PDA

View Full Version : Gamepro picks the 8 best looking games from TGS

Pumpkin Head
09-24-2006, 01:52 PM
http://www.news4gamers.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=10178

CrumCon
09-24-2006, 02:06 PM
i dont understand their choices.

it seems that they like CLEAN graphics like Virtua tennis and Ridge Racers.

Pumpkin Head
09-24-2006, 02:12 PM
:thumpsup: Well atleast six out of the eight was ps3,thats really good news considering xbox360 has a year start...

jaxmkii
09-24-2006, 02:17 PM
they had to throw 360 a few or risk looking bias

cliffbo
09-24-2006, 02:21 PM

QFT

Grovestreet
09-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Well Imo Lost planet was the best game there, Nice graphics and Gameplay. TGS Aint Exactly Microsoft's Show, They'll be saving the big guns for X06 This Coming week. Anyway PS3's Games have made a heck of an improvement, Shame about the few Delays though.

Pumpkin Head
09-24-2006, 02:27 PM

yeah i agree with you 100% lol

cliffbo
09-24-2006, 02:32 PM
HS and Fatal Inertia suffered because of it though...

Voidler
09-24-2006, 02:38 PM
White Knight Story anybody?

Pluto
09-24-2006, 02:52 PM
I think they were only using the games that were playable.

CrumCon
09-24-2006, 02:55 PM
MGS4 arent playable, and its in the list

Pumpkin Head
09-24-2006, 04:21 PM
The PS3 is pricey, but its graphics will blow you away. We rate the most dazzling visuals of TGS, Xbox 360 included!

The Tokyo Game Show is the first time we were able to get a solid impression of what finished products are really going to look like on the PS3. Most PS3 game demos were running right off of debug units, rather than development kits as they have been throughout the last year or so. And what we saw was incredibly impressive.

Before arriving at TGS, we would have given the Xbox 360 the nod in terms of the next-generation hardware battle. Sony has made a series of blunders in the last six months, and from what we saw and heard about prior to the show, developers were having a lot of trouble developing for the PS3 hardware compared to the ease of PC-like Xbox 360 programming. Plus, side by side, 360 and PS3 games looked almost indistinguishable in terms of graphics.
But at TGS and the following special hands-on media event at Sony Studios in Tokyo, we were swayed in the Sony's direction. Some of the PS3 launch-games on display were simply breathtaking -- definitely the most advanced graphics ever displayed on a console system.

So we are here to report on the cream of the crop -- the best-looking console games at TGS. The majority of titles are on the PS3, but while Microsoft didn't have as big of a presence as Sony at this year's Tokyo Game Show, there are still some amazing looking 360 games to come.

Ridge Racer 7 (PS3)
Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3)
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (360)
Motorstorm (PS3)
Lair (PS3)
DOAX3 (360)
Resistance Fall of Man (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots (PS3)

Rubbernek
09-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Yep "the most advanced graphics ever displayed on a console system".

It's like the fact that the media is finally saying what we always new to be true (PS3 more powerful with superior graphics) has caused some people to go into meltdown.

This is only the beginning...

masteratt
09-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Was this supposed to be in order?
If so, I would make some revisions but the games listed seem alright.

There were so many games I honestly can't remember what was shown at TGS anyway lol

Beenie Man
09-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Yep "the most advanced graphics ever displayed on a console system".

It's like the fact that the media is finally saying what we always new to be true (PS3 more powerful with superior graphics) has caused some people to go into meltdown.

This is only the beginning...

I been knew this since the PS3 games looked on par with 360 games at E3.

However, I also want the media to recognize what the Cell is doing. Have you guys seen MotorStorm? The physics are realistic as hell, the hit detection is very accurate, and the particle effects are just:stunned: Formula 1 has unbelievably pretty(words cannot describe) graphics, it has accurate hit detection and crashes as well as top notch physics, Resistance has smart ass A.I, beautiful smooth as butter animations, crazy fire effects and particle effects(saw it on a HDTV on gametrailers), White Knight which has the most realistic animations on any console, Lair(saw the trailer that had good quality) that has big arse textures(but needs to work on the lighting thoigh) I could go on.

I do not want to compare to the 360 because it might turn into a flameware(oh, I could get those graphics on the 360, the 360 can easily achieve that, etc.), but what the PS3 is showing is really boggling my mind, and I have not seen any other console achieve what the PS3 is doing now(IMO). Before TGS, I was a little worried, and thought the PS3 was only slightly better than the 360 graphically and CPU wise(animations, physics, A.I, hit detection, etc.), but TGS completely blew me away. Even some sites are claiming the PS3 is something else.

Pumpkin Head
09-24-2006, 05:48 PM
I been knew this since the PS3 games looked on par with 360 games at E3.

However, I also want the media to recognize what the Cell is doing. Have you guys seen MotorStorm? The physics are realistic as hell, the hit detection is very accurate, and the particle effects are just:stunned: Formula 1 has unbelievably pretty(words cannot describe) graphics, it has accurate hit detection and crashes as well as top notch physics, Resistance has smart ass A.I, beautiful smooth as butter animations, crazy fire effects and particle effects(saw it on a HDTV on gametrailers), White Knight which has the most realistic animations on any console, Lair(saw the trailer that had good quality) that has big arse textures(but needs to work on the lighting thoigh) I could go on.

I do not want to compare to the 360 because it might turn into a flameware(oh, I could get those graphics on the 360, the 360 can easily achieve that, etc.), but what the PS3 is showing is really boggling my mind, and I have not seen any other console achieve what the PS3 is doing now(IMO). Before TGS, I was a little worried, and thought the PS3 was only slightly better than the 360 graphically and CPU wise(animations, physics, A.I, hit detection, etc.), but TGS completely blew me away. Even some sites are claiming the PS3 is something else.+rep dude what a post,because your points make since.. also it's facts ...

Domination
09-24-2006, 07:37 PM
http://www.news4gamers.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=10178

First of all, it's just their opinion. They have a right to it, y'know.

Secondly, I don't know if I could have put it at number 8, but I do agree that it it wasn't the most impressive game there. But that is expected if this game is the least to be completed compared to the number of others they compared it to. So it shouldn't be surprising if it is lacking anything.

And lastly, visuals never tell the complete story. Technically, I thought this game was one of, if not, the most impressive title there as far as complexity in gameplay. And usually, that's what counts in the end. So to each his or her's own.

Siraris
09-24-2006, 08:20 PM
We all know the PS3 is the more powerful system, and after seeing the videos I don't think it's wrong to say that the PS3 is the more impressive out of the two. The 360 still has some cool games, but after seeing the gameplay videos, it's just astonishing how much better the PS3 looks with its launch titles. I can't imagine what games a year or two from now will look like.