PDA

View Full Version : I Just Realized Something.....

Nate
05-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Ocarica of Time kicks major fucking ass. Ive been trying to get in the mood for the new Zelda by replaying this one and I regained enlightenment by doing so. The final battle is what gets me all giddy, seeing a 20 foot Ganon towering in front of Link as Link just stands there looking up at him unafraid, ready for a showdown. That shot right there made me feel like all that crap I went through was worth it getting to fight this awsome boss. More games need to be like this. And I hope this new Zelda dosnt dissapoint, seeing as how Wind Waker did. It was a good game, but I want a little more bang for my buck than just sword fighting with a green old fart on top of a tower. When I fight a final boss...I wanna feel like I really want to beat this guy, as if I was really Link, which Ocarina of Time executed very well. I guess there isnt really a point to my thread other than expressing my love for this game. Replay Ocarina of Time and I think you'll understand what I mean.

fishbonetaher
05-06-2005, 05:29 PM
i myself didn't like the final boss fight (ganondorf and ganon) in ocarina of time. It was very easy, and in y opinion a zelda game should always end with a huge sword fight, where a player has to demonstrate the skills he/she has learned throughout the game.

SuperLuigiBros
05-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Im kinda replaying it aswell. Both of my brothers started new files a while ago. one master quest and the other normal. i helped my older brother beat the water temple (on master quest) and then played through till the shaddow temple i think (maybe it was to the geurrudo place) but ive forgotten about all the awsome side quests that made the game so cool. i was playing the water temple on normal for my little brother today. the only this i find annoying in this game is how you have to keep pressing start to change the boots in the water temple. i hope is quicker in the new zelda.
once im done with school and have a lot of time on my hands im going to play through this again, unless the new zelda comes out.
But yes, i know exactly what you mean. if they ported it to DS id buy it straight away because i could play it in school and in car trips and things. ( i dont get much time to play consoles anymore, but handhelds you can play anywhere) :)

Vishus
05-06-2005, 05:50 PM
The only reason other Zelda/similar games had it so hard for me was because I battled with the control. I'm pretty sure the SNes was very limited when you played platformers. Also Majora improved as a final boss. The last boss in Wind Waker required a much more complex use of the sword which WW provided just not enough use of other items. Also hardly anyone can make a control as simple as Wario World. Changing boots in Zelda was nothing compared to the existence of Tomb Raider controls and the lack of a joystick on a PS controller. In fact we have it better than the Zelda controls on the GB which used two buttons only and you changed one or both buttons almost every room at times in later dungeons. Zelda controls on the SNES had one button to change item.

Lynk Former
05-06-2005, 06:30 PM
I loved the final battle with Ganon. Everything was just done so damn well, it was dark, the mood seemed like it was all desperate, the music helped with that too. Eventhough it's actually a pretty easy fight, you feel like it's an impossible task at first as Ganon towers over you and the lightning bolts crack in the distance. But yeah, it's a really easy boss battle...

Nate
05-06-2005, 07:14 PM
^you know exactly what im talking about. It was pretty damn dark, which covered ganons visage a little bit but that kind of adds to the mystery of how monsterous this thing you are fighting is. Greatest game ever.

fishbonetaher
05-06-2005, 07:26 PM
non-the less, it was an extremely easy battle, i want a zelda games with battles similar to devil ay cry 3, where there is actual sword contact, and you have to think about how you have to react and move when an enemy does a specific attack. Also zelda games, aren't known for their tough bosses, seriously people think about it for a second and you will realize that the scheme in zelda games is to use the weapon you found in the dungeon to defeat the boss. Do that and you won the boss, throughout the years i have found that zelda bosses are becoing less difficult and more moronic, especially WW. I admit that the bosses look great, but the level of difficulty in the is proposterous, and with each boss there is always a specific way to kill him, and that is using the new weapon. This new zelda should apply the system where all weapons should work, unless the boss has some kind of shield stopping that weapon. the bosses should also have multiple methods of attack, and should be able to move around. becuase now a days from what i remember from zelda games, bosses are usually big, don't move a lot, stuck to the ground, and to avoid their attacks, just run around them. This new zelda better provide me with something new, something fresh, because the zelda gameplay system, although i love, is starting to become tedious and repetitive.

