PDA

View Full Version : xbox fanboys are ridiculous.

IEatFriedPikmin
10-16-2005, 02:43 PM
http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread.php?t=380243

the poll makes no sense, yet there is a major margin with xbox in the lead. of course there was a high chance of xbox winning due to the site, but people really are not using their brains.

first off, why would non-gamers care about the harddrive on the xbox?

now just read their posts.

Making things simple wont attract anyone? the first impression i get from my parents and friends who are non-gamers is that the controller is too complicated. Sims is a good example countering that, but you just use a mouse in that game(which i find ironic since the rev controller is technically a mouse), and it is easy to understand, even though it is still complex at its roots.
I really do think Nintendo can attract the most female gamers(look at nintendogs). How will microsoft do this. I dont see why that one guy even brought that up, because if anything, it goes against microsoft.

Next I think price will be an issue. What kind of non gamer will really spend that much on a 360? Thats like saying "I am going to put down $400 down on an extremely nice electric guitar, even though i have no idea how to play it."

anyways, just wanted to express my anger towards ignorant people. i really think the only way nintendo can lose, is if they dont advertise well and get the public to understand the revolution. they have free online, and looking at the DS, it will be very easy to set up most likely. It has all those classic NES games that even the nongamers love(donkey kong, mario, etc). And then it has a new way to play that is not just a gimmick. I think a lot of people are underestimating nintendo right now.

bobo_ess
10-16-2005, 07:31 PM
a good read

footchicken
10-16-2005, 07:45 PM
haha,
Those fanboys are really dumb. That topic doesn't make any sense.

look at this ignorant post:

"Nintendo has a strategy?"

soo stupid.

bobo_ess
10-16-2005, 07:49 PM
ignorance.... those who like it...like it alot

Viral Mutation
10-16-2005, 07:54 PM
What's so special about XBOX 360? It's not 'as' powerful as the PS3, and doesn't offer any innovation...

IEatFriedPikmin
10-16-2005, 07:58 PM
well it will most likely be cheaper, and has better online service from what i hear(even though you pay $50 a year). it also allows more personalization with the faceplates, the gamer tag, and what not.

but i havent studied it very well, because school is more important than video games.

bobo_ess
10-16-2005, 08:00 PM
i hear ya

Tael
10-16-2005, 08:22 PM
A innovative feature of the Xbox 360 is the button in the middle of the controller.

IEatFriedPikmin
10-16-2005, 08:27 PM
lol.

seriously though, if they are going to argue, why wont they use logical facts and opinions instead of BS and criticisms.

bobo_ess
10-16-2005, 08:36 PM
i second that notion

Phoenix
10-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Idiots...

roflmao nintenod died after teh n46 becuz i dont liek gaycube.lol gaycube i funi

OnBake Platinum
10-16-2005, 09:08 PM
I actually read a xbox 360 faq and that 'ring of light omfg' can actually change colors by the game. Like it can turn red the more health you lose, and same with the controllers. I thought it was cool...

bobo_ess
10-16-2005, 09:10 PM
that's cool

joelcool7
10-16-2005, 09:26 PM
well it will most likely be cheaper, and has better online service from what i hear(even though you pay $50 a year). it also allows more personalization with the faceplates, the gamer tag, and what not.

but i havent studied it very well, because school is more important than video games.

Are you implying X-360 is going to be cheaper than Revolution?

Second just look how degrating X-360 is for those who are on a budget and cant afford the 50.00USD a month X-BoxLive Gold, everyone is going to go well look at the poor guy yousing Silver. (This is called mistreating the Poor/or middle class and offering better service to the rich who will pay for it. Thats like giving a guy a phone service but then every time someone rich wants to use it you cut the poor guy off.

When Nintendo is offering it all for Free!
And isnt Sony also offering all online services for Free as well?

Either way I think the worst fanboys are the Sony fanboys.

-First because despite PS2 having poor graphics they claim its more powerfull than GCN and X-Box.

