View Full Version : XBOX Media Player
11-14-2003, 02:03 AM
Has anyone here tried it?
Anyone here have a mod chip so they can try it?
I'm considering getting an XBOX for christmas because of this thing...
I know that with a mod chip that i cant play online... but hey, if i can get DivX movies on my TV, fuck that!
11-14-2003, 02:17 AM
I have it on my Xbox.
I have an older version but it's good.
11-14-2003, 02:24 AM
You have your XBOX modded?
Can you still play Live! on it?
If so, how?
How do DivX movies play?
Are there any pixelboxes that are noticeable? Stretched picture?
Does it play burnt DVDs well?
Thank you eh...
11-14-2003, 02:48 AM
- i got two xbox's, one thats modded (I use it for emulators, apps, playing DVD without remote, etc)
- you can play on Live I think, but you have to be careful (to play on XBL you need a switch, it disables the modchip, when you go on LIVE just flip the switch to turn it off and that should work, BUT I'm not sure if this will work anymore now, since MS released XBL 2.0 recently and that overwrites some files or does some checks or whatever...I know the Xbox Linux people were complaining about that. I wouldn't risk it thats why i got 2 xbox's)
- I've not played many movies on my Xbox, I put 2 or 3 movie trailers from E3 to test it out and it worked good. You can also change a lot of settings and screen ratio and stuff.
- It plays burnt DVD's (and some CD-RW's and some CD-R's)
theres some screenshots of it here -
11-14-2003, 02:49 AM
Thanks a lot bud...
I will now go buy an XBOX.
11-14-2003, 02:50 AM
go to xbox-scene.com forums, you might be able to get a good deal. I got my modded Xbox for 99$ (+ $15 shipping) off there.
edit: the guy i bought it from was called mbej or mjeb or mjbe or something like that
11-14-2003, 02:56 AM
i bet i can find a place here for cheaper
What is good to look for in a mod chip?
Price = quality?
or buisness quality = quality?
11-14-2003, 03:12 AM
For 99$ USD you get:
- an Xbox w/ all cables & controller
- The modchip & installation
- Preloaded with a bunch of Apps (you can request him to change stuff or whatever if you want)
It's pretty cheap, you get an Xbox and modchip for the price it would cost other people to just install it for you (for most other people, you would have to provide Xbox and modchip and then they mod it for you)
He is fast and paypal verifyed too (he sent mine in a box with bubble wrap and the white styrofoam peanuts things and gave me a tracking # and express shipping and whatnot)
I don't know if he has anymore left (he gets shipments of like 75 and they sell out pretty quickly) but try contacting him. His name is mjbe on XBS forums)
This was his thread where he sold a bunch of them
Edit: If you look at his post history u can see references from people who bought from him, they all have good things to say about him
11-14-2003, 03:18 AM
They're 150 now... which is still great...
I'll have to see though...
Thanks for the help bud...
11-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Does it play all region?
I know it plays PAL, but does it play all region
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.11 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.