 PM
U know! We dont have to be afraid for PS3's stand position (Last position)..

Because it does have everything the developers might need in the near and long future..

Years are passing by, the more (years) they will demand more power out of the processor, RAM, Graphics chip, etc, they will need demand more space (in terms of disc storage), and more of everything.. and the only console that have all those things is the PS3..

Remember that PS3 its only 4 months old.. and IBM already said they will help developers to reach the highest potencial that Cell can get right now! if developers get to know the real power of that CPU we all win..