- Every time a debate starts they just say Nintendo sucks, or hey Fanboy.

- They start annoying threads like "Who would buy Nintendo Revolution"

-have user names like The_Small_N and Sony or Sony_Rules.

All in all the Sega Boards over flow with Sony fanboys if you want to see idiots trying to make themselves feel right go their!

Danji
10-16-2005, 09:26 PM
That is cool, not exactly useful but cool. Like the VMU for the DC, man that thing was awesome. Like the Pocketstation for the PS (that never left japan u_u).

Yea, the ignorance of some xbox fanboys is intolerable. Good thing the forums here aren't even close to that bad.

bobo_ess
10-16-2005, 09:29 PM
it's aight here...arguements here and there..

OnBake Platinum
10-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Live is $50 a Month? I thought it was a year....

MicVlaD
10-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Second just look how degrating X-360 is for those who are on a budget and cant afford the 50.00USD a month X-BoxLive Gold, everyone is going to go well look at the poor guy yousing Silver.A year consists of 12 months, not just one.

But if someone can't pay 50 bucks a year, then yes, he or she is hella poor.

Sandman
10-16-2005, 09:38 PM
What in the heck does "build it without a hard drive" mean?

IEatFriedPikmin
10-16-2005, 09:45 PM
i guess so it will be cheaper. i dont see how that is so much better of a strategy though.

joellcool, i was comparing it to ps3.

Negativity
10-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Don't you guys think bashing lame fanboys is pretty lame in itself?

How about you simply disagree with them rather than give them a talk about inferiority.

bobo_ess
10-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Fight fire with fire

Hylian-Advocate
10-16-2005, 10:59 PM
well..... I think its prety rediculous to be bashing on Nintendo so much... ...the way I see it...you should have a more wholistic view about things.....

I for one ang going to be a multi console owner......

(but nintendo is still where its at!)

heep
10-16-2005, 11:07 PM
see the way i look at it guys is there are two type of gamers the relistic ones which usauly like all the sytems but only buy one and the fanboys which buy one and dis the others. on that web site they were fanboys im a realistic gamer i will play the other sytems but i bought a gamecube i own a ps2. (which i won though i only use it to play dvds i have yet to find a game i want to pay to play on the ps2) and what they did on that website is just wrong and what happens is new gamers or noobs which ever you choose get on there and look at it and think the same thing it just gets me so pissed off

IEatFriedPikmin
10-16-2005, 11:23 PM
lol, this guy just pwned them all. I can totally agree with him:

Nintendo on the other hand is thinking outside the box. Call them gimmicky if you wish, but they are opening up the market to new gamers (just look at the DS). And recently with all the great DS games being released, the DS is becoming less of a gimmick every day. If the DS has managed to catch the attention of non-gamers, the Revolution has the potential too. If a non-gamer were to ask any of us how the Revolution is different, all of us would be able to tell them how, even if you hate Nintendo. It's not just improved graphics this time around... it's a totally different way of playing/interacting with the games you play. The Revolution, in my mind, will spark the interest of the non-gamers more than the Xbox360 and PS3 combined. Why? Because the system is actually different. It's not like past systems (which non-gamers didn't care about). Xbox360 is just like every past system (of course, many times more powerful and with better online services... and faceplates!!!!), so why would non-gamers buy into it? What Xbox360 launch titles are supposed to appeal to the non-gamers?

Shadow Voa
10-17-2005, 12:09 AM
It's just one big circle over and over again. Even on our boards if you look closely enough. It is in no way as bad as them, but you still see subtle cases here.

Sony vs Nintendo... Microsoft vs Sony... Nintendo vs Mircosoft and Sony

- A Sony fan points out how useless Xbox360 is because of the rivalry those two companies have at the moment.
- Then a Nintendo fan shows off that picture of Sony stealing Rev controller mock-up "Nintendo made it Sony steal it"
- Then a Sony fan is not impressed and points out how lame Nintendo is for showing off that picture and that Nintendo fans are simply whinning.
- Just like a threei-pronged attack, the Xbox fan retaliates against Sony and Nintendo by saying " Simplicity for Nintendo" and " Sony doesn't have what Live has".

