PDA

View Full Version : Newsweek Article: Next Gen

dnpmakkah
11-20-2006, 04:51 PM
There's been some good games on the 360, don't get me wrong, but there haven't been enough to really get people unearthed from their current Xbox or their PlayStation 2." He contrasts the situation heading into 360's second holiday with the PS2's second holiday in 2001. Led by what he colorfully terms a "murderer's row" of hit games "Grand Theft Auto III, Final Fantasy X, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Devil May Cry "the PS2 rocketed to November-December sales of 2.9 million units. Of the 360's major holiday software titles "Microsoft's Gears of War, Ubisoft's Rainbow 6: Vegas and Splinter Cell: Double Agent, THQ's WWE Smackdown, EA's Need for Speed Carbon "all are expected to do well, but few expect them to have the collective hardware impact of the PS2's four musketeers.

We've learned that Take-Two and Rockstar Games were interested in continuing their longtime relationship with Sony, in which they premiered their Grand Theft Auto games on PlayStation platforms exclusively for 6-12 months before bringing them to other systems. Also, Ubisoft was interested in making Assassin's Creed, due in stores next spring, exclusive to the PS3. But neither company's top executives--all extremely important figures in the games industry--could get an answer from Kutaragi. PlayStation's Japanese headquarters was effectively radio silent, and without Kutaragi's signoff, the normally independent American and European branches had no authority to reach agreements on the exclusives they believed could be valuable to the PS3 cause.

LINK HERE (http://ncroal.talk.newsweek.com/default.asp?item=283363)

Interesting article and take on the situation. Kinda sucks that due to Sony's lack of initiative they possibly lost Assasins Creed and GTA as exclusives (at least timed exclusives) which would have been major daggers. Maybe next year once the PS3 is up and running at full speed things will go Sony's way in the form of 3rd party exclusives again.

indiekid4
11-20-2006, 04:59 PM
AC and GTA:IV have been know to not be an exclusive for awhile now. Motorstorm, R:FOM, Heavenly Sword and Lair might be those three titles that propel huge sales for PS3 in it's early stages. FFXIII, GTA5, DMC:4, and MGS:4 will be the four later titles to make PS3 a MUST have console. Don't forget God of War, White Knight Story, and Killzone too!!! Greatness isa comin!

julps31
11-20-2006, 06:14 PM
AC and GTA:IV have been know to not be an exclusive for awhile now. Motorstorm, R:FOM, Heavenly Sword and Lair might be those three titles that propel huge sales for PS3 in it's early stages. FFXIII, GTA5, DMC:4, and MGS:4 will be the four later titles to make PS3 a MUST have console. Don't forget God of War, White Knight Story, and Killzone too!!! Greatness isa comin!Amen..preach brotha!!! lol. :cheers: Don't forget Gran Turismo 5 or warhawk lol.

Assasins creed and GTA is coming out for both consoles alike. I think the deal was that the 360 was gonna get "exclusive" downloadable content for the 360 but if i remember right PS3 will too. Not sure if its timed or not tho.

Jasonps3
11-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Also don't forget Ratchet and Clank.

Epix
11-20-2006, 06:19 PM
^ And Naughty Dog's next game!

julps31
11-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Lol and don't forget to add Tekken 6 and virtua Fighter. ;)

Luis
11-20-2006, 06:34 PM
And F1 and Resident Evil 5 and Unreal Tournament 2007 and Virtua Tennis 3 :laugh:

julps31
11-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Lololl...but wait. I thought RE5 was multi-platform? lol

Luis
11-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Lololl...but wait. I thought RE5 was multi-platform? lolIt is multiplatform yet, but that doesn't make it a bad game!

...or does it? :look:

julps31
11-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Lol i thought we were just mentioning exclusives to PS3...at least i was lol. *in little kids voice* You messed it up lol.

Luis
11-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Lol i thought we were just mentioning exclusives to PS3...at least i was lol. *in little kids voice* You messed it up lol.Well, you did mention GTA and AC... :look:

Yeah, fine, you also stated that they're multiplatform.

*whistles*

Oh, well, who am I kidding... :duh: