PDA

View Full Version : Can We Just Stop It, With These Stupid Negative Threads Towards Sony!?

heejun489
09-08-2006, 04:59 AM
Ive been a member here for only a short while, and im just tired of hearing about other peoples complaints with how sony is dealing there cards on there nextgen console the PS3. What is the point of complaining when its really not going to change the way how developers and how sony is going to make their games and console? i cant stand seeing threads like, "are you still confident with the games coming out for PS3". honestly, we all know that the first batch of games are going to be whatever, or great who knows. so just please, stfu about it and just wait. I Know that im getting a ps3 for its games that are coming to it. like tekken6 and all the other hit titles, so just please, for those who are just negative towards sony or microsoft, or nintendo, just shut up. not unless you're going to actually make a difference, than dont go on here and start making threads that just kill it for everyone else. keep it positive. thats all i have to say.

Ethan
09-08-2006, 05:01 AM
Isn't that the point of a forum? To discuss?

masteratt
09-08-2006, 05:02 AM
Although I agree with the concept of what you are saying- People should also be able to discuss their opinions of the PS3, wether positive or negative.

The reason why negative posts seems annoying is they are not posted with enough thought and is merely there to bash the PS3/Sony.

heejun489
09-08-2006, 05:04 AM
yeah, i hear you guys. but i just believe there are too many you know.

masteratt
09-08-2006, 05:05 AM
Are you new to the internet? ;)

Siraris
09-08-2006, 05:13 AM
The negative posts will dwindle after TGS, and stop after the system is released. People will be too busy talking about the system, or talking about how much they want the system at that point.

This was exactly what the internet was like before the PS2 launched as well.

PUNK em 733
09-08-2006, 05:17 AM
Let ppl have thier fun. Once we are all blown away by the games and functionality of it, these ppl can have fun eating crow.

Nameless
09-08-2006, 05:18 AM
Honestly things were very calm almost boring until the PAL territories announcement and then all hell broke loose...

I agree if Sony has a good showing at TGS all will be forgiven and life will go on...

Carlos
09-08-2006, 05:25 AM
This is how PS2 was recieved before the launch of PS2, look how that turned out. PS2 went on to become the best selling console (next to PSX,) of all time.

Viper
09-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Welcome to Nintendo (1997-2005).

Eventually, it'll pass and things will be ok.

RavenFox
09-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Yup all it will come to pass :-)

Undercover Cop
09-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Yup all it will come to pass :-)
Now you're getting Biblical.

Um, the reason for all the negative postings for the last few days have been due to... the negative news we've been getting for the last few days. Did you really people were gonna gloss over:

- Europe being passed over - AGAIN.
- All other areas facing MASSIVE shortages that make the 360's launch pale in comparison
- Screenshots that seem to reinforce the fact that the PS3 at best isn't what it's cracked up to be, not at all so superior to the 360 that it warrents the price difference, etc.

You really expected people to just say "Wow that sucks, but let's move on"? Why? Cause you're feeling uncomfortable? Suck it up. This isn't a PS3 fansite, it's a PS3 discussion site. Just like a Window XP site isn't a fansite for fanboys to only talk about the good things about the OS and only mention bad things in passing. Go to www.ps3forums.com for that.

In any other industry, when companies have difficulties like this, no one questions those who begin to be doubtful. But videogame forums? NAH you need to act completely blind.

And STOP telling us "STFU wait till TGS". We ARE waiting till TGS. Everyone already knows TGS is the "do or die" moment of Sony. It's their own damn fault things came to this, not ours.

Seriously, I'm gonna tag your quote in my sig for the next couple months. Cause I don't want you to come and tell us after TGS "Wait until LAUNCH/ GDC 2007/ E3 2007!!!!11111"

yoshaw
09-08-2006, 02:37 PM
A lot of PS3 haters are gonna get pwned this TGS.

Kinda like this guy below.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3580/ms1hz2.jpg

Undercover Cop
09-08-2006, 02:56 PM
A lot of PS3 haters are gonna get pwned this TGS.

TGS better be a show stopper. MS and Nintendo are going into this right now with a lot of good stuff to show off. I don't even like the Wii (weaksauce Gamecube upgrade with a wacky peripheral) but I have to admit they seem to have their act together.

In fact, considering that Microsoft (i don't care for the Wii) is gonna talk about

Gears of War
Mass Effect
Lost Planet
Army of Two
Alan Wake (a lot of people have forgotten about that)
GTA4
Halo 3
Bioshock
Assassin's Creed (boy they are gonna try to rub that one in, aren't they)
Turok
Crackdown (don't like it but they will hype it)
F.E.A.R.
Splinter Cell 4
Alone in the Dark
Resident Evil 5
Tony Hawk 8
Ninja Gaiden 2
more on the Windows Vista/ Live tie in
Crysis (yeah they have two platforms to showcase, and this game is a monster that keeps painfully reminding everyone of the limit of "next gen consoles" - even BEFORE the PS3 has even launched!

plus a couple other surprises

And they are going into this with virtually NO negative press, with the prospect of an unbridled Christmas to themselves. On a console that is cheaper, with the bugs worked out.

