PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube = Not Cool

Kliq
06-28-2004, 03:29 AM
My RANT -

Why is it that XBOX and Ps2 have reached mainstream status but Gamecube is the "hardcore Nintendo fanboy's console". Its kind of sad that Microsoft came into the console race and is now outselling Gamecube in the US. I mean, even I want an XBOX now. XBOX Live sounds so kickass. And that $50 or so price to go online is NOTHING. So why does Nintendo keep speaking for us when they say we don't want to pay to go online? I DO WANT TO PAY! Damnit, I don't care if I had to pay $50 a year or whatever it is to go online. If Nintendo can keep the prices competitive and offer online games such as Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and also have 3rd party titles like Madden, Live then I'd definitely pay.

Its sad that Nintendo keeps saying "next generation, next generation" every time a new console comes out. This was supposed to be the console to put Nintendo back on top, and they've only managed to lose MORE 3rd party support. I sware if Nintendo doesn't go online next generation I'm gonna have to reconsider staying with them.

Instead of going with the DVD-CD Roms, they went with the mini-discs. No problem.

Instead of having a built in DVD player, they say no. No problem.

Instead of holding onto RARE, they sell them. Problem now? No. But in the future we're gonna feel dumb.

Instead of going online they give us this crappy excuse of online gaming, GCN/GBA connectivity.

Instead of the promised new franchises we've only gotten remakes and sequels of already-established franchises. Its not too much of a problem, but I wanna see new franchises.

The only things that have made me somewhat proud are the relationships with Namco, Square and Capcom. Hell, we've even managed to lose Silicon Knights exclusive games.

I wonder what Nintendo's gameplan is going into the next-generation. I REALLY hope Nintendo doesn't stay this stubborn next time around. They try so hard to be different but it ends up hurting them. I mean, I like originality. But I DON'T like connectvity, so why can't Nintendo just be like everyone and give us some online play damnit.

*sigh*

'twas my Rant. Sorry, but I'm getting frustrated when the only game I'm looking forward to all summer is Tales of Symphonia.

shadowrunner
06-28-2004, 03:33 AM
very wisely said.

Pro A.
06-28-2004, 03:34 AM
I agree with you on most of the points except for the thing about Rare. Rare is the biggest walking joke on the planet and they don't have definite plans for a while. The GBA player was a neat addition, but yea, they should have gone and done more.

On the upside, a system that managed to create Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, SMS, SSB:M, Resident Evil, Twin Snakes can't be that bad.

Kliq
06-28-2004, 03:39 AM
I agree with you on most of the points except for the thing about Rare. Rare is the biggest walking joke on the planet and they don't have definite plans for a while. The GBA player was a neat addition, but yea, they should have gone and done more.

On the upside, a system that managed to create Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, SMS, SSB:M, Resident Evil, Twin Snakes can't be that bad.

But in the long run when Perfect Dark 0 comes out or when Conker comes out ... or even the new Killer Instinct, we're gonna feel dumb knowing we could of had it.

dwhittenempire
06-28-2004, 03:41 AM
I know I would feel dumb about not having perfect dark...

shadowrunner
06-28-2004, 03:43 AM
plz, if i could give you nintendo-ers PD back i would.......never liked that game..... had something to do with always losing, i presume.

Kliq
06-28-2004, 03:44 AM
plz, if i could give you nintendo-ers PD back i would.......never liked that game..... had something to do with always losing, i presume.

Perfect Dark had to be my favorite game of all time on the N64, I loved it.

koten
06-28-2004, 03:49 AM
the answer to the rant is simple.

CASUAL GAMERS ARE KILLING THE INDUSTRY.

Allow gamecube guy to explain it. He does a much better job than I could.

http://gamecubeguy.com:8080/articles.php?id=14

shadowrunner
06-28-2004, 03:52 AM
if it werent for mainstream gamers, most of the games we love today wouldnt have been made because the companys ouldnt get the financial backing for them.
eg, Vice city never wouldve been made if gta3 wasnt such a big mainstream hit.

god bless the mainstream :headbang:

dwhittenempire
06-28-2004, 03:56 AM
I miss the old days when you could pick up a game like mario bros or frogger and have hours of fun without being so critical of a game..

Michael
06-28-2004, 04:03 AM
^ain't that the truth...but games are becoming a tool in which people experiance things on. The big thrill is overly done now, as well as simplifying the game so much that there's no use to play it for hardcore gamers. Graphics, and ego now play a bigger role then ever, without these many companies fail. Nintendo is also shy, that doesn't help many fans. Protectivness also plays a role, nintendo seems to be doing things to keep the fans they have, so many other gamers can come in. Media isn't that big, or atleast commercials, just look at prince of persia....by all means, if they followed the formula down to the teeth, and still failed. I think if they were exclusive to one system, they would have done far better then they did. None of this was true in the past, but the industry has been changing since playstation 1, I knew this would happen this generation, but I liked nintendo, what else can I say.

dwhittenempire
06-28-2004, 04:08 AM
People arn't about fun now. People are about graphics and ect...

This sad conclusion is why someday Nintendo's fate is looking gloom.

alpha
06-28-2004, 05:11 AM
Gamecube= Not Cool

but...

Gamecube = Good

OutlawAdidas
06-28-2004, 05:15 AM
It all has to change someday. People are becoming blinded by things that don't really make a game, just add on to them. Online is lookin to be the future of gaming. But until Ninty thinks that its profitable then, thats when they will go online

alpha
06-28-2004, 05:17 AM
^Which is smart.

The Dude
06-28-2004, 05:18 AM
I realized a long time ago video games are not what they used to be, and they never will be agian. If you play video games to be "cool" you just suck at life. You play video games becuse you enjoy it, not to care about fitting in

alpha
06-28-2004, 05:20 AM
You play video games becuse you enjoy it, not to care about fitting in

Which I find hard due to how i have a gamecube. :lick:

Glenn2K4
06-28-2004, 05:21 AM
i share the same emotions that Kliq does. I mean i never thought i'd see the day when i really wanted to buy a xbox.

nintendo has really been wearing thin with me. i mean seriously, the gamecube was supposed to be the system to change things for nintendo -- but instead we get a purple console with very few original titles, still bad 3rd part support thanks to N's high royalty fees, and very few RPGs.

I want online and $50 for a year's play is a great price...do you hear that nintendo? :oops:

Next generation, I am not buying a console the first day it comes out just because I am promised something spectacular by Nintendo. I will wait it out and really compare what is out there.....if Nintendo doesn't deliver, I will go with the competitors and I won't look.

dwhittenempire
06-28-2004, 05:25 AM
lol poor Glen likes to be stubborn. He prolly has Nintendo's next generation system on reserve. :D

Glenn2K4
06-28-2004, 05:30 AM
^ lol be quiet DWhitten...im trying to make a serious statement here.

seriously, one day i got so fed up, i was going to sell my cube and games on ebay and buy xbox + xbox live gaming package with 3 games.

the only thing that stopped me is hearing that the MS Xenon won't be backwards compatible.

