PDA

View Full Version : Mario 128 at E3

OutlawAdidas
02-28-2005, 08:48 PM
From GCH
The latest issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly's rumor column states that Mario 128 will finally debut at E3 2005...So the question remains, GameCube or Revolution? We can't wait to find out.

Hopefully Revolution

Zeep
02-28-2005, 08:50 PM
I think it'd be better for Gamecube. After all, Super Mario 64 was referring to the 64-bit generation, and now it's the 128-bit generation, right? If it came out for Revolution, it'd have to be Super Mario 256!

Bloodman
02-28-2005, 08:51 PM
Gweat!

Viper
02-28-2005, 08:53 PM
I think it'd be better for Gamecube. After all, Super Mario 64 was referring to the 64-bit generation, and now it's the 128-bit generation, right? If it came out for Revolution, it'd have to be Super Mario 256!
Zeep, Zeep. Zeep. I must learn you in the ways of the Nintendo Jedi.

Mario 128 = Mario 64 part 2 (64 x 2 = 128)

It was also a slap in the face to Sony at E3 2000 for being a 128 bit system when the GC is only a 32/64 bit hybrid.

Bigger bits don't always mean better.

Hellmaster
02-28-2005, 08:57 PM
No, no no!!!! Mario 128 HAS to come out for the GC. Then another, equal if not better Mario game for the Revolution also has to come out, simple as that.

Viper
02-28-2005, 08:59 PM
^I fully agree.

N has been adament about it releasing on GC. I'd rather them not lie about it all this time. They aren't Capcom you know.

Gilly
02-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Oh man, this is going to be sweet.

I really hope it'll be coming out for the 'Cube.

OutlawAdidas
02-28-2005, 09:07 PM
No, Link must have the GC to himself and MArio will have the Revolution to himself

Viper
02-28-2005, 09:10 PM
No, Link must have the GC to himself and MArio will have the Revolution to himself
Um, no homey, they can share.

version2.0
02-28-2005, 09:15 PM
I want it on the gamecube, only cause that means I can get it sooner. (little short on cash)

koten
02-28-2005, 09:16 PM

Have you suffered some sort of head trauma or something?

Hellmaster
02-28-2005, 09:17 PM

Sorry, nigga. Mario and Link are buddies, and they helped carry the N64 with both of their combined Godlike games. Also, they are two of Nintendo's most powerful franchises, and they have to stick together.

Tael
02-28-2005, 09:18 PM
I would like to see it to the GameCube.

version2.0
02-28-2005, 09:32 PM
Though the N needs mario has a launch title for the revolution, they should put this one on the cube.

MajoraBoy
02-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Sorry, nigga. Mario and Link are buddies

LMAO now that's the most funniest thing I've read in a video game forum.

Calm down guys, Super Mario 128 is indeed coming out on the Gamecube. Nintendo already said this, it would be pointless to bring it out on Revolution anyway.

HereticPB
02-28-2005, 09:41 PM
What happens if Mario 128 turns out to not be a N64 sequel?

MajoraBoy
02-28-2005, 09:43 PM
^It probably won't be a sequel, it will just return Mario back to his roots and feel like Super Mario 64.

Xtreme Gamer
02-28-2005, 09:44 PM
I say that it should be on the Revolution, because it would seriously help the Revolution's sales (even though the system will sell well either way, this would help it sell even better). Besides, what better way to show off the Revolution than with one of Nintendo's most popular mascots?

Viper
02-28-2005, 09:45 PM
It will still launch with a Mario title. N said they learned that lesson with the GC the hard way and will never repeat that mistake again.

HereticPB
02-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Yea but if it is Mario 64 updated it will be more of the same and that hurts systems.

MajoraBoy
02-28-2005, 09:50 PM
^There will be new elements of course, but what I meant was it won't be Mario running around with some device, it will be true platforming.

HereticPB
02-28-2005, 09:54 PM
I didn't mind the devices but I agree it should go back to platforming.

Xtreme Gamer
02-28-2005, 09:58 PM
It will still launch with a Mario title. N said they learned that lesson with the GC the hard way and will never repeat that mistake again.

Well in that case, I would like to see it on the Gamecube. I was just afraid that the Revolution would be released with a bunch of crappy games.

koten
02-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Yea but if it is Mario 64 updated it will be more of the same and that hurts systems.

It's not more of the same. It's a completely new game, it just has the feel of the classic games.

