PDA

View Full Version : PSP new price quotes?

Nights
07-22-2004, 06:25 PM
The Sony PSP portable Game Console, also called the 'Walkman of the 21st century' might only cost between $199 and $249 instead of the former published $300-$400.

A EA representative said the games will cost around $40. In an article on CNN Money it also is said that Sony plans to initially ship 3 Mio. units.

All I can say is wow... I4U news and CNN are the new sources for this. If it did end up being $199 nobody would by a ds for $179.99.

Heck the price of games alone are looking similar. Average DS 35 (for a last generation game), or 40 for a this generation game.

I still think $249 will be the price, I've stated that from day one. If it's lower I'll be happy.

Michael Bluth
07-22-2004, 06:28 PM
If article is accurate, it'd be another Viper-pwn.

Viper
07-22-2004, 06:30 PM
CNN - $199 and $249

Chris deering of Sony - $460.00

Now give me one good reason why I shouldn't believe Sonys' price on its own product?

Nights
07-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Because now that they are manufacturing massive quantities and it's not just a few. Prices have gone down, technology prices have also gone down, sony has now figured out ways to cut prices on the system without effecting performance. A lot has happend since that old hash statement.

So it makes since. Things are always cheeper when your mass produce and the parts are all sony parts.

Plus: have you ever heard of sony overhyping things. Imagine what people will do when they see this system they all think is worth 450 dollars but can be bought for 200 dollars. Maybe that's there plan.

You know, this would also explain the numerous more developers that the PSP has recently aquired. That would explain how all the sudden many more developers are willing to jump on boards.

Just another thing to think about.