PDA

View Full Version : Zelda bonus disk

HylianKWG
11-19-2003, 05:52 AM
Sorry if this has been posted but the disk is easy to get if you don't wanna subscribe to Nintendo Power or if you already have a GCN. All you have to do is register 2 games either Mario Kart, Mario Party 5, 1080 Avalance, or the new Mario and Luigi RPG on Nintendo.com and they send you a Zelda bonus disk. I just did it.

Viper
11-19-2003, 05:53 AM
That is the method I will be using soon.

[[tavis]]
11-19-2003, 06:13 AM
where on nintendo.com do you register!

Viper
11-19-2003, 06:16 AM
Um....good question.

[[tavis]]
11-19-2003, 06:19 AM
i want my zelda disc cot damn, lol

Kenshin2
11-19-2003, 06:26 AM
Here we go

http://www.nintendo.com/zeldaclassic/

[[tavis]]
11-19-2003, 06:57 AM
thank you god

HylianKWG
11-19-2003, 07:20 AM
I think you may have to register your GCN to so just put in the serial number on the bottom of your cube.

[[tavis]]
11-19-2003, 07:23 AM
yeah u register all three, already done with it, 2x

Nate
11-19-2003, 08:12 AM
Well I dont want to buy games and a new gamecube, so all I have to do is subscribe to Nintendo Power online and ill get it?

Spatula
11-19-2003, 04:08 PM
GODDAMNIT! i dont have enough money for two new games...ill just subscribe to nintendo power.

joe2003drew
11-19-2003, 05:17 PM
whats on the disk does anyone out there know????

DanielBarras
11-19-2003, 05:25 PM
SEE ALL THE INFORMATION AT THE LINK BELOW!!!
http://www.nintendo.com/zeldaclassic/

Viper
11-19-2003, 05:26 PM
The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Adventures of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask and a 20-minute demo of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Spatula
11-19-2003, 05:38 PM
god damn, i need it.

Gamejunkie
11-19-2003, 06:59 PM
I got it last Friday as part of the new MK Cube bundle here in the UK. Haven't had a chance to play them as I've been busy playing MK the past few days. :D

HylianKWG
11-19-2003, 08:33 PM
Well I dont want to buy games and a new gamecube, so all I have to do is subscribe to Nintendo Power online and ill get it?

You don't have to get a new GCN, I used the serial number on the bottom of my cube that I have had since they were released and I still qualified to get the bonus disk.

Zelda Prime
11-19-2003, 08:44 PM
I actually just bought a new GCN (my old one broke and it was $75 to repair it. Might as well get a new one) and I could have gotten the Zelda disc with a Black Gamecube but I wanted a silver one instead. So ah yeah, I took the color of the cube over the disc.

I'm sane, seriously.

Spatula
11-19-2003, 08:48 PM
oh dear lord, zelda prime...thats just evil.

Gunpei
11-19-2003, 08:54 PM
Im getting three of those games that you can register so i might ask for 1080 avalanche for christmas so i can get a second copy of the disk and sell it to some dumbass, or sell it on ebay.

The Dude
11-19-2003, 09:33 PM
I just subscribed to nintendo power, and the zelda disk is on the way :D

Yeah Nintendo power is a sucky magazine, but the January issue always comes with a sweet bonus (last year they got a Smash Bros sound track)

Sandman
11-19-2003, 09:55 PM
I'm getting Mario and Luigi (thanks to an awesome online friend) and Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (thanks to ANOTHER awesome online friend) FOR FREE IN THE MAIL!! So I will be getting this disc.

P.S. Thank you SC666 and Geonic for being the coolest/nicest people ever.

Batmanuel
11-20-2003, 01:12 AM
Im sure that gamestop will have it soon so I will get it there. I don't have enough money for two new games, and I hate NP.

TheIronJew
11-20-2003, 05:31 AM
NP stinks, but I've been a suscriber since 1997. I'm a total dumbass. Even worse, I just renewed my subscription. Before the zelda disc deal was announced!!

orcus116
11-20-2003, 11:38 AM
Is their a cutoff date or something that you have to register before they stop doing this deal cause I wanna get Mario Kart and Mario and Luigi for Christmas...

disrupter006
11-22-2003, 12:10 AM
ill wait for 1080

Mecha Richter
11-22-2003, 12:59 AM
Can't you just like go to Blockbuser or something and get the pin number from the games?

The Dude
11-22-2003, 01:22 AM
I'm just sad they left out LTTP, it is the best Zelda.and I kinda wish Link's Awakening was in there too. But eh, its still a sweet deal

Batmanuel
11-23-2003, 11:32 PM
I hope they keep the deal going till Late December cause I might get Mario Kart, and my nephew might get Mario and Luigi so that will be the only way for me to get it.

