PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Capcom to port PS2 games to Cube.

Tonyny13
11-02-2004, 02:04 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/port2gcn/petition.html

Come on Guys if PS2 fans did it we can do it too lets sign in and lets show them

Michael
11-02-2004, 02:08 AM
I don't think it will do no good...but since capcom said they were taking requests, why not...i don't think it's gonna be effective or anything though...Warppipe...huh...what is demasked!!!!...jp, but cube does have lackluster titles, and it was shitty what they did with re4..this would just mean another system I don't have to buy...

Tonyny13
11-02-2004, 02:12 AM
I don't think it will do no good...but since capcom said they were taking requests, why not...i don't think it's gonna be effective or anything though...Warppipe...huh...what is demasked!!!!...jp, but cube does have lackluster titles, and it was shitty what they did with re4..this would just mean another system I don't have to buy...

Yeap Thanks about Demasked there are no miore Info about it and guys lets Sign :rockon:

shadowrunner
11-02-2004, 02:18 AM
this should be interesting. i love it when nintendo fanboys go all patriotic, its so funny. i aint voting because i couldnt give a shit about what games on what consoles.

what PS2 capcom games would you take to GC if you were giving the choice?

Bloodman
11-02-2004, 02:19 AM
i signed it.

Hylian-Advocate
11-02-2004, 02:22 AM
signed it!!!

Michael
11-02-2004, 02:24 AM
I wrote a very neutral post...theres not that many games want on ps2, but capcom does have the bulk of what i want...having them on cube could save me from buying another console.

Tonyny13
11-02-2004, 02:30 AM
i signed it.

Thanks Guys

shadowrunner
11-02-2004, 02:34 AM
everyopne who signs it has to name at least one ps2 capcom game they want on gamecube. if you cant name one, then i class you an ignorant fanboy who is just jumping on another fanboys bandwagon becuase your upset that sony beat you again.
except Too Human, oh grateful master *kisses feet*

Hisham
11-02-2004, 02:42 AM
LMAO, I have a bunch of games capcom could bring to the GCN, but I refuse to sign the petition because it's just a bunch of fanboys that are banding together. And this is the nintendo's own fault. They haven't been performing well as of late, and all this is, is business.

Michael
11-02-2004, 02:44 AM
LMAO, I have a bunch of games capcom could bring to the GCN, but I refuse to sign the petition because it's just a bunch of fanboys that are banding together. And this is the nintendo's own fault. They haven't been performing well as of late, and all this is, is business.
I knew your post would have logic in it. Then again, this is the way they got Re4 to the ps2...it's just that the business worked out with it too.

Viper
11-02-2004, 02:48 AM
Signed. 3 games requested.

Viper
11-02-2004, 02:49 AM
Signed. 3 games requested.

Accordin to Capcom, bitching and whining is exactly why RE4 is going to PS2.

shadowrunner
11-02-2004, 02:52 AM
Viper double posted!viper double posted!

someone list the capcom games they want from ps2 in this thread!

EDIT: okay, i just read the letter for myself and i saw that their were games there so i change my request:

Someone list some GOOD capcom games that you want for gamecube.

OutlawAdidas
11-02-2004, 03:17 AM
Viper double posted!viper double posted!

someone list the capcom games they want from ps2 in this thread!

EDIT: okay, i just read the letter for myself and i saw that their were games there so i change my request:

Someone list some GOOD capcom games that you want for gamecube.

Ok Viper double posted.......so wat, Viper can also ban your ass; your point?

neo999955
11-02-2004, 03:19 AM
Yeah, Capcom will just stop making RE4 for the PS2, losing tons of money in both in development costs and potential sales because a few hundred GameCube fanboys (most of which will most likely buyt the game for GCN anyway) want them to?

majik ninja
11-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Yeah, Capcom will just stop making RE4 for the PS2, losing tons of money in both in development costs and potential sales because a few hundred GameCube fanboys (most of which will most likely buyt the game for GCN anyway) want them to?
Now your thinking straight

shadowrunner
11-02-2004, 03:23 AM
Ok Viper double posted.......so wat, Viper can also ban your ass; your point?

my point is in one day viper made a post in general chat with TWO mistypes and now he double posts. something fishy about this.......