If they were just making more of the same, I don't think they would be so hesitant to show it before completion.

Alpha Rioja
02-28-2005, 10:24 PM
and hopefully it will launch not only with a mario title but with a mario title a little more entertaining than luigi's mansion... good game better graphics. no replay whatsoever for me.

pac4life
02-28-2005, 10:30 PM
mario 128 definatly has to come out on the gamecube...zelda has to come out on the gamecube...then a new mario should be availible at revolution launch with NEW franchises , and a zelda/metroid should follow soon after...with more new franchises...pikmin and advance wars were a step in the right direction...but not a step big enough in my opinion.

MajoraBoy
02-28-2005, 10:40 PM
The new Advance wars should be called Gamecube Wars, the DS one DS Wars, and so on, it just makes sence.

Luigi's Mansion DID have some incredible graphics, among the best for Gamecube IMO. Mario 128 should have graphics like that.

I'll say it once again, this time put it in Bold. "NINTENDO ALREADY SAID THAT SUPER MARIO 128 WILL INDEED COME OUT FOR NINTENDO GAMECUBE"

They shouldn't rush to have a new Zelda for Rev. to quickly since this one won't be out until the end of this year anyway.

Where the hell is my Sonic Adventure 3?

ocarinamask
02-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Well we should have another Super Smash Bros. with the release of the Revolution. If not, I'm gonna do a backflip, and fail horribly...

koten
02-28-2005, 10:51 PM
The new Advance wars should be called Gamecube Wars, the DS one DS Wars, and so on, it just makes sence.

Luigi's Mansion DID have some incredible graphics, among the best for Gamecube IMO. Mario 128 should have graphics like that.

I'll say it once again, this time put it in Bold. "NINTENDO ALREADY SAID THAT SUPER MARIO 128 WILL INDEED COME OUT FOR NINTENDO GAMECUBE"

They shouldn't rush to have a new Zelda for Rev. to quickly since this one won't be out until the end of this year anyway.

Where the hell is my Sonic Adventure 3?

Yup.

Maybe not the best, but good.

Glad Someone knows that.

Aren't they working on two Zelda's at once, the current one under Eiji and the Rev one under Shiggy?

It's in Sega's bin of "Games we should make but would screw up so we aren't."

MajoraBoy
02-28-2005, 11:05 PM
It's in Sega's bin of "Games we should make but would screw up so we aren't."

LMAO, that and NiGHTS into Dreams 2.

Dashboard
03-01-2005, 12:39 AM
I want this to be one of the big closing games for the GameCube's generation. Then I want a good Revolution Mario title at launch, too.

Shade Valkyrie
03-01-2005, 01:25 AM
Nintendo have said they would like to support the Gamecube to 2007, that sounds luaghable at first, but not if you consider the rumors about GBE to use the same media as the GC and also be able to run GC games.

Eidorian
03-01-2005, 01:33 AM
I don't see any problems with GCN support until 2007. It saves me in buying new hardware. The games look great enough already. ^_^

Hellmaster
03-01-2005, 02:56 AM

I've heard of this, but is this an official word from nintendo or is it just something that people assume?

The only thing that scares me about releasing a kickass mario game for the GC is if Nintendo puts so much effort on this game and the new Zelda, that for the Revolution, they'll have Mario sunshine 2 and Windwaker 2.

GOD I HOPE THEY DON'T DO THAT!!

P.B.
03-01-2005, 03:00 AM
they better have good games, and i think they will...if the hardware is supposed to be so revolutionary i doubt they could even do just another mario sunshine 2 or wind waker 2. Also, super nintendo was supported after the nintendo 64 was released.

Hellmaster
03-01-2005, 03:04 AM
Also, super nintendo was supported after the nintendo 64 was released.

Yes, but the SNES was MUCH MUCH better off than the GC ever was.

SuperLuigiBros
03-01-2005, 07:38 AM
The only thing that scares me about releasing a kickass mario game for the GC is if Nintendo puts so much effort on this game and the new Zelda, that for the Revolution, they'll have Mario sunshine 2 and Windwaker 2.

