PDA

View Full Version : Itagaki-san gives update on next-gen console development

Domination
06-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Whatís your initial reaction to the Xbox 360 and the experiences youíve had to this point developing for it?

Itagaki-san: Itís still very early in the stages of development, so for both hardware and software we are working with the alpha kits. Iím looking forward to getting the next version of the hardware to move ahead. What youíve seen at this point from the trailer of DOA4 is running on the alpha development tools. Iíve already been abusing the alpha kits so much that I have destroyed five of them because it overheats being that I push it too far.

Having seen the E3 trailer for DOA4, what aspects of the trailer are you still critical about?

Itagaki-san: Everything! There are many things I see that can be improved. Again, the trailer is still made off of the alpha version of the development tools so there are many features that are not yet available, such as more accurate fabric material simulation, which wasnít all there yet.

Now that Sony has released initial specs of their upcoming PS3, how do you think it compares to the Xbox 360 and do you have any plans on developing games for the next PlayStation?

Itagaki-san: PS3 is still in its infant stage so to expect something from a baby is a bit cruel. I think the comparisons between platforms should be made once the PS3 has reached a more mature stage. It doesnít really make sense to analyze a machine that is in such an early stage. Of course, the Xbox 360 is much older than the PS3 so I donít mind demanding results out of its hardware at this point, but I have already broken five development kits as I have mentioned earlier.

Also, I think everyone should learn how to really read the spec sheets. For instance, if you compare horsepower, it doesnít always mean that the car with the most horsepower will win the race.

A major component of Xbox 360 is the built in Xbox Live connectivity. What are some of the ways you plan on expanding upon the community youíve already started with tournaments surrounding Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive Ultimate?

Itagaki-san: My policy is that I need to fully utilize the special characteristics of each console, and online multiplayer features are such a big part of the Xbox 360 that I feel I must do what I can to push the experience of Xbox Live. I love the Xbox Live features on Xbox 360 and they are something to be proud of because there is nothing else like it in the world.

Shortly before E3, Microsoft finally unveiled the design of the Xbox 360, and we all got a closer look at it during the show. What do you think of the product they have put together from a design standpoint?

Itagaki-san: More than you might know, I really donít care about the look of the box because I completely focus on the hardware inside the box. My job is making the game software for the Xbox 360 so I care more about the hardware power and design than the Xbox 360ís appearance.

What will set apart DOA4 from previous titles in the series?

Itagaki-san: Any real gamers should be able to figure out what new directions Iím taking the game by looking at the trailer. I have basically included everything I can discuss in the E3 trailer. However, I donít believe I should tell you what my game will be because thatís not my style. Iíd rather you watch the trailer and figure out what the game is going to offer. The types of games I hate the most are the ones that need to be verbally explained first in order to understand and enjoy them.

Looking ahead into the next generation of the industry, what aspects of gaming excite you the most?

Itagaki-san: Well of course the Xbox 360 is what Iím most excited about right now and am most interested in. Thatís why Iím working on it! That was a very bad question to ask because the answer should have been very obvious. I only work on things that I am most excited about otherwise they donít capture my attention.

In fact, I think you should call this the ďBad Question InterviewĒ or else I wonít let you run it on your website!
Source (http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1170/Tomonobu-Itagaki-The-Bad-Question-Interview/p2/)

Maybe it's me, but I still see this as a hopeless cause. :? If he jumps aboard other platforms, that'd be great, but it is nothing I'd go holding my breath on.

rev>thanu
06-02-2005, 11:13 PM
you know what i think of that guy, i think he was killed back in 2001 by Bill Gates and Microsoft/Intel created a cybernetic organism which became his replacement. It was programmed to follow and worship Microsoft's Xbox till his life cycle expires which it's not due till the next 1000 years.

