PDA

View Full Version : Mouse support on XMB with FW 1.51?

Epix
02-14-2007, 03:00 PM
Not sure if this is new or not:

I have the latest firmware, and noticed just today that I was able to navigate around the XMB with the mouse and buttons.On the XMB, the right mouse click seem to function same as the triangle button.

I also noticed on the PS3 web browser, the right mouse click now brings up the menus (F1 on the board, and triangle button on the SixAxis)

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=805290

jaxmkii
02-14-2007, 03:08 PM
??? it didn't before?

OmniStalgic
02-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Hmm..nice addition...

Coded-Dude
02-14-2007, 04:56 PM
it didn't ORIGINALLY have the F1 functionality, but as far as I know it(and the keyboard) worked as PS buttons

cliffbo
02-14-2007, 08:55 PM
i think what Sony are doing with these updates is sheer brilliance! they have created a whole new kind of game: find the additions. it creates so much buzz as each person finds something new. much better than being told from day one. i tip my hat to you Sony...

nMIK-3
02-14-2007, 11:59 PM
But you still cannot use the keyboard and mouse to play a game...

If they do that is going to be great for the first person games!

Luis
02-15-2007, 12:05 AM
But you still cannot use the keyboard and mouse to play a game...

If they do that is going to be great for the first person games!I guess that will depend entirely of developer decisions. At least, there doesn't seem to be a restriction on Sony's side that would prevent them from allowing M+K support.

LaLiLuLeLo
02-15-2007, 04:03 AM
If they allow keyboard and mouse support they need to totally rebalance the game so people using it don't have a ridiculous advantage or disadvantage against people using a controller, so most developers just won't bother with the time.