PDA

View Full Version : Question for PS3 Owners - PS1, PS2 Games

sumbich
11-26-2006, 07:31 AM
I was wondering for all those who have the PS3, if you all have tried playing PS1 and PS2 games on it (though more related to PS1), and if you see a noticeable difference the from the upscaling as opposed to PS1 games on a standard TV. It just makes me wonder if PS1 games such as Resident Evil and Final Fantasy VII will look sharper from PS3 in HD.

Thanks in Advance :)

P.S. If you had pics too, that'd be fanTastiC. ;)

LaLiLuLeLo
11-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Um, you probably don't want to put ps2 and psone games upscaled to a higher resolution, because they weren't designed that way, so all you really get is a clearer crisper version of a last gen game where all the graphical flaws hidden by the lower, original resolution are laid bare.. So you see EVERYTHING, and it's not always prettier just because you upscaled.

BahnNZ
11-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Oh dear that's the wrong question to ask...

Through component, composite and s-video they don't look any worse, let's put it that way.

Luis
11-26-2006, 10:53 AM
I guess the only way they'd look better after they'd been scaled, and by using the HDMI output, would be after they've been enhanced by software emulation. Don't expect anything great before they upgrade the firmware.

Z
11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
in the mean time, you can play them on standard definition. just change your PS3 visual settings.

sumbich
11-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Cool, thanks for all the info guys. :)