PDA

View Full Version : News: 'Shoot to Kill' on the Gamecube

zacharypike
04-03-2002, 01:10 PM
http://www.cube-europe.com/newsgfx/stk.jpg

Codemasters today confirms a new game for the GameCube! Their intention is to shake up the “predictable” first-person action game market with Shoot to Kill: Colombian Crackdown
“Game developers are complacent with first-person shooter games, relying on better graphics and broadband gameplay to spice up ageing dinosaurs,” says Raeburn.

“Message boards are full of criticism for over-hyped FPSs that simply don’t take the genre any further. We intend to totally reinvent the cliched first-person shooter, move it on, deliver a fresh gameplay experience and show gamers what they've been missing for years.”

The studio is currently winning acclaim for its progression of the racing game market with TOCA Race Driver, which brings a gripping narrative and plot to a realistic, licence-based racing title.

Shoot to Kill: Colombian Crackdown has a deep and gripping plot of deception, betrayal and revenge, coupled with intense and refined gameplay. It is being designed for PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube and PC, with the revolutionary and unique new features to be revealed.

With a modern-day setting, it plunges players deep into Colombia’s drug underworld as Drug Enforcement Administration Officers. The experience charges players with uncovering individuals and gangs involved in the trade and trafficking of cocaine with strict instructions to shoot to kill.

“The first-person shooter market really needs its arse kicking,” emphasises Raeburn.
“We’re looking to bring a new aspect to the genre through the use of revolutionary AI and physics systems, essentially doing for action shooter market what the new TOCA Race Driver and Colin McRae Rally 3 games are very successfully doing for motor sport gaming.”

Shoot to Kill as the game is not due for release in the Europe until the end of 2003.

We will keep you updated with new details and or screens as soon as we get our hands on them!

Juan Marcano
04-03-2002, 05:34 PM
That sounds kiddie

(note the sarcasm)

Really, I´ll be checking it out. It sounds promising.

darkmagic
04-03-2002, 06:38 PM
Sounds like a lark...

Project: Kill
04-03-2002, 10:22 PM
Shoot to Kill: Colombian Crackdown

Whoa, someones going to use the word 'colombian' in a fps game? They must have some large nuts.

*smells another lawsuit*

Cubed4Ever
04-03-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Project: Kill
Shoot to Kill: Colombian Crackdown

Whoa, someones going to use the word 'colombian' in a fps game? They must have some large nuts.

*smells another lawsuit*

lol, ya they better watch out

Wildcat06
04-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by Juan Marcano
That sounds kiddie

(note the sarcasm)

Really, I´ll be checking it out. It sounds promising.

yah i think ill be checking it out when it is released sounds pretty cool and i think it will be a buyer. :)

axps
04-04-2002, 11:01 PM
mmm more fps!