Sony has to come big to beat this:
- Killzone MUST be a showstopper.
- MGS4 must own. Not be decent, or great for the series. OWN.
- Heavenly Sword must be fantastic (no doubts on this one, they are one of the few to have actually proved themselves
- Motorstorm must stop looking like ass and look fun.
- Lair has to look like those "realtime demos".
- DMC4 must look great AND bring something new to the table with the fighting mechanics, cause right now it looks like the same old with an extra mode (the demom hand), and that does NOT cut it after seeing what HS can do.
- FFXIII has to commit that its spectacular graphics are actually what you'll be playing with when you sit down with the game in November next year.
- Heavy Rain NEEDS to be a PS3 exclusive (if 360 snags that......)

In short Sony has a lot to do two weeks from now, and right now what they are doing in the interim aren't helping.

So is that what you call trolling?

yoshaw
09-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Why are you quoting me and asking the question. Do You feel guilty of being a PS3 hater? Then why?

And one newsflash for you, Mr.I'm not a troll,

GTA4
Army of Two
Bioshock
Assassin's Creed
Turok
F.E.A.R.
Splinter Cell 4
Alone in the Dark
Resident Evil 5
Tony Hawk 8
Ninja Gaiden 2 (check this thread for confirmation (http://forums.e-mpire.com/showthread.php?t=61497))
Crysis Engine

are all multiplatform games. GOT IT!

Don't blame others for finding you acting trollish to blindly point them as 360 only games at TGS. While you're obviously suggesting that Sony won't be showing them for PS3. Yea right!

Now I truly believe you're not a troll.
:susp:

pari
09-08-2006, 03:13 PM
TGS better be a show stopper. MS and Nintendo are going into this right now with a lot of good stuff to show off. I don't even like the Wii (weaksauce Gamecube upgrade with a wacky peripheral) but I have to admit they seem to have their act together.

In fact, considering that Microsoft (i don't care for the Wii) is gonna talk about

Gears of War
Mass Effect
Lost Planet
Army of Two
Alan Wake (a lot of people have forgotten about that)
GTA4
Halo 3
Bioshock
Assassin's Creed (boy they are gonna try to rub that one in, aren't they)
Turok
Crackdown (don't like it but they will hype it)
F.E.A.R.
Splinter Cell 4
Alone in the Dark
Resident Evil 5
Tony Hawk 8
Ninja Gaiden 2
more on the Windows Vista/ Live tie in
Crysis (yeah they have two platforms to showcase, and this game is a monster that keeps painfully reminding everyone of the limit of "next gen consoles" - even BEFORE the PS3 has even launched!

plus a couple other surprises

And they are going into this with virtually NO negative press, with the prospect of an unbridled Christmas to themselves. On a console that is cheaper, with the bugs worked out.

Sony has to come big to beat this:
- Killzone MUST be a showstopper.
- MGS4 must own. Not be decent, or great for the series. OWN.
- Heavenly Sword must be fantastic (no doubts on this one, they are one of the few to have actually proved themselves
- Motorstorm must stop looking like ass and look fun.
- Lair has to look like those "realtime demos".
- DMC4 must look great AND bring something new to the table with the fighting mechanics, cause right now it looks like the same old with an extra mode (the demom hand), and that does NOT cut it after seeing what HS can do.
- FFXIII has to commit that its spectacular graphics are actually what you'll be playing with when you sit down with the game in November next year.
- Heavy Rain NEEDS to be a PS3 exclusive (if 360 snags that......)

In short Sony has a lot to do two weeks from now, and right now what they are doing in the interim aren't helping.

So is that what you call trolling?

Sure MS seems to be really busy in Japan right now, doing a third launch for their 360

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060908/japan_microsoft_xbox.html?.v=7

Microsoft to Sell Cheaper Xbox in Japan to Boost Sales Ahead of Machines From Rivals

TOKYO (AP) -- Microsoft Co. is set to release a cheaper, bare-bones version of the Xbox 360 video game console in Japan to boost flagging sales ahead of the arrival of new machines from rivals later in the year.

The Japanese unit of U.S.-based Microsoft Corp. will launch a Xbox 360 console on Nov. 2 that comes without the 20-gigabyte hard drive and other accessories included with the standard version, according to Microsoft spokesman Jun Yoshihara.

The low-end version, already sold as the Xbox 360 Core System in the United States and Europe, will sell for 29,800 yen, or $255 -- about 10,000 yen, or $86, less than its standard version, Yoshihara said.

Microsoft, based in Redmond, Wash., will also offer two free games to buyers of the new model in Japan for a limited time, he said.

Players don't need a hard drive to run most Xbox 360 games, unless they want to save games midway, and can buy a 20-gigabyte hard drive for about 9,500 yen ($80) or a smaller memory stick for 3,200 yen ($27).

Sales of Xbox 360 in Japan have been sluggish in Japan, at 158,000 units as of Sunday from its release late last year, according to Enterbrain Inc.

The software company, which does not release sales figures in Japan, has sold about 5 million units of the video game console worldwide.

Microsoft's announcement came after rival firm Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. said Wednesday its PlayStation 3 will go on sale in November in the United States and Japan, but fewer units will be available for the launch dates.

Worldwide, Sony expects to ship only 2 million units of its much-awaited update to the popular game console instead of 4 million as originally planned, Sony Computer chief Ken Kutaragi said Wednesday.

Another competitor, Nintendo Co., is set to introduce its Wii game console within the year.

And from Joystiq

Having already launched the Xbox 360 twice in Japan, it would seem that Microsoft's efforts to woo gamers in the East are due to take a turn for the desperate and slightly non-sensical. Reuters Canada reports that the Redmond giant plans to release a "simpler version" of the console on November 2nd, one stripped of a hard drive and equipped with a lower price (a drop of 10,000 yen, or $86). Savvy gamers will immediately recognize this as the Xbox 360 Core system and promptly recoil in horror. We can only imagine the marketing meeting that spawned this strategy:

"Sir, I don't know if you've heard, but we aren't doing too well in Japan."
"Japan?"
"It's a country. It's where Mario, the Italian plumber comes from."
"Of course. Why aren't we selling millions over there?"
"My analysis of the situation reveals one of two reasons, sir. Number one. We haven't been giving the Japanese gamers the genres or the popular franchises they want. We have no Final Fantasy, no Dragon Quest and no Metal Gear Solid."
"........."
"............."
"Bwahahahaha!"
"Hahaha!"
"But seriously, I figure it's just because they hate freedom so much."
"Well then, we should stick to our guns and give them freedom. Lots of it. Let's send them choice and our cheaper Xbox 360."
"But sir, that didn't even sell well in the countries that do like the Xbox 360. The normal version did much better. Oh, I see."
"That's right. The good Xbox 360 sells well here and the crappy one sells poorly. The good Xbox 360 sells badly in Japan, so therefore ..."
"The crappy one should be a huge hit! Amazing!"

Cracking the Japanese market isn't an amazing or an impossible feat, but assaulting it with the squeaky toy hammer that is a $255 (29,800 yen), feature deprived console is unlikely to be terribly effective. Consider that since its original launch in Japan, the Xbox 360 has sold 158,654 units -- about as much as the DS Lite sells in a week.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in.]

[Update: IGN notes that the system includes Ninety Nine Nights and Project Gotham Racing 3. Does that make up for the 16,275 yen (roughly $130) value of a seperate hard drive and headset? Thanks, A Master Ninja.]

And sure TGS is geard towards Japanese gamers. I am not sure how much Gear of War and Halo would help in Japan. Halo has already failed in Japan, it did not move the console.

So every company has their own issues to deal with. Its fact, accept it and move on.. there is no need to gloat over other system's problem.

So should PS3 fans gloat over the third launch of 360 in Japan?

Yes SONY is having problems right now, its worth the wait if PS3 turns out to be really impressive and I am willing to wait to find out. These are distractions right now..

Pluto
09-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Ignorance is bliss.

People that bring up negative PS3 topics are not PS3 haters, just concerned people that plan to buy the system.

If you're going to participate in a Playstation forum where all topics are open to discussion, whether or not that topic entails negative or positive information shouldn't matter. If it relates to the Playstation 3, it should be just fine.

woundingchaney
09-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Can we just discuss the console as if it isnt some gift from god???

If there is negative info. lets talk about it, if its positive info lets talk about it.

Smokey
09-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Can we just discuss the console as if it isnt some gift from god
lol i wish god was paying for mine :)

Pluto
09-08-2006, 09:13 PM
God gets his PS3 for free, so no way can you saddle your burden on him! :)

Nice mentality, WoundingChaney. Now, I need you to manipulate those feelings into a physical weapon, and beat EvilTaru with it.

woundingchaney
09-08-2006, 09:24 PM
God gets his PS3 for free, so no way can you saddle your burden on him! :)

Nice mentality, WoundingChaney. Now, I need you to manipulate those feelings into a physical weapon, and beat EvilTaru with it.
I would like to beat the hell out of his negative rep button thats for sure. LOL

I dont see anything wrong with simply talking about the console in any shape or form. There are some very good looking games coming through the pipes as well as some meh titles. There has been a lot of negative press on the PS3 but I mean its not as if Sony shouldnt be criticized on the matter. But they should also be given credit for some of the things they are doing with the PS3 as well.

The Dude
09-08-2006, 09:47 PM
I hate all video game systems equally until games come out worth buying