I have no hope for this guy and how does he go from "I only bring the DOA series to the strongest console" to "if you compare horsepower, it doesnít always mean that the car with the most horsepower will win the race". I think he is the most full of bullsh** developer/president or what ever he is. I really don't care if his DOA series or Ninja Gaiden series don't come to the Playstation family.

that's why we have Virtua Fighter which every other fighter copied from and we have GOW which definetely over killed Ninja Gaiden. So i really don't care and he can bash all he wants he is probably pissed himself that his team is dumb enough that they couldn't even code in C++ or assembly language for the PS2. also about the Dev kits he broke are those xbox 360?.

Junox50
06-03-2005, 03:22 AM
you know what i think of that guy, i think he was killed back in 2001 by Bill Gates and Microsoft/Intel created a cybernetic organism which became his replacement. It was programmed to follow and worship Microsoft's Xbox till his life cycle expires which it's not due till the next 1000 years.

I have no hope for this guy and how does he go from "I only bring the DOA series to the strongest console" to "if you compare horsepower, it doesnít always mean that the car with the most horsepower will win the race". I think he is the most full of bullsh** developer/president or what ever he is. I really don't care if his DOA series or Ninja Gaiden series don't come to the Playstation family.

that's why we have Virtua Fighter which every other fighter copied from and we have GOW which definetely over killed Ninja Gaiden. So i really don't care and he can bash all he wants he is probably pissed himself that his team is dumb enough that they couldn't even code in C++ or assembly language for the PS2. also about the Dev kits he broke are those xbox 360?.

I believe that's what he was referring to.

I agree with just about everything you say. The more and more I read the articles with him in them, the more and more i see bull crap coming out of egotisical mouth. He's nothing more than a total hypocrit.

He was all over Xbox, for it being the most powerful. Now he goes from that to saying the car with the most horse power doesent win the race. :?

Bottom line: I think he's trying to just make excuses to stick with Xbox 360 at all costs.

mckmas8808
06-03-2005, 06:34 AM
Yep you got it guys. This guy can kiss off for all I care. I honestly don't think that DOA4 will be better than Tekken 6. I think Tekken on the PS3 can easily take DOA4 on the X360.

Goki
06-03-2005, 10:18 PM
DOA i dont care about.

But Ninja Gaiden... :cry:

Although, if I was in his shoes, id do the same thing, Itagaki has in several occasions said that he has NOT excluded developing for PS3, But since he has to push DOA4 for the 360 launch, he has to make sure people want the 360 because of his game, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be working on the PS3 as soon as it arrived, he just has to focus on DOA4 and 360 for now. After the 360 launch, im sure there be a wind changing....

Junox50
06-03-2005, 11:08 PM
After the 360 launch, im sure there be a wind changing....

We'll see.

imported_The_One
06-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Whatís your initial reaction to the Xbox 360 and the experiences youíve had to this point developing for it?

Itagaki-san: Itís still very early in the stages of development, so for both hardware and software we are working with the alpha kits. Iím looking forward to getting the next version of the hardware to move ahead. What youíve seen at this point from the trailer of DOA4 is running on the alpha development tools. Iíve already been abusing the alpha kits so much that I have destroyed five of them because it overheats being that I push it too far. This is the same stupid guy who turned down an offer to direct ZOE: 2nd runner, the same guy who said that DOA 2: Hardcore was as good as PS2 will get graphically, and lastly, it's the same guy that groaned and whined about how hard it was to program PS2 :roll:.

New stupid act to add to the record: Overheated 5 XBox 360 dev ktis already

Conclusion: This guy's an idoit, or maybe just an extreme case of Microsoft Fanboy-ism.

EDIT: I REALLY want to smack Itagaki now :evil:

While Itagaki was happy to talk about DOA4 for the Xbox 360, he expressed disappointment with other Japanese publishers for not trying hard enough.

