PDA

View Full Version : Why Ps2 will rock 2004

Generic Wheaties
01-25-2004, 01:33 AM
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/474/474314p6.html

I know this is a nintendo site but I love my ps2 dearly. And this ps2 article got me so pumped that i'm going to have to save up A LOT atleast 500 for all the games i want here. HDD, MGS3, GT4, GTA:5, etc. Its insane. Network ADapter is a success soposedly so i can play my ps2 online with much more people.

Don't spam, I dont want any nintendo fanboys here saying "Tehps2 suxors!!!"

DLX
01-25-2004, 01:37 AM
PS3 will probably be the worst system in 2004 lol. Im far more interested in My Xbox and my gamecube to even look at my PS2..

Viper
01-25-2004, 01:37 AM
The PS2 sucks, but many developers have put some kick ass games on it and looks like 2004 will continue that.

[[tavis]]
01-25-2004, 01:48 AM
PS3 will probably be the worst system in 2004 lol. Im far more interested in My Xbox and my gamecube to even look at my PS2..

my words exactly, if i ever bought the piece of shit

dncardman
01-25-2004, 02:10 AM
2004 won't be the year of PS2, sorry but I could find better things to spend 500 bucks on than games.

Shayde
01-25-2004, 02:16 AM
Only thing that makes me keep my PS2:
Online EA games, NFL Street and Madden '04. (Fuck you EA)
Ratchet & Clank
Otherwise I would probably never play it..only would probably use for a DVD player. But, I could get a decent one for around $50 now.

smellslikenintendospirit
01-25-2004, 02:21 AM
PS2 has an awesome lineup next year, as does Gamecube.

IEatFriedPikmin
01-25-2004, 02:31 AM
ok, the most anticipated games for xbox and ps2 are over 10 pgs each. The gamecubes is 4... 4 freakin pages.

Viper
01-25-2004, 02:33 AM
ok, the most anticipated games for xbox and ps2 are over 10 pgs each. The gamecubes is 4... 4 freakin pages.
Quality, not quantity.

The Dude
01-25-2004, 02:33 AM
Gran Turismo 4 is going to kick my ass. MGS: Snake Eater looks sweet too

Shayde
01-25-2004, 02:45 AM
Star Wars: Battlefront
Publisher: LucasArts
Developer: Pandemic
Release Date: Fall 2004
Why it will rock: It's a team-based shooter where you have to fight to capture control points on a planet before moving on to another planet to do the same thing and conquer the galaxy. Because of this and the Episodes I-VI elements, Star Wars: Battlefront might follow in the footsteps of Knights of the Old Republic as the next game to have more Star Wars juice than any SW movie from the last five years. This is a multiplatform release including the PS2 and PC, but the Xbox version will of course be able to take advantage of Xbox Live functionality and reliability so that the massive 32 player battles across the Star Wars universe will feel like Battlefield: A Long Long Time Ago. Imperials, Rebels, Old Republic and Trade Federation forces will all be mixed up in there with usable vehicles like TIE Fighters, AT-STs and speederbikes. Pandemic Studios could be the ones to deliver us all from the dark side of EA's ownership of Battlefield 1942.

That sounds so awesome.

[[tavis]]
01-25-2004, 03:25 AM
is GT4 gonna be ps2 exclusive?

Michael Bluth
01-25-2004, 03:30 AM
...... and http://xbox.ign.com/articles/474/474759p1.html trumps both lists.

- Fable
- B.C.
- Halo 2
- Full Spectrum Warrior
- Psychonauts
- "Grand Theft Auto: Next"
- Dead or Alive: Ultimate
- Jade Empire
- DOOM III
- Half-Life 2
- Far Cry
- Thief III
- True Fantasy Live Online
- Otogi 2
- Ninja Gaiden
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- RalliSport Challenge 2
- MechAssault 2
- Brute Force 2
- Freelancer
- Steel Battalion: Line of Contact
- Tenchu: Return From Darkness
- Sudeki
- Knights of the Old Republic 2
- Rebel X

kthxbye.

Blaksmoke
01-25-2004, 03:44 AM
Uhh....hmmm............ I only have a GameCube. :P

Sendok
01-25-2004, 04:54 AM
I haven't been truly excited about the PS line up in what has to be a good year by now. I have liked some of the games, but there are so few games commin on the PS2 that I would actually buy.

