PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Series's CONTROLS!

Pigobenus
04-29-2003, 03:52 AM
man I like Resident Evil, It created the survival horror genre, very creative franshise. The only thing is, is that I really suck at them, the only one I have beaten is Code Veronica on Dreamcast. I know that the whole controller schem started because the first one was on the playstaion and 3d control was'nt as anvanced as it is now. I think the games would be so much more enjoyable and playable for me at least if you could move the character the direction you want to go instaed of always moving forward to go forward. They dont have to do that any more, or at least have a control option you can change between. I mean I have always rated Resedent evil games in graphics 10, story 10, characters 10, sound, 10, control 1 point. They are really DAMN HARD. Any one feel like I do.

pedrothelion8
04-29-2003, 04:02 AM
Resident Evil: Director's Cut scarrrrreddd the shit out of me and I haven't played one since.

Pigobenus
04-29-2003, 04:03 AM
and why is that?

pedrothelion8
04-29-2003, 04:06 AM
RE play leads to sleepless nights, man...

But really, I'm just not a big fan of survival horrow. Hm.

Kindred
04-29-2003, 04:09 AM
I have a great method to control Resident Evil games better.

Wait for it...

It's called stop being a pussy and deal with it! I've been using this method for a long time and it's been proven effective.

Seriously, it doesn't take long to adjust to them.

Viper
04-29-2003, 04:09 AM
RE2 on N64 had an option to change to 2nd person control (up being up, ect).

Pigobenus
04-29-2003, 04:20 AM
hey Kindred why does it bother you so bad that I just am maybe not good at the controls like you. So what that you can do it and kick ass at it, does'nt mean you should call me a pussy dude, I have no doubt in my mind it doesn't work I just dont see why Capcom can't make the controls in a regular motion. I just feels awkward. Thats what makes Resident Evil hard. THE CONTROLS, not the game play, I love hard and difficult games, but making the game hard because you cant move like a real person does is a stupid a cheap way to make a game challanging. they only think I wish is that you were right here right now so I can tell you to call me a Pussy to my face. cause if you did I would knock the fuck out of you. I hate people who talk shit to people on a computer where there safe and sound, and can;t get a fist in the face. You piss me off with your whole attitide and you really put me in a mad mood. It's okay to knock down someones opions, I dont but people do, but when someone starts talking smack about someone, namecalling and crap over the coputer about there opions, that is childish and stupid. i have never done that to anyone on these forums and never plan to, but for right now I will make an exception to you, don't ever talk to me like that. I respect everyone on here except you because you are a idiot.

nigelfloe
04-29-2003, 04:43 AM
^a little too much anger there but some good points as well

pedrothelion8
04-29-2003, 05:01 AM
Uhm... Name-calling and threatening are basically the same thing on forums, man. You're not 'saying that to his face' either, you're probably just making an empty textual threat. I can understand why you're angry, since I don't see how being a pussy has anything to do with controls, but doing the same thing certaintly doesn't remedy the situation.

I think I'm a bigger pussy for not playing RE because it freaks me out than Pigobenus is for disliking the controls, eh?

Viper
04-29-2003, 05:08 AM
^Good point man, but damn, how old are you? Play it and have the nightmares. It's all part of the fun.

pedrothelion8
04-29-2003, 05:18 AM
I'm 16. See, the story I didn't tell you is that my cousin was visiting from down south. We rented RE and played it all day and night until about 4AM or so. We got tired and I went to sleep on the couch and he had a sleeping bag or something. Little did my young, innocent self know that playing RE was part of his evil scheme.

In the middle of the night I started to hear a zombie-like moan. I figured 'Oh, he's just snoring..." The moaning got louder. I just curled under the covers and closed my eyes. Then, suddenly, the moaning was right next to my face.

My cousin, being the funny funny kid that he is, had bought a zombie mask at Party City and decided it would be FUNNY FUNNY to scare young, innocent Lou with his FUNNY joke. In hindsight it was, actually, pretty funny, but for about 2 months I was pretty fucking freaked out.

After that, I never touched an RE game because of 1% fear and 99% lack of interest. There are enough horrible, sick, nasty things in the real world to be afraid of than to buy a video game and take in even more. Maybe I'm just a 'pussy.' Whatever.

Darkdjinni
04-29-2003, 05:21 AM
the controls are quite easy

after about 5 minutes of playing i had it nearly mastered

OnBake Platinum
04-29-2003, 05:23 AM
^hahahaha

Viper
04-29-2003, 05:26 AM
^That's funny. Seriously though, if it's not your cup of tea, that's cool. Good to know that there are plenty of other great games that everyone can enjoy. Even 'pussies'. j/k. Have you looked into RE4 yet? Major changes ahead. Could get you to play RE again.