"They are supposed to be software makers that represent Japan. I wonder if they have any pride. Given the world's strongest console, I was hoping to see some amazing graphics [from other developers], but I saw nothing," said Itagaki. "Some developers may be wondering what in the world that I'm saying, but they should bring something that's better than what I've made. I'm saying this from the kindness of my heart. If this continues, we'll really lose to America." World's strongest console my butt :roll:. This guy is definately a fanboy... :x

raVen
06-04-2005, 12:25 AM
graphically his game isnt even the best Full Auto and Gears of War are definately better

Junox50
06-04-2005, 12:27 AM

Itagaki-san: Itís still very early in the stages of development, so for both hardware and software we are working with the alpha kits. Iím looking forward to getting the next version of the hardware to move ahead. What youíve seen at this point from the trailer of DOA4 is running on the alpha development tools. Iíve already been abusing the alpha kits so much that I have destroyed five of them because it overheats being that I push it too far. This is the same stupid guy who turned down an offer to direct ZOE: 2nd runner, the same guy who said that DOA 2: Hardcore was as good as PS2 will get graphically, and lastly, it's the same guy that groaned and whined about how hard it was to program PS2 :roll:.

New stupid act to add to the record: Overheated 5 XBox 360 dev ktis already

Conclusion: This guy's an idoit, or maybe just an extreme case of Microsoft Fanboy-ism.

EDIT: I REALLY want to smack Itagaki now :evil:

While Itagaki was happy to talk about DOA4 for the Xbox 360, he expressed disappointment with other Japanese publishers for not trying hard enough.

"They are supposed to be software makers that represent Japan. I wonder if they have any pride. Given the world's strongest console, I was hoping to see some amazing graphics [from other developers], but I saw nothing," said Itagaki. "Some developers may be wondering what in the world that I'm saying, but they should bring something that's better than what I've made. I'm saying this from the kindness of my heart. If this continues, we'll really lose to America." World's strongest console my butt :roll:. This guy is definately a fanboy... :x

Oh my, what a jerk. :shock:

He doesent understand that developers care about money and not how much better their games will look.

He cares more about how his games look instead of making a profit.

Yeah, i agree, he's a fanboy and should be taken as one.

sub1zero
06-04-2005, 07:29 AM
OMG !!! LOL !!!! This thread and Itagaki or whatever this guy's name sure made my day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S :: If you want your day "made too" just visit the IGN boards of PS3 and Xbox 360 (In the Grattis Grotto section). There are some very strange and deluded fanboys in there. :shock: :?

HGwells
06-04-2005, 09:14 AM
He even annoys his peers

Tecmo's Tomonobu Itagaki disappointed by eastern 360 efforts

Dead or Alive 4 Producer Tomonobu Itagaki has expressed concern over current Xbox 360 efforts from Japanese developers.

Itagaki explained during an interview with Japanese magazine Famitsu that, after seeing other Japanese Xbox 360 games at E3, he came away disappointed with his contemporaries' efforts.

"They are supposed to be software makers that represent Japan," Itagaki proclaimed. "I wonder if they have any pride? Given the world's strongest console, I was hoping to see some amazing graphics [from other Japanese developers], but I saw nothing.

"Some developers may be wondering what in the world I am saying, but they should bring something that's better than what I've made. I'm saying this from the kindness of my heart. If this continues, we'll really lose to America."

Source (http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36158&subsectio nid=1586)

Does he think he is Microsoft's answer to Shigeru Miyamoto.
Being famous for making a copy of Tekken and Devil May Cry doesn't count for sh*t.

the legendary ice man
06-04-2005, 09:33 AM
I can't stand DOA games - dunno why, thy just don't suit my style....

anyway. Perhaps the lack of 'graphics' in his view is because developers have decided gameplay is better...

I wonder what he was doing when Square Enix showed their next-gen ideas and tech demos.

Junox50
06-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Does he think he is Microsoft's answer to Shigeru Miyamoto.
Being famous for making a copy of Tekken and Devil May Cry doesn't count for sh*t.

DOA is more like a copy of virtua fighter, he even stated it himself. He said it was more like a simplified version of Sega's game. Anyway, yeah i agree with the rest.

rev>thanu
06-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Well i don't know why Itagaki is complaining about how dissapointed he was when japanese giants showed off their Xbox 360s demos when his DOA4 looks exactly the same as DOA2 ultimate for xbox. it's really shamefull that he even says something like that when Mistwalker's RPG kills DOA4 in terms of beauty. He is definetely one cocky and confident Son of a *****. He thinks his games are the best in the world that dude definetely needs to come back to reality. If he would have been on sony wagon and shown DOA4 running he would definetely would have been put to shame by the FF7 techdemo and basically all techdemos shown that graphically over kill his recycled DOA engine.

