PDA

View Full Version : Transformers: War for Cybertron

AC!D
06-23-2010, 12:24 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/06/tftop.jpg

94 GamingTrend

It isn’t deep. It won’t set a new standard for action games. But I had a great time playing and I believe you will too. This is the first Transformers game I’ve been excited about, and having played it I can say that my excitement was validated.

91 Gaming Nexus

Transformers: War for Cybertron is a a great tribute and representation of the original, Generation 1 Transformers. Those who aren’t familiar with the game will also find something to love in the form of a fast paced and thoroughly enjoyable action game, both online and off.

90 IGN

War for Cybertron impresses with an excellent single-player campaign with full co-op support, the included Horde-alike Escalation mode, and surprisingly deep and inventive online multiplayer component.

88 Planet Xbox 360

War for Cybertron isn’t going to make fans foam at the mouth, but it’s another showing that games based off franchises can actually be well-developed and exceptionally fun. High Moon Studios deserves a pat on the back for taking on a challenge and delivering a great game in War for Cybertron that no Transformers fan should miss.

85 Game Informer

War for Cybertron isn’t a perfect game, but it fulfills my youthful fantasies in a way that has me believing the developers had a window into my boyhood imagination.

83 1UP

Everything from the bickering banter between Starscream and Megatron, the cold calculated communiques from Soundwave, or the heavy-handed speeches from Optimus to rally his Autobots, it's all here. War for Cybertron is an entertaining game that's just as enjoyable as it is playable.

80 Destructoid

A rousing step forward for the franchise as it pertains to videogames. A thoughtfully crafted story mode, an intense multiplayer mode, online co-op and a full on horde addition makes this the most robust, lovingly developed and authentic Transformers experience you could hope to get on a home console.

80 Games Radar (in-house)

By taking ideas from some of the best games of the last five years and combining that with a respect for the material that isn’t so excessive as to alienate non-fans, War for Cybertron ends up being the best Transformers game yet.

70 Wired

If the goal was indeed to create a game that could appeal even to the rawest Transformers newbies, then High Moon has succeeded.

I kind of wrote this game and the new Spider Man off simply because Activision is involved but it looks like High Moon made a pretty good game despite Activision.

Diresu
06-23-2010, 12:26 AM
added to GF list

Hisham
06-23-2010, 02:01 AM
I looked at it and it was looking good. Might have to get it once my income tax check gets here.

Bsack
06-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Recieved a damn good review from IGN as well. I thought the game looked pretty good overall anyways just another title added to gamefly.

PUNK em 733
06-28-2010, 03:14 AM
I'm shocked how good some of these reviews are. I'll get it once it's been out a few months at around 30 bucks.