Spatula
01-25-2004, 01:50 PM
only ps2 games worth getting:

grungrave
rez
thps4
ssx tricky
doa2: hardcore
jak and daxter
gta 3
nba street

the rest of them get old.

Generic Wheaties
01-25-2004, 02:01 PM
Uhh no shit GT4 will be a ps2 exclusive its published by SCEA. Anyway I admit ps2 hardware sucks but the games are awesome. And that new starwars games sounds godly

edit:

Here are some of the games i'm gonna get hands down.

GT4
GTA5 (No, its not overrated, it will rock)
RE Out Break
HDD (Hardware so I can get some of dem new maps for socom!)
MGS3
Splinter Cell:Pandora Tomorow
Star Wars: Battle Front (looks great)
Call of Duty:Finest hour (its on ps2 now, awesome)

Maybes
PSP
Driver 3
Dead To rights 2
Kill Zone
Rainbow Six 3

Sandman
01-25-2004, 02:14 PM
I think that every system will have great games, and it will be a tough battle this year.

C.J.
01-25-2004, 02:58 PM

- Fable
- B.C.
- Halo 2
- Full Spectrum Warrior
- Psychonauts
- Jade Empire
- DOOM III
- Half-Life 2
- Far Cry
- Thief III
- Otogi 2
- Ninja Gaiden
- RalliSport Challenge 2
- MechAssault 2
- Brute Force 2
- Freelancer
- Sudeki
- Rebel X

kthxbye.

There goes my social life.

Sandman
01-25-2004, 03:00 PM
I think Xbox has the most promising lineup.

Peter
01-25-2004, 03:12 PM
There goes my social life too. And the rest of eternity.

Gunpei
01-25-2004, 03:53 PM
- Fable - good
- B.C. - shitty
- Halo 2 - good
- Full Spectrum Warrior - meh
- Psychonauts - shitty
- "Grand Theft Auto: Next" - not going to happen
- Dead or Alive: Ultimate - barbies fighting?
- Jade Empire - good
- DOOM III - good
- Half-Life 2 - good
- Far Cry - good
- Thief III - shitty
- True Fantasy Live Online - good
- Otogi 2 - shitty
- Ninja Gaiden - good
- Star Wars: Republic Commando - shitty
- RalliSport Challenge 2 - good
- MechAssault 2 - shitty
- Brute Force 2 - shitty
- Freelancer - shitty
- Steel Battalion: Line of Contact - to much $$
- Tenchu: Return From Darkness - shitty
- Sudeki - shitty
- Knights of the Old Republic 2 - GOOOOOOD
- Rebel X - shitty

C.J.
01-25-2004, 05:30 PM
You were wrong on a record seven shittys.

aerofan113
01-25-2004, 05:54 PM
is GT4 gonna be ps2 exclusive?

Most likely. That sucks too cause the series is WAY better on the Xbox. It would probably bebetter on the Cube too.

aerofan113
01-25-2004, 05:58 PM
PS2 has an awesome lineup next year, as does Gamecube.

What has Nintendo got coming up this year? I havent heard much.

Blaksmoke
01-25-2004, 06:12 PM
What has Nintendo got coming up this year? I havent heard much.
http://www.nintendonow.com/forums/showthread.php?p=310427

Mach
01-25-2004, 06:36 PM

- Fable
- B.C.
- Halo 2
- Full Spectrum Warrior
- Psychonauts
- Jade Empire
- DOOM III
- Half-Life 2
- Far Cry
- Thief III
- Otogi 2
- Ninja Gaiden
- RalliSport Challenge 2
- MechAssault 2
- Brute Force 2
- Freelancer
- Sudeki
- Rebel X

kthxbye.

Sorry but there's only about 5 games up there that would be considered must have exclusives

Gunpei
01-25-2004, 06:48 PM
You were wrong on a record seven shittys.

ummm no.

JackieChanIsGOD
01-25-2004, 06:54 PM
- Fable maybe
- Halo 2 YES
- "Grand Theft Auto: Next" YES
- Dead or Alive: Ultimate YES
- Jade Empire YES
- Otogi 2 YES
- Ninja Gaiden YES
- RalliSport Challenge 2 YES
- Tenchu: Return From Darkness maybe
- Sudeki maybe
- Knights of the Old Republic 2 maybe

That's more than enough for me... :)

Waffle Ryebread
01-25-2004, 06:56 PM
*Turns on his PS2 Fanboy Ki*

How can one turn their backs on games such as Star Ocean 3, Wild Arms Alter Code F, Kingdom Hearts 2, Final Fantasy XII, and Xenosaga 2?

*Ends his PS2 Fanboy Ki*

Generic Wheaties
01-25-2004, 06:57 PM
Most likely. That sucks too cause the series is WAY better on the Xbox. It would probably bebetter on the Cube too.

Kid, your a dumbass, it would suck ass on the cube, no downloadable content, and I honestly don't think that it could handle it. I would hate to see it be ported to the Xbox, mainly because its the Xbox. But I can guarentee it wont happen since its published by SCEA.

Spatula
01-25-2004, 08:37 PM
gran turismo has been with the playstation since it started (derr), and its not going to move. to say it would be better on the xbox is a lie. the ps2 controller dominates fighting games, racing games, series like thps, and is the only good system to play the ssx trilogy on.

you guys cant keep these opinions biast towards anything but the playstation. the original playstation blew everything away, sony just seems to be slacking off a bit with their new piece of metal.

though, i cant believe tenchu is now an xbox exclusive .that hurts.

smellslikenintendospirit
01-25-2004, 08:41 PM
Kid, your a dumbass, it would suck ass on the cube, no downloadable content, and I honestly don't think that it could handle it. I would hate to see it be ported to the Xbox, mainly because its the Xbox. But I can guarentee it wont happen since its published by SCEA.

First of all, if PS2 can handle it, Gamecube can do it better. Second, you're probably not getting any dloadable content with a PS2-exclusive GTA anyway.

JackieChanIsGOD
01-25-2004, 08:41 PM
gran turismo has been with the playstation since it started (derr), and its not going to move. to say it would be better on the xbox is a lie. the ps2 controller dominates fighting games, racing games, series like thps, and is the only good system to play the ssx trilogy on.

you guys cant keep these opinions biast towards anything but the playstation. the original playstation blew everything away, sony just seems to be slacking off a bit with their new piece of metal.

though, i cant believe tenchu is now an xbox exclusive .that hurts.

HAH...
You funny.

Prince
01-25-2004, 08:47 PM
the ps2 controller dominates racing games

LOL :evillaugh :evillaugh it's probably the worst controller for racing games

and even though it would never come to Xbox since Sony is the publsher, Gran Turismo 4 would be much better on Xbox. It would have better graphics, a better controller for racing games, custom soundtracks, and Xbox Live (rankings, voice chat, downloadable content, more players per game instead of the 1-6 in GT4) etc.

Michael Bluth
01-25-2004, 09:24 PM
If you're hardcore into racers the system's controllers don't matter at all. Why? Because you'd own a racing wheel.

Spatula
01-25-2004, 09:56 PM
LOL :evillaugh :evillaugh it's probably the worst controller for racing games

and even though it would never come to Xbox since Sony is the publsher, Gran Turismo 4 would be much better on Xbox. It would have better graphics, a better controller for racing games, custom soundtracks, and Xbox Live (rankings, voice chat, downloadable content, more players per game instead of the 1-6 in GT4) etc.
but every system needs its few exclusives to keep the junkies going. ehh, to you its the worst. i dont like using racing games with the xbox controller, they dont love me.

Generic Wheaties
01-26-2004, 02:40 AM
Have you seen the screenshots for GT4? How come I don't see godly stuff in PGR2? I knew this would happen, making a ps2 thread in a nintendo fanboy forum. Christ.

edit: Umm.. Prince PS2 has all of those.. Voice Chat, Scoreboards, Playable mp3's,etc... It'll have it all when it comes out.

JackieChanIsGOD
01-26-2004, 02:41 AM
Have you seen the screenshots for GT4? How come I don't see godly stuff in PGR2? I knew this would happen, making a ps2 thread in a nintendo fanboy forum. Christ.

Godly stuff?
Using a picture for a backdrop?

Generic Wheaties
01-26-2004, 02:43 AM
As long as it looks real my friend. Besides, graphics don't really matter. I'd be fine if the graphics looked the same from GT3.

The Dude
01-26-2004, 02:52 AM
Gran Turismo 3 is my favorite game of this gen. I can't wait to get GT4 my car will finally be in it.YAY!!!

Gunpei
01-26-2004, 02:52 AM
As long as it looks real my friend. Besides, graphics don't really matter. I'd be fine if the graphics looked the same from GT3.

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAAHAHHAHHHHAHAHAHHAAHHHAHAHA

PGR2 blows GT4 away in graphics.

Generic Wheaties
01-26-2004, 03:05 AM
Uh huh ;) Keep telling that to your self.

Anyway I heard there will be over 500 cars in it including the customization options. Sounds awesome.

Michael Bluth
01-26-2004, 10:05 AM

edit: Umm.. Prince PS2 has all of those.. Voice Chat, Scoreboards, Playable mp3's,etc... It'll have it all when it comes out.

Voice chat is used in SOCOM and what else? Online games that involve a whopping two different people? The fact that not every game has it is quite disappointing.

Scoreboards? Damn, the PS2 online network is equal to Xbox Live.

Playable Mp3s? WOAHHHHHHH!!!1! When you can use them in-game as custom soundtracks, let me know.

Spatula
01-26-2004, 10:25 AM
yeah, so the xbox may have a better online support than the ps2. and the ps2 may just have seemed to all around suck since the massive onslaught of shitty games started back in '99.

but its no reason to flame the system. it is directly related to the original playstation, which was a masterpiece of technology. eh.

Gunpei
01-26-2004, 07:07 PM
Uh huh ;) Keep telling that to your self.

Anyway I heard there will be over 500 cars in it including the customization options. Sounds awesome.

you are teh lame

Generic Wheaties
01-26-2004, 07:44 PM
Voice chat is used in SOCOM and what else? Online games that involve a whopping two different people? The fact that not every game has it is quite disappointing.
Yeah, every new online game for ps2 has the voice chat, the older once didn't for some reason. But most new ones have voice chat enabled.

Anyway the mp3's thing? the HDD isn't out yet it'll come out around when GT3 dose so I don't mind.

The point is more people bought the ps2. More people that have PS2 have the network adapter as do xbox owners with LIVE. :D

marioman999
01-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Xbox looks best for consoles, but im sure PC will be overall best.

Suzuki_Fanboy
01-26-2004, 09:29 PM
Have fun paying 30-40 dollars for a headset, PS2 bitchez. :D

disrupter006
01-27-2004, 02:24 AM
Xbox looks best for consoles, but im sure PC will be overall best.

pc line up will kick ass

World of Warcraft
Unreal Tournement 2004

nuff' said
(i would list more but i dont feel like finding a list of games like the rest of u did)

Michael Bluth
01-27-2004, 03:05 AM
PC will kick ass.

- Half-Life 2
- DOOM III
- Tribes: Vengeance
- Unreal Tournament 2004
- Battlefield: Vietnam
- DRIV3R
- Far Cry
- Hitman: Contracts
- Joint Operations
- Men of Valor: Vietnam
- The Sims 2
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Oblivion Lost
- Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

I hope to get most of those on my Xbox :eek:

håvard
01-30-2004, 10:23 PM
The GTA series are the only games I care about on the PS2.
Everything else is boring.

peasantlover
01-31-2004, 09:51 PM
tehps2 suxors!!!!!!!!

goku2057
01-31-2004, 11:53 PM
The PS2 sucks, but many developers have put some kick ass games on it and looks like 2004 will continue that.

Care to give us some reasons? Cause from where I sit, it might not be the most powerful, but (Aside from Nintendo) has the best companies behind it, like Square-Enix, Rockstar, and EA's online support, as well as many othegames that are going to be online, and that already are online.

PS2 is going to continue it's ownage of this generation. Good luck next year!

Blaksmoke
02-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Care to give us some reasons? Cause from where I sit, it might not be the most powerful, but (Aside from Nintendo) has the best companies behind it, like Square-Enix, Rockstar, and EA's online support, as well as many othegames that are going to be online, and that already are online.

PS2 is going to continue it's ownage of this generation. Good luck next year!

That's pretty much what he said.

ZanTak
02-01-2004, 12:08 AM
Uhh....hmmm............ I only have a GameCube. :P

http://www.insaniteesonline.com/images/Simpsons-psim15.gif

håvard
02-01-2004, 12:18 PM
The only PS2 game im looking forward to is GTA4 (or Sin City as some call it). But Gamecube's going to get some interesting games this year, like Mario128 (I have waited so long for this game!!), Metroid Prime 2, Zelda GCN 2, MGS:The twin snakes + many more. How can anyone beat this lineup !!