WHAT A LOOSER

it's also sad to see how 5 xbox360 dev kits have broken up on him and we all thought MIKAMI was the only one that could that with the ps2 dev kits. i guess the xbox180 joined the crew :lol: .

mckmas8808
06-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Damn rev>thanu you took the words right out of my mouth. You're right if his demo would have been played during the PS3 section it would have been one of the worst by far.

Lumine
06-07-2005, 02:51 AM
Just a little more fuel for the Itagaki roast:

Kotaku said that he made the interviewer address all questions to the studs on his leather jacket's lapels
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/q-a/the-bad-question-interview-106032.php

imported_The_One
06-07-2005, 04:04 AM

Kotaku said that he made the interviewer address all questions to the studs on his leather jacket's lapels
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/q-a/the-bad-question-interview-106032.php Wow, what kind of jackarse is this guy? :roll:

Junox50
06-07-2005, 04:11 AM

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/q-a/the-bad-question-interview-106032.php Wow, what kind of jackarse is this guy? :roll:

A dumb one, that's for sure. :lol:

rev>thanu
06-07-2005, 04:21 AM

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/q-a/the-bad-question-interview-106032.php

WTF, does he think he's in some kind of alternate reality that's part of the DOA universe literally. I mean he looks like he's going to a costume party or those manga dress up shows. We have a new real kick ass DOA persona in the image of Itagaki.

imported_The_One
06-07-2005, 06:34 AM
I just lost the last bit of respect that I ever had for this guy... He's pretty damn sad, forcing the media to label his interview "Bad question interview" and making them address to his, what was it again? a stud? Gah, this guy is sad-majora.

mckmas8808
06-07-2005, 06:23 PM
There are WAY too many fighting and action games that compare or are better than what he produces to be arrogant like this. The teamxbox forum from this interview love this guy. They say he is the M. Jordan or Ali of gaming.

SH*T!! No way. To me Kojima is better than this guy. And other devs also put out the same quailty. I think Bunjie is about as good and they're on the MS payroll too.

imported_The_One
06-08-2005, 06:12 AM
M. Jordan or Ali of gaming? Those Xbox fanboys are on crack.

M. Jordan > Itagaki
Ali (who the hell is he/she?) > Itagaki
Old Bungie > Itagaki
New Bungie > Itagaki
Kojima > Itagaki
J. Allard = Itagaki :lol:

stanDarsh
06-08-2005, 06:29 AM
Ali (who the hell is he/she?) > Itagaki

Ali as in Muhammed Ali :P

Didn't you see that movie with Will Smith? Nope? Neither did I! :wink:

Junox50
06-08-2005, 07:33 AM
Ali is one of the greatest boxers that ever lived. To compare him to an arrogant, egotistial, idiotic, hypocrital, blundering fool that is Itagaki is just plain wrong.

There's nothing special about him. The fanboys only praise him like he's jesus christ because he supports their console. If he wasent, they would be talking about him like a dog. Pretty much he is a dog, a lap dog for Microsoft. :lol:

lilkoy123
06-08-2005, 10:14 AM
J. Allard = Itagaki :lol: :lol:

Fazares
06-09-2005, 07:20 PM
doa4 seems doa3,5 gfx wise....if this game will end with slightly better gfx than doau i will be uber disappointed... :x

rev>thanu
06-10-2005, 04:38 AM
So far the videos don't lie DOA4 looks like a recycled engine from DOA ultimate but displayed at HD quality, full scene 4x AA and progressive scan. It's really sad to see how that's what they had to show with more than a year and a half worth of development with the Dev kits. While square enix completely destroyed their presentation with the FF7 demo at the Sony press conference in just a month and a half. Even heavenly sword looks better, even killing Day looks noticeably better than DOA4 in terms of detail.

