PDA

View Full Version : Bored of games.

SuperLuigiBros
02-24-2006, 03:37 AM
I have found myself bored of games.

I really want to buy a new game, but I haved been searching all over the internet and I cant find a damn thing that I want. 'Area 51' has caught my interest, but I cant be fucked forking out $35 australian (which is next to nothing) for it. I have every decent Gamecube game thats out; whenever I go to EB the only games that catch my eye are not worth the $100 price tag. I also have every DS game that interests me, and Im sort of waiting for Pheonix Wright to come out, but when it does come out I probably wont get it because I wont have enough money and then I wont be as excited for it.

I spend heaps more time looking around on the internet at new stuff about games than actually playing them. Its weird, but when I go to play games, I need someone there or else Ill get bored - even when its a single player game or campaign. Ive pulled out my SNES and have been playing Mario World 1 + 2 and Tetris.

This has been happening for a while now but I think i only just recently realised it.

Another problem is that when I get a new game, Ill get bored of it quickly even if its awsome. I stopped playing Mario and Luigi 2, not because it wasnt fun to play, just because i cant be fucked any more. The only 2 games I see myself playing all the way through and beyond is Twilight Princess and SSB3. SSBM is the only game on gamecube that i still play regularly... and thats only because I have 1 friend who is decent enough to be a challenge to me, and i still only play it if hes around.

now... perhaps its not as bad as i made it out to be, but you get the idea.

I really want the Revolution.

Anyone else slightly bored with games?

Viper
02-24-2006, 03:39 AM
Slightly bored .....yes. I just don't play them much at all anymore.

Negativity
02-24-2006, 03:41 AM
Yes. I only play them ever so often.

I read up on them a lot, as well.

Teh Roxor!
02-24-2006, 04:36 AM
A similar thing was happening to me last year. When it comes to new games, I don't play much at all anymore. I'm hoping and expecting this to change this year, though.

However, I still play games just as much. Just not the new ones. SNES and Genesis are both very excellent.

Games I'm looking forward to:

Mother 3
Suikoden V
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime Hunters
Children of Mana

And of course, I expect the new consoles (Just the Revolution, actually. The PS3 and Xbox 360 are both quite expensive and offer nothing new) to breath new life into my video game playing.

Bombardier
02-24-2006, 04:51 AM
Take a break from gaming. Read a few books, delve into music, or get some exercise. Do something else. You're probably just burned out. Too much of anything is bad.

When and if you feel like coming back, take a look at other consoles. Sure, Nintendo's great, but you're missing out on a lot of good stuff if you limit yourself to a single console. I recomend buying a PS2. They're pretty cheap and there's bound to be something in its large library you'd like.

D3adcell
02-24-2006, 05:12 AM
I get in those moods at times. The best thing to do for me is to broadan your horizons. Try playing some old school games that you never got the chance to. Or try a game out that you thought you wouldn't like but got good reviews. Different things like that and you'll find something you really enjoy and has a good story etc. Or even try some online play.

But if you limit yourself to one console, you probably will get burned out.

OnBake Platinum
02-24-2006, 05:57 AM
I used to play games non stop, now I only play them an hour or so at a time.

SuperLuigiBros
02-24-2006, 06:43 AM
I recomend buying a PS2. They're pretty cheap and there's bound to be something in its large library you'd like.
I like to research as much as I can about all consoles so my opinions arent bias, and I can honestly say there are about 4 or 5 games on PS2 that interest me. Not even close to enough to warrent a purchase.

...oh wait, my brother has a ps2... Im really tempted to get We <3 Katamari, but I dunno... Since I just got a job I guess Ill have alot of money. I spose I could split an xbox360 with my brother. That way I could play old xbox games aswell.

Maybe ill just wait a few months...

Fats
02-24-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm not so much bored as I am lacking time. I'll perhaps get the chance to play something for about 10 minutes in the week. Ugh, I'm sure I'll get a night when I can just sit down for a good few hours and enjoy a good game.