PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube Game You Regret Buying?

Kliq
03-31-2005, 03:04 AM
When the Cube first came out, I was deseprate for a game so I bought Wave Race Blue Storm and Luigi's Mansion. Both of them were huge mistakes. Wave Race was insanely difficult and Luigi's Mansion - I had to tell myself to stop playing so I wouldnt beat the game in one day.

I ended up selling both games and getting Tony Hawk 3 and Super Smash Brothers instead.

Viper
03-31-2005, 03:06 AM
Can't say I regret any of them. I'm pretty good at knowing which ones to buy. Those I'm not sure of get a rental or two first.

Eidorian
03-31-2005, 03:08 AM
Ikaruga, I have no skills!

Teh Roxor!
Wave race is fun... just not the single player. You're right Kliq, it's impossible...
I regret buying Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. It just doesn't do it for me.

bobo_ess
I haven't found much games that i didn't like playing...My only exception would be SAdx

Kliq
03-31-2005, 03:10 AM
I also regret buying Resident Evil Remake. Simply put, I shouldnt't have paid all that cash for a freakin remake. I was very dissaopointed.

Viper
03-31-2005, 03:12 AM
Are you nuts? REmake? That was fully worth the $49.99.

bobo_ess
03-31-2005, 03:14 AM
those graphics were the shizzit..

Shadow Voa
03-31-2005, 03:19 AM
Haha its funny I just bought the Resident Evil GC game and it plays so much fun just like when I first rented it the day it came out. I do not regret buying this game the Crimson heads = challenge without lighter fluid. But I do regret buying Tales of Symphonia, I made a big mistake, I rented the game and played it to death...I made it within at least 20 mins of game time before fighting Mithos in his final form...but I didnt know that when I took it back. I went to go buy the game the next day cause I thought there was still lots more to do and was pissed something awful when 20 mins later of palying I had beaten the game, that alone made me not want to play through again.

bobo_ess
03-31-2005, 03:32 AM
It took me w while to beat it the 1st time.....

OnBake Platinum
03-31-2005, 03:36 AM
Probably Luigi's Mansion. I rent 90% of my games, so it doesn't really matter.

Shadow Voa
03-31-2005, 03:38 AM
Hey bobo_ess, what did you think of the Crimson Heads ( bast*rd zombies who after died rose up again with heads covered in blood and hands replaced with claws and more stamina/strength) and those little monkey Chimeras, man o man those things creep the hell out of me...like a spider/fly/bug zombie monster thing they really got a visual upgrade since the original PS game.

bobo_ess
03-31-2005, 03:41 AM
I was talking about tales of symphonia...

The 1st time i encountered the crimson heads...i turned off the cube, the thing jumped and started booking it after me

Pro A.
03-31-2005, 03:44 AM
None, really. I know what to buy and what to avoid.

koten
03-31-2005, 03:58 AM
I've often wondered if I'm the only person in the world to have liked Luigi's Mansion.

Shadow Voa
03-31-2005, 04:16 AM
I've often wondered if I'm the only person in the world to have liked Luigi's Mansion.

Nope Koten, I own it still even now and refuse to trade it in cause it was alot of fun and the ending after saving Mario was funny IMO. Ieven play it from time to time to fight final boss.

Generosity of God
03-31-2005, 04:17 AM
the video rental stores in my town dont have GC games because, like most of australia, it is full of people who only started playing video games because of the Sony or Microsoft brand name and think that Nintendo is just for kids. so that leaves me to having to buy games to actually test them out.

here are games i regret buying.

-Final fantasy: Crystal Chronicles (good game, better with multiplayer, but too repetitive like all final fantasy games)
-Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (fun while it lasts but thats not a very long time)
-XIII (same as above, fun but not for long)
-Soul Calibur II (good game but once figure out how to play is way to easy, plus bought it just because of Link)

games i regret getting rid of:

-wave race blue storm (really fun and not as hard as others ahave said)
-conflict desert storm (fun squad game)
-Eternal Darkness sanity's requiem (cant really remember what it is like and want to play again but regret selling because i have to buy again if i want to play it again)

neo999955
03-31-2005, 04:27 AM
That's easy, FFCC. the game wasn't too terrible, but it certainly wasn't great, i just hope the money went towards a push at SquareEnix to put some more titles on Revolution. I know some people really liked the game and the whole connectivity aspect, but I think it was quite poor compared to the far superior games Pac Man Vs. and LoZ: 4 Swords, which were both excellent games all should own.

Nexus
03-31-2005, 04:28 AM
Probably Mario Party 5. I played it all of the way through and was slightly disapointed in the lack of depth it had compared to previous version. To add to my disapointment Mario Party 6 came out the next year and was slightly better.

Sendok
03-31-2005, 04:32 AM
i can only pick 1?

ok then: Black & Bruised

The Dude
03-31-2005, 04:47 AM
Splinter Cell. That game pissed me off so much. I couldnt beat a level without being caught

Sbrother
03-31-2005, 05:22 AM
im thinkin' one of the worst games i ever bought would probably have to be "Star Wars Jedi Outcast"...........that game kinda sucked in my opinion. Another game that was a mistake that i bought was "Tony Hawk Underground 2" i absolutly love the Tony Hawk Underground, i just dident really care for numer 2 that much, it was to easy in my opinion

dncardman
03-31-2005, 05:59 AM
Luigi's Mansion for sure, fuckin 50 bucks and I sold that shit after a week.

aman
03-31-2005, 07:19 AM
Oh gee.......where do i start?

