PDA

View Full Version : Is Dragon Blade dead?

The1lone2outlaw3
01-06-2002, 01:35 AM
The last I heard of Dragon Blade was how they moved the remaining team of developers for it in Retro Studios to help the troubled Metroid Prime project. Has anyone heard any more news or is it officially dead?? It was looking it was going to be a nice RPG (though it looked suspiciously like a mirror image of Final Fantasy from the screenshot I saw)

Punk_Princess
01-06-2002, 01:39 AM
well if it was a mirror of final fantasy who wouldnt buy it then. I mean i would it would be sweet.

The1lone2outlaw3
01-06-2002, 01:49 AM
Yeah, but what I'm saying is they might have stopped developing it:(

dragulongx
01-06-2002, 01:56 AM
Don't you mean Raven Blade?

Its not dead its just that Nintendo is not happy with the progress Metroid Prime is going to through so Retro decided to have all its developers concentrateon the game before they work on any other projects. Man I want the Twisted Metal: Black killing game, Thunder Rally.

Also Raven Blade looks more like the original true look of American fantasy rather than the Japanese Final Fantasy. It has dragons, knights, swords, magic and all the medieval stuff from before that would consider you a nerd if you played them back then. Damn bullies! Also in my oppinion its the only RPG with that non Japanese feel that I like.

The1lone2outlaw3
01-06-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by dragulongx
Don't you mean Raven Blade?

Its not dead its just that Nintendo is not happy with the progress Metroid Prime is going to through so Retro decided to have all its developers concentrateon the game before they work on any other projects. Man I want the Twisted Metal: Black killing game, Thunder Rally.

Also Raven Blade looks more like the original true look of American fantasy rather than the Japanese Final Fantasy. It has dragons, knights, swords, magic and all the medieval stuff from before that would consider you a nerd if you played them back then. Damn bullies! Also in my oppinion its the only RPG with that non Japanese feel that I like.

whoops dang I knew I was calling it the wrong thing:D

anyway, that does sound like a relief. Now, does anyone know when they get back to developing for it?

cookiecaper
01-06-2002, 02:02 AM
Raven Blade has been cancelled, but there are rumors it's coming back after Metroid Prime. You must understand, Metroid is one of Nintendo's dearest franchises, should it go under, Nintendo will be in deep. Therefore, Retro should concentrate all it's resources toward Metroid until the game is finished and ready to be published.

The1lone2outlaw3
01-06-2002, 02:05 AM
yeah, okay. Also, i just hope MP doesn't turn into anything else screwy (because I like how it's an FPS now)