GOD I HOPE THEY DON'T DO THAT!!
umm yeah... the new Zelda is WW2.

id like to see mario 128 on gamecube, but if its so revolutionary, why would they put it on the gamecube and not the revolution?

and for the revolution, they shouldnt have a whole heaps of games at launch, they should bring a good one out each month or something after launch (with like 3 main games at launch (mario, zelda and metroid , maybe?(i just thought i should put something in about launch games for rev)))

ocarinamask
03-01-2005, 12:46 PM
I am pretty sure that the new Super Smash Bros. will be out with the release of the Revolution. Combine that with Mario and Zelda and, folks, we have a winner.

Bloodman
03-01-2005, 04:06 PM
They should make either Zelda or Metroid M rated. That would bring in the older audience and give Nintendo a more l337 look.

ocarinamask
03-01-2005, 05:06 PM
I can't see Metroid M rated unless Samus strips for us. But Link with blood on his blade every stab, now that would just be awesome. Actually both games would looks pretty cool with blood. (or my other idea...)

Phoenix
03-01-2005, 08:59 PM
But Link with blood on his blade every stab, now that would just be awesome.That would be kind of cool, as long as it's realistic and not Mortal Kombat.

Bloodman
03-01-2005, 09:07 PM
I can't see Metroid M rated unless Samus strips for us. But Link with blood on his blade every stab, now that would just be awesome. Actually both games would looks pretty cool with blood. (or my other idea...)

You cant see metroid M rated? LOL!

Dude, just add alian guts everywhere, a couple of cus words, and you got yourself a new mature game. Its exactly what they did with Halo.

version2.0
03-01-2005, 09:28 PM
You know what, I couldn't see metroid mature either, unless they did go for the sex appeal.... But link, thats possible

koten
03-01-2005, 11:40 PM
They should make either Zelda or Metroid M rated. That would bring in the older audience and give Nintendo a more l337 look.

Bloodman, do me a favor and shut the hell up.

P.B.
03-01-2005, 11:58 PM
they really shouldnt make zelda m rated...t rated is good, no higher, that would be bad.

Hylian-Advocate
03-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Th only problem if Mario 128 came out on the GameCube is that there really wouldn't be any other huge franchises to bring out for the launch of the revolution. Metroid Prime 2 was just recently released and I dont see them having another one in time for the Revolution launch. Zelda is coming out this year and there is no way in hell they are going to make another zelda within a single year. The one game I am practically certain will launch with the Revolution is Super Smash. However, this one big name game, to me, is not enough. Nintendo really needs to start with a bang and the only other big name franchise that I see working out timeline wise is Mario 128. I am all for it being for the Revolution (even though I'm not sure how they would be able to make a game that was originally made for the cube trasnfer over to the Revolution)...... so really.......I have no clue what they are going to launch the revolution with besides Super Smash, but they need something big!

Dashboard
03-02-2005, 12:24 AM
I remember hearing back a couple years ago that Nintendo wanted new franchises to replace Mario and Pokemon in the next generation. Maybe this ties in with it. If they release Mario 128 on the GameCube, then it could show a sign that they are willing to take the risks of launching the Revolution with new franchises.

Personally, I would like to see Nintendo give us a couple new, mature franchises. Mario and Pokemon are too kiddy, sometimes. I may get flamed for saying that, but, when you think about it, older gamers, in their teens and 20s, don't want to play a game called "Super Mario Sunshine." Not unless you're a hardcore Mario fan that has played every single Mario game. That game may have slightly torn Mario's image. People in their teens and 20s want more mature things, like Metroid has the potential to be.

My vision, is that if Nintendo came up with a couple GOOD new franchises, like a true FPS or a more mature platformer, then, they would have a better next generation. They wouldn't have to completely ditch the Mario and Zelda franchises, for example, but, they wouldn't be launch franchises. But, if they decide to take the route with the Revolution that they took with the GameCube and release games like Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin at launch, then they could be screwed again.

In case you didn't want to read all of that (I'm being good about good lengthy posts tonight), to sum it up, Nintendo just needs some new franchises. Period. They need to be more mature, and they need to appeal to a wider audience of gamers.

ocarinamask
03-02-2005, 12:24 AM
I agree with you Hylian-Advocate. Maybe a new Pikmin with the release of the Revolution. Pikmin has been like a new francise, and a quite successful one at that. And they would have time to make a new one.

Sbrother
03-02-2005, 02:59 AM
I want it on the gamecube, only cause that means I can get it sooner. (little short on cash)
yeah, im broke too. i hope it comes out on the gamecube! *prays to nintendo lord*

Hellmaster
03-02-2005, 03:06 AM
umm yeah... the new Zelda is WW2.