OutlawAdidas
06-28-2004, 05:34 AM
i hearing bitching. Be happy that you are hanging onto your morals while every other gamer is selling their souls. They will regret it in the long run

alpha
06-28-2004, 05:35 AM
^ lol be quiet DWhitten...im trying to make a serious statement here.

seriously, one day i got so fed up, i was going to sell my cube and games on ebay and buy xbox + xbox live gaming package with 3 games.

the only thing that stopped me is hearing that the MS Xenon won't be backwards compatible.

why? Xbox= ghey even with Halo and Ninja Gaiden :(

dork
06-28-2004, 05:37 AM
i don't give a shit what's cool. software is everything

koten
06-28-2004, 05:53 AM
^ boom.

I have a million and one Xbox gamers at my school. They are always telling me that GCN is gay, Zelda will die, and the Xbox will rule the world. They are idiotic, and i never listen to them. I defend Nintendo to the death, and like i said, the day nintendo goes third party is the day video games die.

P.S. Nintendo will DIE before going 3rd Party. Long live the Samurai of Video Games

Glenn2K4
06-28-2004, 06:59 AM
believe it or not, Xbox does have some great software and games besides Halo and Ninja Gaiden.

...and seriously, who dosen't like the cool feeling playing online, competing in tourneys and forming battle alliances, etc. It's fun and it's sad that nintendo has deprived its fans of such an experience this long. It's wrong and you know it.

Never thought I'd see the day I would defend the xbox, but the xbox is not that bad, and with the recent price drop, it is hard to resist.

Like i said, the only thing that is holding me back is that Xenon won't be backwards compatible and is coming in 2005...but other than that, Nintendo seriously needs to reconsider its gameplan when hardcore vets such as myself and Kliq get fed with their business practices.

Connectivity, the eReader, a purple console, Rare and SK gone, no Online plans, handful of 3rd party support, no dvd player, and the list goes on.....this is not okay with me, at all. :no:

OutlawAdidas
06-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Dude, Nintendo will pull through. I guaran-damn tee

dork
believe it or not, Xbox does have some great software and games besides Halo and Ninja Gaiden.

...and seriously, who dosen't like the cool feeling playing online, competing in tourneys and forming battle alliances, etc. It's fun and it's sad that nintendo has deprived its fans of such an experience this long. It's wrong and you know it.

Never thought I'd see the day I would defend the xbox, but the xbox is not that bad, and with the recent price drop, it is hard to resist.

Like i said, the only thing that is holding me back is that Xenon won't be backwards compatible and is coming in 2005...but other than that, Nintendo seriously needs to reconsider its gameplan when hardcore vets such as myself and Kliq get fed with their business practices.

Connectivity, the eReader, a purple console, Rare and SK gone, no Online plans, handful of 3rd party support, no dvd player, and the list goes on.....this is not okay with me, at all.
:uhoh: um, we got the gameboy player though... *runs*

Viper
The Viper take on the past and the future.

GC = Yamauchi product.

Revolution = Satoru Iwata product.

Completely changes everything. If you can't see how, you will.

OutlawAdidas
06-28-2004, 07:04 AM
dude, I think that this gen, Nintendo was testing out new things. We gotta wait for next gen

Glenn2K4
06-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Its hard for me to trust even Satoru Iwata too
i mean look at some of the things he has said:

"If a sequel isn't substantially different from its predecessor than there's no reason to buy it, and players realize that."
we are still getting Mario Party 5, 6 and whatever other rehash they throw at us. The only difference between each of the Mario Party titles are one title "sux" and the other just "sux alot."

"...youngsters are the people with the most time to play the games, and often the most passionate. The fact is that Nintendo is the only manufacturer who seriously targets this market. [...] They are the purest and truest indicator of game quality."
attention: when is the last time you heard "youngsters" say wow, the gamecube is cool!!!11!1...."youngsters" dont even think the Gamecube is cool...but they do know what is cool, and therefore are buying GTA, Halo, KOTOR, Jak, and less Mario Tennis

"Simply because the PlayStation 2 may lead in number of units sold, I don't believe Sony is unbeatable. In many Japanese households the PlayStation 2 serves only as a DVD player, with its gameplay capability ignored. Taking that into account, it's meaningless to compare the number of PlayStation 2 vs. Gamecube units sold."
....somehow the PS2 game sales still outsell the GC's...i wonder....

[/rant]
i hope Nintendo gets it right next time, just as anybody does. But for now, I am very skeptical of a hardware maker who thought the eReader was an excellent idea.
:queer:

koten
06-28-2004, 07:39 AM
Saturo Iwata is just trying to make people feel better. He is protecting the investors from worrying. He knows there is some trouble and is trying to make it seem lessor. Just wait, he will fix things, he is just sugar coating it for know

OutlawAdidas
06-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Yea, I think he knows what he is doing. Plus, Sony did have the upper hand due to thir interjecting of the DVD player into their PS2, but what are they gonna put into the PS3 that will make it stand out?

Viper
06-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Its hard for me to trust even Satoru Iwata too
i mean look at some of the things he has said:I can rebutte each of those to giv eyou more faith in Iwata.

"If a sequel isn't substantially different from its predecessor than there's no reason to buy it, and players realize that."
we are still getting Mario Party 5, 6 and whatever other rehash they throw at us. The only difference between each of the Mario Party titles are one title "sux" and the other just "sux alot."The decision for Mario party 5 came before Iwata took over. Mario Party 6 is going to be completely innovative, remember, it doesn't even use teh GC controller.

"...youngsters are the people with the most time to play the games, and often the most passionate. The fact is that Nintendo is the only manufacturer who seriously targets this market. [...] They are the purest and truest indicator of game quality."
attention: when is the last time you heard "youngsters" say wow, the gamecube is cool!!!11!1...."youngsters" dont even think the Gamecube is cool...but they do know what is cool, and therefore are buying GTA, Halo, KOTOR, Jak, and less Mario TennisKids aren't guying GTA, their uninformed parents are. Keep in mind, what is'cool' and what is good are not the same thing. Do you want to play the 'cool' console or the one with great games?

"Simply because the PlayStation 2 may lead in number of units sold, I don't believe Sony is unbeatable. In many Japanese households the PlayStation 2 serves only as a DVD player, with its gameplay capability ignored. Taking that into account, it's meaningless to compare the number of PlayStation 2 vs. Gamecube units sold."
....somehow the PS2 game sales still outsell the GC's...i wonder....

[/rant] He is right. When the PS2 came out in Japan, the console sold very well but the games sold horribly yet DVD sales spiked by 500%. You ask why do the games sell more? Compare this.

