N DS Disadvantages:
* Design not very attractive
* Slightly worse graphics

Choose from...

Option (A) Sony PSP
or
Option (B) Nintendo DS

http://image.lik-sang.com/content/nintendo-ds/nintendo-ds1.jpg

I choose the Nintendo DS. I am a full Sony supporter, as a matter of fact i hate Nintendo, always have, but i just cant be satisfied with 2 hours of game paly. Nintendo DS provides decent 3d graphics with 2 screens for easy display of scores and game. I dont like the design of the DS, the PSP looks much better, but i bet if the Nintendo improved or made another colour (which they will) like "Black" that would look much better. Sorry Sony, but Nintendo wins this round.

Graphics isn't every thing. Dont forget that 2 hours of game play feels like 10 minutes and if your on a long trip, why should you carry a massive PSP and a huge mfkn battery pack which just adds onto the weight.

stanDarsh
05-13-2004, 01:22 PM
I choose the Nintendo DS. I am a full Sony supporter, as a matter of fact i hate Nintendo, always have, but i just cant be satisfied with 2 hours of game paly. Nintendo DS provides decent 3d graphics with 2 screens for easy display of scores and game. I dont like the design of the DS, the PSP looks much better, but i bet if the Nintendo improved or made another colour (which they will) like "Black" that would look much better. Sorry Sony, but Nintendo wins this round.

Graphics isn't every thing. Dont forget that 2 hours of game play feels like 10 minutes and if your on a long trip, why should you carry a massive PSP and a huge mfkn battery pack which just adds onto the weight.

PSP is only slightly bigger than GBA. Battery life was just an estimation, the 2 hours you speak of was for playing Movies not games, besides for all we know they may improve the battery life before it launches. Also if you are in the car, as if you wouldnt plug your psp into the cigarette lighter!

I personally intend to get both PSP and DS, both look impressive in their own right!

Kiwi
05-13-2004, 01:32 PM
I'll be getting both, but if I did have to choose between the two, I would go for the PSP.

slayerx
05-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Psp for me because im a *sony fanboy 8) * enough said

No honestly i think they will find a solution to the battery power and you said psp is heavy did you see the specs its not that bad and i think the better graphics and much longer list of developers and the cool look it has easily sways it for me

0vtd
05-13-2004, 02:46 PM
PSP because i love sony

Makaveli_786
05-13-2004, 03:11 PM
Both for me!

Accel
05-13-2004, 05:52 PM
both for me too 8)

dead jr
05-13-2004, 07:02 PM
both if I feel like it but if only one PSP all the way
and the games arew not repeats of psone
there new and some repeats os PS2 games
slow poke :lol: just playing

julps31
05-13-2004, 07:06 PM
I haven't heard the specs for the DS but from what i've seen both are going to be good, but I would choose PSP.

Fats
05-13-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm going to get a PSP without a doubt, but if the DS interests me and I have the funds then I'll consider buying both. Just because I'm greedy. :wink:

rev>thanu
05-13-2004, 08:55 PM
what are you talking about. the sony representative said ( and this was posted at ign as offical news) that psp battery will last for 10 hours over all battery life and how fast the battery is drained depends on what functions you are using on psp. but so far nothing has been confirmed.

Blade2t3
05-13-2004, 09:33 PM
Im sorry but the DS just beats the PSP. WiFi internet connection for online play, voice recognition , Touch screen technolgy, and wireless 16 player lan. PSP just sounds bland in comparison just a PS2 that you can walk around with plus thoses renders of the DS make it look a bit shit look at a real picture of it it aint that bad although i do agree the psp does have a slightly better desighn.

games_ fan
05-13-2004, 09:45 PM
The ds has better features but the psp looks better.

ultimategamer2004
05-13-2004, 09:48 PM
All the features of the psp have not been revealed yet,.,.,

I will probably get the ds at some time when the price is lower than it starts out as which will be cheap and i will definatly get the psp as long as it is no more than 180..

Blade2t3
05-13-2004, 09:50 PM
Dosnt the PSP have infa red the wireless gaming on it was dropped wasnt it

ultimategamer2004
05-13-2004, 09:56 PM
ONLY 2 hours of gameplay is a big problem.

Makaveli_786
05-13-2004, 10:27 PM
Where did you get 2 hours of gameplay?

The dude said 10 hours for Music and Games and 2.5 hours for watching a movie.