Flamin Scotsman
05-06-2005, 07:27 PM
I AGREE WITH ACHMED...its anticlimactic when the boss doesnt take as much skill as it should... examples are in gs2 when a sdie boss was 10times harder than the final boss.

in oot i actually thought phantom ganon was harder and more exciting than real gannon
same as in ww, the second time you fough shadow gannon was the hardest fight
embarrisingly enough i havent ocmpleted mm, i ran out of time the first time and then my card broke, and when i played it recently i waded through 5 hours or hard stuff unsavwed when a crow stone my bottle.., but the fish boss, and the worms were killer.

i also dont see why people have such a problem with wind waker, it was beautiful and great in its own way, there could have been more dungeons, but i enjoyed the ones we had, i loved the cell shading as welll i found i was easier able to emphasies and get emotionally invled with them. and people act like it was graphically inferior, although it was cell shaded, it had load going on at one time on the screen and there was little subtleties in the design, one being the reflection and sun shining off the mirror shield.
i also liked the music in it

Bloodman
05-06-2005, 07:38 PM
I love how the music ties into the boss battle. Ganon is so kick ass and I hope he's in the new one. And the area where you fought Ganon made it seem like a gladiator battle, which to me added 100% more fun into it. Fighting ganon was definetely the best boss battle in any game I have ever played.

fishbonetaher
05-06-2005, 07:47 PM
^ try playing Devil May Cry 3, it will show the true meaning of a boss character.

Vishus
05-06-2005, 08:16 PM
As you guys think Zelda for some reason went down starting with WW I seem to remember DMC2's existence. That was terrible. Also DMC has a different focus than Zelda.

Lynk Former
05-06-2005, 09:02 PM
I do agree that these Boss battles can be too easy. The final boss in a game should be extremely hard and require you to do more than just do certain moves and then repeat. It needs to be more frantic and seem less staged in terms of what attacks the boss unleashes and what kind of "mood" it's in.

tonic
05-06-2005, 09:39 PM
I AGREE WITH ACHMED...its anticlimactic when the boss doesnt take as much skill as it should... examples are in gs2 when a sdie boss was 10times harder than the final boss.
Are you kidding? Having a side quest boss harder than the last boss is a staple in great RPGs. The last boss should be difficult, true, but having an even tougher enemy to come back to is the real challenge in a game.
Best examples are Ruby Weapon (FFVII) and Bonetail (PM:TTYD).

OutlawAdidas
05-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Emerald Weapon in FF7

dork
05-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I love OoT. I think I'll go back and play it again soon. Thanks for the encouragement Nate.

(my favorite boss of all time is Metroid Prime)

Lynk Former
05-06-2005, 10:37 PM
ooh the Essence of Metroid Prime battle was setup so well :D I love that battle too.

Bloodman
05-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Metroid Prime is a good boss but it's last form was really repetetive.

Nexus
05-07-2005, 05:47 AM
The only build up to the new Zelda I am doing is finishing Master Quest. I love the last battle with Ganon, the atmosphere is briallant.

ooh the Essence of Metroid Prime battle was setup so well :D I love that battle too.
I know what you mean. I have been playing through MP2 on hard mode and the boss battles are excellent.

Lynk Former
05-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Metroid Prime is a good boss but it's last form was really repetetive.
It is, which is a shame, I mean you don't really think about it the first time you go against a boss but like I said before in an earlier posts, I really do wish developers would make bosses more variable.

SuperLuigiBros
05-07-2005, 11:00 AM
The bosses in MP and MP2 were awsome, or at least the ones I versed. I havnt beaten either of them. :( I'm ashamed. Ive played through about 80% of MP 3 times and i got up to the bit in MP2 were you have to find those things (the ones were the dead lith-somethings (inhabitants of the world) give you clues). I play through the holidays and dont finish and then I dont get enough time when im in school and when the next holidays come around ive forgotten the controls and more importantly the storyline and were to go.

Back on topic: The bosses in Zelda are great i think. But I'd like them to be the ones were you have to play them through a couple of times and get better and better at them to beat them. Not so its frustrating, but so i dont go in and beat him in like 3 seconds.

Flamin Scotsman
05-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Are you kidding? Having a side quest boss harder than the last boss is a staple in great RPGs. The last boss should be difficult, true, but having an even tougher enemy to come back to is the real challenge in a game.
Best examples are Ruby Weapon (FFVII) and Bonetail (PM:TTYD).
i would have loved to come back to the boss .. but once you beat the end boss you cant, meanign if you want to defeat he side boss then the main boss will be too easy, and if you want to have a difficult fight for the main boss, then the side boss iis impossable..
(i think i realised how to defeat him AFTEr i beat the game thoug, but couldnt go back to him)

yea i played dmc 3.. the first bossonly though,. he was quite challenging devil may cry games are ace

Cofey
05-07-2005, 05:30 PM
The boss of MP2 was fucking hard. He raped me so many times before I finally got him down.

I played all the way through MP on hard mode, and got up to Metroid Prime. I tried him once and haven't played it since. I was so proud for getting that far...maybe I'll beat him this summer.