PS2 = 70 million
GC - 15 million
5 times as many console so therefore they system should have 5 times the sales for a multiplatform game yet it doesn't. Usually around 2-3 times the sales, sometimes less. What is this gap then?

i hope Nintendo gets it right next time, just as anybody does. But for now, I am very skeptical of a hardware maker who thought the eReader was an excellent idea.
:queer:The E-Reader is an excellent idea just not used to potential.
You have to remember that Nintendo has been doing this for a long time and is still making more profit than the other two combined. Now add in a visionary like Iwata and a marketing genius like Fils-Aine and Revolution is set to be exactly that.

OutlawAdidas
06-28-2004, 08:17 AM
Viper, sometimes you make me sooo happy I could just hug myself! jk

great facts though

fishbonetaher
06-28-2004, 10:45 AM
i still believe to this day that nintendo didn't give up its sk exclusivity, maybe i'm in denial, but until i see concrete proof, i will not believe it.

Glenn2K4
06-28-2004, 11:23 AM
i have been hoping that all of this is just a "sanity effect" but I believe that it just might be true.

SK working on xbox (http://microsoft.gamerfeed.com/gf/news/6690/)--xbox.com
SK and Nintendo Split (http://cube.ign.com/articles/506/506189p1.html?fromint=1)-- ign
SK end exclusivity deal with Nintendo (http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/gamecube/games/news/35039.shtml) --gamepro
SK end deal with Nintendo (http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/metalgearworkingtitle/news_6093427.html)--gamespot

-- with still some hope left, SK hasnt mentioned anything on their site about it (though they may be bound legally not to say anything).
-- also, there has been no report of this split on any new site other than gaming sites.

we will see.
where ever Too Human goes, I will follow

Messiah
06-28-2004, 01:48 PM
I can rebutte each of those to giv eyou more faith in Iwata.

The decision for Mario party 5 came before Iwata took over. Mario Party 6 is going to be completely innovative, remember, it doesn't even use teh GC controller.

Kids aren't guying GTA, their uninformed parents are. Keep in mind, what is'cool' and what is good are not the same thing. Do you want to play the 'cool' console or the one with great games?
He is right. When the PS2 came out in Japan, the console sold very well but the games sold horribly yet DVD sales spiked by 500%. You ask why do the games sell more? Compare this.

PS2 = 70 million
GC - 15 million
5 times as many console so therefore they system should have 5 times the sales for a multiplatform game yet it doesn't. Usually around 2-3 times the sales, sometimes less. What is this gap then?

The E-Reader is an excellent idea just not used to potential.
You have to remember that Nintendo has been doing this for a long time and is still making more profit than the other two combined. Now add in a visionary like Iwata and a marketing genius like Fils-Aine and Revolution is set to be exactly that.

Thats a good godamn post :)

Bloodman
06-28-2004, 04:46 PM
It bothers me how DS will have online play but they are undecided about revolution.

swifferman
06-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Viper: E-Reader was not a hit because it is cumbersome and completely untested a la Virtual Boy. People just don't know what the hell is going on with that, and thus, they don't like it. I personally hate it as I see it as somewhat of a cash cow, but that's just me.

On Satora Iwata: I don't know anything about this.

Kliq and the Others:

If you expect changes this-gen, put them on hold. Past the 2 year marker Nintendo does not go changing their console to get a new target demographic and have most likely since been gearing it towards kids.

On the topic of XBOX Live:
Nintendo (while not pleasing you guys, lol pleasing) has decided to stay out of online because of profitability. Obviously, this is smart.

XBOX Live does not make money. The $50 seems paltry because it is. This is below cost and if Nintendo came out withe the same kind of online plan, they too would lose money. Sony I don't really know as I know that they place server support and what not on the 3rd party side. Maybe Nintendo could do the same?

Michael
06-28-2004, 05:19 PM
It bothers me how DS will have online play but they are undecided about revolution.
Online is almost a given at this point, though some would disagree with me. For one your using a computer screen while that might sell your right there think how would you play multiplayer games. I'd be close to impossible to do so, hopefully your at a computer desk (I'd expect) and can think how much of a hassle it'd be if 4, 6 or 8 of your friends (because they said i'd have more then 4 slots) could play on a single screen. Not only that you see how easy it is to look at the screen and could possibly play games on it. With the harddrive, and possibly a good starting interface, It could be a computer-esq system, against a gaming system. Plus, you know there gonna put Wifi and bluetooth in it at the start, then it's a simple matter of 3rd parties or such wanting a higher connection speed and nintendo doing something about it..

Karavi
06-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Hmm... Nintendo, I believe, is actually following an intelligent route. They've always pulled through, and I doubt that will change. Quality over quantity, just because it's online, does not mean it's good. Trust me, I had Xbox Live due to the temptation for quite a long time - and it is no better than what you can get on your computer, the only difference is, it's a helluva lot cheaper on your PC. And if you've noticed, in order to sell games, they generally have to make it online. Because of their lack of storylines, and ability to create a quality game aside from that of a FPS, etc.

Many of the people I know who have Xbox, do not have Xbox Live, nor do they like it. They prefer their computers, and I am one of those people. Even if you have a computer with a 5gig HDD and a video card as old as my grandmother, you can still do quite a bit with them. Xbox games aren't 100% pure quality. What they are, are repetitive games that you can see wherever you go. Pick up a cheaper version, it's like namebrand, and storebrand there. It's beginning to irritate me, because not only am I a Nintendo fan, but I love my Xbox too.

*gets bashed*

Either way... I have more games for my Xbox. And you know what? The majority of those games are also on PS2, and some are even on GC. The lack of exclusives that it has is simply pathetic. They've also lost a lot of money, too. In fact, if I remember correctly, last year they had lost more money than Nintendo had. GBA/SP is also selling tremendously across every country, they bring in a lot of profit due to it, which is something they can use to grow and expand on.

If you enjoy exclusives that aren't on 50 different platforms, and grow cheaper and cheaper with each. (Like Fatal Frame on Xbox being $50 while on PS2 it's $20 -_-). Then Nintendo is the way to go. Nintendo still holds the most exclusives out of every other system, and not only that, they're good, quality, games. People are going for the graphics, and not for the gameplay. They make their games look pretty in their ads, and in their commercials, but when you get it, is it really THAT great? Most certainly not. The only thing that happens to be great is the amount you spend for such a horrible game.

I sincerely hope Nintendo does not go the Sony route. I hate my PS2, I really do. They made the most money off of glitching people up. My first PS2 had a bug, I sent it into Sony, they send it back and tell me they're not going to fix it. So, I buy a new one, and GUESS WHAT! It has a bug too! My brother that time bought a new one, and I took a sledgehammer to both of mine. That, and the quality of their games, again, isn't that great. Sure, they have Square, but even square is losing the originality and fun that I once craved..

Nintendo is my last hope. The only one that's actually maintaining solid grounds among all this console warfare. They still have their exclusives, and bring more to the table with them every year, despite what some may think. They still release us into an awesome world that no one else has been able to achieve in the same manner. Nintendo is really a great company, the best out there. If Nintendo dies - everything else does. Did anyone know that Microsoft had a team tear apart the Gamecube to figure out what exactly was in it? That's right. Microsoft was so enthralled with how powerful Gamecube was, in such a small little package.