Anubis
11-23-2003, 11:37 PM
On the Nintendo site, I really despise the whole 'Stars Catalogue' thing they have going. No sooner then they had restocked everything, everything was gone. I've got like 1,200 stars or so and I was hoping to get that Metroid nameplate. =\

HylianKWG
11-24-2003, 06:41 AM
On the Nintendo site, I really despise the whole 'Stars Catalogue' thing they have going. No sooner then they had restocked everything, everything was gone. I've got like 1,200 stars or so and I was hoping to get that Metroid nameplate. =\

What are you talking about I don't ever remember seeing anything like that? What is the 'Stars Catalogue'??

DanielBarras
11-25-2003, 08:13 PM
I just went to Electronics Boutique and there was a guy at the counter who was going to trade in the Zelda disk cuz he didn't want it, I told him I'd give him $10 bucks for it and he said ok... w00t!

Sandman
11-25-2003, 08:40 PM
Can't you just like go to Blockbuser or something and get the pin number from the games?
No you can't go to blockbuster. The number comes as like a piece of paper inside the case that I'm sure Blockbuster will have taken out.

Gamejunkie
11-26-2003, 12:49 PM
What are you talking about I don't ever remember seeing anything like that? What is the 'Stars Catalogue'??

He's refering to the NOE ( Nintendo of Europe ) official web site. They have a catalogue online with various Nintendo merchandise you can get by trading / spending the "Stars" you get in official Nintendo hardware and first party software in Europe. You get 400 stars for a Cube or GBA and 250 for each first party game. Each item in the catalogue is worth a certain amount of stars. In December apparently they are going to post the Zelda disc for purchase and it's going to cost 4500 stars. That is the only other way of getting the disc in Europe other then buying the limited edition MK Cube bundle pack which comes with the disc.

Edit I got mine by trading in my old Cube and an old PS One I had lying around as well as the two extra free games Game ( UK's equivilant of EB ) were throwing in and using a reward card discount voucher ( A Game thing ) and getting the new bundle for $30. That's a new Cube, Mario Kart and the Zelda disc. I'm also getting the US version of the Zelda disc on Friday. Probably sell the UK one. :D

Viper
11-26-2003, 04:01 PM
FROM IGN's MAILBAG.

Hey, guys... just thought I'd throw a little tidbit of interest your way that might be of use to some of the more irate Cube owners out there who are trying to get their hands on Zelda Collector's Discs. I was given the impression through various media outlets that a Nintendo Power subscription or the "register two holiday titles" promotions were the only way to get the disc short of buying a second GameCube, but I was apparently wrong. I have a GameCube and a GBA SP, and I registered them both at Nintendo's site along with the copy of Mario Kart I just purchased, just for the sake of having them registered. Well, imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail from the Big N the following morning alerting me that I'd qualified for a Zelda Collector's Disc! I've since gotten a second e-mail confirming that the disc has been shipped.

I'm taking this to mean that while Nintendo may be offering the Zelda deal in the method they've spelled out to us in the media, the rules aren't quite that fixed... and you may be able to nab yourself a disc with the purchase of only ONE holiday title if you happen to own both a Cube and a GBA.

Just thought this might be of some use to the legions of frustrated Nintendo gamers who already own both systems...

Mary Jane responds: There you have it Zelda fanatics. If you must have the Compilation Disk there are numerous ways to get it besides for buying a new GameCube or registering a GCN and two games. So what're you waiting for -- go relive all your childhood memories.

__________________________________________________ _____

A 4th more open ended option is appearently offered.

AngryHamster
11-26-2003, 04:41 PM
This was the bug that allowed you to register just one console/game to receive the disc.

Hello,

Thank you for registering your Nintendo GameCube at Nintendo.com.

We wanted to make you aware of an error in our product registration
program. In order to qualify for the Zelda collector's disc, we
requested that two software titles be registered in addition to a
Nintendo GameCube system. However, due to a programming error, you
received an e-mail letting you know that you had qualified for the
Zelda collector's disc before all required products had been
registered.

We wanted to let you know that despite the error, we have gone ahead
and sent you the disc as stated in our e-mail. It was sent via the
postal service and should be received in 3-5 days.

If you haven't yet registered any software titles, please be sure to
do so in order to be eligible for future promotions that are in the
works at Nintendo!

Thank you.

Nintendo of America

Viper
11-26-2003, 04:50 PM
Bug or no bug...take advantage now while the window of opportunity is open.

AngryHamster
11-26-2003, 04:53 PM
I think the window closed.