The Martix, Crazy Taxi, Dave Mirra BMX, Burnout and Mario Party 4.

Zeep
03-31-2005, 07:24 AM
i was bored once and got a used copy of Cel Damage for $13. it was fun for a little while, but not for long. i guess it was worth the $13 though, especially since i sold it back and got a like $5 of it back.

linkgomez
03-31-2005, 10:13 AM
tube sliders :( i was :drunk: and :smoke: i got it for $20 sold it to eb the next day got $5 back :swear:

Ravster
03-31-2005, 10:39 AM
It has to be Mario Party 4 for me, the mini games were funbut the actual board game was soo boringg.

Sky_Armada
03-31-2005, 05:02 PM
Haha its funny I just bought the Resident Evil GC game and it plays so much fun just like when I first rented it the day it came out. I do not regret buying this game the Crimson heads = challenge without lighter fluid. But I do regret buying Tales of Symphonia, I made a big mistake, I rented the game and played it to death...I made it within at least 20 mins of game time before fighting Mithos in his final form...but I didnt know that when I took it back. I went to go buy the game the next day cause I thought there was still lots more to do and was pissed something awful when 20 mins later of palying I had beaten the game, that alone made me not want to play through again.

I did the same thing, only I was at the part where you get the sword from Dirk and Kratos. I havn't played the game since I beat it... :(

Ravster
03-31-2005, 05:12 PM
Phantasy Star Online, that game was crap. The whole idea of multiplayer was just rubbish and camera system was shite!

AntiRealityHero
03-31-2005, 07:30 PM
The only game I regret buying would probably be Burnout - there was only about 6 different cars, and 6 different tracks that they either mirrored or had you play backwards in order to make it seem like there were more.

I'll probably never sell it though, just because I've never sold a game back in my life.

Pro A.
03-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Splinter Cell. That game pissed me off so much. I couldnt beat a level without being caught

It's not that hard. Just gotta think out of the box. Once you do that, the game is much more manageable.

Cofey
03-31-2005, 10:10 PM
I got Evolution Worlds for Christmas like two years ago. It's extremely boring. The dungeons are all exactly the same.

Colin TRADEMARKED
03-31-2005, 10:24 PM
Luigi's fucking Mansion

My fault for thinking Nintendo would follow the trend of having a blockbuster of a game as a system launch title.

Super Mario Brothers/Duckhunt
Super Mario World
Super Mario 64
Luigi's Pile of Shit

ugh..

Gilly
03-31-2005, 11:00 PM
I don't regret any games I've bought.

Almost all my games I buy for $20, and I buy good games.

Dashboard
03-31-2005, 11:50 PM
Luigi's Pile of Shit? That sounds like a bad game. </sarcasm>

As for me, I'll definitely have to agree with Luigi's Mansion, Crazy Taxi, and Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

MajoraBoy
03-31-2005, 11:54 PM
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, that game sucked ass, especially playing it Single player. Hopefully the DS version will be better.

Absolute worst game for Gamecube though has to be Amazing Island, I don't know what the hell Sega was doing when they made that game. I got headaches and sick to my stomach just for playing it for 10 minutes.

Michael
04-01-2005, 12:09 AM
There is no question in my mind....Universal Studios was the worst I've owned, but I didn't buy it. The worst I bought was nothing, because after that game I now research all my games.

Tael
04-01-2005, 06:18 PM
I regret buying Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles. Repeating the same level over and over again is boring.

Phoenix
04-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Mario Party 4 (I liked the first 3, so I figured I'd buy this one.)
Mario Party 5 (I figured MP4 was just a miss, and the rest of the series would be back to normal. I was wrong.)
Medal of Honor: That First One (I have no idea what I was thinking. I don't even like shooters.)

P.S. Ravster doesn't like PSO. I need to kill him now.

WadeTyhon
04-01-2005, 07:00 PM
I only get a game if I either rent it first or I'm certain it's good. But I did make one mistake early this generation; Bloody Roar Primal Fury. I figured it was the only 3-d fighter on the cube, had a pretty interesting concet with all the morphing and stuff.

But with Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive for the Dreamcast, BR was... (how do I put this nicely?) ...crap.

Ocelot9
04-02-2005, 04:29 AM

No there is another.....me!

I really enjoyed this game, it was simple and fun to play. Lots of laughs!

Xtreme Gamer
04-02-2005, 04:50 AM
Super Mario Sunshine.

I don't really remember the game that well, but apparently I hated it so much, that I sold it. oO

Nexus
04-02-2005, 06:12 AM
tube sliders :( i was :drunk: and :smoke: i got it for $20 sold it to eb the next day got $5 back :swear:
I did not even know that Tude Sliders was released. I thought that it would have been a great game especially since it came from the same developer who did the GBA versions of F-Zero.