PDA

View Full Version : The Thing Gamecube

GamecubeFreak2003
04-28-2003, 08:22 PM
Have any of you seen a preview or something stating that The Thing will be coming to Gamecube. If so I am buying it, how about you?.

:twitch:

Notedog
04-28-2003, 08:29 PM
I have it for ps2 and it has bad graphix bad controls and its to short for some reason your teammates dont apear in all the movies and theyl dissapear when you go to some levels but other than that it actually was realy good seriously

Darkdjinni
04-28-2003, 08:30 PM
you no i was interested in that game for awhile but then i forgot about it... though i was never insanely interested(like i was for Zelda... :D - i think its out for PC or XBOX... check the reviews on gamespot or gamefaqs...

smellslikenintendospirit
04-28-2003, 08:33 PM
It's worth $10, no more.

Prince
04-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by GamecubeFreak2003
Have any of you seen a preview or something stating that The Thing will be coming to Gamecube.

I heard it was cancelled for GameCube...

Michael Bluth
04-28-2003, 08:40 PM
I got it brand new for XBox for $9.99 (like that one, slns?) and I havn't played it yet, so I couldn't give it a "yay" or a "nay". And nope, not going to the GCN.

Sharobob
04-28-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by smellslikenintendospirit
It's worth $10, no more.

tazz3
04-28-2003, 11:17 PM
its not out for the cube lol
its a ok game

dwhittenempire
04-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Could someone explain what "The Thing" exactly is?

nigelfloe
04-28-2003, 11:28 PM
never played the game but i haven't heard one good thing about it......so it must suck

Michael Bluth
04-28-2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Dwhitten1023
Could someone explain what "The Thing" exactly is?

It was originaly a horror movie back in 1982, and the game is a continuation of that movie. Synopsis of the movie by rottentomatoes.com

"Based on both the short story by John W. Campbell, Jr. and the 1951 film produced by Howard Hawks, THE THING is John Carpenter's stunning mastepiece of horror. A group of weary scientists enduring the winter in an isolated camp deep in Antarctica chance upon an alien spacecraft buried in the ice. Near the strange craft is the body of an alien being, frozen solid. Thinking they have made the find of a lifetime, the scientists bring the alien body back to camp and thaw it out. The alien awakens, not in the best of moods, and proceeds to take over the identities of the scientists, one by one, body and all. Helicopter pilot MacCready (Kurt Russell) must lead the surviving men in discovering who among them is human and who is not and how they can destroy "the thing" before it takes them all and moves on to the heavily populated mainland and the rest of humanity. Rob Bottin supplies the awe-inspiring special effects of the creature in its many, ever-changing forms. The effects were breakthroughs during production and hold up flawlessly over the passing years. But Carpenter does not rely solely on special effects, utilizing his spectacular cast, which includes Wilford Brimely and Richard Dysart, to create three dimensional characters enduring an unthinkable situation. The score from Ennio Morricone is understated, yet increases the tense mood ten fold. Shooting was difficult and done in below freezing conditions, but despite the discomfort the cast and crew of THE THING produced a truly terrifying film that will stand the test of time. THE THING is surely one of Carpenter's definitve films and a horror classic."

cheetahmanhood
04-30-2003, 02:49 AM
I will get this game for my xbox now that it is so cheap!!