The point being no matter what system you plan on buying, you often times defend a particular system over another against fanboy bashing and general hate. That of course is to be expected. How do you feel when Sony fanboys come to bash Nintendo, or when Nintendo bashes Sony fans. Does it bother you.. when someone takes a shot at you like that?

HolyPaladin
10-17-2005, 12:26 AM
Making things simple wont attract anyone? the first impression i get from my parents and friends who are non-gamers is that the controller is too complicated. Sims is a good example countering that, but you just use a mouse in that game(which i find ironic since the rev controller is technically a mouse), and it is easy to understand, even though it is still complex at its roots.

This complaint is more common than I think a lot of us more hardcore gamers realize. I know that folks around here don't view controllers as being complicated at all, but we've been gaming for years. Some of us, like myself, have been doing it for more than a couple of decades. We can pick up a new controller for a new console and jump right in with it in the blink of an eye because we're used to controllers.

I think I've used this example before, but I remember back when the NES first rolled around and lots of people were just starting to play video games for the first time, and they had a bad habit of frequently glancing at the controller to find the correct button (keeping in mind that the controller only had two main buttons and a D-pad). Imagine a non-gamer today looking at controllers with two to four shoulder buttons, two control sticks, a D-pad, and up to eight total face buttons.

This isn't just an imaginary concern that some of us are dreaming up, either. One of the shows on G4 (I think Electronic Playground) has a thing for briefly interviewing celebrities that are gamers, and I've heard the complaint on there before. It's a real, serious issue no matter how much us hardcore gamers might want to shrug or laugh it off.

Negativity
10-17-2005, 01:34 AM
How's about this: PC > Revolution + Xbox 360 + PS3.

Revolution: No matter how "innovative" the new controller is, it doesn't have near as much functionality as the mouse and keyboard.

Xbox 360: It may boast great online play, but great online play that was seen on the PC at least five years ago.

PS3: Revved up PS2 which has an extremely uncomfortable controller. Plus, Sony makes shit computers.

Primehunter
10-17-2005, 01:49 AM
first off xbox fanboys on message boards are just stupid because they consist of 12 year olds who think they are cool because their dumbass parents bought them halo. they don't have intelligent opinions in any sense of the word. second revolution controller is a much better than a mouse and keyboard. the revolution controller is a 3d mouse. Not to mention I think microsoft is really rushing the xbox360 launch when they dont have any AAA titles for launch like gears of war or anything of that caliber. And i though about getting an 360 but 400 is too much for my poor ass to lay down.

IEatFriedPikmin
10-17-2005, 02:08 AM
How's about this: PC > Revolution + Xbox 360 + PS3.

Revolution: No matter how "innovative" the new controller is, it doesn't have near as much functionality as the mouse and keyboard.

Xbox 360: It may boast great online play, but great online play that was seen on the PC at least five years ago.

PS3: Revved up PS2 which has an extremely uncomfortable controller. Plus, Sony makes shit computers.
true about the revolution controller in a sense. The revolution controller is a mouse in a sense, but we still dont have a keyboard. keyboards for consoles is dumb though. where will you put it? on your lappy or on a coffee table so you can type in an uncomfortable position? it just wont work out for consoles, unless the console itself turns into a computer(OMG? is that happening?). But console games dont need keyboards. nintendo has proven this, as well as several game developers who make great games. You dont buy a console to type papers or chat online, you buy it for games.

heep
10-17-2005, 02:27 AM
i thought about this the other day and im sure you have all thought the other companys ow it all the nintendo because in biggening peopled tryied out nintendo (or if your real old atari) and then the next person tryied it intell someone said hey lets try this new thing ps1 then xbox but i dont think many people if any just said one day hey im going to by a consol they had to be referd by someone else so you get to the point were they all should give credit to nintendo

I also think the other companys would go out of business if nintendo left because you looking at what i said Earlier withought nintendo there go a bunch of referls and some gamers that dont play cause its complicated would leave and eventauly all the sytems would fall

Negativity
10-17-2005, 02:31 AM
The revolution controller isn't like a mouse.

In the accuracy sense that is.

IEatFriedPikmin
10-17-2005, 02:59 AM
^that it is more accurate or what? because that is what i am hearing from FPS gamers that used it to play metroid prime 2.

i thought about this the other day and im sure you have all thought the other companys ow it all the nintendo because in biggening peopled tryied out nintendo (or if your real old atari) and then the next person tryied it intell someone said hey lets try this new thing ps1 then xbox but i dont think many people if any just said one day hey im going to by a consol they had to be referd by someone else so you get to the point were they all should give credit to nintendo

I also think the other companys would go out of business if nintendo left because you looking at what i said Earlier withought nintendo there go a bunch of referls and some gamers that dont play cause its complicated would leave and eventauly all the sytems would fall
kinda hard to understand. english plz!!!!

Bombardier
10-17-2005, 03:40 AM
Holy shit, heep. Learn how to fucking type. My God...

Anyway, I think all fanboys are ridiculous. Anyone who things that one system is in any way "better" than another is retarded. Specs don't matter, online service doesn't matter, face plates don't matter, a fancy controller doesn't matter. The only thing that matters are the games. If a console has good games, it will sell and people will like it. If great titles come out on the Revolution, people will love it. The same is true for the X360 and PS3.

Fanboyism is useful for two things: "lawl xbox is teh heug" jokes and making it painfully obvious who the smart people in the thread are.

Negativity
10-17-2005, 03:44 AM
I disagree, it isn't retarded to prefer a console; the overall feel of one console can outmatch another.

Bombardier
10-17-2005, 03:49 AM
I disagree, it isn't retarded to prefer a console; the overall feel of one console can outmatch another.
Yes. I understand where you're coming from.

I meant "better" in a more "STFU fag PS2 is ten times better than the kiddy ningaydo fagcube sixty lame" sense.

heep
10-17-2005, 05:53 AM
kinda hard to understand. english plz!!!!

sorry about that i didnt realy look over what i wrote and i type slopy

Vishus
10-18-2005, 03:52 AM
I was going to think this was typical but it isn't. They don't make sense. They sound like the n00bs on the nintendo.com boards.

Phoenix
10-18-2005, 06:24 AM
Except worse: They're not for Nintendo.

dead718
10-18-2005, 07:36 AM
a good read

This appears to be your signature 1st reply :) lol

Alloy
10-18-2005, 07:29 PM

My response to that: their strategy is to save the industry. 'nuff said

"Nongamers won't shell out $400 for a game system."

I'm a hardcore gamer (since i was 5, im 23 now) and I wouldn't even pay $400 dollars. I have the money, I just won't shell out that kind of money for that. And if I'm feeling that way, I can only imagine the casual/non gamers out there. From their sidelines, they wanna know what makes the 360 different besides a slight increase in graphical quality. You tell them of the "online services" and they say they can already do it on their computer. They ask about the ps3, you tell them about the new technology and great graphics. They still don't see anything new with the ps3. Then they really shy away when you tell them that the ps3 will likely be more expensive than the 400$ 360. Then they ask us about the N-Rev. We tell them of free online, download of 20yrs worth of games, graphical increase, and most importantly the one handed simple controller that acts like a mouse in 3D space. They say "Hey that's something new. The others aren't different at all. I think I'll buy a Rev." And you tell them that the Rev will l likely be 200-250 bucks and they realize that its a bargain to get more for less with Nintendo, and that's how the average non/casual gamer reacts to you telling them the facts. I've done this many times already. It's always the same reaction.

heep
10-19-2005, 12:33 AM
^bam that hits the spot!! everyone can probly agree i now i can

venomv
10-19-2005, 03:00 AM

My response to that: their strategy is to save the industry. 'nuff said

"Nongamers won't shell out $400 for a game system."

