PDA

View Full Version : Full Auto 2: Battlelines Review

Pumpkin Head
12-09-2006, 01:25 PM
7.5 Presentation
The menus and manual could use a little work, but not a shabby production by any means.
8.0 Graphics
Enhanced details on cars and scenery, as well as an improved (though not perfect) framerate.
8.0 Sound
Rockin' sound effects make it an aural treat, but the tunes are mostly forgettable.
7.5 Gameplay
New modes and content help push it above the last game, though a few tracks need help. Still has an unstable framerate.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
The online and arena battle modes will keep players coming back for more long after career mode is over.
7.8Good OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Closing Comments
Full Auto 2 improves on its predecessor in almost every way imaginable. The destructible environments work well and actually change the flow of every race and the battle arenas add variety. What's more, the game runs smoother and looks better than its older sibling. It's still light on story, so those looking for added narrative won't find it. Still, it's a safe bet most players didn't care about story the first time around. They'll care even less now thanks to all the added content
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/749/749978p1.html

Luis
12-09-2006, 02:07 PM
It became a decent game in the end.

curryking1
12-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Not bad.... probably inbetween a good rental and a buy for most people... but I'd soooo much have a new Twisted Metal. How awesome were those games??? Black was really good, I can't believe they only made 1 game on the PS2!!

Nameless
12-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Based on that review the game should have got an overall 8.0... :huh:

Leedogg
12-09-2006, 04:51 PM
The game looks good and will probably hold me over until a Twisted Metal game comes out.

cliffbo
12-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Full Auto 2 improves on its predecessor in almost every way imaginable. The destructible environments work well and actually change the flow of every race and the battle arenas add variety. What's more, the game runs smoother and looks better than its older sibling. It's still light on story, so those looking for added narrative won't find it. Still, it's a safe bet most players didn't care about story the first time around. They'll care even less now thanks to all the added content

but no doubt in the long run it will be worse...

venomv
12-09-2006, 06:57 PM
The game looks good and will probably hold me over until a Twisted Metal game comes out.

That is what I am hoping for too.....

Zer0-Sum
12-09-2006, 08:25 PM
I still want Twisted Metal made by Jaffe with on0line capabilities. If Resistance can handle, what, 40 people? Then so can Twisted Metal. Total chaos. And it will get a 9.0-1.0 I am sure. Come on Jaffe, I love GOW, but Twisted Metal is the stuff!!!

curryking1
12-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Based on that review the game should have got an overall 8.0... :huh:

???

Z
12-09-2006, 10:07 PM
good effort for a game this early- though it has been delayed a little. I will definitely download the demo when it releases. RR7 is just to tame for my taste. this should hold me up till I can get MotorStorm and definitely Burnout later in the coming year. :)

julps31
12-09-2006, 10:23 PM
A new Twisted Metal would be a sick addition to the PS3 line up. But this would be a decent game to quench our thirst for a car combat game.

Zer0-Sum
12-10-2006, 12:28 AM
A new Twisted Metal would be a sick addition to the PS3 line up. But this would be a decent game to quench our thirst for a car combat game.

Agreed, but we all know what the classic is....