Seriously i know that the anime art direction of DOA games is basically the signature of the series. personally i would prefer if they adopt a better more realistic alternative to that anime style of this game. unless the prove me wrong and show me graphics the visually match their top end CGI they have included in NG and DOAU i will not feel differently about this whole situation.

DOA3
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/media/previews/image/doa3/bg21.jpg

DOA Beach Volleyball
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/doax_124.jpg

DOA2 ultimate
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/article/556/556634/dead-or-alive-ultimate-20041012035250476.jpg

DOA4(xbox 360)
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/615/615946/dead-or-alive-4-20050518103731221.jpg

This is what i expected from DOA4
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/deadvb6.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/deadvb12.jpg
http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/doax_220.jpg

it's pretty dissapointing to see how the best looking title of this generation is actually the worst looking out of the techdemos and specially the fact that it's a recycled engine.

nemesis121
06-10-2005, 05:29 AM
WOW you guys need to take a chill pill, I don't see you guys running around saying wtf is KK talking about when he calls X360 1.5, nah you guys actually love it you rejoice in it, it makes your day when your sony groupie speaks, you guys think he's a genius, but if a ms or ms groupie speaks and says something about PS3 or PS brand it's like they insulted you, you don't work for sony you buy there product you make them rich, but yet you get mad when some speaks ill about PS brand.

What's even worst is that gaming is supposed to be a hobby not some full time job, for some that are making games i understand, but for those who are just gamers it's sad to see how some of you guys act, this site and many more that only support 1 console have some of the worst ignorant gamers around, teamxbox is just as bad.

Alot of you guys sit up here and say I am not a fan boy, one moderator posted not to long ago please no trolling, but since it's a PS only board it's ok to troll other console, but you guys don't do it like the other idiots out there, that say PS3 sucks or X360 suck, nah you guys phrase it so nice that you don't come off sounding like a fanboy or a troll, but if someone comes on this site and say PS3 sucks you guys go all nuts OMG he insulted me blah blah blah.

You guys should remember one thing, games are for fun, not to be taken literally otherwise you will end up like these people that kill themself over there everquest account being deleted, or people killing over virtual swords, I never had a fight over a video game, or even got remotely angry over some dumb fanboy words, I love gaming but I don't love it that much.

rev>thanu
06-10-2005, 04:45 PM
WOW you guys need to take a chill pill, I don't see you guys running around saying wtf is KK talking about when he calls X360 1.5, nah you guys actually love it you rejoice in it, it makes your day when your sony groupie speaks, you guys think he's a genius, but if a ms or ms groupie speaks and says something about PS3 or PS brand it's like they insulted you, you don't work for sony you buy there product you make them rich, but yet you get mad when some speaks ill about PS brand.

What's even worst is that gaming is supposed to be a hobby not some full time job, for some that are making games i understand, but for those who are just gamers it's sad to see how some of you guys act, this site and many more that only support 1 console have some of the worst ignorant gamers around, teamxbox is just as bad.

Alot of you guys sit up here and say I am not a fan boy, one moderator posted not to long ago please no trolling, but since it's a PS only board it's ok to troll other console, but you guys don't do it like the other idiots out there, that say PS3 sucks or X360 suck, nah you guys phrase it so nice that you don't come off sounding like a fanboy or a troll, but if someone comes on this site and say PS3 sucks you guys go all nuts OMG he insulted me blah blah blah.

You guys should remember one thing, games are for fun, not to be taken literally otherwise you will end up like these people that kill themself over there everquest account being deleted, or people killing over virtual swords, I never had a fight over a video game, or even got remotely angry over some dumb fanboy words, I love gaming but I don't love it that much.

some of your arguments are valid and some are not. See this current Generation, Xbox came out and what were all microsoft fanboys saying "halo, our system is stronger, xbox live". they bashed ps2 because it was a weaker console, hard to program which alienated and limited most developers (which everyone here admits to be true). Well PS2 had basically all the best franchises and basically won this generation, stomping the competition in terms of numbers.

