PDA

View Full Version : How does this whole getting online with my PSP work?

shin asura
03-16-2005, 04:37 AM
I've been hearing that you can get online and play people on the internet with a wireless router, how does it work exactly, does my PSP get an IP from my WIFI router and I just search for games and it finds me open games? If not how does it work.

98GTi-VR6
03-16-2005, 01:36 PM
For games that feature Online play (like ATV, Twisted Metal, Gretzky, etc) that's EXACLTY how it works.

For games with only local wireless (ad-hoc games), to play with other people across the internet, you'd have to use Kai X-link and tunnel a connection.

ljames28
03-16-2005, 03:53 PM
There is a guide over on the x-link website of what to do. You need a computer with a wireless network card you cannot use it with a wireless router.

98GTi-VR6
03-16-2005, 04:43 PM
There is a guide over on the x-link website of what to do. You need a computer with a wireless network card you cannot use it with a wireless router.

That's only if you want to use X-link.

If you're going to use games with Online capabilities like ATV, Gretzky, and Twisted Metal, you either need a wifi router/access point or a hot spot.

ljames28
03-16-2005, 04:52 PM

That's only if you want to use X-link.

If you're going to use games with Online capabilities like ATV, Gretzky, and Twisted Metal, you either need a wifi router/access point or a hot spot.

That's why i said 'it', i was reffering to x-link :roll:

98GTi-VR6
03-16-2005, 05:12 PM
:oops: sorry!! just didn't want to confuse things!