Hunk The 4th Survivor
04-29-2003, 05:36 AM
ANYWAYS MR WHOEVER THATS BEEN COMPLAINING ABOUT THE CONTROLS, RESIDENT EVIL 4 IS CHANGING, ITS GOING TO HAVE SMOOTHER, SLICKER CONTROLS AND CONTROLABLE CAMRA ANGLES BY CAPCOM, THEY ARE PUTTING IT INTO ACTION. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

Hunk The 4th Survivor
04-29-2003, 05:38 AM
you are a pussy lol

Hunk The 4th Survivor
04-29-2003, 05:40 AM
i love being scared, thats why i got resident evil and people that say they havnt been scared in RE, thats bullshit i know some parts arnt scary but damn when you are alone at 12:00 with the creepy music and enemies, you will shit your pants....for example in Resident Evil 2 when you enter the place where you have to fight the black zombie cop that you met in the beginning when you enter the door, CREEPY ASS music is on and you get that scared feeling and then ya know....hahahah.....ah!!!

Viper
04-29-2003, 05:44 AM
^Whoah,man. Triple posting. Brave or stupid which is it.
Hasn't scared me but I love the atmosphere.

Hunk The 4th Survivor
04-29-2003, 05:48 AM
Resident Evil 2 is scary shit, Tyrant bursting through walls out of nowhere, crows and dogs bursting through windows, just shit popping out of nowhere

Viper
04-29-2003, 05:51 AM
The Tyrant busting through the wall was cool as hell. Didn't scare me but put a big grin on my face. Maybe I'm just demented.

DLX
04-29-2003, 06:07 AM
Theres nothing wrong with the controls.

Glenn2K4
04-29-2003, 06:36 AM
yea, it was funny cuz i started playing rez evil in the living room (surround sound, big screen) and before i knew it, the whole family was in the living room with me, yelling out actions for me to do . . i swear, EVERYONE jumped when the Tyrant burst through walls and glass windows out of nowhere - and when the dogs burst out of the cages . . man, RE2 is so freakin scary

Viper
04-29-2003, 06:39 AM
I hope RE4 carries that atmosphere from RE2.

DLX
04-29-2003, 06:48 AM
All of them were pretty scary, I Remember In RE3 when Nemesis Just opens the Door And Busts Right in When Coming back from the Gas Station.

Viper
04-29-2003, 06:52 AM
^Off topic....I'm glad I have a cable modem because I bet you are a 56K nightmare.

Hylian-Advocate
04-29-2003, 06:52 AM
I never had a problem with the controls....although I see your point Pigobenus

DLX
04-29-2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Viper
^Off topic....I'm glad I have a cable modem because I bet you are a 56K nightmare.

Well its good that you are so mentally conscious about 56K users, so if it means so much to you, yes i will be taking the top one off for some time.

Viper
04-29-2003, 07:00 AM
^Sheath your Master Sword. Only a joke.

DLX
04-29-2003, 07:12 AM
^So How you like my new sig? Nemesis is always a pleasure to look at aint he? What a beauty..

Glenn2K4
04-29-2003, 07:12 AM
ive only played RE:remake and RE2 -- does anyone recomment another RE to add to my vgame library?

DLX
04-29-2003, 07:14 AM
^Every RE is worth being in your library. If you havent played RE:3 nemesis, RE: Code Veronica, or Re: Zero you should slap yourself.

Glenn2K4
04-29-2003, 07:19 AM
*gets ready to slap myself . . . then says maybe later*
i think the next RE i will get is REzero -- game looks awesome
as for the others . . its hard for me to pay 39.99 for such dated games ported to GC . . call me cheap-o

Viper
04-29-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by DarkLink-xXx
^So How you like my new sig? Nemesis is always a pleasure to look at aint he? What a beauty..

I can't see why all the chicks run from him, he's handsome.

Hylian-Advocate
04-29-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Glenn2K4
*gets ready to slap myself . . . then says maybe later*
i think the next RE i will get is REzero -- game looks awesome
as for the others . . its hard for me to pay 39.99 for such dated games ported to GC . . call me cheap-o

I felt the same way...so I didn't buy them....I wanted them to be updated like resident evil was.

Glenn2K4
04-29-2003, 07:26 AM
i feel like they could have updated SOMETHING . . throw some added features in there, clean up the textures -- i especially dont see why they didn't since they want to build the RE fanbase on GC . . . what a great way to do so with the RE:remake and continuing from there

Viper
04-29-2003, 07:35 AM
Remake of the whole series would have been 'super sweet'.

Glenn2K4
04-29-2003, 07:38 AM
absolutely . . capcom really needs to push all their games to A++ standards -- even if that means remaking the older RE

jeez, im thinking it woud have been easier since they already had the character models already created and zombies as well.