Microsoft always had their biased, insulting and game face on. they always bashed Sony saying sony this, sony that. I never once saw kutaragi stand in a press conference and say something bad about microsoft's product during this current generation until this E3. So what does that let us know that Microsoft doesn't know how to approach the situations they're in. If they see they're loosing then they start bashing and act like the little kid we stole candy from. What that let's you know is that they're unprofessional and don't deserve attention and we loose the respect we had for them as gamers that we are.

Now do you think that after all that bashing Sony doesn't deserve their revenge. Well Ken Kutaragi is ready and set, he now puts his game face on and starts the pay back. If kutaragi said xbox 360 should be called xbox 1.5 he has a reason. That's because xbox 360 has half the potential of PS3. Kutaragi is labeling the console but also on the side his comments aren't false. Ps3 is two times more powerfull than xbox 360. that's a given fact right there.

Also nemesis121 how do you expect any of us to say like WTF is ken kutaragi saying that xbox 360 is 1.5 when in fact mostly everyone here supports Sony and their vision of the future of gaming. Everyone knows that kutaragi's statements are true. Sony is think alot more ahead into the future while microsoft is just thinking of power. PS3 will not only outclass xbox 360 but it will also improvise the entertainment media all together. just look xbox 360 using regular DVD drives instead of a next gen DVD drive like blue ray or HD DVD. So kutaragi's comments are completely true and acceptable just as microsoft labeled the ps2 back when xbox was released.

So what i'm saying is that it's all a game, some of us act this way because it's a game. Once the war starts all gamers put their game faces on. You think that it's the developers and console hardware manufactures that drive this war. Hell no, it's us we're the reason they're there to begin with. So we gamers basically are the war sony, microsoft and nintendo are only providing us with the weapons. you think that if sony fails and looses all it's 3rd party support any of us will stay and follow, not really.

Also it's not because we are ignorant or biased it's because mostly what we say it's true. DOA4 looks like a recycled DOAU engine and video clips and pics don't lie about that. Also we were defending japanese developers for xbox 360 from Itagaki's insults saying that he was dissapointed with what japanese developers had to show. I mean go back and read. Mistwalker definetely showed us better looking games than what TECMO showed.

So nobody here is really bashing any console but we are bashing itagaki for his confidence and his stupidity.

Also we bash this guy not because he is on microsoft's side but because he is truely an idiot. He really thinks his games are the best on the planet and that he alone disserves that privillage. So i don't know why you say that we are all just fanboys but the truth is were not. If we have a reason to bash someone or somebody it's because they deserve it due to their idiotic coments and history.

So far most of microsoft's representive speakers, Itagaki and alot of xbox fanboys really deserve name tags on their foreheads for their idiotic statements. In the end do you really think that gaming drives my life or anyone else's here in this forum. No, it really doesn't but forum chating and even bashing is part of the fun in the generation wars. I have friends that own xbox and we're still friends. The fact that they love their xbox and microsoft that doesn't give me a reason to go and kill them for it. in the end they're my friends first and then we are gamers.

Now some kids do kill people because of gaming and that's because they lack parental guidance and control. Most of those kids that do kill people have had either anger management problems or something psychologically wrong. Also one thing is for sure if you let 6 years old kids play grand theft auto it will definetely affect their minds psychologically. They're getting educated with the game.

Some of these kids once they're grown up might show the side effects and some will understand that it was just a game that it's not real. it's the same as saying that you have a history of seeing your father hit your mother or using drugs etc. it's mostlikely that the person will end up just as the father was.

That's why these days you see kids killing each other over stupid things. So i think that you're really getting the wrong impression of this forum. most of us here don't bash microsoft or their game developers unless is something that we know it's true. what we do the most in this forum is try to dissprove is microsoft's lies and bashing.

Fazares
06-10-2005, 05:21 PM

some of your arguments are valid and some are not. See this current Generation, Xbox came out and what were all microsoft fanboys saying "halo, our system is stronger, xbox live". they bashed ps2 because it was a weaker console, hard to program which alienated and limited most developers (which everyone here admits to be true). Well PS2 had basically all the best franchises and basically won this generation, stomping the competition in terms of numbers.

