PDA

View Full Version : What are you hoping to hear from Sony at TGS?

xbdestroya
09-21-2006, 10:19 PM
We have about four hours to kill until the keynote begins.

In that time I figure a lot of people are hanging out just sort of trying to kill time. In that spirit, what are some of the things everyone wants/hopes will come to light at TGS this year?

Personally... I want some hard details on Linux, a demonstration of sorts of the Playstation network, and a sense of what RPGs (beyond those already announced) might be in the works for the console.

venomv
09-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Personally... I want some hard details on Linux, a demonstration of sorts of the Playstation network, and a sense of what RPGs (beyond those already announced) might be in the works for the console.

Same here, especially some more from Square and some indication of Dark Cloud 3 if Level 5 plans on making one. And Twisted Metal, I think most people probably realize I wanna see that, but it is a Japanese show so I don't think we are gonna see that. And I wanna see GT5, not some crap they decided to throw together like Vision-GT and GT-HD......

And a reiteration of the specs (or announce any change), so we can finnaly end the debates.........They are cool for a while, but it is getting extremely old......

yoshaw
09-21-2006, 10:31 PM
What I want to know from Sony? Interesting :)

- What comes in the Box ; Accessories, cables etc (both 20 and 60 Gig ones)
- Is Linux available in the box or a seperate purchase or a free download.
- Name of Naughty Dog title :P
- What's Team Ico working on?
- Are the blue diode problems being dealt with swiftly?
- For our forums sake, tell us the specs so we can rest in peace with no new MILR threads. j/k nice chap he is!

That's it :) I'll let Sony drive the rest of the show for me!

fknuckle
09-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Brand new heavenly sword goodness,a new level with its newest build--

cliffbo
09-21-2006, 10:51 PM
what i would like to see\hear is just some good news i don`t care what it is but just something that puts the ps3 in peoples minds as the must have console of the next gen machines.
eg: games,specs,new features/hardware(eyetoy2).

:)

Pumpkin Head
09-21-2006, 11:11 PM
-RE5 exculsive
-online plans
-launch titles
-ps3 full specs detail
-price drop lol
-new surprises maybe some more exculsive games
-also some fresh hott gameplay of some of the hottest games on the planet.

woundingchaney
09-21-2006, 11:17 PM
launch list
complete list of inbox items
cost of additional items/periphrials
trailers for - MGS, HS, AC, Ao2, NG-S, Tekken
Linux details
PS online service details

and anything else would be great

Barrabas
09-21-2006, 11:27 PM
I would like to hear about PS4!!!:buldge:

http://www.playfuls.com/news_7248_A_Christmas_Launch_For_PS4.html

Just kidding and just some BS to kill some minutes.

Great looking games from the latest builds with good physics and effects is what I mostly would like to see. Hopefully something from the newest Battlefield Bad Company (just love the Battlefields games). Specs would also be nice so we can put that to rest and hopefully that Sony can tell us good news from the manufacturing prosess.

Shadow Voa
09-21-2006, 11:34 PM
- RE5
- MGS4
- FFVerusXIII
- FFXIII
- KH3 (I can dream)

Thats really all I need to be honest, maybe an indication of launch colours so I can decide, and some idea of the online plans thats about it. Im all set to buy the PS3 regardless, but some sick videos/gameplay never hurt anyone lol. :)

dockthepod
09-21-2006, 11:44 PM
I really want some info on the e-distribution initiative or whatever they were calling it (ie, Live Arcade). We only heard about FLOW way back when but I'd guess sony has been rounding up more people to make simple games for ps3. I love this sort of thing.

makeitlookreal
09-21-2006, 11:54 PM
These are what I want to hear about.

1) The complete and full specifications of the PS3 and especially the architecture and features of the RSX (Reality Synthesizer).

2) A demonstration of the Linux OS of the PS3 and NOT simply the user interface. I hope it has a cusotmized OS specifically made for the CELL processor that allows you to run programs you load onto the HDD. For example, I want to be able to utilize a word processor as an example.

3) Tons and tons and tons of GAMES! I want the best trailers and screenshots the developers can push out!

BahnNZ
09-21-2006, 11:57 PM
That Sony have a hang over cure, *hic*

Just one thing, good news, we ain't heard before.

masteratt
09-22-2006, 12:00 AM
What happened to the "amazing secret PS3 related news" buzz?

Was that just a false hype?

PUNK em 733
09-22-2006, 12:16 AM
3) Tons and tons and tons of GAMES! I want the best trailers and screenshots the developers can push out!

1) The complete and full specifications of the PS3 and especially the architecture and features of the RSX (Reality Synthesizer)

+1

Garfunkel
09-22-2006, 12:22 AM
I will be looking forward to details on the Linux distro, like is it a "real" distro, have they compiled Openoffice.org or amarok or kaffeine etc (doubt it but i can wish upon a star :) )

And i would like re clarification of the FULL spec sheet, both for my own techy-interest and so it can shut up MILR.

masteratt
09-22-2006, 12:26 AM
The specs are a bit of a strange one because Sony has no reasons NOT to release the specs but also no reason to release the specs.

So it all depends on if they feel nice or not ;)

BahnNZ
09-22-2006, 12:36 AM
And I'm gunning for 512MB Video RAM. This is the best thing they can do for PS3 in it's fight against 360 in the west.

makeitlookreal
09-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Masteratt,

I don't remember each of the articles off hand, but it has been said more than once by Sony reps and/or devs that there are a couple big surprises left for us when it comes to the PS3. I remember one in particular from before Leipzig (can't think of the site or link) where the Sony representitive basically said, "We have one or two more important things that we have not not announced yet." or something similiar.

Garfunkel
09-22-2006, 12:48 AM
512MB vram would be lovely

makeitlookreal
09-22-2006, 01:13 AM
A RAM upgrade would allow for larger worlds, higher resolution textures, and much more detail. 512MB would be a great ammount of VRAM for the console.

Garfunkel
09-22-2006, 01:15 AM
i agree, 256 more than the competition is a valuable advantage, 256MB XDR will be fine, we just need more VRAM sony!

version
09-22-2006, 01:29 AM
2*256MB XDR with 2 cells + 512 VRAM

venomv
09-22-2006, 01:35 AM
^I guess we can all dream......

jaxmkii
09-22-2006, 01:49 AM
And I'm gunning for 512MB Video RAM. This is the best thing they can do for PS3 in it's fight against 360 in the west.
:banana: :queer: :clapping: :rave: :djparty: :yum: :evillaugh :Carrot: :1337: :praise:

Rai
09-22-2006, 01:52 AM
anything to get them to win!!! RUMBLE!!! BETTER PRICE!!! ummmmm uhhhh errrrrrrrrrrr.........FINAL FANTASY VII!!!!!! lol....so many things!

makeitlookreal
09-22-2006, 01:55 AM
We need one really good feature or upgrade to really push the PS3 over the edge! A RAM boost would do it.

imported_The_One
09-22-2006, 01:55 AM
ZONE OF THE F'ING ENDER 3!!!! That better be the "secret" title that Kojima is going to announce during TGS. If no, I do hope it'll be something spectacular :D.

xbdestroya
09-22-2006, 01:58 AM
Ok guys, intermission's over - everybody into the thread! :smoke:

http://forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?t=62168