PDA

View Full Version : why do the japanese buy more nintedo products than other countries

advancemonkey
03-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Is it because Nintendo makes ads there is it because they dont care what the game is rated is it because they get all the games first or is it because the company comes from japan or because of some unquessed reason?
i think because they have ads there........... just my opinion.

Michael Bluth
03-01-2003, 07:38 PM
Nintendo is a Japanese company, that's why.

Prince
03-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Nintendo is japanese, they have pride in it...
Nintendo advertises in stores and stuff there more...
Nintendos games are fun for japanese people..
etc.

Furry_Dice
03-01-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Prince

Nintendos games are fun for japanese people..

There fun for me too asshole. :p

[[tavis]]
03-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Phantagram
Nintendo is a Japanese company, that's why.
it is a horrible truth

smellslikenintendospirit
03-01-2003, 10:01 PM
Once again, you have western vs. eastern culture. Western culture is associated with more concrete and streamlined thinking. In eastern culture, one will find more abstract, innovative thinking. Both are equally acceptable. But as a result, there are less stereotypes and pre-conceived notions in Japan, and therefore, what the average American considers unacceptable, the Japanese are completely okay with.

For example, sunshine, rainbows, cartoons, etc. are not "gay", whereas here, of course, they are. The same way, while most westerners have a taste for reality and technical prowess, they don't appreciate that. Xbox quenches the western thirst. Nintendo quenches the eastern thirst. The PS2, however, serves both needs fairly well, and therefore appeals to almost anybody.

advancemonkey
03-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by smellslikenintendospirit
Once again, you have western vs. eastern culture. Western culture is associated with more concrete and streamlined thinking. In eastern culture, one will find more abstract, innovative thinking. Both are equally acceptable. But as a result, there are less stereotypes and pre-conceived notions in Japan, and therefore, what the average American considers unacceptable, the Japanese are completely okay with.

For example, sunshine, rainbows, cartoons, etc. are not "gay", whereas here, of course, they are. The same way, while most westerners have a taste for reality and technical prowess, they don't appreciate that. Xbox quenches the western thirst. Nintendo quenches the eastern thirst. The PS2, however, serves both needs fairly well, and therefore appeals to almost anybody. ummmmmm well Japan is weateren culture i know what your getting at but it is not easteren after ww2 we owned japan for four years altering it's culture forever it is just like the European culture in many respects it now elects there emporor just like britian elects there prime minister so that would kind of rule out that theory in most respects.

[[tavis]]
03-01-2003, 11:21 PM
i hate ps2, graphics suck and the games are better on other consoles