Microsoft always had their biased, insulting and game face on. they always bashed Sony saying sony this, sony that. I never once saw kutaragi stand in a press conference and say something bad about microsoft's product during this current generation until this E3. So what does that let us know that Microsoft doesn't know how to approach the situations they're in. If they see they're loosing then they start bashing and act like the little kid we stole candy from. What that let's you know is that they're unprofessional and don't deserve attention and we loose the respect we had for them as gamers that we are.

Now do you think that after all that bashing Sony doesn't deserve their revenge. Well Ken Kutaragi is ready and set, he now puts his game face on and starts the pay back. If kutaragi said xbox 360 should be called xbox 1.5 he has a reason. That's because xbox 360 has half the potential of PS3. Kutaragi is labeling the console but also on the side his comments aren't false. Ps3 is two times more powerfull than xbox 360. that's a given fact right there.

Also nemesis121 how do you expect any of us to say like WTF is ken kutaragi saying that xbox 360 is 1.5 when in fact mostly everyone here supports Sony and their vision of the future of gaming. Everyone knows that kutaragi's statements are true. Sony is think alot more ahead into the future while microsoft is just thinking of power. PS3 will not only outclass xbox 360 but it will also improvise the entertainment media all together. just look xbox 360 using regular DVD drives instead of a next gen DVD drive like blue ray or HD DVD. So kutaragi's comments are completely true and acceptable just as microsoft labeled the ps2 back when xbox was released.

So what i'm saying is that it's all a game, some of us act this way because it's a game. Once the war starts all gamers put their game faces on. You think that it's the developers and console hardware manufactures that drive this war. Hell no, it's us we're the reason they're there to begin with. So we gamers basically are the war sony, microsoft and nintendo are only providing us with the weapons. you think that if sony fails and looses all it's 3rd party support any of us will stay and follow, not really.

Also it's not because we are ignorant or biased it's because mostly what we say it's true. DOA4 looks like a recycled DOAU engine and video clips and pics don't lie about that. Also we were defending japanese developers for xbox 360 from Itagaki's insults saying that he was dissapointed with what japanese developers had to show. I mean go back and read. Mistwalker definetely showed us better looking games than what TECMO showed.

So nobody here is really bashing any console but we are bashing itagaki for his confidence and his stupidity.

Also we bash this guy not because he is on microsoft's side but because he is truely an idiot. He really thinks his games are the best on the planet and that he alone disserves that privillage. So i don't know why you say that we are all just fanboys but the truth is were not. If we have a reason to bash someone or somebody it's because they deserve it due to their idiotic coments and history.

So far most of microsoft's representive speakers, Itagaki and alot of xbox fanboys really deserve name tags on their foreheads for their idiotic statements. In the end do you really think that gaming drives my life or anyone else's here in this forum. No, it really doesn't but forum chating and even bashing is part of the fun in the generation wars. I have friends that own xbox and we're still friends. The fact that they love their xbox and microsoft that doesn't give me a reason to go and kill them for it. in the end they're my friends first and then we are gamers.

Now some kids do kill people because of gaming and that's because they lack parental guidance and control. Most of those kids that do kill people have had either anger management problems or something psychologically wrong. Also one thing is for sure if you let 6 years old kids play grand theft auto it will definetely affect their minds psychologically. They're getting educated with the game.

Some of these kids once they're grown up might show the side effects and some will understand that it was just a game that it's not real. it's the same as saying that you have a history of seeing your father hit your mother or using drugs etc. it's mostlikely that the person will end up just as the father was.

That's why these days you see kids killing each other over stupid things. So i think that you're really getting the wrong impression of this forum. most of us here don't bash microsoft or their game developers unless is something that we know it's true. what we do the most in this forum is try to dissprove is microsoft's lies and bashing.
rev,its embarassing that do4 is so close to doa3 and doau gfx...tecmo was always known for his outstanding games,gfx wise...
doa4 hitomi is the same as her doau equivalent....i checked the pics so many times to find out any differences... :cry:
if doa4 will end with this gfx...then kutaragi is right...xbox1,5... :lol:

rev>thanu
06-10-2005, 05:49 PM
that's what i'm saying and weren't the dev kits handed out almost 2 years ago. It's shameful that not even the texture quality has improved.
What do i notice visually that has improved, well the colors are brighter and the image quality is now shown at HD res. Wow a big difference that is. They had almost 2 years now, it's just unexplainable and inexcusable.