Blade2t3
05-13-2004, 10:29 PM
ONLY 2 hours of gameplay is a big problem.

How many times do you ppl have to be told

2.5 movies (hmm does that mean we cant watch lord of the rings)
10 for games and music.

Alastor
05-13-2004, 10:42 PM
I'll be getting both. The PSP and DS both have strong points, and I love portable gaming.

gamingmonkey2004
05-14-2004, 12:22 AM
PSP Advantages:
* Good graphics
* Large screen
* DVD/Media player
* Wireless LAN

PSP Disadvantages:
* Large
* Heavy
* Single screen
*ONLY 2 HOURS OF GAME PLAY

==================================================
N DS Advantages:
* 2 Screens for easy and simple play
* Flip design protects the screen
* Play all classic Nintendo games, not PS Generation repeats
* Long lasting battery

N DS Disadvantages:
* Design not very attractive
* Slightly worse graphics

Choose from...

Option (A) Sony PSP
or
Option (B) Nintendo DS

i cant believe you said so of this...how is one screen a disadvantage!? you play everything with one screen! how is that a disadvantage? PS repeats? i didnt hear of any PS repeats they are compltly new games...except GT4 and Ape Escape..but i think thats a PSP specail not a repeat. i mean Metal Gear Acid...never heard of that one...Death Jr. many more...and you put something about an advantage is a big screen then in disadvantages you put to big. one or the other dude pick

elheber
05-14-2004, 06:41 AM
Very well, single screen isn't a disadvantage... but cost may be. I was surprised i didn't read price in the comparison.

I'd still get the PSP for the sole reason of having the power of a PS2 in my hands. If it isn't as powerful i'd be real dissapointed.

brownbeaner2
05-14-2004, 06:45 AM
Psp for me, PS2 quality games in your pocket, not much more needed!
and for those who cant get it through their head 8-10 hours of gameplay, and im sure it will increase by the time it is released.

L3XO
05-14-2004, 09:30 AM
the 1 screen was a disadvantage because the DS has two screens. so in theory i should erase the single screen thing, but anyways...

i dont see how a movie could drain a battery faster than a game. they both have high quality picture and sound and both use a disc. it just dosnt make any sense.

elheber
05-14-2004, 05:22 PM
i dont see how a movie could drain a battery faster than a game. they both have high quality picture and sound and both use a disc. it just dosnt make any sense.
I think that when they said "game", they meant Pong running off the RAM.

games_ fan
05-14-2004, 05:45 PM
The games havn't quite reched reality so it will take more battery power to run real life graphics.

rev>thanu
05-14-2004, 05:58 PM
psp has now 32MB of ram and 4mb or eDRam.

Crono
05-14-2004, 06:10 PM
DS
Design not very FINAL!
IGN said they tried out the DS before E3 and were told that the E3 design was NOT the final design but just a prototype.

Fats
05-14-2004, 07:25 PM
DS
Design not very FINAL!
IGN said they tried out the DS before E3 and were told that the E3 design was NOT the final design but just a prototype.

Well, thank god for that... :)

Makaveli_786
05-14-2004, 07:29 PM
So that means the DS could be even more powerful than it is now??

Or do you mean theyr just redesigning the way it looks?

Fats
05-14-2004, 07:34 PM
I think that they are talking design wise, perhaps they have realised that it look PANTS. :x

Makaveli_786
05-14-2004, 07:36 PM
It doesnt look all that bad to me :?

Fats
05-14-2004, 07:43 PM
It doesn't look as good as the PSP though. I just think that it looks like a toy, something which Nintendo should try and stay clear off...

richjwild
05-14-2004, 07:56 PM
i read somewhere that sum nintendo guy sed that the ds on display was "damn" near what it would end up being like

games_ fan
05-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Even if they just made the edges rounder and made the sceen slightly bigger it would look beeter. It looks okay now but it could look better.

klaymen
05-15-2004, 04:16 AM
what about the ngage qd? hahahaha, just kidding. but you should have had an option for both.

hansumgent
05-15-2004, 02:48 PM
the 1 screen was a disadvantage because the DS has two screens. so in theory i should erase the single screen thing, but anyways...

I'd imagine that a movie would have to keep the disk spinning for the full 2 hours, where with a game, you can load a level then spin it down. Depending on how long it takes to spin back up, may not even be noticable (not like we aren't using to seeing "LOADING" messages already LOL!)