Michael
11-02-2004, 03:27 AM
Um, the point of the petition isn't to stop re4 for going onto the ps2...

neo999955
11-02-2004, 03:34 AM
Um, the point of the petition isn't to stop re4 for going onto the ps2...

No, but it is the reason, and if you honestly think that you can convice Capcom to port games over to the GCN, everything I said still applies. I assure you that there wasn't an online petition, or even a written one, from PS2 fans to port RE4 to GCN, it was a purely financial move on Capcom's part, and a rather smart one, PS2 has a more mature audience and 5 times the base, GCN does not, an online petition can't change that.

shadowrunner
11-02-2004, 03:41 AM
it probably wasnt even the ps2 fanboys who got the game to ps2 in the first place.

its just that somethig like`because of the huge amount of requests from ps2 owners` sounds better and more humane than `we would make shit all money if we kept it exclusive to gamecube and we can amke a lot more money if we put it on ps2 as well`. as if they really care what a couple of fanboys would think,as we have well discussed.

Michael
11-02-2004, 03:43 AM
^Why does everything I read from you pointed at me feel like you gonna bite off my head if I talk....err...um...read what I posted, I the one that doesn't really believe it in the first place, but for the record capcom said that "supposedly" fans bitched enough about it, that's why there porting it...I'm the down to earth one...please don't hurt me....

Viper
11-02-2004, 03:44 AM
I'd actually understand if it were financial and they 'stated' it as a financial move but ....they didn't and THAT is what has many of us pissed and the reason for this petition.

shadowrunner
11-02-2004, 03:52 AM
^Why does everything I read from you pointed at me feel like you gonna bite off my head if I talk....err...um...read what I posted, I the one that doesn't really believe it in the first place, but for the record capcom said that "supposedly" fans bitched enough about it, that's why there porting it...I'm the down to earth one...please don't hurt me....

it does? sorry, definetly wasnt meant to. wasnt even directing my last thing to you, or to anyone in particular. i had some weird jap man looking over my shoulder and it was off putting me while i typed.

ppl always think i`m getting pissed at them, i real life and on forums. certaintly not meant to, i`m a very happy friendly person. feel really bad now. sorry. *pats tooHuman on the head*:cheers:

EDIT: wait a minute, were you talking to me or the post above me? i think i just made a dick of myself...... :pinky: :pinky: :pinky:

Michael
11-02-2004, 03:54 AM
I was talking to Neo soul slave...

shadowrunner
11-02-2004, 04:32 AM
sorry master, nice master. *grovels*

hottgamer12
11-02-2004, 10:18 AM
this should be interesting. i love it when nintendo fanboys go all patriotic, its so funny. i aint voting because i couldnt give a shit about what games on what consoles.

what PS2 capcom games would you take to GC if you were giving the choice? What makes it funny, the loss of jobs, due to a company's failure? Were not just talking about exclusive games, were talkin about the treatment and survival of a system, you dork! What if you found out that Sony was quitting, you wouldn't like that very much would you? "cough, jerk, cough" We as fans have a right to be concerned about our favorite company, if we weren't concerned, we wouldn't be fans.

"Why are we fans? Because we love art"

"There's a war coming. Can you see it?"

Michael Bluth
11-02-2004, 12:45 PM
This is sooooooooooooooooooo going to work.

Tonyny13
11-02-2004, 02:47 PM
This is sooooooooooooooooooo going to work.

there are 220 Signatures in like 15 hours

Gilly
11-02-2004, 07:30 PM
I signed

Hisham
11-02-2004, 08:35 PM
What makes it funny, the loss of jobs, due to a company's failure? Were not just talking about exclusive games, were talkin about the treatment and survival of a system, you dork! What if you found out that Sony was quitting, you wouldn't like that very much would you? "cough, jerk, cough" We as fans have a right to be concerned about our favorite company, if we weren't concerned, we wouldn't be fans.