Serene Samus
04-29-2003, 11:50 PM
Instead of getting RE2 for GCN for $40, get it for N64 for $20 or lower. That is if you have an N64. That's what I did.

jpmansfield
04-29-2003, 11:53 PM
Those two PSX ports aren't even worth $20. Buy Zero if you're looking to add another to your collection.

smellslikenintendospirit
04-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Resident Evil has the best controls ever. :)

Vishus
04-30-2003, 12:10 AM
As for controls I think REmake's Type C control was the best one. If you make it in the direction you want to go like on the N64 RE2 the camera can be a problem at times, in that if you move left a camera change might make it seem hes going straight ahead while you are holding the joystick left and you have to let go of the joystick for a while in order to move the correct direction. There were some times the control accidentally made me run into monsters. The control isn't bad its just easier to start with but will still have its disadvantages higher compared to the original when mastered. Now if you had the original RE control, its perfect if you can get used to it. Yes its harder for some people to get used to but once you master it compared to mastering a control like the N64's, the original with the help of automatic 180 degree turn has more advantages and hardly any disadvantages. The camera won't be problem thus not causing you to accidentally run into monsters. I think the Type C should have been put on REZero. Type C is just wonderful. It lets you control running and walking with the right hand while moving left and right with the left hand. You can tell this is easier because its also in other games. I just find it harder control moving forward while moving left and right in a game. In a game where you can control a car some of those games lets you have the joystick for moving left or right while having another button as your gas while the alternative will have you use the joystick move left or right but at the same time also being able to accelerate by pressing forward. Vigilante 8 is an example and I will tell you have I prefer using the gas and direction seperately. But if any future RE games don't have any of the new controls to try out I don't mind using the original.

Kindred
04-30-2003, 12:26 AM
I agree Resident Evil is scary, and damn dude I was joking around...hence the "Seriously though..." part of my post after I told you to stop being a pussy. And from your post I no longer consider you a pussy, rather, now I think you are a gooch.

Viper
04-30-2003, 04:13 AM
^Who are you refering to?

Pigobenus
04-30-2003, 05:53 AM
Kindrid, I admit I got a little to angry from you calling me a pussy. I'll just leave it at that. I really did'nt start this thread to have some stupid namecalling competition. Having said that I do apologize for calling you an idiot. I just feel that people should respect each other in these forums, because this is a place were you can discuss your opinions about games to others. I don't want the subject of the matter to change, I posted this thread to get the opinions of others. Not to knock them down, and I just get mad at people who try to namecall you because of your opinions. alright man.

Glenn2K4
04-30-2003, 07:00 AM
jeez people -- what ever happened to 'sticks and stones'

but really . . i think we all agree that capcom should really do something about the controls in RE, especially for RE4, rite?

sagara0510
04-30-2003, 10:38 AM
never had ne problems with RE controls
they did the job fine IMO

TheGreenElf
05-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Eternal Darkness is freaky but I haven't played RE since I was like 8. I'm 15 and there aren't any real horror moveis that scare me but ED (LOL) did. ED and Eternal Darkness both scare me lol. I crack myself up.

Kindred
05-02-2003, 02:43 AM
I love Evil Dead, however, scary they are not.

Serene Samus
05-02-2003, 03:08 AM
That movie wasn't scary. It was funny. I laughed so many times during that movie. Hilarious!

Hunk The 4th Survivor
05-02-2003, 03:33 AM
dude, havnt you guys heard? Resident Evil 4 is changing in positive ways, it will have slicker controls and controlable cam angles if you like even capcom said so and ign and gamespot so it will be MY MOST ANTICPATED GAME.

The Gunslinger
05-02-2003, 03:53 AM
I am surprised that you are the first person who said that. I can't wait for RE4 to pop onto the Gamecube. For those of you who have seen the screenshots of Leon, doesn't he kinda remind you of Squall from FFVIII? He does to me with the short and furry jacket. I played RE remake and i didn't even play with it for an hour because of the controls. Yet, i played RE2 for the n64 and had fun with it. I haven't played RE0 yet, but want to buy it just for the hell of it. My motto when buying games: Because i bought it, i am going to make myself like it and play it. If i rent video games, i will most of the time play for an hour or two and then go back to playing whatever game i was playing before i rented.

TheGreenElf
05-03-2003, 01:09 AM
People, lol, I didnt mean Evil Dead. I meant ED the disease. Erectile Disfunction. :) I guess Evil Dead does make more sense though.

DLX
05-03-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Hunk The 4th Survivor
dude, havnt you guys heard? Resident Evil 4 is changing in positive ways, it will have slicker controls and controlable cam angles if you like even capcom said so and ign and gamespot so it will be MY MOST ANTICPATED GAME.

Im Actually not to Enthusiastic regarding the "Controllable Camera Angles" I WOuld rather it be classic Resident Evil Camera And Controls. All you guys are whiners. After all I Want Resident Evil, Not Devil May Cry with Zombies.

Hunk The 4th Survivor
05-03-2003, 07:09 AM
Remember in Resident Evil 4 you can control the camra angles if you want but you dont have to, you can leave them the same just dont screw with the camra angle button.