PDA

View Full Version : Will Resistance score enough to hang with Gears and Zelda?

Icon
11-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Gears got ridiculous scores from the major reviewers. It's a contender for game of the year. Gametrailers has a lot of single player and multiplayer footage that hows the game is very varied.

Zelda is hyped to be in the high 9's as well.

Do you honestly see Resistance as a game getting anything in the 9's or 8's? Sony needs a hit like a crackhead needs a hit, which is why Resistance has the number one marketing hype. Does it seem like it's going to pan out? Cause I don't see anything special about it. :snooze: Gameplay seems the same as we've seen for years, art and character design seem bland and uninspired, and everything is a shade of brown/grey.

Or is Sony going to have to wait until March?

Crossbar
11-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Do you honestly see Resistance as a game getting anything in the 9's or 8's? Sony needs a hit like a crackhead needs a hit, which is why Resistance has the number one marketing hype. Does it seem like it's going to pan out? Cause I don't see anything special about it. :snooze: Gameplay seems the same as we've seen for years, art and character design seem bland and uninspired, ...

Have you read this preview (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=69650)?

TheGreenElf
11-08-2006, 07:12 PM
The whole alternate WWII history is kinda lame, but the gameplay and guns and the fact that it's made by the Ratchet and Clank team means it's in good hands. Personally, though, I think Zelda and Gears will be rated high 9's while Resistance is low 9's...not much of a difference though.

IEatFriedPikmin
11-08-2006, 10:34 PM
multiplayer gears has me freakin hooked. single player is good, but im kinda iffy about it. i need to do coop.

On a multiplayer aspect, i highly doubt it will beat out GoW.

gljvd
11-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Resistance will garner 8.8s to 9.4s . It will be a good game . A solid game. But i don't think it will hang with zelda and gears . one of its biggest strengths will be its multiplayer and the amount of players in it .