If sony collapsed, I couldn't care less. If Microsoft collapsed, I could care less. If Nintendo collapsed, I could care less. I'm not on the dick of one specfic company, I go were I find the games most appealing. That was the GCN this gen, and it was a wrong choice (I see myself drooling over ps2 games.) On Sunday, I bought RE2. That was my first game for the Cube in about a year. Now, if I had bought a ps2, I would start off with my PSOne collection (about 50+ games) and then get all the new fighters, and end off with all the awesome RPG's. I seriously think that is more than the 10 games i've gotten for my GCN.

Now as for this petition, look, just because you ask for it, doesn't mean it's going to happen. Like that one article posted by dragyus, Nintendo fans are too into nintendo to pay attention to anything 3rd party, even if it's on there system. The only instance of a game surpassing it's xbox counterpart was SC2 (I have come to the realization that the ps2 version is still on top), and that is only because of Link, nintendo's biggest mascot. Now look at games like NBA Street vol. 2. That game is old, but amazing. The sales for the PS2 and Xbox are much higher than the Gamecube. I dare any of you too look in your collections, your 3rd party games are probably minimal. And companies know this is the instance, the fanbase of the gamecube is really tight. They don't trust anything, and they shun 3rd parties. I'll say this right now, I seriously thought at the beginning of this gen, nintendo was going to shoot up. Not catch up to Sony, but be signicifactly better than the N64 era. But the fanbase isn't giving 3rd parties enough support, so why just release it on the Gamecube, give it to others and make much more money. Because as we've all seen time and time again, the Nintendo falling short, in this gen and last gen.

Flamin Scotsman
11-02-2004, 09:34 PM
my main thing that pissed me off.. im bothered by the rese4 thing... but really it might work in our advantage in the long run coz if ppl see a game that good that it got ported to the ps2 platform it might change some of the kiddy gamers sterotype...but it sitll does suck.... but the sufferign was one you missed out... that was initially a GC exclusive and then it ended up not even cuming out for the GC at all? thats what fucked me over

X2_revolution
11-02-2004, 09:38 PM
Your petition is useless.

koten
11-02-2004, 09:39 PM
I don't care if it works or not. It better at least show Capcom that there are Nintendo fans who are offended by their lies. They better listen to us. Nintendo helped make them what they are, and now they are screwing Nintendo over. This is our hope to get them back on our side. Sign it, please, just sign it.

X2_revolution
11-02-2004, 09:50 PM
...arcades made Capcom...arcades...

Anyway, it really makes sense on Capcom's part to bring RE4 to PS2 when you consider the lackluster performace of RE games on Gamecube. Capcom sees PS2 as a way to make more money.

koten
11-02-2004, 10:07 PM
2 million sellers (1 original game and one remake) aren't poor performance.

And did you really expect a port of a port to sell well (Re2, 3, and Code Veronic)

X2_revolution
11-02-2004, 10:09 PM
But look what those sales could have been on PS2...truth is that Capcom was expecting more out of the RE series on Gamecube even they admit the game has underpreformed.

dncardman
11-02-2004, 11:14 PM
Doesn't hurt to try. I was #345

Hisham
11-03-2004, 10:17 AM
454 signatures. Yeah, that's going to do it.

:rolleyes:

For this petition, you'd need atleast 50,000 signatures, i'd think.

Exare
11-03-2004, 01:46 PM
^ If we keep spreading it like spam then it should kick off. If anyone goes to any other forums it would be greatly appretiated if you spread it there, and try to send it to your buddies on AIM and your address book, if you tell them to do the same then it might take off like a chain letter. People hate 'em, but if they give a crap then it should work pretty well. Thanks:).

Michael
11-03-2004, 02:45 PM
The one to boycott it completely probably is up to 5000 signatures by now...which I think is complete crap...but oh well, I'd rather this then the other.

Mr. Toto
11-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Online petitions like, never work. Ever. I've never seen one that did.