Also i believe that the masked wrestler in DOA4 could be that dark skin girl in the pic from DOA Extreme beach volleyball. you know since they love to recycle their engine and characters. i don't know her name cuz i never played the game. it's sad really and also notice how in DOAU Kazumi's fingers actually have visible motion while in DOA4 christie's fingers look stiff and act as if though she has claws for hands. :lol:

it's just not what i expected coming from Tecmo. were are the bump maps, normal maps etc. The skin still looks like it's just one color with no texture. even the animations are the same, look at the hair animations, it responds the same way in both games and probably it always will animate that way as long as you keep doing the same move. :lol:

Fazares
06-10-2005, 05:56 PM
that's what i'm saying and weren't the dev kits handed out almost 2 years ago. It's shameful that not even the texture quality has improved.
What do i notice visually that has improved, well the colors are brighter and the image quality is now shown at HD res. Wow a big difference that is. They had almost 2 years now, it's just unexplainable and inexcusable.

Also i believe that the masked wrestler in DOA4 could be that dark skin girl in the pic from DOA Extreme beach volleyball. you know since they love to recycle their engine and characters. i don't know her name cuz i never played the game. it's sad really and also notice how in DOAU Kazumi's fingers actually have visible motion while in DOA4 christie's fingers look stiff and act as if though she has claws for hands. :lol:

it's just not what i expected coming from Tecmo. were are the bump maps, normal maps etc. The skin still looks like it's just one color with no texture. even the animations are the same, look at the hair animations, it responds the same way in both games and probably it always will animate that way as long as you keep doing the same move. :lol:
anyway...this game is still 15 per cent complete..lets wait...

rev>thanu
06-10-2005, 06:05 PM

anyway...this game is still 15 per cent complete..lets wait...

yeah but with almost 2 years of R&D they could have done better with the GFX. i also highly doubt that graphically it will get better than what it is right now unless they scratch the whole thing and start all over with a new engine built to take advantage of xbox 360 power because this game really isn't doing any justice to the console.

imported_The_One
06-10-2005, 06:11 PM

You guys should remember one thing, games are for fun, not to be taken literally otherwise you will end up like these people that kill themself over there everquest account being deleted, or people killing over virtual swords, I never had a fight over a video game, or even got remotely angry over some dumb fanboy words, I love gaming but I don't love it that much. Grow up kid, and READ. We did not say anything bad about the Xbox 360, nor did Itagaki say anything bad about the PS3. We are dissing ITAGAKI because he's a retarded idoit. You don't see KK making his interviewers address their questions to a "leather Stud" nor do they force their interviewers to publish the interview with a retarded title such as "The Stupid Question interview".

Junox50
06-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Grow up kid, and READ. We did not say anything bad about the Xbox 360, nor did Itagaki say anything bad about the PS3. We are dissing ITAGAKI because he's a retarded idoit. You don't see KK making his interviewers address their questions to a "leather Stud" nor do they force their interviewers to publish the interview with a retarded title such as "The Stupid Question interview".

Exactly. He's a cocky, ignorent freak. There's no other developer worse than him, imo. I dont see how all of us should be considered horrible fanboys if we're talking about one person who acts stupid and childish just because he thinks highly of himself. :?

Lumine
06-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Wow, that girl doing the flying kick has one hell of a broken ankle. I hope she doesn't plan on landing on it.

I would like to take a stance on the utility of bashing other systems. It has its known downsides; it might not come across as professional and it can alienate some players. However, these can also be good things. If you are trying to cater to the home-brewed video game developers or the players that hate the big corporations, it may be beneficial to appear unprofessional. Also, it can be beneficial to alienate and polarize the market, this is basically what apple does. They have a small base of rabidly fanatical followers, and if thats what you want then bashing can help get you there.