I'm a hardcore gamer (since i was 5, im 23 now) and I wouldn't even pay $400 dollars. I have the money, I just won't shell out that kind of money for that. And if I'm feeling that way, I can only imagine the casual/non gamers out there. From their sidelines, they wanna know what makes the 360 different besides a slight increase in graphical quality. You tell them of the "online services" and they say they can already do it on their computer. They ask about the ps3, you tell them about the new technology and great graphics. They still don't see anything new with the ps3. Then they really shy away when you tell them that the ps3 will likely be more expensive than the 400$ 360. Then they ask us about the N-Rev. We tell them of free online, download of 20yrs worth of games, graphical increase, and most importantly the one handed simple controller that acts like a mouse in 3D space. They say "Hey that's something new. The others aren't different at all. I think I'll buy a Rev." And you tell them that the Rev will l likely be 200-250 bucks and they realize that its a bargain to get more for less with Nintendo, and that's how the average non/casual gamer reacts to you telling them the facts. I've done this many times already. It's always the same reaction.

Except in reality that's not how it works, most casual gamers do just wanna see prettier graphics, and price gets over-looked alot obviosly. Now refresh my memory, was the GC or the PS2 more expensive, and who sold more there. I rest my case whether you will see it or not.

nelposto
10-19-2005, 04:54 AM
Don't you guys think bashing lame fanboys is pretty lame in itself?

We're really not much better than the xbox boys yonder. A bunch of fanboys there, and a truckload of fanboifanboys (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/index.cfm?a=wiki&tag=fanboifanbois) here too.

first off xbox fanboys on message boards are just stupid because they consist of 12 year olds who think they are cool because their dumbass parents bought them halo. they don't have intelligent opinions in any sense of the word.

I mean, seriously dude.. wtf.

Phoenix
10-21-2005, 12:31 AM
There's a difference usually between Nintendo fanboys and PS2/Xbox fanboys. Nintendo fanboys often take actual facts and twist and distort them until they're nonsense, but other fanboys usually give no facts as to why their favorite console is the best.

Coded-Dude
10-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Sony is my favorite, but I don't try and discredit Nintendo at all, I love them too!
Although microsoft CAN suck my balls!

Fats
10-21-2005, 12:42 AM
Why would you give Microsoft the pleasure of sucking your balls?

D3adcell
10-21-2005, 12:44 AM
Sony is my favorite, but I don't try and discredit Nintendo at all, I love them too!
Although microsoft CAN suck my balls!

No it can't, it's just a name for a company silly.

Coded-Dude
10-21-2005, 12:46 AM
I dunno.....I just want to see bill get a pube stuck in his teeth!
(oh and I would probably take a hot steamy dump and not wipe, before allowing him the privilage of touching my scrotum)

Fats
10-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Look at how he took that cream-pie... Just think of how he would take your balls?

Do you see what I'm getting at here?

venomv
10-21-2005, 03:13 AM
There's a difference usually between Nintendo fanboys and PS2/Xbox fanboys. Nintendo fanboys often take actual facts and twist and distort them until they're nonsense, but other fanboys usually give no facts as to why their favorite console is the best.

I'll give you a fact of why Sony is my favorite, 2 accualy. Final Fantasy and they have the most games. Even though I don't consider myself a fanboy so that probably doesn't count anyway.

Phoenix
10-21-2005, 05:10 AM
You're right, you don't count. You're not a fanboy, so that doesn't apply to you.

Tael
10-21-2005, 10:56 AM
I'm not a fanboy either, I respect all the companies. Each company has good exclusive games worth buying.

heep
10-21-2005, 07:22 PM
^if only everyone understood this we could all live in harmony

Pro A.
10-21-2005, 07:24 PM
Yeah, I hear that, Tael. Most fanboys are completely off their rocker to begin with (at least a few can listen to reason, but good luck finding one).