So have hope. :D Because I'm losing mine in everything except for Nintendo. I'm sure that Nintendo will go online, but I doubt that they'll take the same approach everyone else is. I think they're attempting to create a different atmosphere, unlike what you can just sit down and do on your computer. Which, I'm all for, and I hope that they are taking their time and doing that rather than going the half-assed fast way.

Cofey
06-28-2004, 05:41 PM
^Somebody forward this thread to Nintendo and wake thier asses up. Not that they'll listen, but it's worth a shot...

Kliq
06-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love my GCN. I'm just fed up with not being able to get games that other consoles do.

I LOVED the Sega Sports titles. I bought NBA 2k2 and 2k3 for GCN, and then Sega Sports decided to discontinue support for GCN :( I think Nintendo needs to realize that they're losing support everyday but it seems like they don't really care.

The only plus is the support of EA, which is a good thing.

Like Glenn said, I won't be buying the next-gen consoles as soon as they come out. I'll be making a more careful decision this time. Online play will be a huge deciding factor for me.

KamiKaZe
06-28-2004, 07:30 PM
I agree with you whole-heartedly, Kliq. I've considered jumping ship to the Xbox during the next generation if Nintendo doesn't start putting out. I already have a Ps2 and for a while, I played that more than my GCN. I liked what Dwhitten said about how we used to play games for fun, and I do believe strongly that Nintendo realizes the same thing, and that is why they are trying to be original. Of course, if they don't get serious (lose the kiddy image, go online, etc.) then I may have to take a different path next generation.

Markopolo356
06-28-2004, 07:38 PM
^^ on the same note, what ever happend to nintendo sports?

Kliq
06-28-2004, 07:41 PM
^^ on the same note, what ever happend to nintendo sports?

No clue, I would of liked to see a yearly update of Kobe Bryant Courtside.

Michael
06-28-2004, 07:52 PM
There was a courtside at the beginning of gamecube's life...Nintendo sports is known to do just one game a gen...

Hisham
06-28-2004, 07:55 PM
PS3 is comming first for me next gen for sure. Unless nintendo pulls something extrodinary off, cause I'm in serious game drought... I never used to have to force myself to play a game, yet now with the gcn, games that I should have beaten a long time ago have gathered dust. I now play my dreamcast more than the gcn because the gcn's game's for me aren't even that fun anymore...

Yesterday I tried to force myself to play Wind Waker again. After I got the telescope I turned off the game and connected my dreamcast and played Powerstone 2 and it gave me a more fun experince. Now to me that is just a bit dumb because I've beaten both games and Wind Waker is a 1 player game and Powerstone 2 is meant to be a multi-player game yet I had more fun with it's single player...

Kliq
06-28-2004, 08:04 PM
Yea man, I still haven't beat Wind Waker yet (but thats cus my little brother deleted my data).

I play Ocarina of Time more then I play Wind Waker.

Hisham
06-28-2004, 08:09 PM
Heh, I got metal arms a month or so ago. I should have beaten it already but I just stopped playing it for some reason. I don't really know why because metal arms is an awsome game.

koten
06-28-2004, 08:29 PM
^ that's cause the game is evil. After you get past the training level, you are sent into an area SWARMED by enemies

alpha
06-28-2004, 08:34 PM
lmao shin you idiot no wonder you shut it off you only get to the damn part where you got the telescope.

Hisham
06-28-2004, 08:35 PM
^ that's cause the game is evil. After you get past the training level, you are sent into an area SWARMED by enemies

But it fun. And I don't know why, but I don't seem to want to play games anymore...

lmao shin you idiot no wonder you shut it off you only get to the damn part where you got the telescope.

I've beaten the game already. I mentioned that. And the reason I shut it off was because it was more boring then fun...

koten
06-28-2004, 09:14 PM
because you didn't get to the part that is fun, the telloscope thing happens 5 seconds after you start the game. If you are bored by then you really have no patience to do anything

Hisham
06-28-2004, 09:18 PM
:rolleyes:

I won't resort to flaming but I will tell you this.

If I had no patience to do anything then why did I wait through the load times of Powerstone 2. Why did I play all the way through arcade mode TWICE. It was because for some reason GCN games don't seem fun to me anymore(probably can say that for all next gen games.)

Sendok
06-29-2004, 12:03 AM
This is just me, but next fall my XBox is going to make the journey out to college and the cube stays home.

Sure i have way more cube games, I may like the cube a bit more than the XBox, but when it comes right down to it. I want to play Halo 2. I don't care about anyother game very much this year other than Halo 2.

Yes the big N does have alot comming its way...but hey im in college. I don't have the money I once did. Because of that fact, i can't get all those games. If i can have one game tide me over for as long as Halo has, and have great online play im so sold!

OutlawAdidas
06-29-2004, 12:27 AM
I don't know why everyone likes Halo so much. Its an ok game, but nothing so amazing as to.....Metroid Prime! But anywho, Nintendo won't be publishing another Kobe Bryant Courtside, any time soon. Lemme put it like this, if they were to make another Kobe Courtside game, then they might as well make a R-kelly Piss on you game. It was consential..........haha

Sendok
06-29-2004, 12:36 AM
I don't know why everyone likes Halo so much. Its an ok game, but nothing so amazing as to.....Metroid Prime! But anywho, Nintendo won't be publishing another Kobe Bryant Courtside, any time soon. Lemme put it like this, if they were to make another Kobe Courtside game, then they might as well make a R-kelly Piss on you game. It was consential..........haha

Yes when it comes down to single player experience Metroid Prime is better. When it comes to w/friends Halo gets the cake.

...but what does Kobe Bryant have to do w/this? *is confused*

just try to see it from my view. Halo i still play, MP...no incentive to replay for me after the 2nd time through when i got 100%

alpha
06-29-2004, 12:37 AM
The only thing good about Halo is it's online mutliplayer which shouldn't even count to it as a game.

OutlawAdidas
06-29-2004, 12:58 AM
oh the Kobe Bryant thing came from the second page in which they were talking about Nintendo sports

koten
06-29-2004, 03:25 AM
Yes when it comes down to single player experience Metroid Prime is better. When it comes to w/friends Halo gets the cake.

...but what does Kobe Bryant have to do w/this? *is confused*

just try to see it from my view. Halo i still play, MP...no incentive to replay for me after the 2nd time through when i got 100%

Metroid Echos's Multiplayer will kill Halo's. Seriously, hunting down the powerups and them leading to knew exploration (like underwater and lava, etc) will blow away Halo's "find gun and... find gun"

TheSkull
06-29-2004, 03:29 AM
Ok, due to the fact Sega no longer exists. I buy only Nintendo systems. I liked Sega and Nintendo, because they were the good ole systems. Then this punkass kid named Playstation showed up and started hatin on Nintendo, so then Nintendo and Sega kicked some ass on that punk. So that punk brought it's friend Xbox, and they had Sega assassinated, so they could try to bring the Nintendo man down. So Nintendo layed low for awhile, in order to get the hell up and kick some ass at a later day.

Markopolo356
06-29-2004, 03:32 AM
^^How would Playstation's friend be Xbox when M$ hates Sony?

koten
06-29-2004, 03:53 AM
If M$ hated sony, all Sony computers would Run Mac, Linux or worse yet, A Sony made opperating system

Karavi
06-29-2004, 04:06 AM
True. I'm sure if Sony hated Microsoft that much then Microsoft would not be allowing Sony to use their operating system.

I'm still sad over Sega dying. They were a great company, with great games and great ideas. They were just ahead of their time, and the Saturn was really a low-blow for them, hardly any profit. Sadly, it's one of the things that lead to their demise. Dreamcast, I'm sure, had it lived, would have taken out PS2.

But.. :( Unfortunately, I believe the DC was released too far ahead of schedule. Had it waited, I think they may have succeeded at the very least a little more than what they had.

Hisham
06-29-2004, 04:11 AM
Metroid Echos's Multiplayer will kill Halo's. Seriously, hunting down the powerups and them leading to knew exploration (like underwater and lava, etc) will blow away Halo's "find gun and... find gun"

How do you know that as a fact? None of the games have been realeased yet, and it's much to early to start comparing the games... That should wait till after the games come out and you play both so you don't make some fanboyish decision on the game.

koten
06-29-2004, 04:13 AM
and hopefully the Xbox would neeer have been born

sam stoepee
06-29-2004, 04:21 AM
I actually am really enjoying my gamecube. Its 10x better then the Nintendo 64. I bought a Nintendo 64 when it was released and spent the next couple years kicking myself in the ass because I didnt buy a Playstation instead. To this day the only two games I've kept for my N64 are Mario Kart, Goldeneye and Mario 64. So when the Gamecube was released I didnt run out and buy it. I waited until it had some games that I knew I would like (metroid, wind waker, mario sunshine). Gamecube has been my primary system ever since with PS2 as my secondary. Xbox has a couple great games (Halo, Ninja Gaiden), but it doesnt make it worth buying another system for me. Besides I hate the Xbox controller and my friend has had to send in his Xbox to the company twice because its broken on him due to its hard drive. The online thing doesnt really bother me because I dont think that its been perfected for consoles yet; I've had that PS2 online adapter for a couple years now and have yet to get the thing to work. Anyway, Ill continue to support Nintendo and Playstation, for now Xbox hasnt justified my purchasing it.

bobo_ess
06-29-2004, 05:43 AM
If Rare makes a JFG or any other system than Nintendo, I am gonna flip out.

Hisham
06-29-2004, 05:44 AM
If Rare makes a JFG or any other system than Nintendo, I am gonna flip out.

Well there never going to make it for a nintendo console. Maybe a nintendo handheld, but unless rare comes back, JFG isn't comming to nintendo and most likely it will be out for X-Box.

bobo_ess
06-29-2004, 05:47 AM
Yea. It stinks. that was my favorite game for the 64.

alpha
06-29-2004, 06:02 AM
and..err what is JFG?

koten
06-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Jet Force Gemini

bobo_ess
06-29-2004, 06:07 AM
A killer game.

koten
06-29-2004, 06:17 AM
Never played it actually, but i've heard good things

DLX
06-29-2004, 06:29 AM
I mean, even I want an XBOX now. XBOX Live sounds so kickass.

If you want an Xbox, then by all means go out and buy one. Hell, I own one. There is no reason why you should deny yourself the ability to play games on a system you dont have just to proove to yourself your the ultimate Nintendo Fanboy. Fanboyism is in the mind and soul my friend, not in your pocket, so go out and buy an Xbox if you really want one. Besides, Microsoft is losing money if you do anyway... :headbang: :spiny:

So why does Nintendo keep speaking for us when they say we don't want to pay to go online? I DO WANT TO PAY! Damnit, I don't care if I had to pay $50 a year or whatever it is to go online. If Nintendo can keep the prices competitive and offer online games such as Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and also have 3rd party titles like Madden, Live then I'd definitely pay.

Nintendo doesnt always have the kind of money it needs to please people all the time kliq. Nintendo is no longer the dominant company it was, and if it is to stay in this console race, it has to keep its focus solely on profitability, something which at the moment does not come along with a viable online plan. Do you want online play enough that your willing to kill Nintendo in the process to get it? I sure dont want to kill Nintendo. For once put yourself in there shoes, it's easy for a person like you to criticize and criticize from the outside without realizing how important decision making is in the position they are in now.

Its sad that Nintendo keeps saying "next generation, next generation" every time a new console comes out. This was supposed to be the console to put Nintendo back on top, and they've only managed to lose MORE 3rd party support. I sware if Nintendo doesn't go online next generation I'm gonna have to reconsider staying with them.

Again, its a question of wether or not your willing to kill Nintendo over online play. Choice is yours.

3rd parties are like hard to get girls, you try to impress them but they keep giving you a hard time. Eventually, the more and more you impress them, they will eventually come around. Sometimes they stick with you, other times they see other guys with bigger d!cks and then they leave you. In a sense 3rd parties are the same way in that they come in go, but the good thing about Nintendo is that it does not need them, it can supply itself with great games from its own development (Masturbation if you still insist on following the analogy) and still cut significant prophet. Sometimes Nintendo even gives itself a stranger by allowing certain 3rd party companies to develop high profile games. Trust me when I tell you, Nintendo is in no where near as much trouble as some of you people think.

Instead of holding onto RARE, they sell them. Problem now? No. But in the future we're gonna feel dumb.

Wrong. Why is it that you still cant see how much rare sucked before and after the sale? One would think that people would learn by now.

they give us this crappy excuse of online gaming, GCN/GBA connectivity.

It's not a crappy excuse, its not even a replacement, It's nintendo's own unique flair. Judging by the adjetive you chose to have the connectivity accompanied with, It is my fair assumption that GBA connectivity isn't something you have tried very often.

Instead of the promised new franchises we've only gotten remakes and sequels of already-established franchises. Its not too much of a problem, but I wanna see new franchises.

Ok I understand this part, but even so, who could argue with good remakes of RE and MGS, and more Zelda and Metroid games? I sure as hell wouldn't, and I must say any self respecting fan wouldnt either. I still agree on more new franchises though, but can you blame nintendo? They try something new in Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin and you people quickly bash them down just because they are different from the rest of the pack.

The only things that have made me somewhat proud are the relationships with Namco, Square and Capcom. Hell, we've even managed to lose Silicon Knights exclusive games.

So? Since when did Silicon Knights become such a powerhouse? I like there games just as much as the next guy, but I doubt anything that was exclusive by them would have made much of a difference in Nintendo's profitability anyway. Eternal Darkness only sold 200,000 copies remember? If you really want Silicon Knights Low selling games, you can still get them on the gamecube, but as an exclusive developer they are no good.

I wonder what Nintendo's gameplan is going into the next-generation. I REALLY hope Nintendo doesn't stay this stubborn next time around. They try so hard to be different but it ends up hurting them. I mean, I like originality. But I DON'T like connectvity, so why can't Nintendo just be like everyone and give us some online play damnit.

Stubborn isn't the word. Working hard to preserve whatever part of the market they currently own is more like it. It saddens me that selfish people have to constantly rank on Nintendo just because they don't get exactly what they want. Sorry about slamming you with the selfish comment, but sometimes it takes a good insult to awaken somebody.

bobo_ess
06-29-2004, 06:34 AM
Of course, he was just ranting.

OutlawAdidas
06-29-2004, 05:41 PM
Rant away all you want.

koten
06-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Nicely put DXL. I agree with alot of what you said (other than buying an Xbox *shivers*) But it's true, Nintendo is for profit and when they do something people want they get bashed, but if they do what they HAVE TO they get bashed. It's a cycle. Some people are just unpleasible.

Kliq
06-29-2004, 06:44 PM
If you want an Xbox, then by all means go out and buy one. Hell, I own one. There is no reason why you should deny yourself the ability to play games on a system you dont have just to proove to yourself your the ultimate Nintendo Fanboy. Fanboyism is in the mind and soul my friend, not in your pocket, so go out and buy an Xbox if you really want one. Besides, Microsoft is losing money if you do anyway... :headbang: :spiny:

I want an XBOX, but my wallet can't support it. I'm not totally losing faith in Nintendo, I'm dieing for Tales of Symphonia.

Nintendo doesnt always have the kind of money it needs to please people all the time kliq. Nintendo is no longer the dominant company it was, and if it is to stay in this console race, it has to keep its focus solely on profitability, something which at the moment does not come along with a viable online plan. Do you want online play enough that your willing to kill Nintendo in the process to get it? I sure dont want to kill Nintendo. For once put yourself in there shoes, it's easy for a person like you to criticize and criticize from the outside without realizing how important decision making is in the position they are in now.

Wasn't Nintendo one of the most profitable companies last year? They're making tons of money off the Game Boy. You're telling me that a billion dollar company can't AFFORD to test the world of online play? If Sega can do it, I'm sure Nintendo can do it as well.

Again, its a question of wether or not your willing to kill Nintendo over online play. Choice is yours.

3rd parties are like hard to get girls, you try to impress them but they keep giving you a hard time. Eventually, the more and more you impress them, they will eventually come around. Sometimes they stick with you, other times they see other guys with bigger d!cks and then they leave you. In a sense 3rd parties are the same way in that they come in go, but the good thing about Nintendo is that it does not need them, it can supply itself with great games from its own development (Masturbation if you still insist on following the analogy) and still cut significant prophet. Sometimes Nintendo even gives itself a stranger by allowing certain 3rd party companies to develop high profile games. Trust me when I tell you, Nintendo is in no where near as much trouble as some of you people think.

Dude ... that was a great analogy :)

But as for 3rd parties, why do Sony and Microsoft get all the "hot girls" and not Nintendo. It's because Nintendo is STUBBORN, and you know it. They're not willing to go all the way to please 3rd parties. They have been getting a bit better, but we're still losing support.

Wrong. Why is it that you still cant see how much rare sucked before and after the sale? One would think that people would learn by now.

*slap*

How did Rare suck?

Let's see:

Perfect Dark

Goldeneye

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Jet Force Jemini

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Diddy Kong Racing

And let's NOT forget the Donkey Kong Country series on SNES. Rare pwns man. You're just in denial ever since they left. They may not be doing much this generation, but I'm sure they'll get back on track soon.

It's not a crappy excuse, its not even a replacement, It's nintendo's own unique flair. Judging by the adjetive you chose to have the connectivity accompanied with, It is my fair assumption that GBA connectivity isn't something you have tried very often.

It was a gimmick. And it didn't work. Thats why less and less games are utilizing it. I honestly think Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles would of sold more if it wasn't more the connectivity. I know I would of bought it.

Ok I understand this part, but even so, who could argue with good remakes of RE and MGS, and more Zelda and Metroid games? I sure as hell wouldn't, and I must say any self respecting fan wouldnt either. I still agree on more new franchises though, but can you blame nintendo? They try something new in Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin and you people quickly bash them down just because they are different from the rest of the pack.

Okay, Luigi's Mansion was a POOR effort at something new. And it wasn't even all that new. It was a 5-6 hour game starring Luigi. Pikmin was alright, didn't really grab me though.

When I say new franchises I mean fresh, new faces. I want to see new original characters.

So? Since when did Silicon Knights become such a powerhouse? I like there games just as much as the next guy, but I doubt anything that was exclusive by them would have made much of a difference in Nintendo's profitability anyway. Eternal Darkness only sold 200,000 copies remember? If you really want Silicon Knights Low selling games, you can still get them on the gamecube, but as an exclusive developer they are no good.

Eternal Darkness only sold 200,000? Thats sad.

Hey, look at it this way. The more 2nd party exclusive titles, the better, right?

Stubborn isn't the word. Working hard to preserve whatever part of the market they currently own is more like it. It saddens me that selfish people have to constantly rank on Nintendo just because they don't get exactly what they want. Sorry about slamming you with the selfish comment, but sometimes it takes a good insult to awaken somebody.

Can you blame us for complaining? Nintendo hasn't really delivered in all aspects this generation. We haven't gotten anything really NEW or EXCITING. We've gotten Mario, Samus, Zelda and Donkey Kong. Thats expected from Nintendo.

Viper
06-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Both of you guys have valid points but Kliq.....don't use the Sega/online thing as a positive....Sega tried it an they are where now in the hardware market?

Kliq
06-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Both of you guys have valid points but Kliq.....don't use the Sega/online thing as a positive....Sega tried it an they are where now in the hardware market?

But was it really because of online gaming that they had to get out of the market?

Nintendo's in a totally different position. They have a dominant hold on the handheld market where they make most of their money from. I'm sure they're not in the financial state Sega was back then.

Viper
06-29-2004, 07:00 PM
You are right, they are not in the same financial position and the online feature was not the cause of Segas fall but rather a part of it and to say N should try it because Sega did looks odd since Sega hardware died from that online console.

Of course N would do it and live but I'm just pointing out that many people will make that analogy.

advancemonkey
06-29-2004, 08:34 PM
they could have done better...

DankHero
06-29-2004, 08:42 PM
^^ glad to see your back

coolwiteverybody
06-29-2004, 10:43 PM
I say, stop basking in the failure and downfalls of the Gamecube and look what it brought us. It's already been proven Nintendo gave it a better run than both the Xbox and PS2 considering all of the third party support they lost. We can only hope for the best, and I actually bought the Gamecube because it was original. I don't care if my system is mainstream or not.

DLX
06-29-2004, 10:50 PM
I want an XBOX, but my wallet can't support it. I'm not totally losing faith in Nintendo, I'm dieing for Tales of Symphonia.

You can always get a job... :angel:

Wasn't Nintendo one of the most profitable companies last year? They're making tons of money off the Game Boy. You're telling me that a billion dollar company can't AFFORD to test the world of online play? If Sega can do it, I'm sure Nintendo can do it as well.

Nope, outside of the small boost at the end of the year due to the price cut, Nintendo was in a world of hurt. They may be making tons of money out of the gameboy, but that's no reason for them to think they are some kind of money powerhouse and proceed to go spending money on anything they want. In real life, you have to conserve your money and spend it correctly or else your going to end up broke, the same applies for Nintendo. With such a small percent of the market share, right now they dont feel very confident that Online play will rack in profits that would outweight the cost of such an endeavour. The Xbox has a higher market share then Nintendo, and even Xbox live is considered a dissapointment sales-wise. You have to consider every part of the situation. Nintendo needs to focus on making Nintendo systems more popular and increase their market share before they try something that risky financial wise.

Dude ... that was a great analogy :)

But as for 3rd parties, why do Sony and Microsoft get all the "hot girls" and not Nintendo. It's because Nintendo is STUBBORN, and you know it. They're not willing to go all the way to please 3rd parties. They have been getting a bit better, but we're still losing support.

Again an issue of market share. Nintendo controls the smallest portion of the market share, thus 3rd parties don't want anything to do with it. It's not really Nintendo's fault. Nintendo has to make their system appealing to a greater number of people before 3rd parties are willing to come back again, which is what they are trying to do. Nintendo has to make some sacrifices and fight for an inch at a time if they are to get back in this thing, and lack of 3rd party support and saving online play for another time are amongst those sacrifices, similar to how Microsoft has cancelled its sports lineup indefinately in order to get better. Sacrifices my friend, everyone has to make them.

*slap*

How did Rare suck?

Let's see:

Perfect Dark

Goldeneye

Banjo Kazooie

Banjo Tooie

Jet Force Jemini

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Diddy Kong Racing

And let's NOT forget the Donkey Kong Country series on SNES. Rare pwns man. You're just in denial ever since they left. They may not be doing much this generation, but I'm sure they'll get back on track soon.p

I didn't say Rare always sucked before the sale, but I do think that they started sucking ever since 1999 came around. Since 1999, Rare has had double the bad games than it has good games, which is why Nintendo sold them, when a company that only makes 1 or 2 games a year and more then 60% of them suck, that's not very profitable. Im not in denial of anything, I have always thought they sucked since 1999, and im sticking to that. Ill even dig up mega old posts I had that proove that. The one in denial is you, since you still bring it up 2 years after Nintendo thankfully let them go.

Number of Rare games that sucked since 1999:

Donkey Kong 64 = Suck
Jet Force Gemini = Suck
Mickey's Speedway USA = Suck
Star Fox Adventures = Suck
Grabbed by the Ghoulies = Suck

Number of Rare games that were good since 1999:

Banjo-Tooie
CBFD
Perfect Dark

I rest my case.

It was a gimmick. And it didn't work. Thats why less and less games are utilizing it. I honestly think Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles would of sold more if it wasn't more the connectivity. I know I would of bought it.

Wether or not it didnt work in your opinion is irrelevant, my point is that it was never meant to be an alternative to anything, it was Nintendo's own unique idea, and most of the things they have tried with connectivity were innovative and very fun.

Okay, Luigi's Mansion was a POOR effort at something new. And it wasn't even all that new. It was a 5-6 hour game starring Luigi. Pikmin was alright, didn't really grab me though.

It was poor to you because you didn't get a full 3d mario as a launch title, I bet if Nintendo would have released a full 3d mario much less of you would be complaining about Mansion. I thought Luigi's Mansion was an interesting and fun game, maybe if all of you would have played it with a bit more of an open mind perhaps you would see the fun in it. Pikmin was another great new franchise, did you guys welcome it? Nope. At least Pikmin is getting a sequel. If I were you I would buy a copy and help show Nintendo that you really do like new franchises.

When I say new franchises I mean fresh, new faces. I want to see new original characters.

Me too.

Eternal Darkness only sold 200,000? Thats sad.

Hey, look at it this way. The more 2nd party exclusive titles, the better, right?

Not when they are doing that bad. I really liked SK, I really did, but if they are that niche I think its better for both SK and Nintendo that they sever all 2nd party ties. That way Nintendo owners who still want SK's games can still get them, and Nintendo doesn't lose as much money. It's better that way. Maybe sometime down the road when SK becomes the powerhouse I know it can be, then maybe considering SK's strong ties with Nintendo, they will rejoin Nintendo, or Dyack could always leave the company and make his own team made up of Ex SK developers and join up with Nintendo. Who knows? But right now Im not gonna cry over SK.

Can you blame us for complaining? Nintendo hasn't really delivered in all aspects this generation. We haven't gotten anything really NEW or EXCITING. We've gotten Mario, Samus, Zelda and Donkey Kong. Thats expected from Nintendo.

Again I agree with you that NEW franchises would be great, but I still wouldn't complain about what we have received so far, much less claim it isn't exciting.

HereticPB
06-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Why all this. There is no point play your systems no matter what they are and stop bitching!

dwhittenempire
06-29-2004, 11:34 PM
I just hope to god that they don't have connectivity on the next gen system like that did on Gamecube....

DLX
06-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Why all this. There is no point play your systems no matter what they are and stop bitching!

This is not bitching, this is peaceful debating, if you are not going to express your opinion then why come to this thread, much less a message board? If your not gonna say anything useful then please refrain from making comments that are equivalent in importance to ant excrement.

dwhittenempire
06-29-2004, 11:45 PM
There's a difference between bitching and complaining. I see peaceful complaints so far and no bitching. Maybe thats just me?

FuzzyDice
06-30-2004, 12:18 AM
If you were to buy a console for a start I'd start with PS2 because of the game library then Xbox, and finally Gamecube mainly because its library of good Nintendo exclusives is limited. Sunshine is pretty lame, Star Fox Adventures is a joke, but the rest are respectable. IMO get an Xbox, you won't regret it.

Kliq
06-30-2004, 01:25 AM
You can always get a job... :angel:

Nah, a lot of places around here in walking distance don't give work to 15 year olds.

Nope, outside of the small boost at the end of the year due to the price cut, Nintendo was in a world of hurt. They may be making tons of money out of the gameboy, but that's no reason for them to think they are some kind of money powerhouse and proceed to go spending money on anything they want. In real life, you have to conserve your money and spend it correctly or else your going to end up broke, the same applies for Nintendo. With such a small percent of the market share, right now they dont feel very confident that Online play will rack in profits that would outweight the cost of such an endeavour. The Xbox has a higher market share then Nintendo, and even Xbox live is considered a dissapointment sales-wise. You have to consider every part of the situation. Nintendo needs to focus on making Nintendo systems more popular and increase their market share before they try something that risky financial wise.

Okay, then why not make online gaming profitable? I'm sure their are ways and I also think gamers are ready to pay a competitive price to go online.

Again an issue of market share. Nintendo controls the smallest portion of the market share, thus 3rd parties don't want anything to do with it. It's not really Nintendo's fault. Nintendo has to make their system appealing to a greater number of people before 3rd parties are willing to come back again, which is what they are trying to do. Nintendo has to make some sacrifices and fight for an inch at a time if they are to get back in this thing, and lack of 3rd party support and saving online play for another time are amongst those sacrifices, similar to how Microsoft has cancelled its sports lineup indefinately in order to get better. Sacrifices my friend, everyone has to make them.

Actually, it is Nintendo's fault. Nintendo should realize they have a small part in the market share and lower royalty feels to bring 3rd parties to them. Just like you said, everyone has to make sacrifices.

I didn't say Rare always sucked before the sale, but I do think that they started sucking ever since 1999 came around. Since 1999, Rare has had double the bad games than it has good games, which is why Nintendo sold them, when a company that only makes 1 or 2 games a year and more then 60% of them suck, that's not very profitable. Im not in denial of anything, I have always thought they sucked since 1999, and im sticking to that. Ill even dig up mega old posts I had that proove that. The one in denial is you, since you still bring it up 2 years after Nintendo thankfully let them go.

Number of Rare games that sucked since 1999:

Donkey Kong 64 = Suck
Jet Force Gemini = Suck
Mickey's Speedway USA = Suck
Star Fox Adventures = Suck
Grabbed by the Ghoulies = Suck

Number of Rare games that were good since 1999:

Banjo-Tooie
CBFD
Perfect Dark

I rest my case.

I guess this all turns into an opinion thing. I thought Donkey Kong 64 was awesome. But then again, its all opinion so I guess we can't argue this any further.

Wether or not it didnt work in your opinion is irrelevant, my point is that it was never meant to be an alternative to anything, it was Nintendo's own unique idea, and most of the things they have tried with connectivity were innovative and very fun.

I think its safe to say it didnt work. How many people actually buy a Gamecube version of a game over Ps2 or XBOX ones because it contains connectivity?

Now how many gamers buy XBOX or Ps2 ports over GCN ones because it contains online play?

It was poor to you because you didn't get a full 3d mario as a launch title, I bet if Nintendo would have released a full 3d mario much less of you would be complaining about Mansion. I thought Luigi's Mansion was an interesting and fun game, maybe if all of you would have played it with a bit more of an open mind perhaps you would see the fun in it. Pikmin was another great new franchise, did you guys welcome it? Nope. At least Pikmin is getting a sequel. If I were you I would buy a copy and help show Nintendo that you really do like new franchises.

No, Luigi Mansion was not poor because I didn't get a 3d Mario at launch. I knew I wasn't gonna get Mario. Luigi Mansion was poor because it was supposed to be the flagship title and it didn't deliver. Luigi's Mansion was going head-to-head with Halo. The only plus about the game was the graphics.

OutlawAdidas
06-30-2004, 04:43 AM
Luigi's Mansion was a very good game. Kick ass graphics and good puzzles. It was his turn to shine anyways

koten
06-30-2004, 05:01 AM
^ in total agreement. I either want a sequal (of some sort) or Super Luigi 64. COME ON NINTENDO!!!!!

swifferman
06-30-2004, 03:06 PM
^ in total agreement. I either want a sequal (of some sort) or Super Luigi 64. COME ON NINTENDO!!!!!

wow...
you are definitely not balanced :hump:

Glenn2K4
06-30-2004, 11:10 PM
im with Kliq on this one.

and for the record: Jet Force Gemini was a good game.

bobo_ess
06-30-2004, 11:23 PM
Yes it was. It is my favorite for the 64.

Michael
06-30-2004, 11:29 PM
^Yeah, Jet force Gemini was a good game...and it had a good multiplayer...as for donkey kong 64, they many people said they made if for the money, which of course has some truth to it...and they didn't want to bother getting everything in the game...I did though, that was my greatest gaming moment...

bobo_ess
06-30-2004, 11:34 PM
JFG had so many multiplayer options once you unlock them. And a new Luigi exclusive would be cool, but not like Luigi's Mansion, that sucked (get it), and no more games like mario sunshine, that blowed (get it).

Glenn2K4
07-01-2004, 12:29 AM
^ lol...very funny.

but yes, if JFG came out on xbox looking all pretty and shiny with good gameplay, i would be very mad....or even a Killer Instinct......or Perfect Dark! :(

bobo_ess
07-01-2004, 12:32 AM
I was looking forward to Kameo too.

dave
07-02-2004, 08:29 PM
first of all i love nintendo.....i love my cube and i love its software. at one point i thought of buying an x-box but the thought was just too bizarre to hold on to. i can't make you guys happy if you feel sad because the gamecube lags behind ps2 and xbox but what i can tell you is that we, the great majority of us who are committed to nintendo and who take the time to come to this forum, WE KNEW THAT NINTENDO WOULD FALL BEHIND PS2 AND XBOX. consider that nintendo is the small one in the group.....sony and microsoft are much larger by comparison and they are not companies committed exclusively to gaming. also consider that sony and microsoft have lots more money to waste than nintendo does. remember that they don't really care about gaming just about money. however these 2 giants are locked in a vicious cycle....sony must now do anything and everything to keep microsoft from becoming no.1 in the industry and microsoft must now do anything and everything to get to no.1. what does that mean?....it means lots and lots of crappy games from these two with the occasional good ones now and then, it also means bigger and bigger losses as they each strive for so called success. yeah they'll be popular, yeah their fans are going to pick on the owners of nintendo consoles...but we'll just be cool and laid back knowing that we've got great software and killer consoles and that we're very very discriminating people when it comes to gaming. you guys don't know it yet but we're an elite in the gaming world.....we're the aristocracy

koten
07-03-2004, 04:47 AM
*shock*

You sir, are well spoken and quite wise. Vive la Nintendo-Fan.

baller101
07-03-2004, 07:05 PM
I like GCN but due to the lack of my type of games (GTA,Mgs3 and others) i find myself buying a ps2

KamiKaZe
07-04-2004, 10:43 PM
To this day the only two games I've kept for my N64 are Mario Kart, Goldeneye and Mario 64.
:nono: Someone needs to go back to kindergarten to learn how to count.

In the words of alpha: PWN

Glenn2K4
07-05-2004, 03:02 AM
funny.

does feel like an aristocracy.....
feels more like im apart of a traditional overprotected family where i'm the stepchild
whom can't go play outside with the big kids. :(

brudaman
07-05-2004, 03:11 AM
Perfect Dark had to be my favorite game of all time on the N64, I loved it.

oh yes...memories, kliq, memories

finally....kliq the biggest nintendo fanboy that i personally know has decided to let it out.