....I know that. What I meant to say which you didn't catch was, making a Zelda similar to WW (using the cel shading again). Seriously, Nintendo should learn by now the realistic Zelda is a helluva lot more popular than WW ever was. Don't get me wrong, they can make another Zelda with cel shaded graphics, BUT they CANNOT do it without releasing a realistic Zelda on the revolution first.

For the M rating thing. No, Link doesn't need to be covered in the blood of orphans, and Samus doesn't need to show her massive mammories (though I wouldn't complain). Simply put, instead of making games that seem to be targetted toward kids, make games that everyone can play without fear of them being labeled as friendless, or homosexual or something.

linkgomez
03-02-2005, 07:46 AM
people expect too much from nintendo you have to understand that nintendo is supporting 3 systems nthere is only so much they can make

Shade Valkyrie
03-02-2005, 02:55 PM
Zelda is coming out this year and there is no way in hell they are going to make another zelda within a single year.Nintendo have increased their work force dramatically the last six - seven years, I think it could be possible that they got one team working on the Zelda for Gamecube and another team on the Revolution title.

Besides, I find it suspicious that with such an ease of development on the GC there have been so few games comming from the big N lately.
The Bongo drum games with Donkey Kong is just developed by one team and those are titles that are relatively easy for a team to spew out at a constant basis, TLOZ:Four Swords was a complete quicky in development terms, Mario Party is made by a Hudson team, Metroid by Retro, Mario Golf and Tennis by Camelot... - Don't fool yourself by all the Nintendo franchisces being released from second-\third-party developers, that's just an illusion created by Nintendo.

I know they are doing some titles for the DS as well, but when you look at it, TLOZ:WW2, Mario 128, Animal Crossing DS, DS Wars etc; it still seem like that Nintendo with it's giant workforce have large amounts of "unused" resources... - And I'll bet those "unused" resources are working on software for the Revolution.
My analysis could be wrong though... :nervous:

version2.0
03-02-2005, 04:44 PM
jeez, why didn't I think about that. Makes sense... I might be able too use that.... :crazy2:

heep
03-03-2005, 12:19 AM
well i think that nintendo should make some more mature games but dont rune the perfectly good games like metriod,link,ext. to get thoes games...................mario 128 should be on the cube

Xtreme Nemi$i$
03-03-2005, 01:12 AM
*Reads first post in thread. Faints. Wakes up an hour later stripped of hope for humanity until reading the rest of the thread with people who actually have good opinions* And it's already decided, Ninty will make Mario 128 for the Cube. This needs to be the big bang ending for the Gamecube along with the final flash even more hyped Zelda title. But the reason that I think people were wondering if this would to not be true earlier, is that Nintendo's got a rep of changing their minds. This however is unanimous, and hopefully implanted into their minds to come out for GC.

About this whole Mario and Link mature thing, I definately think (like most people have stated) to leave those golden treasures main age target untouched. Mario, although looked at kiddy, could and should never pull off a Mature or deeper and darker title to ruin the E rating taking an appeal off of it. Even casual gamers are most likely not going to want to play a game like that. Then again Mario was never really discussed being mature, it's just that major mascots fall in the same way.

Personally, I would like to see Nintendo give us a couple new, mature franchises. Mario and Pokemon are too kiddy, sometimes. I may get flamed for saying that, but, when you think about it, older gamers, in their teens and 20s, don't want to play a game called "Super Mario Sunshine." Not unless you're a hardcore Mario fan that has played every single Mario game. That game may have slightly torn Mario's image. People in their teens and 20s want more mature things, like Metroid has the potential to be.

I understand the first part of that, as I stated above, but Samus, on the other hand, could pull it off easily and maybe gain more popularity but Nintendo would stoop down to Sony's level. I mean, and this includes the Link being mature, even if these characters and their titles still kept the quality level (if not this would cause the most immensive chaos ever for Nintendo fans, but of course the actual chance of this happening is .0001%) it wouldn't be like classic Nintendo and they'd have joined into the sad part of the industry. It wouldn't necessarily destroy the franchise (which, ironically would be the opposite way of how Sunshine maube destroyed Mario) but it could cause an uproar of "too much change complaints" against Nintendo.

I however love the idea of new, more mature franchises. An FPS would be a great idea since games in this genre are usually appealing to many. Also an adventure title would be great for the Revolution and could possibly show off how the system's hardware or special features can revolutionize different titles.