Deno22
11-04-2004, 02:21 AM
what was that demasked thing i haven't heard anything about it other than when it was really hyped up. Did it just die or was it revealed?

Tonyny13
11-05-2004, 12:49 AM
Noe there are 745 Signatures guys lets keep signing

Glenn2K4
11-05-2004, 02:03 AM
though i think this petition is too little too late this gen.........
the link isnt working for me :(

shadowrunner
11-05-2004, 02:46 AM
What makes it funny, the loss of jobs, due to a company's failure? Were not just talking about exclusive games, were talkin about the treatment and survival of a system, you dork! What if you found out that Sony was quitting, you wouldn't like that very much would you? "cough, jerk, cough" We as fans have a right to be concerned about our favorite company, if we weren't concerned, we wouldn't be fans.

oh no the n00b called me a jerk.
well, you just proved your fanboyism.

i think you tried very hard for that to make sense but i`m afriad t didnt really make much. What do yo mean `sony quitting`? like just deciding `oh, we`ll stop our company today`? well if they did that i would go 0|~| |\|03s and play my xbox. and if microsoft did it too, i might buy a gamecube. but the sigs arent gonna do anything. and if they do , yeah, you get to play devil may cry and onimusha. if you want to spend your time doing something useful how about you petition bungie or rockstar for some real games?

Viper
11-05-2004, 03:20 AM
Do some of you even understand the point of petition? Even if the main objective is not reached, porting PS2 games to GC, it shows Capcom that it has fans that are quite vocal and is underlies the statement they made regarding RE4 being ported to PS2, fan outcry.

Futile as it might be, foolish it is to not try.

Mirai
11-05-2004, 10:40 AM
JUST PLAY THE GAME.
It's the first sentence in your goddamned sig. Just play the fucking game.

shadowrunner
11-08-2004, 02:42 AM
i still dont understand why you want onimusha and devil may cry so much. if those are the only games all you fanboys think make the ps2 so good then no wonder you hate sony.

not talking to you viper, i dont think your a fanboy. "just a fan" wasnt it? :cheers:

Viper
11-08-2004, 02:47 AM
i still dont understand why you want onimusha and devil may cry so much. if those are the only games all you fanboys think make the ps2 so good then no wonder you hate sony.

not talking to you viper, i dont think your a fanboy. "just a fan" wasnt it? :cheers:
:cheers:

I think I can say that they don't feel that those games alone account for he success of the PS2. They are simply Capcom products that they would like to see ported to GC in exchange for the end of RE4 exclusivity and the generous support GC owners have given them (GC is the only system to meet Capcom software sales projections).

shadowrunner
11-08-2004, 02:53 AM
ok, fair enough. you`s can have you fun with it. i spose if nintendo took away gta or ff from ps2 [yeah yeah, that should be `take BACK`ff] i`d get pissed and make a stupid fanboy petition as well. have fun and on the off chance it does something you can all come back and give me a big `told ya so fuckhead!`

Viper
11-08-2004, 03:00 AM
Like I said back in one of my other posts, even if nothing happens, at least Capcoms knows that GC owners "want" capcom games. It maynot have an affect on GC but it might just give Capcom something to think about.....for 5 minutes before they go back to work on RE4 for PS2.

Nights
11-08-2004, 03:11 AM
ok, fair enough. you`s can have you fun with it. i spose if nintendo took away gta or ff from ps2 [yeah yeah, that should be `take BACK`ff] i`d get pissed and make a stupid fanboy petition as well. have fun and on the off chance it does something you can all come back and give me a big `told ya so fuckhead!`

A PS2 petition would have a lot more peope. Meaning more $ behind it and thereforth would make them think that much more.

Viper
11-08-2004, 03:14 AM
Funny how when I reference money in any of my posts, ....bah forget it.

Who cares who makes the most money? Right?

shadowrunner
11-08-2004, 03:21 AM
A PS2 petition would have a lot more peope. Meaning more $ behind it and thereforth would make them think that much more.

i was only speaking hypathetically. :queer: