PDA

View Full Version : Connect Re-launch coming soon!!!

PS3LikeNoOther
03-06-2006, 05:09 AM
Is anyone around here exited about the Connect re-launch. I believe it could really help make the PSP/PS3 a lot if they get it right. Plus it will be nice to see what Sony can do now that they are full force aginst Apple. Anyway the re-launch is suposed to be this month, so heres to hopen.

title edit by danji: That's a misleading title

Loc
03-06-2006, 05:27 AM
I bet you when they relaunch it, it will be accompanied by a new PSP firmware update. Willing to bet they will be selling music and movies specifically formatted for the PSP. maybe, but I'm sure they'll take this route sooner or alter. Oh and this should be in the General Sony section.

Yo MaMa84
03-06-2006, 03:30 PM
I bet you when they relaunch it, it will be accompanied by a new PSP firmware update. Willing to bet they will be selling music and movies specifically formatted for the PSP. maybe, but I'm sure they'll take this route sooner or alter. Oh and this should be in the General Sony section.

I was just about to say that. It seems likely that it would be apart of the next firmware update. Since its being rumored to be released this month and the new Connect is supposed to be this month.......then it seems likely!!

Coded-Dude
03-06-2006, 05:26 PM
DAMN!....I thought maybe they had launched or something!
sheesh! j/k - I am thoroughly excited

Raitei
03-06-2006, 06:29 PM
Chances are it'll Be a sony DRM, the one used in SonicStage maybe, atleast for music

Coded-Dude
03-06-2006, 06:38 PM
Atrac

Z
03-06-2006, 08:38 PM
good news. I hope they impress with the new service. Connect has a lot of potential- even outside of music.

any clear date given?

Coded-Dude
03-06-2006, 08:48 PM
This month is the targeted release, which could ellude to a PS3 surprise, but will more than likely merely coincide witha PSP firware update.
Right now connect is only available via windows and you have to use IE to browse the site/download the app.
By adding PSP support, I believe they will add music(videos), movies(tv shows), and games to provide a one stop multi-media content provider......

Instead of talking about that one particular Seinfeld episode, you will be able to download/stream it to your PSP/PS3 and watch it over and over and over!
(I can't wait)

As soon as they make it PSP compatible

Loc
03-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Atrac
WMA. For some reason I beleive it to be this ever since they added WMA support to the PSP. But most probably Atrac to support all of their DAPs.

Z
03-07-2006, 04:32 AM
this will give me a perspective on how serious Sony is with their multimedia service and PSP. I hope they go all out.

cliffbo
03-31-2006, 06:49 PM
agreed