Omega Blue
05-15-2004, 03:17 PM

I'd imagine that a movie would have to keep the disk spinning for the full 2 hours, where with a game, you can load a level then spin it down. Depending on how long it takes to spin back up, may not even be noticable (not like we aren't using to seeing "LOADING" messages already LOL!)

you have just gain some respect from me for that post, and you are correct. since the PSP has much smaller textures it can pre-cache the textures and not need to go back to the UMD for information every 5 seconds. any type of disc drive are very power hungry. especially when moving at full speed for 2.5 hours. while with games the textures are cached then swapped when needed with the disc drive. given the PSP's cores probly use 90nm tech with less transistors meaning the PSP's EE does not need near the power that the Ps2's (especially old ones) uses.

First Post: L3XO you say the PSP is Large and Heavy, then the DS much be near the size of the PSP, thicker and just as heavy, why are these not dis-advantages for the DS? surely you have read and weighed the PSP and DS then measures there sizes before using weight and size as a factor? i've seen the movies of the guys and girls holding the PSP, it looks far from large.

Crono
05-15-2004, 06:32 PM

DragonKore
05-15-2004, 09:37 PM
PSP Disadvantages:
* Large
* Heavy

What the hell are you smoking? The PSP is not large and it is not heavy. It weighs half a pound. :shock:

ainsley
05-15-2004, 09:56 PM

I agree. im sure it was 2 hours for audio+visual(games, movies) and 10 hours for audio(mp3). Though gaming will last longer than movies because of less disk activity.

Stinkin Mushroom
05-15-2004, 11:23 PM
It's 2 hours for movies but for games it will be longer! Think about it, a movie uses all the time the UMD and read it all the time! for the games it loads the level and then it doesn't really use it anymore ... the UMD for games is used when loading, not all the time that you play o it will be about 7 - 8 hours of play i think !

ultimategamer2004
05-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Nope only 2 and a half hours of gameplay.

ainsley
05-15-2004, 11:44 PM
1 things for sure and thats the UMD will drain the most juice of all components in the PSP, which begs the question, which is better, UMD or cartridge?

UMD:
Pros: cheaper? more capacity

Cons: Probably not 100% jump free, drains juice (not disk itself, the drive motor), information needs to be loaded

Cartridge:
Pros: 100% jump free, likely not to drain juice like umd cos theres no motors, no loading screens!

Cons: Expensive, less capacity than UMD.

Nintendo made the mistake of using catridges in the n64 in my opinion, but this time sticking with cartridges for handheld gaming is probably the right thing to do.

i should of created a new vote thread for this.

vulcan4d
05-16-2004, 05:17 PM
PSP hands down! To me it's a no brainer =)

Ress Cor
05-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Ok, you guys are just saying stuff out of your a$$

a) PSP willl load a game, then the disc drive can power down, therefore, 8-10 hours of gameplay on a single charge is MORE than ENOUGH. How old are you people? Do you really want to sit there for like 10 hours straight like a complete moron playing a game on a handheld? I bet your back will start to hurt and you'll get pretty stiff after only two hours, then you'll turn off the PSP, go to the washroom, and get back to your miserable life.

b) DO NOT COMPARE DS to PSP, completely different machines, safe to say I'm not going to blow my money on either, because face it, handheld gaming is for little kids no matter who makes the system. When ever I see middle aged men play games on their cell phones only the word "dork" comes to mind. I had a prof at my University who had Gameboy SP, and safe to say I kinda lost respect for him cause he was so excited about it like it the greatest fucking thing he ever saw, judging that he had an iMac, GBA graphics were probably something he's never seen before but still, the guy was 40 and his wife was just shaking her head.

c) Some girls like games, but not all, and girls need attention, so if you a get a girlfriend and go on a trip, its safe to say she is not going to tolerate you ignoring her, or even worse, she'll take the damn thing away from you and play it herself, ignoring you, and you'll feel pretty fucking bad because a little PSP is more interesting than you are.

d) Get the point?

e) Bite me.

b1nary
05-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Just give me the PSPS :D
it looks awsome and i'm a little bit addicted to sony stuff :)

games_ fan
05-16-2004, 09:31 PM
The ds will use discs and that will have about 10 hours of gaming before needing a recharch. The psp uses discs but they might be a different type so I think it'll have about 5 hours before needing a recharge. If it did only last 2 hours then you woudn't have time to save in some games before the battery goes. That would be a waste of time.

