PDA

View Full Version : Hulk Ultimate Destruction VS Marvel Rise of the Imperfects Mini Reviews

OnBake Platinum
10-18-2005, 01:03 AM
Marvel Nemesis or whatever it's called is the worst game I have played in months. (The last being Mario party Advance) I never really read the IGN stuff about it, even though it was on their front page like once a week. I was under the impression it was a fighting game. Wrong. Remember that TMNT game that was cel shaded that came out for GC a long time ago? That horrible repetitive game...Well, this is like that, just 20 times worse.

You do not fight really. You just walk around and use your 3 moves to kill the same easy enemies over and over in extremely small and short envirments. Seriously, each level is like 90 square feet. It takes about 40 seconds to complete a level.

The game is god awful on every level I can think of, except voice acting, just stay away from this POS.

ON THE OTHER HAND

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is 1337.

The first game by the same people sucked cause of gay Bruce Banner missions that sucked ass. This game has none of those. It is just pure hulk and pure fun. The moves in this game are at least 20 times better than the crap in Imperfects. And this isn't even dubbed as a fighting game.

So much kicking ass. It's like GTA where you can run around destroying everything, but unlike GTA or any game like that, you get REWARDED by destroying shit. And it's pretty much impossible not to. You get rewarded 'smash points' For simply playing the game and destroying as much crap as possible along the way. You then use these points for more 1337 moves.

Unlike imperfect POS, this game is nice and bright, so you can see everything. It is all one big world, and you only have to load once each time or when playing a mission. The game streams as you progress through the huge city or bad lands, so there are no loading screens, and you can go on forever without waiting. Imperfects, you have to load the 40 second level, watch your dumbass intro each time, that is way longer than it should be, beat the level in half a minute, load, save, load the menu, load new level. EA POS.

In conclusion, Hulk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Imperfects on every level. Hulk has really good voice acting too.

Marvel Rejects:
+Good voice acting
+Stylized Graphics
-Piss poor gameplay
-Low Polygon counts
-Typical EA BS
-i liek teh cokc lol

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction:
+Graphics aren't that great, but they are alot better to look at than the other game.
+Few load times except missions and FMVs
+Good Voice acting. (though a certain character you can't tell wtf he is saying)
+Kicking ass and taking names ALL the time
+Good story, but useless "emails" you can read that don't make much of a difference
+Bad ass moves that kick ass.
-You have to unlock codes to use them at all.
-Crappy car etc models that are used everywhere
-Camera not as flexble as I'd like it to be

:bigpimp:

Gilly
10-18-2005, 01:08 AM
This wasn't even a contest.
I didn't even have to play the Marvel one, everyone has been saying how shitty it is, and you are totally right about Hulk.

That game kicks ass. Go play it now.

OnBake Platinum
10-18-2005, 01:17 AM
I beat the game twice in a row and have everything bought. Unlike other games, earning points is not a chore, it's fun as hell. Just play through the mission using any excuse to destroy as mush crap as possible and gets tons of points to buy more moves. it's 1337!

That one level where you are fighting like 3 Super Hulk Busters and like 6 regular hulk busters and helicopters and shit at the same time was fun as hell. Also the mission where you have to protect the church was another of my favorites. I love the hammer throw!

Zeep
10-18-2005, 03:22 AM
http://penny-arcade.com/view.php?date=2005-09-23&res=l

dead718
10-18-2005, 06:25 AM
Yeah the Hulk got kickass scores in EGM

Mr. Coww
10-18-2005, 08:20 AM
The Hulk is just enjoyable to smash stuff. I personaly love punting cars are stuff, i mean comon hes the hulk he makes busses into skate boards. I feel bad when humans get in the way of a flying Hulkbuster or when i throw them across the city.

heep
10-18-2005, 08:33 AM
ya hulk is just really sweet one of my favorite things to do is grab a civilain and just smack them in the face and watch them fly

dead718
10-18-2005, 12:07 PM
lol, I might pick that up from my PX, I think its 40 or 50 dollars.

Its sad though, at my PX marvel nemesis started as a fifty dollar game with like 20 copies (believe me, for Camp Walker, Daegu, South Korea thats a LOT of copies) there was already a ten dollar price drop for every console and there are only like 5 games, they sent all the other back to Seoul.

OnBake Platinum
10-19-2005, 12:59 AM
I love shield grinding. That's how I would travel, even though it's slower, but you can cause so much damage doing it, Then if an enemy comes, Just charge kick at them. You can also use shields as a boomerang if you don't throw it too far!

And I love punting too. I used to just throw cars, etc. but I got into the habit of smashing them down, then Charge Y'ing at the enemy, and I think it does more damage to them, plus extra points for the shit you kill around you.

I also love doing my wrestling moves on those rocket solders. I just love the wrestling moves in general.

Did you know if you grab a hulk buster or something, do a full jump, then do a hold Y, You do a gamma drop or whatever it's called, and bounce like 3 times, then land still holding them. It's awesome! (purchased move)

MicVlaD
10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
http://img2.uploadimages.net/417187buttsecks.jpg

Coded-Dude
10-19-2005, 04:45 PM
Marvel Nemesis is quite possibly the worst game ever PERIOD. But I do think they kept it simple so they could port it to every gaming platform possible.

dork
10-20-2005, 04:07 AM
http://img2.uploadimages.net/417187buttsecks.jpg
HULK HORNY GRRRRRR

dead718
10-20-2005, 07:02 AM
Yeah Marvel nemesis just sucks