Ress Cor
05-17-2004, 08:14 AM
Do only idiots post in this thread? Go to page 3 read my post before posting! God you people love to make yourself look stupid sometimes.

MayaMagician3D
05-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Do you really want to sit there for like 10 hours straight like a complete moron playing a game on a handheld?

Notice how you are the only one saying this, calm this animosity you have against us.

I'm not going to blow my money on either, because face it, handheld gaming is for little kids no matter who makes the system.

You my friend are a moron, plain and simple, you are just insecure with yourself and a prude and you think people should follow your miserable way of life. You are acting childish by trying desperately to act like an adult.

safe to say I kinda lost respect for him cause he was so excited about it

The Anti-moron software on my PC went crazy when i saw this one right here, you lose respect in people just because they get excited about something, this explains a lot.

Some girls like games, but not all, and girls need attention

Evidently you have no girlfriend, and its safe to say you really dont know anything about having a relationship with someone because if you did you wouldnt be saying these things, and do you really think people are going to let their gaming get in between their girlfriend/wife ?

In closing I have to say that all of us were refreshed and challenged by your insignificant point of view, now get lost.

(spelling mistakes may occur but that's because my wifes not looking)

oh yeah iam on the fence between the DS and the PSP, but i might just pick up both. :D

slayerx
05-17-2004, 12:13 PM
So just because people see people playing games on cell phones and think there "dorks" mean you think the same one phrase springs to mind

Baaaaaah

Go back to your pen you sheep and whats with all the stereotypical rubbish your talking ??

DappaDizzle
05-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Do you really want to sit there for like 10 hours straight like a complete moron playing a game on a handheld?

Notice how you are the only one saying this, calm this animosity you have against us.

I'm not going to blow my money on either, because face it, handheld gaming is for little kids no matter who makes the system.

You my friend are a moron, plain and simple, you are just insecure with yourself and a prude and you think people should follow your miserable way of life. You are acting childish by trying desperately to act like an adult.

safe to say I kinda lost respect for him cause he was so excited about it

The Anti-moron software on my PC went crazy when i saw this one right here, you lose respect in people just because they get excited about something, this explains a lot.

Some girls like games, but not all, and girls need attention

Evidently you have no girlfriend, and its safe to say you really dont know anything about having a relationship with someone because if you did you wouldnt be saying these things, and do you really think people are going to let their gaming get in between their girlfriend/wife ?

In closing I have to say that all of us were refreshed and challenged by your insignificant point of view, now get lost.

(spelling mistakes may occur but that's because my wifes not looking)

oh yeah iam on the fence between the DS and the PSP, but i might just pick up both. :D

you said just what i whould say and also i am geting a psp defo and maybe the ds if its a good price

Makaveli_786
05-17-2004, 05:22 PM
LOL, I bet it feels great when your first post is one that picks apart an idiots post :D

Ress Cor
05-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Excuse me is this for real? Another idiot with no profile decides he has balls to take me on. But you got balls, just no brains.

If you can't take a joke, then I suggest you get a life. Because you obviously don't have one coming here and thinking you're all that. You try to be smart by saying "against us", no actually it has nothing to do with you, and you're too new here to identify with the rest of us.

How the F does not wanting to buy a KIDS toy make me insecure? Maybe its because I have grown up and I have cars, homes, and family on my mind and yea I forgot to mention my University degree.

You sir are a fucking moron.

Some people get excited over stupid things, Anti moron software? Right, ok, sure, I can't believe you're so retarded.

Hahahahaha, you're very funny, I'm not going to get into this with a total stranger, because I'm afraid I might hurt your feelings.

Hahaha I got a huge laugh out of your post, you have no life, no friends, and you're taking out your misserable existance on me, you picked the wrong person to pick on, cause I'll tear you to pieces on these posts.
You got a wife? You sure you're married? I don't think so, women aren't that stupid are they? Man I am sorry for her, you must be the worst piece of shit to crawl out of a sewer in a long time.

Snake
05-17-2004, 08:29 PM
I am too excitad about the PSP I don't really care about the DS

ultimategamer2004
05-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Comone the DS will be quite a good 1 i think but i think the psp will be slightly better if i can i think i might try both..

Kiwi
05-17-2004, 10:38 PM
Time to put this one away.....